PDA

View Full Version : Sorcadin in Pathfinder?

Mystic Muse
2013-07-03, 08:58 PM
Is there any feasible way to do this, or do you just not have the resources in Pathfinder?

Note, this is Pathfinder exclusive, NOT 3.PF or whatever. Things from 3.5 are not legal in this campaign.

Gnaeus
2013-07-03, 09:00 PM
Why not? Sorcerer and Paladin are both clearly better in PF than in 3.5, at least relative to all other similar classes. Dragon Dragon disciple is also better if you choose to go that route, although hardly high op.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-07-03, 09:07 PM
From a quick search of the Pathfinder SRD, no. As far as I could tell there wasn't single class that had full bab and full casting advancement which are needed to hit the 9th level spells and 16 BAB the sorcadin attains.

Having said that, Eldritcht Knight and Dragon Disciple might work if you are ok with less casting.

Mystic Muse
2013-07-03, 09:40 PM
From a quick search of the Pathfinder SRD, no. As far as I could tell there wasn't single class that had full bab and full casting advancement which are needed to hit the 9th level spells and 16 BAB the sorcadin attains.

Having said that, Eldritcht Knight and Dragon Disciple might work if you are ok with less casting.

I suppose less casting is fine. If there's nothing I can do about it, there's nothing I can do about it.

Is it worth it to take 4 levels of Dragon Disciple for the strength boost (+4), then ditch it for Eldritch Knight?

Scow2
2013-07-03, 09:45 PM
I don't see why you can't, either.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-07-03, 09:52 PM
So Paladin 2/Sorcerer 3/Dragon Disciple 4/ Eldritch Knight 10/Something?

You will loose 4 spell casting levels so you still get 8th level spells and have 16 or 17 Bab, plus some neat abilities from the dragon bloodline. Pretty good IMO, though I think you loose the bonus spells granted by the bloodline and there are good spells in there (Form of the Dragon III looks awesome)

Feralventas
2013-07-03, 09:59 PM
I'm going Dragon Disciple in a pair of games, one more for fluff (as I went Monk/Divine Hunter/Sorc first, for an archer build) and the other somewhat more fitting (Arcane Duelist Bard, decent strength already, using the DD's talents for higher direct combat options).

Dragon Disciple is better in PF's rendition, but still a little lack-luster for the lack of full BAB. The strength modifier boost does make up for the lack of to-hit, but the lack of Haste-effect stacking means you won't be getting many attacks per round, particularly with a heavy Sorc invesment.

That said, your idea of going Sorc/Pally into DD and then jumping out for Eldritch Knight isn't bad, though it will mean your breath weapon and bloodline abilities cease advancing, so this only makes it a good plan if you're going for Casting Advancement with D10 and D12, and decent BAB progression.

You can go Paladin 3, Sorc 2, DD 4 and into EK for the rest if you like. At19, that puts you at 17 BAB IIRC, and Caster Level 14, with some Natural Armor, Bonus Fighter Feats, and a nice spell selection; enough to cast 7th level spells to use while sticking your tongue out at the bards, magus, or inquisitors in the party.

I might suggest sticking around in DD until 5th for Blindsense 30, though I also think it would cost you a level of casting capacity, and maybe a point of BAB to be able to auto-succeed on catching things sneaking up on you, though since 3.5 content is disallowed, Blindsense is a Lot more potent for players since the DM probably won't pull the Darkstalker feat to curb it.

Mystic Muse
2013-07-03, 10:04 PM
I'm going Dragon Disciple in a pair of games, one more for fluff (as I went Monk/Divine Hunter/Sorc first, for an archer build) and the other somewhat more fitting (Arcane Duelist Bard, decent strength already, using the DD's talents for higher direct combat options).

Dragon Disciple is better in PF's rendition, but still a little lack-luster for the lack of full BAB. The strength modifier boost does make up for the lack of to-hit, but the lack of Haste-effect stacking means you won't be getting many attacks per round, particularly with a heavy Sorc invesment. I know

That said, your idea of going Sorc/Pally into DD and then jumping out for Eldritch Knight isn't bad, though it will mean your breath weapon and bloodline abilities cease advancing, so this only makes it a good plan if you're going for Casting Advancement with D10 and D12, and decent BAB progression.

That was the idea basically.

You can go Paladin 3, Sorc 2, DD 4 and into EK for the rest if you like. At19, that puts you at 17 BAB IIRC, and Caster Level 14, with some Natural Armor, Bonus Fighter Feats, and a nice spell selection; enough to cast 7th level spells to use while sticking your tongue out at the bards, magus, or inquisitors in the party. I was planning on Paladin 2/sorc 3/DD4/EK 10 and then the last level of Sorcerer which gets me the 16 BAB by level 20, and 8th level spells.

I might suggest sticking around in DD until 5th for Blindsense 30, though I also think it would cost you a level of casting capacity, and maybe a point of BAB to be able to auto-succeed on catching things sneaking up on you, though since 3.5 content is disallowed, Blindsense is a Lot more potent for players since the DM probably won't pull the Darkstalker feat to curb it.

Unless there's a really good reason to go down to only 7th level spells, I'd rather not lose 8th level spellcasting too.