PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Treasure -IC

Pages : [1] 2

Trollololololol
2013-07-03, 10:09 PM
"Let the festivities begin!" King Onri yelled as he raised his scepter. Cheers broke out across the Makirak square as people flooded the different events spread throughout Makirak. Small tents were set up along the streets selling armor, weapons, magical items, mundane items, and anything else a person could possibly want. A man is passed out drunk on the ground minutes into the festival, and guards are already ushering someone off.

You look around and are excited to partake in the events.

(Yes, this is where we start. Take this opportunity to purchase items or get to know people.)

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-03, 10:30 PM
Thrack grinned with anticipation as he roamed the streets of Makirak. Those around him were giving him a wide berth; no surprise, when he was followed by a five foot tall, spiked dinosaur. Its eyes raked the passerby, but other than that it obediently followed the large Goliath as he walked.

"Now this is a celebration," Thrack said boisterously. His purses jangled with newly won coins, and he searched the grounds for a place to buy a new weapon. His old one had gotten notched in his last battle. It wasn't his fault he hadn't found a weapon yet that could handle his strength.

Finally, he spotted a promising looking shop. "Stay out here, Hrunting," he told the Fleshraker sternly. Ducking inside the shop, he began to look around. Spotting the shopkeep, he gave a wide grin.

"Hey, shopkeep, got any good weapons?" he asked as he moved among the blades and hammers. "I'm looking for a good, sturdy weapon that can cut through anything."

Trollololololol
2013-07-03, 10:38 PM
The old weaponsmith wiggled his mustache as he stood from his stool. He rubbed his rotund belly and pointed at a Longsword.

"How about this?" the old man asked.

Seeing the giant was unsatisfied, he looked around the tent for a better option.

"Well... what are you looking for?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-03, 10:40 PM
"A big sword!" Thrack cried, holding his arms out to their impressive full length. "Something even a giant would need both hands to use, and make it something special. Ya got any adamantium?"

Trollololololol
2013-07-03, 10:49 PM
"Oh hoho!" the old man replies with a laugh. "I got the thing for you!"

The old man leads Thrack to behind the tent where all sorts of large, strange looking weapons sit. The old man walks over to a large sword and tries to pick it up, only to quickly realize that it is far too heavy. He smiles sheepishly at Thrack and points at the giant sword instead.

"This here is a large Adamantine Bastard sword. Of course, these things are incredibly rare and you won't find another one of these unless you happen inside a dragon's stomach! Now, because today is such a special day, and you are going on that adventure to the Forbidden Treasure, I'll cut you a deal. How about... 2,000 Gold? Or... do you still want that Longsword?"

redmane
2013-07-03, 11:03 PM
A rather nondescript gnome have been studying the stall loaded with various armor.

Something light, that's what I need. My frame can't withstand most of the stuff from here... and yet everyone needs protection, nowadays. Say, what's this?

Gnome pointed at a darkened chain shirt, of which only the most experienced eye would've make out that it's made out of the weightless mithral.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-03, 11:08 PM
Thrack peered at the sword for a moment. He picked it up, and immediately felt that the weight was off. Once he held it in both hands, however, he felt the weight settle into his hands. He grinned bestially, but after a few swings realized that it was not as heavy as his old weapon. It would do less damage, and he frowned at the thought.

"This is a great weapon, old timer," he said. "But I'm looking for something with a bit more oomph. You got a greatsword that a giant could use? One that's adamantium; or better yet, magic? Thrack hadn't yet had the chance to own a magical weapon, but the tales he'd heard from his former companions made him think of them fondly.

Trollololololol
2013-07-03, 11:13 PM
Redmane
A young kid approached the nondescript Gnome. His ruddy cheeks were covered in freckles and a forced smile was plastered to his face.

"Can I help you?" the kid asked. On his shirt was a rag that read 'Westin.'

Seeing the Gnome point at the Chain Shirt, Westin sighed.

"You really want that? Well whatever I guess. Listen, if you want the Chain Shirt, I'll sell it to you for 100gp. That is what Chain Shirts go for... right?"

Thokk_Smash
"A magical Greatsword? Well, sure, I suppose I have one of those. I'm not going to even try to pick that up!"

The old man watched as Thrack picked up the giant sword. Seeing a satisfied look on his customer, the old man pumped his fist.

"I'll sell that to you for the same price as the Bastard Sword, but... if you want the magic parts put on there, you need to visit one of the magic booths. I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about magic! Leave that for the advanced young generation!" the old man replied with a chuckle.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-03, 11:22 PM
"Sounds fair enough," Thrack said, hefting his new weapon in his hand. Scrounged around his pouch and counted out the needed number of coins. He took his time; numbers weren't his area of expertise.

"There ya go, old timer," he said after about five minutes of counting coins. "That should be enough."

With a little effort, he made a hook on his shoulder strap that he could lay the large greatsword on while he walked. It'd give him an easy way to draw it as well. Nodding in satisfaction, he turned to the man once more.

"Now, I got a few more questions for ya," he said. "Is there a shop in this place where I can get armor made of dragonhide? My vows forbid me from wearing metal, but I can't go into a battle with just any old leather on. And where's that magic place you mentioned?

Yas392
2013-07-03, 11:24 PM
A slightly furred humanoid espy the row of tents lined up evenly-space. A gnome and a giant are doing business with a weaponsmith. Better let them clear the bargains. In the mean time, he hangs around a tent selling magical merchandises, appraising the items laid out on a smooth tarp.

Pardon me, do you have a dagger up for sale? A particular one crafted by the Yuan-Ti's themselves for general use?

redmane
2013-07-03, 11:24 PM
Why of course they do, young lad! Just as I was trying to... er... remember the price, and there you are! Are you replacing your dad? It's a good time for him to get a beer... well, just like any other time, really, isn't it?

Gnome reached for the pouch, eyes darting varily, his other hand getting a good hold on the shirt's collar.

Either I can't tell the mithral shirt from a metal one, or the kid didn't notice that the shirt is mithral... or the kid doesn't even work here, and just tries to con me. Let's play along, for now... - Shem's thoughts raced chaotically.

Trollololololol
2013-07-03, 11:31 PM
Thokk_Smash
"Armor? Well, there is a great armorsmith just a few tents down. I believe he went to get a drink, so you may want to wait for him to get back. His son, Westin, is there right now and... he's not the brightest boy in town, bless his soul. I'm surprised the tent is even still there! Anyways, while you're waiting though, the magic shop is just a few tents down from the armor tent. Anything I can help you with?" the old man asked.

Yas392
A heavily robed figure approaches the strange looking creature. He is cautious, but realizes that he must always help the customer. He throws a careful hand on the creature's back and nods.

"Anything I can help you with?"

Redmane
Westin thanks you as you make your way out. He grabs a regular Chain Shirt and places it on the rack where your armor was sitting.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-03, 11:38 PM
"Nah, I don't think I've got anything else you can help me with. Goodnight, and may your springs flow ever fast and full," Thrack said, giving a farewell common in his Druidic circle.

Leaving the shop, he pondered his next move. The armor shop was closer, and if he got the armor first then he could get both it and his sword enchanted together. It was a brilliant idea!

He strode over to the armor shop, Hrunting at his heels. Sternly commanding him to stay outside once more, he entered the armor shop and looked around. There was a child there, just like the weaponsmith had said. There was also a gnome, hands full of a beautiful armor.

"Hey, boy," Thrack called to the freckled boy. "Do you got any dragonhide armor around here?"

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 12:07 AM
"Uh... I th-th-think s-s-so..." the boy stammered. The boy, Westin ran for the a back room and emerged seconds later holding a large chunk of armor.

"W-will this do s-s-sir?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 12:12 AM
Thrack knelt down to check the armor in the boy's shaking hands. He took it and held it out to see if it would fit. He also checks to see if it is actually dragonhide; he was just a boy, after all, and may have made a mistake.

"Where's your dad at, kid?" he asked while he inspected the armor.

Do I need to roll, like, a nature check to see if it's dragonhide? I can't very well trust the kid, now, can I?

Escheton
2013-07-04, 12:16 AM
Looking to spend the gold and gems salvaged from the hoard, the somewhat unsettling lorekeeping kobold is looking around to replace abondoned gear and upgrade her armor. Searching for the items on her shopping list(tooth of savnok, wilding clasps, healing belt, everlasting rations, a mount) she encounters a dinosaur, and stops for a nice non-verbal chat with it. If it goes well she might even take it with her.

Animal empathy: [roll0]

Hurkle
2013-07-04, 12:20 AM
With the fresh jingle of coin in his pocket, Hurkle made his way down the street looking for a weaponsmith. After all, the massive great ax he'd been lugging around was getting quite worn and it was time he got himself something a little nicer. He spotted a tent where a goliath was walking out, testing a brand new Greatsword. "That looks like the place." Hurkle thought, and ducked into the tent. "Shopkeeper, do you happen to have any finely crafted or magical Great Ax's lying about?"

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 12:55 AM
Yas392
The robed mage started in silence for a moment before responding.
"If you would like a weapon, you'll have to go to the weaponsmith for that. I cannot help you.

thokk_smash
no roll is needed. you can tell it is the armor you were looking for.

"W-well he's at the t-tavern sir. If you want to buy the armor, it w-w-will cost 1000 g-gold," the boy stammers.

escheton
The woman smiles at the small dinosaur. She has a beautiful face and soft skin. Yes that little cutie is for sale! She seems to really like you, so I'm gonna sell her to you for 2000 gold. sound good?"

hurkle
"Why of course!" the old man beamed. He smiled as he received his second customer of the day. The old man pointed at a great axe sitting in a display case.
"Well you're the second person looking for a magic item today! Anyways, this axe was handcrafted by the Dwarves. Pretty special. It was masterworked just for an adventurer such as yourself! Now... how does 1000 gold sound? Of course, you'll have to gp to the magic tent for any enchantments."

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 01:11 AM
Thrack thought that the armor is priced a bit too high, but decided to cut the boy a little slack. Just talking to the Goliath must have been a tough act. He nodded and fished out his coin purse. After a few minutes of counting coins once more, he handed the money to the boy. "Thanks fer your help, kid," he said.

Hefting the new armor on his back, he left the stall just in time to hear, "...I'm gonna sell her to you for 2,000 gold. Sound good?"

Thrack's eyes widened as he saw a small Kobold and a woman talking next to Hrunting. Apparently, they were hashing out a contract for his friend!

He saw red for a moment, but forced his anger down. "Not now, Thrack," he thought to himself. "Don't start fights in cities. Wait for a real battle."

Walking closer to them, he loudly interjected, "You guys got the wrong idea. His name is Hrunting, and he isn't for sale. C'mon, boy."

With a small whistle, he gestured for his scaled friend to come next to him. With a skree, Hrunting strode over to his side.

Also, Fleshraker dinosaurs are listed as Medium, so it seems the woman was blind as well as beautiful :smallwink: (I kid)

Escheton
2013-07-04, 01:11 AM
I was thinking about our druid//barb's animal companion. But this works. Especially seeing I can use that animal empathy.
Knowledge Nature and Lore to determine the breed, specials, how common a trained mount and such
Lore: [roll0]
Knowledge(Ancient Knowledge and collector if stories used):[roll1]

"Allow me to inspect her a moment and maybe look around"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 01:19 AM
Thrack eyed the small Kobold warily, noting that he still called Hrunting by the wrong gender.

"You can have a look at him," Thrack said, emphasizing the pronoun. "Just so long as you don't get any funny ideas. And you can inspect her on the go; I don't wanna waste time, and no way am I leaving you alone with her."

With that, Thrack turned and walked to find the tent where he would the weapon enchanter. Hrunting followed behind him.

Yas392
2013-07-04, 02:33 AM
Never mind about that, I thought the weapon is more on your line since it is more of a trinket. Back to the subject, have you got a badge of valor? Need a pint of passion in my aspiring path, you know.

He grins sheepishly as he requests the item.

Medic!
2013-07-04, 06:15 AM
Kirkis

The coin jingling in his pocket does little to lift Kirkis's foul mood as the invisible pixie makes his way through the veritable bazaar. Not such a good trade-off...putting up with a crazy adventuring party to take their coin but having to leave behind all my gear!

He mentally ticks off the items needing replaced with the most urgency, first and foremost being another Handy Haversack to keep his gear in!

He keeps an eye out for a likely source for a new Haversack in addition to some Gloves of Dexterity (+2), a Hand of the Mage, and a Talisman of the Disk, and a replacement Artificer's Monocle. He does the sums in his head and his mood gets even fouler as he realizes that he'll be lucky to break even on the deal.

Escheton
2013-07-04, 06:30 AM
"Ok...", the kobold muses whilst contemplating what just happened. To then suddenly break into stride and look for some baubles, in hopes of checking some off her list.

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 07:24 AM
Pet Shop
"Oh my! I am terribly sorry! I have no idea what that was about," the woman said to the Kobold (Escheton) as the giant stormed away from the pet tent. It seemed to draw the little Kobold back.

"Well anyways, the "dinosaur" you were looking at before was the Monitor Lizard. It costs about 2000 gold."

The woman could see disinterest in the Kobold's face and continued, "Over there is a Clawfoot. Costs 4500 gold, but if you were to spend that kind of money, this is the mount you would spend it on! Over there, I have a Warbeast Rhino. That will cost 1000 Gold. I believe I also have a Dire Hawk for 1500. Now... have I drawn you interest sir?"

Magic Shop
(Yas392)"Why of course I have the badge of valor my friend! In fact, I happen to have several of those. I will gladly sell you one for 50 Gold," the mage said behind his heavy robes.

Just as he finished speaking, a giant (Throkk_Smash) walked in. "Hello good sir! My associate will help you!" He said with a wave. In moments, a second heavily-robed mage stepped forward.

"Yessir! Tell me what you need! Tell me everything you need, and I'll get it for you right now!"

General Store
Felix watched as a Pixie (Medic!) walked by his tent. Anxious to meet one of the fabled creatures, Felix called in the Pixie.

"Hello and welcome to Felix's Shop! I have all the things that you could possibly need for your adventures! If I remember correctly, you are one of the adventurers going after the Forbidden Treasure! Now please, tell me everything you need, and I'll do what I can to help!"

Escheton
2013-07-04, 08:24 AM
"That you have, and it's miss. But no worries, it's hard to tell., the small dragon darts off to get familiar with the hawk and rhino and inspect it's gear and barding.
"Does there happen to be a dwarven high wizard resident here? I have some plans for better placing of plates, rigging, flooring and such and doubt you or the armorer have the materials available. If not, what do we have to work with?she asks with a cheerful tone.

This takes some time, consider me there for at least 15 minutes getting to know the 2 creatures and take notes on gear improvements.
The plan is for a small military seat in the front(with a retractable roof), full plate armor, a perch/nest for the hawk, and quite a few saddlebags on top.
Judging from the picture and it's use of space, should be doable.
(dragon?) leather barding and a military saddle for the hawk

Rhino Animal empathy:[roll0]
Hawk Animal empathy:[roll1]

PowerGamer
2013-07-04, 08:36 AM
Cerberus walks through the crowns. This is one of those times when being short is not an advantage. He struggles to see some of the stalls and gets jostled around by all of the big folk. It's all starting to get to him. His crazed nature that he struggles to keep under wraps is slowing making it's way to the surface, but he must buy some new equipment before he causes any trouble.

He asks around for the armory. Upon finding the location he snickers at the few folks outside talking about the fleshraker. A large man walks out of the armory and claims it's not for sale just as Cerberus enters the shop.

He sees the boy still shaking from the goliaths visit. "Boy, do you happened to have any mirthril shirts for folks of my stature? Make it snappy!"

After the boy runs to the back Cerberus realized there was something else he needed, "AND ALSO GRAB ONE OF THEM LEVITATING SHEILDS! PERFERABLY STEEL!" he yelled

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 09:21 AM
Thrack blinked at the man's friendly attitude. He grinned back at him and said, "I've got some things I need magicked."

Going over to an empty table, he placed the armor and greatsword onto it. The table creaked under the weight. "I'd like you to put some good magic improvements onto these. Nothing fancy, just help the sword deal more damage and the armor to protect me better. Think you can do that?"

Hurkle
2013-07-04, 09:35 AM
"That is a fine price for an ax sir. I'll take it!" Hurkle pulls out his coin pouch and begins counting out the coins. After a few moments, he has handed the coins over to the shopkeeper and weighs the ax in his arm. "Can you direct me to that magic tent you were talking about?"

Medic!
2013-07-04, 01:08 PM
Kirkis

The pixie's invisibility fades as he trudges into Felix's tent. "Greetings, Felix!" The small fae flips his violet hair back over his shoulder as he takes his time entering. The pixie's lavender eyes sparkle as he engages the shop owner with all the natural charm he possesses, "I've run into a bit of misfortune and need to replace a few essential items if that treasure is to be mine! A pair of gloves to keep my fingers nimble and safe, an amulet enchanted with a Mage Hand cantrip, a talisman for invoking Tenser's Floating Disk to carry my treasure, (ha ha ha!) and I require a new enchanted monocle akin to the ones the fabled Artificers utilize in identification of magic goods...oh and lest I forget a Haversack would be quite handy!"

redmane
2013-07-04, 01:49 PM
Shem decided not to look the gifted horse in the mouth, and quickly disappeared between the stalls, holding tight his new acquisition. The chain shirt was light and supple, yet strong. Gnome decided to try it on right away, and then moved on to the magic shop, where the rest of his shopping list was supposed to be found.

Good day, sir - he greeted the robed shopkeeper - I'm looking for a bag. No, not a mundane one - a magical bag. No, not the "of holding" type, sorry, I doubt I could afford one at the moment. One of the Heward's majestic creations, if memory serves me right. Preferably something of my size, too

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 04:35 PM
After several hours of haggling and purchasing, the herald calls over the adventuring party to the ship. He informs them them that King Onri is ready to send the party out on their adventure and hands them a piece of paper.

King Onri appears next to the herald, beaming smile on his face.

"Adventurers! I bid thee godspeed! You have done all of the Makirakians proud!"

With that, he motions the party to enter the ship. Cheers erupt from the large crowd as the party enters the ship. Quickly, everyone notices a dirty man following them on board. He is holding the paper that the herald had given them.

redmane
2013-07-04, 06:25 PM
Shem was busy inspecting his new trinkets - a dark purple metallic headband with an amethyst embedded in it; a worn but sturdy backpack that seem to have seen a lot in its long life; a wide belt made from purple leather of some exotic beast; and a pair of dark velvet gloves with cut fingers. So he entered the ship, not really paying much attention to the king's speech, or the crowd's cheering, or the strange dirty man. The way ahead was long, and Shem's biggest worry at the moment was not to get seasick.

PowerGamer
2013-07-04, 08:34 PM
After tugging one more time at the harness and belts that he wore to make things fit just a little better, Cerberus walks up the the gangplank. About half way up he turns his head out over the crowd and lets loose a cone of fire. He notices the dirty man making his way towards them. Stepping to the side at the top of the gang plank to let those behind him board he waits for the man to reach him because say, "Hey! Who are you and what business do you have with us?"

Breath was just an act of him showing off.

Yas392
2013-07-04, 09:05 PM
Thank you, sir!

He bows with appreciation after a successful haggle and went on the ship. He is an aspirant, not for ambition nor for glory, he is someone who gladly help others, provided the means and resources to do so. In his heart, truly a heart of double helix blazing fire of passion and sincerity. As he stow away the items that he had brought (such a generous and helpful shopkeeper), he thinks that he's finally free from whatever that was plaguing him of the past. A sharp noise plods his face forward, zooming just to see a male harassing the downtrodden. He calms his nerves and observes the poor man before he do anything rash.

Spot - [roll0]
Listen - [roll1]
Sense Motive - [roll2]

Hurkle
2013-07-04, 10:10 PM
With his coin purse feeling significantly lighter, but a big grin on his face as he walks into the ship with his new Great Ax and Greatsword strapped across his back, Hurkle pauses only briefly to tip his hat to the crowd as he bows deeply. He then twirls around and heads into the ship.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 10:10 PM
Thrack roamed the ship eagerly, nerves vibrating with excitement. Their trip had only just begun, but he could almost smell the battle. Behind him, Hrunting could sense his excitement. He too seemed to be more audible than usual, though that may have been the masterwork chain shirt barding causing the noise.

For his part, Thrack shifted and felt the potions on his belt clanking. Aside from the magicking he'd asked the mages to do on his sword and breastplate, he'd gotten some potions to help him last in battles; five for healing, and five to improve his defense. As for his sword, he had gotten the cheapest enhancement possible; those things got damn expensive, fast. He'd splurged on the armor's magic, though. After all, if he died too fast then he couldn't fight anymore.

Suddenly, he saw a gout of fire be blown out of the corner of his eye. Turning to see, he saw...a little gnome, steam coming out of his mouth, start to menace a dirty man. With his blood already boiling, he moved to see what was up. Maybe he'd get to fight already!

Escheton
2013-07-04, 10:30 PM
After having spent many a stressful hour directing leatherworkers, carpenters, smiths and mages the Rhinosaur is finally ready for travel.
Costing as much as a small house, that is exactly what he will be for the travels ahead. Covered in slick black steel plates, scale, padding and leather. Magically and mundanely treated for maximum comfort and pragmatism.
Subsequently adorned with kobold tribal war traditions. If only she could add the skulls and bones if these cretins. It would be such an improvement.
Now just to smile and wave too the loathsome creatures, they might be of use later.

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 10:42 PM
Bryr
Aside from noticing the man is dirty, nothing really jumps out at you. You hear only the raised voice of Cerberus.

The dirtied man looks at Cerberus in confusion.

"I'm just the cabin boy. My name is Rattington," the man offers with a firm handshake.

Rattington looks down at the sheet of paper and offers it to Cerberus. He then throws a sack over his shoulder and wanders down below deck.

"That's the checklist of the jobs on the ship. Make sure you each take one role!" the man calls over his shoulder.

The paper reads:

-Captain
-First Mate
-Navigator
-Cook
-Lookout
-Driver
-Cabin Boy II

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 10:50 PM
"Is it really wise to make one of us captain of a ship?" Thrack asked dubiously. "It doesn't seem like any of us know the first thing about handling a ship; at least, I don't."

"Anyway, I think I'll take the lookout post. Unless someone else has better eyesight than I do?"

My spot's +11.

Medic!
2013-07-04, 10:52 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis completes his purchases with Felix just in time to receive the summons to the ship. As he ducks out of the General Store tent his invisibility reflexively activates again and he flaps off towards the ship, hoping to arrive before as many of the others as possible.

When he reaches the ship the pixie makes himself visible long enough to check in with the herald, then finds a comfortable on a perch on the rigging and watches the parade of miscreants....er....adventurers that he will be working with.

He keeps one eye on the group as he silently reads the slip of paper the herald gave him.

EDIT:
Kirkis calls down from the rigging, "Look-out is already taken...maybe you could cook?" A chuckle floats down from the hauser line.

OOC
took me long enough to post that a couple snuck in behind me...got a spot of +12 and I can fly up to elevation, if that works better for lookout

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 10:57 PM
In case you were wondering, the note the herald handed you is a note of gratitude from the king.

Escheton
2013-07-04, 10:59 PM
"I shall be the navigator. Having extensive knowledge of geography and nature I should be able too guide us well."the spiritual shepard calls out from the back if her new war-mount.

Hurkle
2013-07-04, 11:06 PM
Intrigued by the ship, as this is the first one Hurkle has ever been on, Hurkle eyes the list of roles. "I'm a terrible cook so that's out, and I'm not particularly adept at spotting things so I have no desire to be a lookout. If the others will have me, I'd like to be first mate, seeing as I definitely don't know enough to be Captain or the Navigator, but I'm a quick enough learner and a decent speaker to be able to take on First Mate.

redmane
2013-07-04, 11:13 PM
Now that the navigation and lookout are taken... I'll drive. Just tell me where to. - sighed Shem. It didn't really mattered what he'd taken, he was equally inept at all the occupations.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 11:20 PM
"I guess I can whip up a good soup and venison if need be," Thrack said. He harrumphed and went to find Rattington. "Oi, where the hell is the food kept here?"

Yas392
2013-07-04, 11:21 PM
I am not comfortable with being the captain, cook and whatever that involves a lot of ordering around and geography. I can substitute being the lookout if anyone have no desire to be one or just forcing themselves to be one, I have a decent perception. Otherwise, I can work together with the Cabin Boy if it comes to this.

Bryr goes for the jobs that highlight his greatest strengths.

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 11:26 PM
Rattington turns and looks at the giant standing before him. He remains unflinching however as he responds.

"Food? It's kept over there," Rattington replied as he points at a small kitchen stocked with food.

Thrack look at the food and find all the meat is spoiled and no water. However, there is plenty of noodles, vegetables, and ale.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 11:32 PM
Thrack closes his eyes for a moment. "Ehlonna preserve me," he cursed. "The king himself is sending us off, and he gives us this for food? It's a damned disgrace!"

He went about dividing the noodles and vegetables into portions. Depending on how much was there, they'd have to ration it.

How long will the food last, both if we do and don't ration? And how long will we be at sea? Also, am I able to use Purify Food and Drink on seawater? Because without drinking water, we'll die pretty damn soon."

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 11:37 PM
You have maybe two-three days without rationing it, and you have a week if you do ration it.

Unforunately, you do not know how long you will be at sea.

You may cast Purify Food and Drink on any food or drink related items that needs to be purified.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 11:41 PM
Okay, so Thrack casts a quick Create Water, to give us 8 more gallons of water. He also casts Purify Food on the spoiled meat.

Does that give us a bit more days of food?

PowerGamer
2013-07-04, 11:44 PM
Hearing the other adventures picking their roles makes Cerberus ancious. Surprisingly no one took Captain, but that leaves that entertaining role um to himself. He grins and gives a big smirk before bellowing in a corny pirate accent, "Ahoy mates! You have just boarded a boat bound for treasaaaa! Seeing as that we have jobs sorted and that we know who's in charge, let's get this tub sailing! Navigator!! Find our driver a course!! Once we get out of this port and are comfortably on our way we can has a meetin to introduce yarselves. NOW GIT TO IT!"

Trollololololol
2013-07-04, 11:45 PM
Thokk_Smash
You have enough water to last a few days and you have enough food for several days more.

Rattington makes his way back on deck and eyes the rest of the party. He can't help but notice everyone is getting flustered trying to figure out their jobs.

"Well that guy is a bit of a handful," Rattington jokes. "Do you all know each other already?"

Yas392
2013-07-04, 11:49 PM
Be grateful that we have enough to sustain us for the journey. If you insist on being a picky person, you will find yourself getting malnourishment.

Bryr says this as he gathers up all the rotten food in an array.

Purify food and water

A glimmer of light wash over the rations, returning them to their greenish hues.

Now that is done, you have to excuse me, I have a job of being a scrub. Good luck peeling those, sailor.

The door is brushed open, creaking with the sounds rapture into the air.

Yas392
2013-07-04, 11:51 PM
((OOC: Aww, too late? But does that mean that I purified more food? :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:))

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-04, 11:57 PM
"Hey, I'm the cook," Thrack barked out. "Leave the food to me. And don't talk to me about malnourishment; I've spent enough nights starving to not want to feel it again."

Thrack shooed the human out, though he seemed to be leaving anyway. "And peeling? That was rotten meat, not rotten vegetables."

:smalltongue:

Yas392
2013-07-05, 12:06 AM
However, he's far out of ear sight when Thrack tries to shooed him out and his blabbering got dispersed in the music as Bryr blows his horn, skipping around the lower deck, mopping the floors.

:smalltongue:

Hurkle
2013-07-05, 12:24 AM
Rattington, if you could be so kind as to indulge my curiosity, where exactly are we headed right now? We have been left somewhat in the dark as to where exactly we are off to.

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 01:19 AM
"I'm not really sure. If I had to guess though, we are probably heading to a hidden island in the North. Rumor has it that an important clue is hidden on the island." Rattington replies. Rattington looks around the ship and notices people feeling much more comfortable around the ship.

"So... is anyone else hungry? I could sure go for some noodles right now!"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-05, 01:29 AM
Thrack looked over the food stores one last time before nodding with satisfaction. "We've got plenty of noodles," he said as he gathered enough for the crew. "However, I'd prefer it if we figured out how long it'll take to get there before long." He changed the pitch of his voice when he said, "'A hidden island to the north' isn't much help."

Off to bed. Reply when I get up, if I need to at least.

PowerGamer
2013-07-05, 10:23 AM
"I'm not really sure. If I had to guess though, we are probably heading to a hidden island in the North. Rumor has it that an important clue is hidden on the island." Rattington replies. Rattington looks around the ship and notices people feeling much more comfortable around the ship.

"So... is anyone else hungry? I could sure go for some noodles right now!"

Glad that the others are settling in very quickly and getting used to the ship that they now trapped on for who knows how long.
In the North... that's great. We don't know where we are actually going. "Hey, Rat-something-or-other. All you know is that it's in the North? Nothing more specific or identifiable about it's location?"

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 10:36 AM
Rattington looked around as the others asked him about their destination.

"I have no idea where we are headed. I'm just the cabin boy! Perhaps you can find a map in the Captain's Quarters or something!" Rattington huffs as he heads below deck.

Escheton
2013-07-05, 02:18 PM
Skhltrh jumps off her Warmount, asks it too stay put and moves to the captain quarters where she consults the map, her god and her grimoir.
She makes some notes about the needed coarse. Too then inspect the ship and inform the Captain and Pilot.

Prevent Getting lost; Survival dc15: Take 10; 20
Predict Weather; Survival dc 15, +5 for every additional day: Take 10; 20
Knowledge Geography to set coarse DC 35(mythical, legendary); Take 10; 35( altough according to Stormwrack the DM has to make the check, so fyi: +25 (not counting any bonus or penalty from the chart)
Knowledge Architecture and engineering to know the boat fully: Take 10; 29 (DC 25 is enough to design and oversee build of the largest type of ships)
Knowledge History for knowing the ship's past: Take 10; 29

Resources use: Book of Worldly Knowledge 1 of 3/day used. Cast Lore of the Gods, lvl 2 spell.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-05, 02:35 PM
Thrack stomped around the ship's kitchen, starting fires and boiling water to prepare the noodles. Hrunting was sitting down in a corner, doing its best to be inconspicuous. Memories of nights spent cooking over a firepit sprang into his mind, and he smiled fondly at the memories.

Just to get in on the skill checks:

Survival to whip up a good supper: Take 10, total 17.

Unless you rule that I require a Profession check, in which case taking 10 gets me a 13. But since Thrack is drawing on memories of eating in the wilderness, I can substitute in Survival, right?

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 02:40 PM
Skhltrh
Looking at your rolls and such, it appears that you will be able to prevent from getting lost.
Survival check- [roll0]

Thrack
I will allow him to make a Survival check for this. Based on your roll, you make a rather decent meal.

PowerGamer
2013-07-05, 02:53 PM
Cerberus grunts at the response given by Rattington and turns just in time to see the pixie making her way into the Captains Quarters. While he waits for her return he wanders about the deck looking for anything interesting and making sure that the crew is getting along well. I might need to soften up for this group so that they don't cause a mutinee. One can't partake in treasure if they're dead

Fine search of the top deck of the ship

Search: +7 taking 10 = 17

Yas392
2013-07-05, 05:23 PM
Hey Ratty, you need help on anything? Bryr asks, having done his chores. If not, I'll be up top the lookout post with the pixie.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-05, 09:58 PM
Thrack looked over the few pot of noodles, spotted with vegetables, and ladled out a spoonful. Gulping a mouthful, he gave a large sigh of contentment.

"Ah, that's the stuff," he said. Taking out enough bowls for the rest of the crew, he filled them to the brim. As carefully as he could, for an eight foot tall mammoth of a man, he carried the bowls to the large table and set them down. Some broth slopped over, but he shrugged.

"Come and get it, one and all!" he bellowed. "Get it while it's hot!"

With that, he sat down and dug in. Hrunting knelt again in the corner, munching on a rat he had caught.

redmane
2013-07-05, 10:17 PM
Seasickness didn't really kick in, to Shem's surprise, so he started emptying his bowl with quite an appetite.

Nice stuff. We can try to get some fish, that would make it even richer. It's a pity I'm not too much of a fisher, though - an amateur, really. Anyone knows that stuff here, maybe?

Escheton
2013-07-05, 10:30 PM
With the help of a clever weasel Skhltrh removes her armor for dinner and ease of movement around the ship. And stows it in her saddlebags.
Afterwards she feeds her pets and takes out bedrolls for comfort.
She arrives to dinner in her vestments a couple of minutes after the call for it has been made.
Once seated she seems to make a little prayer over her food (or if you have spellcraft: she casts detect poison and prestidigitation).

PowerGamer
2013-07-05, 11:02 PM
Having finished looking around the deck, Cerberus hears the dinner call Great timing, I was just getting hungry too.
He makes his way down to the others, in no rush. Upon getting there, he sits down at the head of the table. He looks around at the others. We are quite the interesting group aren't we...
He starts to eat the noodles, "MMMM! This stuff is good. Who cooked this again? You my friend have some talent."
He eats a little more before trying to start up a conversation, "I'd like to introduce myself. My names Cerberus Silverfire. I grew up on the streets after my family was eaten by dragons. I was taken and given a second chance at a military academy where I was given special training to eventually defeat this dragon... that has yet to happen... Moving on... Looking at the lot of you that we are all experienced adventures. Like it or not, we are stuck together from here on out so it's in everyone's best interest if we get along. Why don't we go around and introduce ourselves so that we may be better acquainted."

Trolllolol: Just let me know about that search check so that I may edit it in

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-05, 11:11 PM
Thrack slurps up the last of his noodles with a relish. Downing the rest of his water, he grins and says, "I was the one who made the noodles. Thanks for the kind words.

"And I guess I'll start us off. The name's Thrack Thuliaga. My story's pretty short; I grew restless in my village and struck out on my own. Found a cabal of druids, and it seems that the natural life suited me. Been adventuring close to five years, but only a few with Hrunting over there.

"Oh, and that's my friend, Hrunting," Thrack said, gesturing to the chest sized (to him) dinosaur in the corner. Don't worry, he's harmless...unless you give him a reason not to be.

With that, he leaned back in his chair, satisfied. "Now, who's next?"

Medic!
2013-07-06, 12:20 AM
Kirkis

The pixie hears the dinner call and abandons his post long enough to walk into the dinning cabin, grab a bowl, and toss over his shoulder "I'm Kirkis, and I'm after a legendary treasure, nice to meet you!" the last comes out like an afterthought on his way back out of the cabin. Still invisible, he flaps back up onto the crow's nest to continue his look-out.

Once the ship is underway, Kirkis snickers and closes his eyes, drawing on his innate powers, and gives the ship a Clever disguise...

Kirkis uses his 1/day Permanent Image to illusion the ship as a Kraken. DC 23 Will save to disbelieve on interaction :smallamused:

Hurkle
2013-07-06, 12:30 AM
Well I guess I'll go next. I'm Hurkle, I manifested sorcerer powers at the age of 15, have been adventuring for close to three years now. I can handle this here Great Ax as good as the best of them, and I'm intrigued by this legend of forgotten treasure. I'm easily fascinated by secrets, stories, and other such things so if any of you have some you would like to share in the wee hours, I'd be more than happy to listen.

Hurkle then sets to devouring his noodles, as being a rather large human does take quite a bit of food.

Hurkle
2013-07-06, 12:42 AM
As Hurkle sets down his bowl of noodles, he suddenly notices something is a little... different with the ship. Am I the only here who thinks the ship suddenly looks like we're inside of some sort of fish thingy?

Escheton
2013-07-06, 12:42 AM
"Skhltrh, lorekeeper of Xyaxishichor........
My dragon slain, my hoard stolen, my brethren slaughtered.
Enough serving, time for my own hoard!the tiny dragon says while angrily staring into the distance.
She then focuses back on her meal,"Good noodles. "

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-06, 12:54 AM
To Thrack's eyes, the ship seemed to morph into a roiling cauldron of flesh, all tentacles and suction cups. Frowning angrily, he blinked and shook his head. In an instant, the flesh turned back into wood, and he grunted with satisfaction.

Looking around, he saw that a few seemed to be taken in by the illusion. Feeling his competitive spirit rise up, he grinned and said, "Seems like I've got one on you already, Hurkle." There was no malice in his voice, just friendliness.

Escheton
2013-07-06, 01:06 AM
Being alerted to it the kobold looks up from her bowl and an intense gutwrenching sense of panic overtakes her. "THE RHINO!!!, she screams in draconic as she jumps up and rushes too calm the beast.
On the way she notices the Dire Hawk having flown off in fright.

"Handle Animal(Rhino): [roll0]
Will save Rhino: [roll1]
Will save Hawk: [roll2]
Will save familiar: [roll3]
Resource used: Divine Insight

Yas392
2013-07-06, 01:08 AM
There is nothing up there. So Bryr descend only to be held captive by the smell from the void of his hunger. He accept the bowl from Thrack, thanking him, smiling as the group gathers for the feast. Hello there, fellow crew members. You can call me Bryr. I am sorry but I would not like divulge my past. That is not to say I can't give you the simplified version of it. I am somewhat a dabbler of sorts. And I joined a faction to ensure world-peace.

He claps his hands together.

Oh my, if my eyes did not deceive me, we are suppose to be in the belly of the beast, correct?

Will save to disbelief - [roll0]

By the stars, did we get eaten by a kraken already?

Bryr conspicuously shows his innocence.

Trollololololol
2013-07-06, 01:14 AM
Cerberus
You find some rope along with other important boating tools.

Rattington clears his throat. "Well... I am also intrigued by great treasures..."

Rattington is cut off mid-sentence as a high pitched shriek disrupts the meal. Rattington points in fright as an Adult Arrowhawk charges straight for the ship.

Prepare for combat. Map will be up shortly.

Trollololololol
2013-07-06, 01:27 AM
Battleground:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
1...................x x x
2.................x x x x x
3......A.......x x x x x x x
4.............x x x x x x x x x
5.......... x x x x L C x x x x
6...........x x x T x x G x x x
7...........x x x x B H x x x x
8...........x x x x x K x x x x
9...........x x x S x x x x x x
10.........x x x R x x x x x D
11.........x x x ______ x x x

Guide:
Blank Space/Period- Water
x- Ship
_- Doorway to below deck
A- Arrowhawk
D-Dire Hawk
R-Rhino
S- Skhltrh
T-Thrack
B- Bryr
H- Hurkle
K- Kirkis (up in mast)
C- Cerberus
G- Shem
L-Rattington

Yas392
2013-07-06, 04:52 AM
Onwards, friends. Do not be intimidated by it's sheer presence but do not underestimate it. We are strong and swift and we shall not fall today. Let our enemy know that we are it's predator and it is our prey. Kyrie Eleison!

Bryr shouts his words of encouragement, bolstering his allies spirits and their robustness as the Arrowhawk emerges to do battle.

Protection Devotion - +3 AC to all allies.
Party Aura Bonus - +10 initiative bonus and +1 Reflex Save bonus for those 5 ft of Bryr and +6 initiative bonus those beyond.

Hurkle
2013-07-06, 09:57 AM
Still incredibly baffled by the presence of the Kraken they're riding on, Hurkle runs over to confront the arrowhawk at the side of the ship, casts Bull's Strength on himself and then draws his Great Ax.

2.................x x x x x
3......A.......x x x x x x x
4.............x H x x x x x x x
6...........x x x T x x G x x x
7...........x x x x B x x x x x

redmane
2013-07-06, 11:43 AM
Shem was very familiar with the illusions himself - in fact, they were his bread and butter - so he wasn't particularly bothered with the one pixie pulled out (though he was happy to see a fellow illusionist).

The arrowhawk, however, could be annoying, and Shem pulled out his crossbow, loaded a bolt, and unloaded it onto the bird.

[roll0]

Escheton
2013-07-06, 11:55 AM
"An arrowhawk...good meat and great bone structure...
With the Rhino calmed and the Hawk relatively safe Skhltrh takes to the saddle and focuses her resolve to capture the beast.
Guiding the warbeast to move a little closer and attack the symmetrical flyer if it dives.
The Kraken seems oddly docile, no attacks yet, so no priority.

Move action to mount, standard action for True Strike

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-06, 12:17 PM
Thrack grunted in annoyance. "Damn interruptions," he muttered as he got up and unhooked his greatsword. Whistling, he called to Hrunting to join him as he moved closer to the Arrowhawk.

With a bellow, he entered his rage. Immersing himself in his anger, he let the primal power flow through him and felt himself grow in stature. He cried out a challenge to the Arrowhawk, banging his fist on his chest.

2.................x x T T x
3......A.......x x x T T x x
4.............x H x F x x x x x
6...........x x x x x x G x x x

F=Fleshraker

PowerGamer
2013-07-06, 02:10 PM
Cerberus is not happy about his meal being interrupted... He sets down his blow, wipes his mount and stands up. The then starts to make his way to the deck. For some reasons the boat seems more.. well fleshy but the structure is still the same. He puts the thought aside and arms himself for battle.

Upon getting out, he pauses for a moment trying to figure out why the heck they are now riding a giant squid creature... But seeing as it doesn't pose a threat he runs into position behind... Oh what did the Goliath name it? ... Hrunting?

Holding his long spear in one hand he reaches out his hand towards the airhawk. 2 blasts of energy fly forward and hit the airhawk.

3......A.......x x x T T x x
4.............x H C F x x x x x
5.......... x x x x L x x x x x

Fluff fluff fluff
Will Save against the kraken illusion: [roll0]

Move action:
Move

Standard Action:
Magic Missile 1: [roll1]
Magic Missile 2: [roll2]

yes I get a +1 on all damaging spells from Warmage edge (add INT mod to damage)

Medic!
2013-07-06, 02:32 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis slurps up his noodle-meal voraciously when he spots the approaching enemy. Cloaked in invisibility he takes to the air, unleashing another of his innate powers against the foe. From out of nowhere a blaze of black-light flames streaks into the Arrowhawk's flank.

Kirkis will use fly-by attack to get within 30ft of the arrow-hawk, standard to EB it, and then the rest of his move to change positions after he fires. Fly speed 60 (Good). Feel free to roll for me if I don't make it back to roll in OOC, going on an ambulance run!

Trollololololol
2013-07-06, 08:19 PM
Medic!:
You launch an Eldritch Blast at the Arrowhawk. The blast hits the Arrowhawk hard for 16 damage.

Hurkle:
You have been moved to G4.

Cerberus:
You launch a pair of Magic Missles at the Arrowhawk and hit it as it soars towards you. It deals 8 damage.

Bryr:
You cast your spells and your allies are now buffed. Congrats. :smalltongue:

Arrowhawk:
The giant beast hover the ship and shoots an Electric ray at the ship, mistaking it for a Kraken, and deals [roll2] to the ship.

Rattington:
Rattington pulls out a Throwing Axe and tosses it at the Arrowhawk [roll3]. If it lands, it deals [roll4] damage. Sadly, the axes fall just short of the Arrowhawk.

Thrack:
You yell out a challenge at the Arrowhawk. Although he is preoccupied with the Kraken, he now has a specific spot on the beast that he wishes to attack.

Shem:
You launch the arrow at the Arrowhawk and make a hit in its side, dealing a [roll5] in damage.

Skhltrh:
You have prepared yourself for your next attack, assuring yourself that it will be a deadly one.

Trollololololol
2013-07-06, 08:22 PM
3..............x A x T T x x
4.............L H C F x x x x x
5.......K.. x x x x x x x x x x
8...........x x x x x x x x x x
9...........x x x x x x x x x x
10.........x x x x x x x x x D

Guide:
Blank Space/Period- Water
x- Ship
_- Doorway to below deck
A- Arrowhawk (hovering 10 ft above the ship)
D-Dire Hawk
F-Fleshraker
S- Skhltrh (riding Rhino)
T-Thrack
B- Bryr
H- Hurkle
K- Kirkis (flying)
C- Cerberus
G- Shem
L-Rattington

Round 2 begins.

Medic!
2013-07-06, 08:29 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis continues his tactics, determinted to drive the Arrowhawk away. He flies within 30ft of the creature, fires another blast, then lets his momentum play out as much as it can to take him closer to his allies.

Wanna just use my OOC rolls for this one? Didn't mean to step on your toes, hadn't seen that you'd diced for me!

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-06, 08:52 PM
Thrack sees the Arrowhawk come closer, close enough to bite with his blade. Taking a five foot step, he takes a mighty swing at the flying enemy.

[roll0]
Potential damage if it hits: [roll1]

If you'd like to roll for me, Trollol, just disregard my rolls.

Edit: What the actual ****, dice roller. What the ****.

Escheton
2013-07-06, 09:10 PM
Skhltrh loads the mounted harpoongun on her side and fires it at the Outsider.
Quickly and nimbly a weasel jumps out of a pocket and starts climbing the trailing rope, biting at the Arrowhawk once he gets at the end.

4.............L H C F x x x x x
6...........x S S x x x G x x x
7...........x S S x B H x x x x
Harpoon shot: [roll0]
Harpoon dmg: [roll1]

If it deals damage, the harpoon lodges in an opponent who fails a Reflex saving throw (DC 10 + the damage dealt.) A harpooned creature moves at only half speed and cannot charge or run. If you control the trailing rope by succeeding an opposed Strength check while holds it, the harpooned creature can move only within the limits that the rope allows (trailing rope is 30 feet long). If the harpooned creature attempts to cast a spell, it must succeed on a DC 15 Concentration check or lose the spell. The harpooned creature can pull the harpoon from its wound if it has two free hands and takes a full-round action to do so, but it deals damage to itself equal to the damage dealt. A character who succeeds on a DC 15 Heal check can remove a harpoon without further damage.
Familiar bite: [roll2]
Dmg: [roll3]

Yas392
2013-07-06, 09:15 PM
((OOC: Deal with it. Maybe I will collaborate with trolly and offer a reroll to the least useful member in the group. Yes, that include NPCs, san me since I can't use it on myself. :smallcool:))

((OOC Edit: Minimum Damage is 1, by the way, you cannot have less than 1 :smallwink:))

PowerGamer
2013-07-06, 10:37 PM
With the arrowhawk now in range, Cerberus takes in a deep breath. He can feel the air chilling his insides even before he lets loose the icy attack. He would have preferred fire... but with their squid/boat's safety in question, he didn't want to burn it down.

2 standard actions: 1 Standard Action

Longspear:
Atk: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Breath Weapon:
Frost (cold dmg)
Dmg:[roll2]
Ref 17 for half

Hurkle
2013-07-06, 11:39 PM
Damn, I can't reach the bird! Hurkle then moves himself to the other side of the bird(C2) and casts Enlarge person on himself in order to reach the bird.
Currently Large size, +6 my normal strength, -2 dex, -1 attack roll, -1 AC, reach of 10 ft now.

2.................H x T T x
4.............L x C F x x x x x
6...........x S S x x x G x x x
7...........x S S x B H x x x x

EDIT: My spoiler bracket was wrong.

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 12:00 AM
Round 2 Results:
Kirkis:
Kirkis rears back and launches another powerful attack the flying beast. The dark blast hits for 14 points of damage.

Hurkle:
You Enlarge yourself and find yourself within reach of the Arrowhawk.

Cerberus:
You breath out Cold at the Arrowhawk. It tries to dodge the attack however with a Reflex- [roll0]. It manages to miss some of the damage and only takes 5 damage instead.

Bryr:
You sit back and enjoy the show...

Arrowhawk:
The Arrowhawk is determined to take down this Kraken! The Arrowhawk launches off another Electric Ray for 5 damage.

Rattington:
Rattington picks up his axe from the ground and gets ready to give it another toss.

Thrack:
Thrack gets ready to land a powerful blow on the huge bird. As his arm swings forward, he is terrified to find his hand is empty! A quick glance to his left shows that the weapon has somehow landed 10 ft to his left!

Shem:
Shem quickly loads another arrow and launches it at the beast [roll1] for [roll2] damage.

Skhltrh:
The little Kobold launches a harpoon at the Arrowhawk and hits for 4 damage. The Arrowhawk shrieks in pain as the harpoon sticks. The weasel attaches itself onto the beast, aggravating the beast.

Medic!
2013-07-07, 12:08 AM
Kirkis

Kirkis defends his Kraken-boat, soaring up over the Arrowhawk and unleashing yet another blast of black energy as he ascends!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 12:16 AM
Deep in the throes of his rage, Thrack bellowed in anger at the loss of his weapon. Oblivious to any danger, he lumbered over to where it had fallen and then picked it up.

Moving out of threatened square, move action to pick up the weapon. Yay :smallsigh:

Hurkle
2013-07-07, 12:32 AM
Pleased to finally be able to attack the bird, Hurkle ignites his ax and takes a swing.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] [roll2]

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 12:34 AM
Pleased to finally be able to attack the bird, Hurkle ignites his ax and takes a swing.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] [roll2]

((OOC: You only add the +8 to the axe damage, not the fire damage. That second damage roll should be 8 less.))

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 12:45 AM
Kirkis:
Kirkis shoots off yet another Eldritch Blast at the Arrowhawk that just refuses to die. He manages to hit the creature and nails it for 8 points of damage.

Hurkle:
Hurkle shoots the Arrowhawk a look of pure rage as he plants his flaming ax into the side of the creature. It hits for a total of 19 points of damage.

The Arrowhawk lets out a loud shriek as it crashes hard on the deck. A thin stream of blood pours out from the Arrowhawk as it lies unmoving on the deck. It has been killed.

"Wow," Rattington says to himself as he puts his throwing ax away.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 12:53 AM
With the defeat of the enemy, Thrack released his anger and allowed his size to return to normal. He shook his head ruefully as he put his greatsword back onto his back.

"Great job ending that battle, Hurkle," he said, gasping slightly for breath. "Now you've got one up on me."

He saw the scorch marks on the ship, and walked over to one of them. "Mending," he intoned, willing the slight hole to be fixed. It didn't fix the scorch marks, but it helped slightly.

"Now, as riveting as that was, let's get back to business. And can someone please make the ship go back to normal?!"

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 12:56 AM
Rattington looks around expectantly at everyone waiting for someone to someone to change the ship back to normal. His face then twists at a realization. He quickly disappears below deck and returns moments later.

"The boat is leaking! It's taking in water... fast!"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 12:59 AM
"Show us the way, Rattington!" Thack yelled.

When we get there, Thrack checks to see if another Mending or two would help stem the leaking.

Yas392
2013-07-07, 01:03 AM
Oh no! Bryr quickly rushes down with the two to join efforts with the Goliath towards patching up the ship when he heard of the punctured holes.

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 01:18 AM
You find that the Electric Rays from the Arrowhawk have burned straight through the ship and the holes are growing. Mending may work for now, but after a while, the damage will be unmanageable.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 01:24 AM
"Mending," Thrack intones once more, sealing up as many holes as he could. He grimaced at the patchwork job that was left, and shook his head.

"Looks like just another problem to add to the pile," he muttered in frustration.

Escheton
2013-07-07, 01:28 AM
"Do we have material for patching the ship? Or alternatively, what part of the ship is less important and removable?"the kobold inquires at large while removing the harpoon from her foe and inspecting the body for use.

Yas392
2013-07-07, 01:32 AM
Mending

Bryr yells out frantically at the hull, strengthening the mending magic.

Ratty, you got any woods for the interior?

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 01:40 AM
"The name is Rattington! Anyways... I don't think the ship has any spare wood lying around. I think you'll have to listen to the Kobold and rip off a piece of the ship..."

Rattington walks up to the deck and sees the Kobold examining the Arrowhawk body.

"Any chance we can eat it?"

Yas392
2013-07-07, 01:43 AM
Why not change it into materials for the ship, assuming there's a spell for it?

Bryr offers his suggestion.

Escheton
2013-07-07, 02:12 AM
"Any chance we can eat it?"

Anything can be made into a soup. But yes, there is some good meat on it.

PowerGamer
2013-07-07, 08:48 AM
Cerberus followed the others down the stairs. What he saw he didn't like. This boat needed to hold together. "What if we took out some of the railing around the deck and used it to patch the holes? Another option is the water barrels.... But that's water that we need." This situation was not good.. not good at all

Hurkle
2013-07-07, 10:02 AM
I'll take that Thrakk! Although, I'm still fairly confident we're riding a kraken right now.Hurkle dismisses his Enlarge Person spell and shrinks back to normal size. He runs to follow the others and when he gets to the leak adds his own mending to the mix.

redmane
2013-07-07, 10:50 AM
Shem followed others inside; the hole in the hull looked... concerning, and Shem had absolutely nothing in his repertoire to help mend that. While he was capable of swimming, he never tried to do that in an ocean, and doubted he'd last long there. His only possible escape was the disk talisman he'd picked up at some shady stall back in the town; the vendor claimed the talisman was capable of producing a "disk of force, moved with the power of will", so it probably could be used in a pinch as a makeshift boat... maybe. He hesitated about voicing his doubts aloud, looking the disk over doubtfully.

Medic!
2013-07-07, 03:13 PM
Kirkis

Seeing everyone congratulate Hurkle for killing the arrowhawk, Kirkis gives a quiet "Hmph" and wordlessly flaps back up to the mast to resume his lookout and eat his noodles. I COULD release the illusion on the ship...but I don't think I will! Ingrates! Don't think I'm going to help fix this moldy old pile of kindling either...HMPH!

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 04:45 PM
Kirkis
While sitting on top of the crow's nest, Kirkis notices an island in the distance. With the ship is its current condition, it wouldn't be a bad idea to dock until things get fixed up. On the other hand, they did make him feel pretty bad...

"Good enough for me!" Rattington declares as he cuts off a piece of the Arrowhawk and runs it downstairs to Thrack. He gets the giant's attention and holds out the chunk of meat.

"Dinner?"

Medic!
2013-07-07, 04:53 PM
Kirkis

OH this could be entertaining...I wonder how the locals on that island would react to a Kraken in their wharf...

"LAND HO YOU SEA SLUGS!"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 05:10 PM
Kirkis
While sitting on top of the crow's nest, Kirkis notices an island in the distance. With the ship is its current condition, it wouldn't be a bad idea to dock until things get fixed up. On the other hand, they did make him feel pretty bad...

"Good enough for me!" Rattington declares as he cuts off a piece of the Arrowhawk and runs it downstairs to Thrack. He gets the giant's attention and holds out the chunk of meat.

"Dinner?"

"Yes, this'll be great," Thrack said. "Fresh meat is always welcome. Though we did just eat, so I suppose I'll put it on the embers and let it heat over a few hours."

With that, he went back to the kitchen and got more pots and pans ready. Eyeing the dirty dishes, he sighed and grudgingly washed them as well.

Escheton
2013-07-07, 05:27 PM
"Let me help you, giant. I will gut, skin and debone the creature. Provided I get to keep the bones."

PowerGamer
2013-07-07, 06:49 PM
With a temporary fix in place, Cerberus makes his way on deck just in time to hear a call for land. "STOW THE FOOD AND PREPARE TO LAND!" he first yelling into the belly of the kraken. Then turning his head up to the crows nest, "WHICH DIRECTION MATE? WE NEED TO LAND THIS TUB AND FIX'ER UP!"

OOC:
Put a bunch of players on a boat and they become a pirate crew through and through :P

Medic!
2013-07-07, 06:52 PM
Krikis

With gleeful abandon, Kirkis begins firing Eldritch Blasts towards the direction of the land. I can only imagine what this will look like from the outside...:smallamused:

It only has a range of 60ft, just trying to point, not bombard the port with Kraken-lasers! lol

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 07:19 PM
Without anyone steering the boat, the boat begins to head directly for the island. In just a matter of moments, the boat will be crashing into the island as it steers faster and faster towards the island.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 07:30 PM
Feeling the boat not slowing down, Thrack yelled out, "Hey, Pilot, Navigator, someone! Throw down the anchor!"

Dropping the bowls with a clatter, he rushed out of the kitchen and onto the deck, looking frantically for the anchor.

Hurkle
2013-07-07, 07:59 PM
Hearing the Land Ho cry, Hurkle rushes up topside. Once he gets there, he realizes the situation of runaway boat. PILOT! NAVIGATOR! WE ARE ABOUT TO CRASH! PILOT! NAVIGATOR!

He thens see Thrakk run by him towards the anchor and joins him in looking for it.

Medic!
2013-07-07, 08:16 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis ceases his volley of black-magic and thinks for a split second. Just as he's preparing to vault himself off the doomed Kraken he glances down at the empty bowl of noodles. Won't work...but can't say I didn't try I guess...

Kirkis draws on his innate abilities once again, calling out to any vegetation around the likely impact point of the ship on land and out to sea immediately before it. Any plants in the area begin reaching for the Kraken, hopefully slowing its approach.

Kirkis uses his 1/day Entangle SLA, hopefully to create more of a cushion or drag on the ship to soften the impending impact. Caster level is 8, targeted area is the crash point or right before it, hopefully catching some seaweed or brush on the shore, something.

Level:
Drd 1, Plant 1, Rgr 1

Components:
V, S, DF

Casting Time:
1 standard action

Range:
Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)

Area:
Plants in a 40-ft.-radius spread

Duration:
1 min./level (D)

Saving Throw:
Reflex partial; see text

Spell Resistance:
No

Grasses, weeds, bushes, and even trees wrap, twist, and entwine about creatures in the area or those that enter the area, holding them fast and causing them to become entangled. The creature can break free and move half its normal speed by using a full-round action to make a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 20 Escape Artist check. A creature that succeeds on a Reflex save is not entangled but can still move at only half speed through the area. Each round on your turn, the plants once again attempt to entangle all creatures that have avoided or escaped entanglement.

Note: The effects of the spell may be altered somewhat, based on the nature of the entangling plants.

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 09:38 PM
As the ship begins to close in on the island, Hurkle and Thrack frantically search to find the anchor (although no Spot check was rolled). Thankfully, some quick thinking by Kirkis softens the impact of the ship as plants all across the shoreline come together to create a cushion for the ship. There is a slight crash however, knocking everyone off balance Roll Balance check. DC 15

After an initial jerk, the ship is still as it rests on the island.

Medic!
2013-07-07, 09:42 PM
Kirkis

The pixie waits until the moment of impact, then uses the ship's momentum to launch himself into the air, "Whooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee" He lands gently on the shore with a few softening wing-flaps and dismisses the foliage that soften the ship Kraken-wreck.

Once he spots another of the party, "I think we should fire the navigational staff."

[roll0]

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-07, 09:50 PM
In his blind panic, Thrack completely overlooked the obvious anchor and could not stop the ship. Luckily, somehow, the ship's crash was softened by means unknown, but he was still jostled greatly.

Balance check: [roll0]

Thrack's legs slipped out from under him, and he took a heavy tumble to the deck. He heard unfortunate creaking from below him as he fell, and he groaned in slight pain.

Yas392
2013-07-07, 09:52 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.. His figure shudders as Bryr watches Kirkis perform his magecraft. The crash resounding beneath prompts him to hang on to the beams, clinging it for life.

[roll0] (18) Forgotten Motivate Dexterity, my bads. :smallredface:

Then, it stops, the excessive force hurling him from the ship. Ahhhh! But before he is off the wooden frames, he is fortunate to grab the fringes and jumps down gracefully.

Hurkle
2013-07-07, 10:33 PM
Hurkle feels the ship come to an abrupt stop as the whole vessel. He attempts to maintain his sea legs.

[roll0]

And fails, but manages to cushion his fall a little. He still tumbles to the deck right next to Thrack.

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 10:58 PM
As the party recoups and makes their way to the shore, a rustling in the bushes grabs their attention. In moments, a small group of Goblins appear. They are all dressed in formal attire and offer big smiles.

"Welcome to Goblin Island!" a Goblin beams in Goblin. He steps forward and flashes another big smile. He is wearing a nice formal blue coat with a ruffled white top. He also is wearing a curly white wig. "My name... is Dexter."

After realizing that some can not understand Goblin, Dexter quickly changes to Common. "Welcome to Goblin Island!"

Hurkle
2013-07-07, 11:53 PM
At the point where nothing will suprise him, Hurkle steps forward.
Greetings Dexter and company! Our ship has been rather badly damaged and we were hoping to stop here on this island until we can repair it. Is there any assistance you can offer us?

Diplomacy [roll0]
Sense Motive (on Dexter's response) [roll1]

Escheton
2013-07-08, 02:44 AM
"Excuse me your eminence...", the kobold priestess formally says(in goblin) with a slight bow to the goblin dressed in non-practicality that rivals her own, as she darts off to a safe distance from the Kraken and calls her Dire Hawk to feed the beast before it starts snacking on goblins.

I have a +6 on balance due to our auramancer, and I take 10.
Diplomacy, [roll0]

Trollololololol
2013-07-08, 04:04 AM
"Eminence? Oh I like this one!" Dexter exclaims with glee. Dexter looks to the other Goblins who are staring blankly into space.

"These Goblins don't understand a word of Common," Dexter whispers to the party with a light-hearted chuckle. "Now you were wanting to repair your ship? But of course! In fact, I have a couple of Goblins who would gladly repair it for you. Free of charge! Of course it may take a day or two, but I promise it's worth it! Besides, the Goblin King would like to speak to you. What do you say?"

PowerGamer
2013-07-08, 09:07 AM
Cerberus braces for impact and is somehow able to stay on his feet. "PILOT! What are you thinking!? You could have killed all of us! Hmph! After regaining his balance he looks to see a group of goblins gathering on the beach before them.

Getting down just in time to hear the start of the conversation, Cerberus squeezes his way to the front of the party. "I am the caption of this ship and crew. Thank you for extending your hospitality to strangers such as us in need.", turning to the crew "We need a volunteer to stay with the ship to keep an eye on it. Anyone want to volunteer? Rattington?"

He comes off a little gruff sounding to the goblins but that is to expected after having your ship just crash into an island, it can shake up a gnome.

Balance: [roll0]

Diplomacy in OOC thread (forgot to post first time)

Trollololololol
2013-07-08, 12:49 PM
Rattington grunts. Sure, I'll stay and keep an eye on the ship.

redmane
2013-07-08, 01:04 PM
Shem didn't look too pleased, either:

Hey cap, don't blame me, I had no idea this baby could go so fast! I left the helm for, like, five minutes, tops, to help with the breach! Wasn't expecting to reach land in a few more hours! Were we, like, teleported on shore? Some dread magicks are at work, shiver me timbers! Anyway, let's go talk to the king, it's always a a good idea to pay homage to a ruler!

Trollololololol
2013-07-08, 01:59 PM
Dexter looks at Cerberus, slightly confused. "Do not use such harsh words with a crewmember. This island has a way of... attracting guests." Dexter says with a chuckle.

"As for meeting the king, that will unfortunately have to wait until tomorrow. He's preoccupied with some other matters for the day. Besides, it gives us time to work on your ship. So just follow me to the town, and you can take the day to relax!"

Dexter leads the party through the bushes to a town overrun by Goblins. The streets are crowded with Goblins running from place to place, many stuck standing shoulder to shoulder. From their vantage point, the party can see an inn, a tavern, and plenty of shops. Dexter motions for the party to enjoy the town and wanders off.

"Just be sure to be at the inn in the morning. I'll be seeing you then!"

redmane
2013-07-08, 05:50 PM
Why are they standing like that? - asked Shem.

Yas392
2013-07-08, 06:52 PM
Isn't Dexter a bit odd to be too friendly? The picture rolls out of the cognizant part of his mind, washing all unwanted crudity to reveal his true nature. Being the smiley face in the group has it's moments that people dismiss you as one of the normal bunch and leave you to your own devices as long as there are hindered by webbed words.

Knowledge (Local - Goblins) - [roll0] (14)
Knowledge (Local - Goblin King) - [roll1] (20)
Knowledge (Nobility - Goblin King) - [roll2] (10)
Sense Motive (Dexter and goblins and also their stats - DC 15 to know whether they are stronger or weaker, DC 25 to know their stats) - [roll3]

((OOC: Damn you, dice roller. I can't even gleam their stats. :smallfurious:))
((Edit: Corrected Knowledge checks, I have forgotten that they are +5))

Trollololololol
2013-07-08, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately, you can't remember much of the folklore regarding Goblin Island. It's there... but it's a little fuzzy.

The Goblins realize you are there, but pay you no special attention. They simply continue running about their business at a rather rushed pace.

PowerGamer
2013-07-08, 09:10 PM
Surrounded by a crowd of folks his size, Cerberus feels a "little" bit of safety. But they are still goblins, caution is needed

Turning to the crew, "Let's try to get repairs started on the ship. The faster we are off this island the better. I'm still a bit uneasy about all of these goblins and that Dexter character. While we are here, let's try to increase our food supplies and gather some extra materials incase we take more damage along the way. Does anyone have anything else to add?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-08, 09:15 PM
"Me'n Hrunting can hunt for some food to stock up. Anyone wanna join us?"

Thrack asked the crew. He didn't feel like staying in a place where he had to crouch over to see the majority of its inhabitants.

Escheton
2013-07-08, 10:50 PM
"Dexter, tell us about your King. And this island. Brag a little", the greenscaled dragonwrought coaxes.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Medic!
2013-07-09, 10:48 PM
Kirkis

Not trusting the goblins at all regardless of their intentions, Kirkis remains silent and invisible, hoping to avoid notice. He decides to stay with the main party just in case he can learn or find anything about the island or the Treasure by accident.

Some rolls in case their needed:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Yas392
2013-07-09, 11:06 PM
With nothing to do for the day other than waiting for the repairs, Bryr explores the island a bit, studying their interaction, readying himself to soften up anyone whenever he come across any bad company or person which would not come true but will as the goblins are crafty creatures if he recalled correctly.

Listen (Take 20) - 20+3=23
Spot (Take 20) - 20+3=23
Search (Take 20) - 20+3=23
Sense Motive (Take 20 - Observation of different goblins) - 20+3=23
Readying Charm Person for flunkies.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-09, 11:24 PM
Hearing no answer, Thrack shrugged and took off into the woods. He gave himself an hour to set up the traps and forage for food. He took the time to observe the forest and bask in its calmness.

Take 10 for Survival, so 19; that nets me enough food for 5 people including myself, I think.

Also take 10 for Knowledge (Nature) for the hell of it, so 18 to determine te kinds of trees and whatnot. You can skimp on this info if you'd like, Trollol :smallbiggrin:

Trollololololol
2013-07-10, 12:43 AM
For the most part, the Goblins are completely ignorant to any special treasure. They also seem to have no interest in the party. They simply continue going about their daily business. Any eavesdropping results in information about Goblins that... you would rather not have known. Unless, of course, hearing about the Goblin birthing process interests you.

Thrack:
While out hunting alone with the Fleshraker, you find yourself alone surrounded by all sorts of Evergreens and Pine trees. Some look exotic (some of the trees are even a deep purple!), but the entire landscape is beautiful and breathtaking. Suddenly, a voice calls out to you.

"Hey! Are you a member of that ship that shot down that Arrowhawk?"

While Thrack is out hunting, Dexter approaches the party with a cheeky grin.
"Please, follow me. I'll show you how us Goblins have a good time!"

For those that follow, Dexter leads you to the small tavern. Dexter walks up to the bar and orders a round of "Imp ale". He returns to the party with a platter full of drinks. He offers everyone a free try.

Yas392
2013-07-10, 12:47 AM
So Bryr continues to explore, going out of town to the wilderness, still keeping his guard up.

Listen (Take 20) - 20+3=23
Spot (Take 20) - 20+3=23
Search (Take 20) - 20+3=23
Sense Motive (Take 20 - Observation of threats) - 20+3=23
Readying Charm Person for flunkies/humanoids.

PowerGamer
2013-07-10, 08:25 AM
Not having experience living in the wild much before, Cerberus is a little lost at what to do. He can't really set traps or forage for berries and fruits without picking the wrong ones by accident. He can't understand a word of these darned goblins either.

When Dexter comes back and invites everyone to the tavern, Cerberus ducks out behind the party and makes his way back to the ship. He doesn't trust this place at all. Something just isn't right.

Spot check as I approach the ship for any activity going on [roll0]

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-10, 09:25 AM
Thrack walked through the woods at a leisurely pace; pouches full of berries, a deer slung over his shoulder, and a brace of rabbits strung to his belt. He admired the surroundings as he strolled; who'd ever heard of purple trees? Suddenly, he heard a voice call out to him.

"Who's there?" he cried, hand going to the hilt of his sword. He realized that the voice had asked him a question, and said, "What if I am?"

Spot check: [roll0]

Hurkle
2013-07-10, 10:35 AM
Hurkle heartily accepts Dexter's invitation to have some fun.
Thanks Dexter! Let's get a little rowdy now. Hurkle proceeds to chug the first imp ale, a second imp ale, and then slowly drinks the third one.
So what's the deal with this island Dexter? Why is there just a random island in the middle of ocean filled with goblins?

Diplomacy [roll0]

Escheton
2013-07-10, 10:44 AM
"Thank you Dexter, but I do not imbibe alcohol.
You would do me a great pleasure however by showing me to the library or perhaps a shop that sells "flotsam" of high quality"the kobold remarks in goblin as she takes in the sights and sounds.

Trollololololol
2013-07-11, 06:35 AM
Thrack:
With the Spot check, you notice a tree to your right moving as the voice continues. However, nothing seems to be around the tree. You can only deduce that it is a Treant.

"If you are indeed part of the party that killed the Arrowhawk, then you are of interest to me."

Bryr:
You wander through the dense forest of Goblin Island, and it doesn't take long before you get lost. Every tree begins to look familiar, and you can swear that you keep hearing voices.

Cerberus:
You make your way to the ship and as Dexter had said, a crew of Goblins is working furiously on the ship. They seem to have made some good progress, but still have a little ways to go. The Goblins show no signs of stopping though as they seem likely to work through the night. Loud banging fill the air as you get closer to the ship.

Dexter points the Kobold over to a shop not more than a few meters away. He warns the Kobold to hurry though as the shops will be closing soon. He then leads Hurkle to the tavern.

"Well Hurkle, I can promise that you won't regret this! This drink is truly amazing!" Dexter says as he orders a round. The bartender eyes Hurkle for a moment, before preparing the drinks. Dexter quickly downs his Imp ale and urges for Hurkle to do the same.

Hurkle:
(Please roll a Fortitude check for the Imp ale... it is a strong alcoholic beverage)
Dexter smiles at Hurkle's questions. "Oh I'm sure it must be strange to witness a civilization of Goblins that isn't so... primitive. You see, we Goblins of Goblin Island have migrated here from the mainland. We hoped to break free of the typical Goblin mold and just create our own civilization. Of course, this is our little secret. We don't want people to come in and ruin the life that we are trying to start. After all, we've only been here a few years. That being said, many of the Goblins are still rather simple-minded. Sadly, it is a stereotype that rings true. Any other questions you may have my friend?"

Darkness begins to fall over Goblin Island as the incredibly long and tiring day is drawing to a close. You realize that you need to quickly make your sleeping arrangements, so you finish up with your tasks and find a place to sleep.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-11, 04:31 PM
Thrack cursed as he saw the sun begin to set below the horizon. He'd never make it back to the village after hearing what the treant had to say. Sighing, he began to clear away the debris and loose leaves away from a spot on the ground.

As he gathered tinder and fuel for a fire, he said to the treant, "I ain't going anywhere for awhile, now; hope you don't mind if I build a fire here. While I get settled in for the night, why don't you tell me why we interest you."

Take 10 (19) for Survival to skin the deer and preserve the meat. I'll give the skin to the goblins, and the bones can be eaten in some way, I think. I dunno if you want to PM me what the treant says so it's kept a secret for a bit.

Hurkle
2013-07-11, 08:44 PM
Hurkle finishes off his third imp ale, and begins drinking a fourth.
Well Dexter, that's quite the admirable goal you all have for yourselves. So how long have you all been working for this peaceful civilization? Was there any significant hardships you had to overcome to get here?

Fortitude [roll0]

Yas392
2013-07-11, 08:56 PM
Brr, getting breezy here? Wait, it's dusk already? Bryr tucks his hands into the arms, walking aimlessly for what seems to be a repeated leafy maze. Great, I am so lost. Let's hope I did remember how to scout in this kind of terrain and hour.

Survival - [roll0]

The human sighs. Not only he cannot trace back his steps, that knowledge is buried too deep in his mind. As he hear noises and whispering, he calls out. Hello? Is anyone there?

Trollololololol
2013-07-11, 08:59 PM
Hurkle:
After downing your third Imp ale, you feel yourself getting light-headed. You've felt this before and you immediately recognize that you are drunk. Completely wasted. From this point in the conversation, you do not remember anything else. After laughing and doing embarrassing (and unspeakable) drunk actions with Dexter, Dexter finally leads you to your room at the inn and wishes you a good night. (of course you don't remember that either...)

Bryr:
Every tree looks the same. Nothing seems familiar anymore. You are lost and fear that you are only venturing further and further away from the town.

Trollololololol
2013-07-11, 09:52 PM
Thrack is led back to the city by a mysterious friend. The friend disappears before anyone can notice.

PowerGamer
2013-07-11, 10:35 PM
Deciding that things are going ok for now, Cerberus walks back into town to stay the night at the inn. Upon entering the structure, he face palms when he see's Dexter leading a very drunk Hurkle to his room. He follows suit.

He makes sure to lock the door and closes the curtains on his window. The bed is the nice a big (for one his size). He neatly lie his things on the floor and quickly falls asleep

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-11, 11:08 PM
Placing Ash's gift around his neck, Thrack hurried to the inn. Unfortunately, it seemed all of his comrades had already begun to rest. He, too, was starting to feel the wear of the day bearing down on him. Thinking for a minute, he scrounged around for pieces of paper and scribbled onto them, "Meet at the ship right after you wake up. It's important." He then slipped them under each of his comrades' doors.

Finding his own room, he took off his breastplate and settled down to rest. For all he knew, he'd need it for tomorrow.

Trollololololol
2013-07-12, 09:49 AM
Shem and Kirkis:
Exhausted from a long day, you both decide to cash in early at the inn.

As the sun shines over the horizon, a loud ringing noise wakes everyone up.

Bryr:
You may choose to follow this ringing noise all the way back to the city. You are slightly chilled from the night outside, however, you managed to sleep through the night.

PowerGamer
2013-07-12, 11:22 AM
Cerberus wakes to a loud ringing... Never wake up a dragon before he is done sleeping... Grumpily he crawls out of bed and puts on his clothes armor and harnesses. He then stomps down the stairs in his little boots.

Hurkle
2013-07-12, 11:50 AM
The loud ringing outside rudely awakens Hurkle, but thats not the only ringing, as Hurkle's head feels like a massive hammer is constantly banging on it.
My god, what did I do last night? I just remember drinking rather heavily with Dexter, and then just out! Hmm, there appears to be a note from Thrack underneath my door saying to meet at the ship.

Hurkle quickly dons his gear and heads to the ship to meet with the party.

redmane
2013-07-12, 11:51 AM
Shem, as always, got up early. Not that he had anything special to do (whatever little the goblin town had to offer in terms of pastime, was most likely exhausted the day before), he just couldn't sleep when the dawn was already peeking in the window - never could. Not to mention the ringing... which was definitely something worth checking out, so he did exactly that.

Trollololololol
2013-07-12, 12:42 PM
Cerberus:
You watch as Hurkle rushes out of the inn. A few minutes later, Shem heads out as well.

Hurkle:
You get to the ship, and find that the Goblins have finished their repairs. Rattington is sitting on the deck, watching the sunlight. He notices you approaching the ship and quickly jumps to his feet.

"It's about time I get some company! Where are the others?"

Redmane:
You follow the ringing, and find that it leads you to a bell at the town square. All the Goblins have gathered as Dexter rings the bell continuously. He notices you and smiles.

"Ah, one of our special guests. Hopefully the others arrive shortly! It is time to meet with the king!"

PowerGamer
2013-07-12, 03:40 PM
Cerberus walks back up to his room, splashes some cold water on his face. Now awake he goes to leave his room, this time noticing the note saying to meet at the ship. "Well that explains the rush" he grumbles to himself as he makes his way to the ship.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-12, 04:13 PM
Thrack woke up to the ringing, and got to his feet in a hurry. "Gotta move fast," he said to himself as he buckled his armor and got his packs together. Running full tilt out of the inn (and managing to smack his head on the doorframe), he loped over to the ship and saw Rattington, Hurkle, and Cerberus loitering around. Well, three is better than none.

"I'm glad you all made it," he said to them when he got there. "There's something I gotta tell you guys."

More to come in PMs, so anyone who's not here won't hear. Sorry, I'm leaving right now, though; be back in two hours or less. Sorrysorry :smallfrown:

Edit: Psych, had more time than I'd thought. Won't be able to reply, tho.

Trollololololol
2013-07-12, 05:43 PM
Rattington nods at what Thracks says.

"Well we better go warn the others!" he exclaims.

About that time, the Kobold appears on the ship, and Rattington quickly shares the message with her. The Kobold nods in agreement as the party descends from the ship towards the ringing sound.

Yas392
2013-07-12, 05:57 PM
Awakened as his face got seared by the bright illumination of dawn, he gathers himself up to follow the reverberation back to town, he can't help twisting and turning his head for winding paths and the mysterious voices.

Listen (Other than the sound) - [roll0]
Spot (Anything eye-catching) - [roll1]
Survival (Alternative Tracks) - [roll2]
Sense Motive (Forest) - [roll3]

Trollololololol
2013-07-12, 07:54 PM
Dexter smiles as the rest of the party, minus Kirkis, make their way to the town square. All the Goblins turn their head and watch as the party comes and joins Shem.

"Looks like we finally have everyone. But before you meet with the king, I had a question for you all. Are the rumors true? Did you indeed kill the Arrowhawk?"

Medic!
2013-07-12, 11:16 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis awakes to the ringing noise and mutters a few choice obscenities as he rolls back over and stuffs his head as far into the bedding as pixie-ly possible. Several minutes later he grows frustrated with the continued ringing Fine fine FINE I'M UP BLAST YOU! He rolls up to a sitting position and massages his flank, Tough day of skulking followed by a tougher bed, these goblins are atrocious creatures to inflict such suffering on poor Kirkis...

The invisible pixie hops out the window into the daylight and begins wearily flapping towards the ringing sound, gaining altitude gradually as he goes for a bird's-eye view (and some distance from the annoying toll of the bell!)

OOC
Sorry for the late post, been a busy couple days at work! Kirkis will head towards the sound at about 30ft up to avoid the less pleasant things in life like goblins, horse-poo, and footprints.

PowerGamer
2013-07-13, 09:11 AM
As Cerberus and the others reach the town square, Dexter pops a question of who killed the arrowhawk. "Don't get me wrong, we had a bit of a journey with perils along the way. We may or may not have run into an arrowhawk on the way. What would it mean to you if we did kill this creature?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Sense Motive (Dexter): [roll1] *nat 20.. wish I could have saved that
Sense Motive (Goblins): [roll2] (23)*whoops forgot to edit rolls. It should be +5 so -4

*those were some darn good rolls :) unlike last time

Trollololololol
2013-07-13, 09:23 AM
Murmurs spread throughout the group of Goblins in their native Goblinoid tongue. For those who understand, they are completely confused as to what Dexter is talking about, and are completely terrified that someone has slain their god.

Dexter eyes Cerberus suspiciously for a moment before opening his mouth. "This would mean alot to us Goblins if someone told us the truth to us. This Arrowhawk is our god. Our... master."

Cerberus:
Your Sense Motive on Dexter seems to be telling you that his sincerity is... lacking.

PowerGamer
2013-07-13, 10:03 AM
The crowd seems a bit uneasy , but Dexter is not who he seems to be. Feeling confident in his tongue, Cerberus tries to prod for more information. "I understand as would anyone about caring for one's deity as your people do. But may I just ask one more question. Say one were to have killed your god and then landed upon your island. What sort of actions would your people take against those who slew your master?

GAAHH!!! DON'T WANT TO DIE!! DICE GODS HELP ME!!!
Diplomacy: [roll0] *Another good roll!!

I had something typed but lost internet before could post.. this is what I could remake...

Trollololololol
2013-07-13, 04:10 PM
Dexter looks at the other Goblins only to get met by blank stares.

"I-I guess I don't know. We never thought this could happen..."

PowerGamer
2013-07-13, 05:00 PM
Not getting the answer he is looking for, Cerberus tries again. This time, straight to the point, "Well do you feel liberated from your master or enraged that your deity was slain?"

not gonna like this roll...
Diplomacy: [roll0] *ok keep this streak going. We are almost through

Yas392
2013-07-13, 06:26 PM
Before he reached the outskirt, Bryr meditated to replenish his daily stock of spells and underwent a daily procedure in an isolated area prior to meeting up with others. One manifestation gone to disaster. He had drawn a seal, he was not much of an artist but his tracing was not too shabby for a non-artistic person.

O Lord of Birds, beloved of the fallen,
I beckon thee, descend from thy plane,
Your love awaits thee at the end earth.

Flattery always works, he falls to it easily.

Malphas (as he materialized): My love have you come back to me? So long, my heart yearns to reunite.

An "Ahem" spoiled his musing. His sound sounded like grinder processing spice or meat that the satyr human had to suffer every word he said.

Malphas: Ah, hello dear boy, a contract, I presume?

He nodded.

Malphas (chuckles): Not the one for words. Very well, binder. I shall grant your request.

Silence was the next best thing as he completed the binding though he felt was unlikely himself. He was full of happiness. When he glimpsed himself in the puddle, he saw pitch black horrendous teeth. He still heard the voice singing in "LOVE IS PEACE" his mind and knew today was a bad day for him. Wrapping a handkerchief to act as a mouthpiece, he made it back to the party. He grasps his badge of valor, meditating for his insight into the future (Omen of Peril). When Dexter mouths his fear of them slaying their god, he is enamoured and goes to glomps him.

Oh your mightiness, what a nice thing to say. Is your king like that too? Is there anything else we can do to rid your island of taint? Hmm, Hmm?

His mind screams in horror. What did you do?

Malphas (dreamily, innocently): I simply grant your request to be more open, poor boy, you have so many unfiltered thoughts yet to be had. Is this not how humans show their affection?

Trollololololol
2013-07-13, 07:33 PM
"Look around and you can tell me," Dexter replies.

After looking around at the Goblins, you see a look of fear and worry clearly etched on their faces. They keep murmuring amongst themselves at the unlikely possibility that their god has been killed.

Dexter sadly shakes his small head and mutters, "Just be honest with them. They deserve that much."

Dexter is attacked by a hug from Bryr. The Goblin eyes Bryr in confusion and looks on to Cerberus.

PowerGamer
2013-07-13, 08:26 PM
Cerberus looks around... Darn it... I've become too soft lately He turns around, reaches into a pouch on his belt, and then touches each of his present comrades in turn. He whispers, "This will help protect you should this go bad". His touch leaves a small smudge of ash where he touches them. After doing so, he hangs his head and returns to the front of the group. He takes a deep breath and addresses the crowd standing before them.

"Dear Goblins of Goblin Island. Our crew set sail on a journey ordered by the king of another land. We thought it clever to illusion our ship to look like a kraken as to avoid any trouble that may come our way. As it so happens, that did not work. We were attacked by an arrowhawk, which we only found out recently was your god. At the time, the only thing we could do was try to protect our ship from its attacks. In the end, it died. Shortly after we crashed onto your beach and you yourselves humbly fixed the damage that it caused. We did not mean to case you any trouble or suffering. We were just lost explorers trying to reach our goal. We are very sorry for what we have done. Please forgive us."

Using Enduring Exposure on everyone present (immunity to my breath weapon should I need to use it)

Hopefully the last diplomacy check we shall need...
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaplseplease
Diplomacy: [roll0] *YES!!!!

Trollololololol
2013-07-13, 08:42 PM
The Goblins all listen intently to Cerberus's formal apology and for a moment, he is only met with blank stares. An old Goblin standing in the crowd quickly rushes next to Cerberus and whispers in his ear.

"They don't speak Common."

The old Goblin translates Cerberus's apology in Goblin to the crowd and immediately the Goblins reply with affirmative nods and hopeful smiles.

The old Goblin looks back at Cerberus with a smile. "They've appreciated your honesty and sincerity. Thank you for being honest with us."

The crowd of Goblins quickly dissipates as they all disappear into buildings, leaving the party alone with the old Goblin and Dexter. The old Goblin gives one last smile to Cerberus before running off as well.

"No!" Dexter roars. "You fools have ruined my plans! That Arrowhawk was my key manipulation piece! How am I ever going to control this island now?"

His eyes grow dark and cold as a sinister smile crosses his lips. "I guess it's time you have a word with the king," Dexter growls as a light emanates from his body. In an instant, the Goblin is replaced by a towering man. He lets out a guttural growl as he eyes the party.

"You have ruined my plans, and now you must pay. Prepare... to die!"

Yas392
2013-07-13, 09:03 PM
Bryr stops mid-rush. He sniffs. How could you say something so mean? After you praise us just now, I thought you are a good person. Just go back to your stinking lab, boy genius! He lashes with a venomous pitch at his rejection under the influence of Malphas then he disappears from reality.

Invisible for 4 rounds.

Medic!
2013-07-13, 10:07 PM
Kirkis

Seeing Dexter transform and the other goblins gone, with battle imminent, Kirkis springs into action. He glides to within 30ft of Dexter and fires an Eldritch Blast at him, then swoops down to the ground 15 feet behind the towering man-Dexter.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Trollololololol
2013-07-14, 07:38 AM
Battleground:

4...................K....D...................
6.........................B...................
7.......................C................
8..................L.TT.S.R..H..............
9.................... TT.....................

Guide:
D- Dexter
K- Kirkis (currently 60 ft in the air)
B- Bryr
C- Cerberus
L- Rattington
T- Thrack
S- Skhltrh
R- Shem
H- Hurkle

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-14, 08:56 AM
Initiative: 12

4...................K....DF..................
5......................TT.....................
6.......................TTB...................
7.......................C................
8..................L.TT.S.R..H..............
9.................... TT.....................

With a shout of pure rage, Thrack lost himself in the throes of his rage once more. Stomping to stand next to the newly discovered impostor, he took a mighty swing.

[roll0]
Potential damage: (3d6+11)[1][3][2](17)

In tandem with the barbarian, Hrunting circled to stand next to him and struck as well.

[(1d20+8)[15](23)
Potential damage: (1d6+4)[6](10)
If it hits, Dexter makes a DC 14 Fort save or take [roll1] Dex damage.

PowerGamer
2013-07-14, 09:02 AM
With Dexter's true self and intentions finally revealed, everything makes a bit more sense. Cerberus takes a breath in and blows out a cone of what looks like a fog with some shine to it.

Breath Weapon: 15ft Cone

Slow Effect:
1 move action or standard action, not both & no full round actions
-1 AC, Attack rolls, & Reflex
Move at half speed

Fort 17
Succeed: affected 1 round
Fail: affected 2 rounds

redmane
2013-07-15, 08:11 AM
- Let's have some fun... - muttered Shem, and shouted, pointing to Dexter:

- Dexter, what's going on? The ground... it's shaking! Watch your step!

Initiative: [roll0] Vertigo [PHB2] on Dexter, 5 6 rounds, Will DC 18 disbelief. If fails, need to make DC10 balance checks every round to be able to move. Also, suffers -2 on attack rolls and saves the whole duration.

EDIT: 6 rounds, not 5... forgot to add +1 CL from Spell Focus

Trollololololol
2013-07-15, 05:16 PM
Shem:
Dexter looks at you, slightly confused, when he feels the ground tremble beneath his feet...

Will Save-

Bryr:
You are invisible.

Cerberus:
As the slight fog comes out of your mouth, Dexter calmly watches the fog come to him.

Fort Save- [roll1]

Kirkis:
You shoot an Eldritch Blast at Dexter and watch it nail him directly in the back. He jerks at the hit and takes 14 damage. You then continue to fly down to the ground.

Dexter:
Dexter smiles menacingly at the party.

A bolt of lightning strikes the back row of the party, hitting Rattington, Thrack, Skhltrh, Shem, and Hurkle.

(Reflex- 20- take half damage)
Damage- [roll2]

Dexter laughs as he motion his second hand, as a shard of ice shoots out at Cerberus.

Fort- 17 (reduces the cold damage by half and negates the Dexterity damage)
To hit- [roll3]
Damage- [roll4]
Cold Damage- [roll5]
+2 points of Dexterity damage.

Skhltrh:
The little Kobold unleashes a Ray of Enfeeblement onto Dexter. Dexter watches the beam come at him.

To hit- [roll7]
Damage- [roll] 1d6+1

After the quick shot, the Kobold takes a 5-foot step back.

Hurkle:
Hurkle watches in horror as Dexter hits with a powerful blast. He then launches a Touch of Idiocy at the hulking man.

To hit: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Rattington:
Rattington runs directly to Dexter and swings viciously at the man with his Greataxe.

Attack:[roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Trollololololol
2013-07-15, 05:22 PM
Oops... forgot Thrack (I'm sorry). Thrack is before Rattington.

Thrack:
Thrack charges at Dexter with Hrunting and slices a powerful shot at Dexter dealing 17 points of damage.

Hrunting follows closely and deals another 10 points of damage. Dexter manages to miss the Dexterity damage though.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-15, 06:46 PM
Growling in pain as the lightning gouged through him and left a steaming crater in its wake, Thrack shifted his weight as his trusty partner Hrunting got into position directly across from him. Timing his swing through his rage, he and Hrunting attacked with the benefit of long years fighting together.

Mechanics: Hrunting moved up one square so that he's flanking Dexter with me.

My attack: [roll0]
Potential Damage: [roll1]

Hrunting: [roll2]
Potential damage: [roll3]
Potential dex damage: [roll4]

PowerGamer
2013-07-15, 07:33 PM
Used to good guy, in this case goblin, go bad. Cerberus gets serious. A lighting bolt shoots past him hitting his allies and he turns only to be hit by a shard of ice. He shrugs off the small chill it gives him. In return he points a finger at Dexter, whispers something in draconic, and a flaming ray shoots out.

Fort save for that ice shard
Fort: [roll0]

Scorching Ray
Touch Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Fire

... I doubt that hit BUT I ROLLED SUCH GOOD DAMAGE!!

Yas392
2013-07-15, 07:56 PM
Bryr's looks to as Cerberus unleashes his deadly magic. It looks pretty potent. To help him ace it, the scoutist dressed man, imbues the goblin with some luck from the lady.

Readies action to give a reroll to Cerberus just as he releases his scorching ray.

Medic!
2013-07-15, 08:58 PM
Kirkis

Suddenly feeling woefully over-matched, Kirkis attempts to bring his most devestating power to bear! :smalleek:

The pixie lashes out with a blade of black energy for Dexter's vital area, then just to be on the cautious side, sidesteps after his attack.

Full round action to Eldritch Glaive (Feel the power!) then a 5 foot step to the side, as long as it leaves him still threatening Dexter.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

In case Dexter provokes an AoO from Kirkis on his turn:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

redmane
2013-07-16, 09:13 AM
Shem's body reacted before his mind was even able to grasp the situation. He jerked to the side, then launched himself forward, towards Dexter - all the while becoming translucent and insubstantial

Whoa, whoa... this gets too hot for me... regroup!

Child of Shadows stance active, giving 20% miss chance.

Use Action Before Thought (immediate action) against the Lightning Bolt, for Concentration check [roll0] in place of a reflex save.

Then move to a flanking position (roughly NE relative to Dexter), while utilizing Hide [roll1] (Shem has HiPS so he can do this with no concealment and while being observed, as part of the move action).

Use standard action to cast Touch of Idiocy on Dexter (melee touch attack [roll2] vs FF Touch AC, stat damage INT [roll3] WIS [roll4] CHA [roll5] no saving throw.

Try to stay hidden after the spell (Hide with -20 penalty): [roll6].

Concentration check to cast defensively in case Dexter notices me casting: [roll7]

EDIT: screw this dice roller!!! I lost the spell! wait no... it's only if he notices me, otherwise I don't even have to cast defensively?

EDIT: and I have 9 hp left. I'm as good as dead if he finds me... :smallfurious:

Escheton
2013-07-16, 03:13 PM
"Attack him as he murmurs incantations and motions to cast a spell!, the priestess commands before she turns into a wolf and closes the distance to "Dexter".

cast aspect of the wolf and move

and the dmg roll from last rounds ray of enfeeble seems to have gone awry and not corrected due to the attackroll of 9.
But as it was an attackroll of 14 I shall roll the dmg: [roll0]

Trollololololol
2013-07-16, 07:30 PM
Shem:
You sneak up to Dexter and manage to land a Touch of Idiocy on him. In a quick move, you disappear from view.

Bryr:
You have helped Cerberus with his roll.

Cerberus:
Thanks to some help from Bryr, you ensure that the Scorching Ray hits, and you land a powerful blast on Dexter. He takes 21 points of damage, and now has a large burn mark on his side.

Kirkis:
Your Eldritch Glaive lands and deals 16 points of damage on Dexter. He continues to take a beating at the hands of the party, but is still going strong.

Dexter:
Dexter sees that he is completely surrounded by the party, but insists on destroying the party. He takes a powerful swing at the giant standing to his right, hoping to land a finishing blow.

Attack- [roll0]
Potential Crit- [roll1]
Damage- [roll2]

(If you are standing adjacent to him at this point, you may do an Attack of Opportunity)

Skhltrh:
The little Kobold disappears in a cloud and is replaced by a wolf. The wolf charges towards Dexter, eyes filled with fury and rage.

Hurkle:
Hurkle is distracted by a funny-looking cloud.

Thrack:
After watching Dexter try to attack Thrack, the giant and his pal Hrunting both viciously attack the evil man. They both manage to land terrifying blows and deal a combined 31 damage with a point of Dexterity damage.

Rattington:
Rattington gets to land an attack of opportunity at Dexter.
Attack- [roll3]
Damage- [roll4]

Rattington then goes for another vicious blow at Dexter, hoping to do more damage than the last turn.
Attack- [roll5]
Damage-[roll6]

Prepare for Round 3.

PowerGamer
2013-07-16, 07:42 PM
Cerberus, glad that he was able to land a good shot on Dexter grins. But getting ahead of himself he notices Dexter's movements start to speed up again. "Keep at it lads!! We can do this!" He encourages his allies before he breathes another slowing breath at their foe.

Same as last time.

Breath Weapon: 15ft Cone

Slow Effect:
1 move action or standard action, not both & no full round actions
-1 AC, Attack rolls, & Reflex
Move at half speed

Fort 17
Succeed: affected 1 round
Fail: affected 2 rounds

Medic!
2013-07-16, 07:42 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis continues his not-so-fancy battle dance, striking at Dexter and side-stepping again.

Do you want AoOs done after you post round-actions or is the way I did it last post ok? AoOs = ugh in PbP lol

Another full-round to Glaive then 5-ft step, into flanking position if possible (Flanking bonus not included in these rolls, mostly just to help a brotha out).
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

In case of Dexter provoking another AoO this round:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Escheton
2013-07-16, 07:53 PM
When Dexter lifts upward to strike the Goliath the nimble wolf bites at its exposed legs and tries to drag the "goblin" to the ground.
To prevent another powerful spell she readies to bite him when he focuses on the arcane.

AoO:
bite attack [roll0]
dmg:[roll1]
free trip attack(if attack hits, no touch needed or AoO granted): 1d20+1

Readied action:
bite attack [roll2]
dmg:[roll3]
free trip attack(if attack hits, no touch needed or AoO granted): 1d20+1

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-16, 08:15 PM
Even as the not-goblin reached out to attack Thrack, the giant of a man and his trusty companion both took the opportunity to attack him in turn.

Thrack attack: [roll0]
Potential damage: [roll1]

Hrunting attack: [roll2]
Potential damage: [roll3]
DC 14 Dex damage: [roll4]

After the opportunity had passed and Dexter's swing missed, both Thrack and Hrunting redoubled their efforts to take down the bastard of a man. Hrunting, in particular, brought all of his limbs to bear on the man.

Thrack attack: [roll5]
Potential damage: [roll6]

Hrunting full attack: Claw 1[roll7]
Potential claw 1 damage: [roll8]

Claw 2: [roll9]
Potential claw 2 damage: [roll10]
Potential Dex damage: (1d6)[4]

Bite: [roll11]
Potential damage: [roll12]

Tail: [roll13]
Potential damage: [roll14]
Potential dex damage: (1d6)[6]

redmane
2013-07-17, 08:56 AM
Shem decided not to risk another blow (which could have killed him) and silently retreated away from the action, all the while calling on his belt's power to heal him.

Move away from Dexter, activate Healing Belt for [roll0] hit points healed. Hide check to avoid being seen: [roll1]

Trollololololol
2013-07-17, 06:28 PM
Shem:
Shem disappears from the battle and gives himself a small boost. He is healed from some damage.

Bryr:
Bryr is busy celebrating his contribution in helping Cerberus with his reroll.

Cerberus:
Cerberus breathes out another mysterious fog that slows down Dexter instantly.

Kirkis:
Kirkis lands another blow with his Eldritch Glaive, dealing a total of 17 damage. Dexter takes the blow and looks ready to fall at any moment. He is now covered in blood, and he is having trouble even standing still.

Dexter:
Dexter looks around the party, and realizes that his chances of survival are all but gone. Before a finishing blow is put on him, Dexter falls to his knees and yells.

"I will get my revenge!"

Skhltrh:
The little Kobold, now Wolf, takes a hug bite from Dexter, biting off just enough to knock the hulking man down.

Dexter falls to the ground, his body motionless as a pool of blood grows around his body. Silence fills the area.

A figure comes out of the trees. Oddly enough, it appears to be a moving tree! It waves and offers a smile of sorts.

"Thrack! My friend!" the being exclaims.

Thrack:
It is your new friend, Ash

Medic!
2013-07-17, 06:33 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis immediately dives into Dexter's (hopefully dead) corpse's possessions with gleeful abandon. "This thing better be dead...and it better have some nice stuff." The pixie is so caught up in going through Dexter's things that he completely ignores/overlooks/flat out doesn't notice the giant walking tree yet.

Now begins a game I call "Kill 'em, and rifle through their ****."
[roll0]

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-17, 07:05 PM
Coming down from his rage both literally and figuratively, Thrack leaned on his sword for a second, trying to catch his breath. "Lesser Vigor," he mumbled under his breath as a corona of white light encircled the crater in his torso. It slowly began to stop healing, and he stood straighter.

Blinking, he realized that his friend had appeared. "Ash!" he cried. "Good to see you again! Did you know Dexter was not a goblin?" he asked. "That was quite the shock!"

redmane
2013-07-17, 07:32 PM
Shem doesn't waste any time getting down to Dexter's possessions, either... so Kirkis now got some competition!

Search: [roll0]

EDIT: With these rolls, I should be rolling monster attacks and saves... :smallconfused:

Escheton
2013-07-17, 07:37 PM
Skhltrh shifts out of wolf form to apply some restorative magic.
First she does as the Goliath and summons forth the Troll's regenerative essence on herself, then she summons forth the tiniest amount of curative energy on Dexter, to stop him from slipping away, should he still be alive.
He has some answering to do...after we take his possessions as punishment of course...

Trollololololol
2013-07-17, 08:24 PM
While Kirkis and Shem fight over the loot, which consists of

Ring of X-Ray Vision
Ring of Evasion
Scimitar (gives off a strange glow)
8,000 Gold pieces
Folded paper

Thrack runs to his friend Ash. The Treant seems to be full of excitement as Thrack and Hrunting approach.

"Thrack! I cannot believe that you and your companions have defeated Dexter! I had no idea that he was just posing as a Goblin. Guess that would expain alot... Anyways, thanks to you, I can take back control of the island and lead it to complete restoration. I never really got a chance to ask you... what are you all doing out here?"

Trollololololol
2013-07-17, 08:26 PM
As Kirkis and Shem are meddling through the items on Dexter, the Kobold hurries over to the corpse. Upon seeing the body, while unconscious, still has some life, the Kobold makes a rushed attempt to salvage the man.

Unfortunately, she is a little too hurried in her attempt and accidentally hits an important vein, officially killing Dexter.

Yas392
2013-07-17, 08:29 PM
((OOC: Rofl, she is certainly evil :smalltongue:))

Medic!
2013-07-17, 08:35 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis begins throwing items seemingly out of mid-air as he plucks them from Dexter's corpse, "Nice finish Kobold, heh!"

The pixie pauses when he touches the scimitar and slips a monocle onto his eye. He falls into his innate powers and begins studying the item to determine its properties, ignoring all else.

Casting Detect Magic and studying the scimitar for 1 minute, at which time its properties should be revealed as though I'd cast Identify on it. For loot purposes, nothing there I'd be interested in, so no competition for the tasties from me!

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-17, 08:37 PM
"I wish you the best of luck in your restoration," Thrack said enthusiastically. "And our stopping on this island was nothing more than a pit stop. Our ship was damaged by the Arrowhawk, and we ran aground."

"As for why we are at sea, we have been charged by King Onri to discover and bring back the Forbidden Treasure of legend," he said. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you?"

Escheton
2013-07-17, 08:44 PM
"The Body is mine, I killed it, I claim it.
I assume you all disapprove of eating humanoid flesh, so I will just use it for fishing purposes. Yes...fishing..."the greenskinned priestess drifts off in murmured thought
"A SCROLL! Mine!". The Kobold greedily grabs the folded paper to examine it's contents in a rush of attention.

Yas392
2013-07-17, 08:52 PM
Bryr, still in his love-tap state, emerges in the tug of war for the items. People, people, stop fighting. We have already won, my dears. Let us not destroy the spoils that we just earn, hmm.

Malphas: See, boy. That's vastly an improvement on your performance. I find the old you too boring.

Sure...with you acting as a stimulant, it's really going REALLY well.

Trollololololol
2013-07-17, 09:05 PM
Thrack:
"The Forbidden Treasure?" Ash asks. "Well who doesn't know about it?!"

Ash cranes his neck to see the rest of the party fighting over the spoils.

"I don't know of the whereabouts to the Forbidden Treasure, but I do happen to know that there are quite a few pirates to the West that seem to have an idea of where the treasure is. Perhaps they can give you some location for the Forbidden Treasure. Anyways, Thrack, it looks like you've got things under control. Thanks again for saving my island, and feel free to stop by here anytime!"

Ash gives a subtle bow to Thrack and disappears into the woods.

PowerGamer
2013-07-17, 10:08 PM
Watching Dexter fall to the ground, Cerberus watches some of his allies rush the body for loot. "Let's not be too greedy and make sure everyone benefits from this"

He turns to see the treant walk out of the woods. He was about to burn it on instinct before realizing it was a friend to Thrak.

He "sheathed" his long spear and stretched. For some reason that fight made him feel stronger now.

Trollololololol
2013-07-17, 10:40 PM
Kirkis rifles through, and while Shem is busy playing with the gold, a small bottle appears through the shiny coins. It is small and bronze, with a lead stopper. Even with the stopper, a thin line of smoke is seeping through.

redmane
2013-07-18, 10:00 AM
- Is this bottle what I think it is? - thought Shem, vaguely remembering some rumors of a bottle that could fill a royal hall with smoke in a matter of mere minute. But the bottle didn't keep his attention for long, as he was busy appraising two rings he just collected from Dexter's body

Shem's just looking at them, in plain view of everyone, with no obvious intentions to hide anything

Escheton
2013-07-18, 10:25 AM
The Kobold shifts form again, this time into that of a bugbear. Proceeding to pick up the unattended scimitar together with Dexter's body and walk off into the ship with it slung casually over her shoulder.
She then locks herself away after tending to the animals.

Medic!
2013-07-18, 01:13 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis plucks the bottle from where Shem sets it down, "You really should be more careful with our hard-earned spoils ya know..."

He activates his innate Detect Magic again and begins studying the bottle through his monocle.

redmane
2013-07-18, 01:24 PM
Excuse me? It's a metal bottle! Don't let our big guy to step on it by accident, and it should be fine otherwise - Shem, slightly confused, continued to ponder over a newly found ring, finally slipping it on his finger.

Trollololololol
2013-07-18, 05:55 PM
While Kirkis is examining the bottle, it becomes clear that this bottle is more than just a metal bottle. It is an Efreeti Bottle.

Medic!
2013-07-18, 08:56 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis pops back into the visible spectrum of light, his eyes wide, one still magnified ridiculously through his monocle as he stares at Shem.

"Don't let our big guy step on it indeed. Would hate to let the proverbial cat out of the bag, or in this case Efreeti out of the Bottle!"

Kirkis shouts to the party, "I FOUND A GENIE CAN WE KEEP HER?" His excitement is...palpable!

PowerGamer
2013-07-18, 10:32 PM
"Yes Kirkis, we can keep it" Cerberus says sighing. This crew is well... how would one put it nicely? Diverse? Oh well. "Take the rest of the day off. We ride tomorrow with the tides," he instructs to the present members of the crew.

He looks around for that old goblin who translated for him earlier. Finding him, he walks over to ask a few questions, "I thank your people for fixing our ship. Do you know if we got resupplied at all? And do your people have a cultural celebration for a victory such as this? I think it would make everyone happy."

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-18, 10:39 PM
"Hell, maybe you could ask just who the hell Dexter was?" Thrack asked, lumbering back to the group after bidding his friend farewell. "Someone wouldn't shapeshift into a goblin for who knows how long without a good reason. And his last words of revenge don't bode well, either."

He also relays what Ash told him: "My friend said that pirates to the West may know more of the Forbidden Treasure. They're pirates, but it's better than what we have now, which is nothing."

Escheton
2013-07-18, 10:40 PM
Scimitar firmly in hand a blood (amongst other fluids) drenched Bugbear casually trudges over to the party. "Ow, I like this thing. It's veerrry sharp. What else did he have?" The bugbear questioning looks everyone in the eye, with the same glint and expressions as the kobold usually has as well. "Goblins are strong, or at least this type is. Good torque.", she says, while hacking the air as display.

Trollololololol
2013-07-18, 10:45 PM
The old Goblin stares at Cerberus blankly for a moment.

"No speak-y Common," the old Goblin says before wandering off into the hustle and bustle of the town.

Rattington runs back to the party from the ship, eyes wide with excitement.

"The Goblins have given us a week's worth of rations! Everything else is in perfect condition too."

Yas392
2013-07-18, 11:12 PM
That's great! Bryr says while he is feeding the bird after he got his portion of shares. The bird in his hand coos in his tender care. Fly away, young one to somewhere where you destined to be. Then, he releases the bird. He conjures a bird, a servitor with white plumes. Ah, my loyal companion, be my eyes and scour the island for any exotic and out for the so call pirates.

Bryr will be using "Bird's View" from Malphas list to check for our would be associates plus more. Anything the birds see, he will too.

Escheton
2013-07-19, 06:42 AM
Old one! Wait! Where is Dexter's home?, the bugbear chases after the goblin muttering about not speaking common.

Trollololololol
2013-07-19, 06:44 AM
The old Goblin looks at the Bugbear, slightly confused. He then points at a nearby building. It is rather small and quaint. It has a darker brown color to it that would seem unappealing to most.

Escheton
2013-07-19, 06:47 AM
The bugbear quickly darts off to the building, forcing entry if need be.
Once there she rummages around looking for books and other items of value.

Trollololololol
2013-07-19, 06:48 AM
Roll a Search check please, unless you wanna take 10... or 20

Escheton
2013-07-19, 06:54 AM
It depends on how much room there is too search

Taking 10 gets a result of 20. (22 if my familiar is allowed to aid)

If it's not much room, I'm willing to take 20 after that for a result of 30.

If only 1 roll is required for the whole place, regardless of number of squares she will cast divine insight and roll: [roll0] (+2 if familiar may aid)

Trollololololol
2013-07-19, 07:31 AM
Our beloved Kobold
The Kobold-turned-Bugbear disappears from the rest of the party and happens into Dexter's home. Many maps and books cover the cozy one bedroom home. The kitchen has a couple scraps of food, but is empty for the most part.

While searching the house for anything of interest, the Bugbear finds a white Robe of the Archmage, a Headband of Intellect (+2), and a spellbook. On a small table, the Bugbear also finds a small wand with 40 charges of Color Spray.

Meanwhile, Rattington looks over the town of Goblins one last time before making his way to the ship.

"Let's hurry mates! No need to burn any more daylight."

Escheton
2013-07-19, 07:50 AM
Hearing Rattington's cry, the Bugbear emerges from the cottage, scimitar still in hand but completely clean. She hurries over to the ship.

Grabbed all the maps, books and magic items she could carry, then wildshaped into a bugbear. With exactly the same look. Then she picked up the scimitar and walked outside.

PowerGamer
2013-07-19, 08:42 AM
"GRAB WHAT YOU NEED AND GET BACK ON THE SHIP!! WE ARE CASTING OFF!!" Cerberus bellows for all the party to hear. He then makes his way back to the ship.

Trollololololol
2013-07-19, 08:47 AM
The party makes it back to their Kraken-ship and depart from Goblin Island. One last look back shows Ash waving goodbye to the party.

Ahead, there is nothing but water. Open, blue water.

OOC-
Not sure if you all plan on going back to the starting point or heading West... or heading North (like originally planned). Go ahead an RP that.

Escheton
2013-07-19, 08:58 AM
After taking about 1/7th from the currency-pile, Skhltrh spends some time tending too her animals before she starts hauling stuff from within the Rhino's packs below deck.
During the last trip she loudly exclaims, at large, while menacingly pointing her scimitar "I need uninterrupted focus. Do not disturb me unless your life is in danger....or it will be!"

redmane
2013-07-19, 09:09 AM
Shem calmly assumed his shift at the helm, waiting for a course being set, and enjoying the cool breeze in the meantime.

His eyes have undergo a visible transformation after the fight with Dexter - they looked more like the kraken they were all about to ride.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-19, 10:35 AM
Thrack waved goodbye to Ash before turning to face the rest of the crew. "Okay, guys, we gotta figure out what we're doing now. Do we go back home to sell our spoils of battle? Do we head out west to find pirates who could lead us to the treasure? Or do we continue heading north aimlessly and hope for the best?"

"Me, I wouldn't mind going back and getting more gear; we don't know what dangers the seas will bring. But we should all be in agreement before doing anything; that includes you, little kobold, so chime in before you start your magics."

Escheton
2013-07-19, 10:53 AM
"Lets turn over these items. Things...get lost around pirates. And you keep better mind of what you want and need."

Medic!
2013-07-19, 12:28 PM
Kirkis

Kirkis heads back to the ship, Genie in a Bottle safely tucked into his pack. He fades into invisibility as he begins to whistle a tune. He pauses for a moment before leaving the town square and looks back with an impish grin on his face (for those who could see it.) "I'll catch up to the ship shortly, if anyone needs me I'll be up on watch before we set sail!"

It would be a shame not to leave a momento of this grand victory...heh heh heh...

Kirkis falls into his innate powers once again as a giant statue materializes out of nothing on the very spot Dexter fell in defeat. The statue reaches 100 feet in to the air like a becon. The sculpture depicts Dexter in his true form, near death on his back in the dirt with a very handsome and familiar-looking pixie standing on his chest, fist raised in the air in triumph with a shining light visible through the spaces between his fingers. Anguish is painted on Dexter's face as if he struggles to rise but finds himself unable to with his conqueror astride him.

OOC: Using Kirkis's daily Permanent Image to make the illusion of a statue glorifying his heroic victory :smallamused:

Kirkis flies back to the ship, alighting in his usual place in the rigging to keep watch. He admires his handiwork as he calls down, "Which way we shovin' off towards, Cap'n?" Arrrrrrrrrrr matey

PowerGamer
2013-07-19, 02:37 PM
"Course? Right... Thrack? Did the treeant give you a direction? Rattington, bring our navigator to the captain's quarters so that she may map our course before she shuts herself into her room" Cerberus says making his way to his quarters.

I know we mentioned captains quartes at the start, but I'm not going to be like, oh I have all this loot in here and my room is soooooo much better than yours. I don't mind splitting it assuming there's room for another. But that's were all the maps and such would be I presume. It also makes a good meeting room

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-19, 02:54 PM
"Well, Ash just gave me the general direction to go west," Thrack said, shrugging. "He's a tree, probably not that good with directions over the sea. But I believe we should attempt to restock and sell what we don't need back at home, just to be on the safe side."

He blinked once. "And who's this 'Thokk' guy?" :smalltongue:

Escheton
2013-07-19, 05:24 PM
The navigator checks the wind, current heading, consults the maps and divine and personal knowledge regarding the seas and plots a course.
While filled with divine knowledge she also tries too comb her mind for information regarding these pirates.

5 people posted regarding direction, 2 without care. 2 that want to head back and 1 that wants to move forward...so back it is.

Take 10 survival to know north.
Cast Lore of Oghma, take 10 on knowledge (geography) for course: 20.
Check the Tome of Worldly Memory regarding these westward pirates while buff is running for info, take 10: 25

Yas392
2013-07-19, 07:13 PM
As the crew departs, Bryr kisses the goblins and gives them a farewell before boarding the ship. He goes into the cabin, not paying attention as in deep trance, focusing on looking through his bird's eyes.

Where's my birdie? He's scouring the island and ahead for goodies.

Trollololololol
2013-07-20, 06:40 PM
*Flash Forward*

The party leaves the docks of their starting city once again, this time much richer than last time. Unfortunately, the party has also lost a member. Hurkle, their former companion, has decided to leave the voyage as he stays home to start his own business. As the island shrinks in the distance, there is nothing but open seas and open skies as they continue onward.

Trollololololol
2013-07-20, 10:23 PM
It takes two more days, but the Kraken-ship finally arrives at the island Ash had mentioned. It is a port city a short journey from Goblin Island.

As the party gets off their Kraken-ship, they are immediately met with confused stares. Turns out, pirates aren't used to seeing people ride Krakens on the open seas!

A quick look around from the docks reveals a typical small town. There is a tavern/inn on the left hand side, a deli on the right, and a fair share of shops selling everything from weapons to a potion-brewery. In the distance, a mountain stands tall in the sky.

The people in the town look to be sea-faring people, with a few "locals" in the mix.

Thokk_Smash
2013-07-20, 11:30 PM
Thrack looked around as he disembarked from the ship. He looked back at the kraken that the ship still looked like and sighed. "One of us should try to dispel that eventually," he muttered under his breath. Looking out at the small town, he wondered where they should start.

"Taverns are always a good starting point, I suppose," he thought to himself. He whistled to Hrunting to follow as he sauntered over to the tavern.