PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember which Dragon or what it was called??

unseenmage
2013-07-03, 11:24 PM
There was some Dragon article wherein you could become more and more construct-like over a 4 part progression.

There were progressions for elemental energy types too and maybe one for aberrations?

I cannot for the life of me remember which Dragon mag it was or whether these were PrCs, feats, or just pay gp to get effect mechanics.

I want to say they were 3.0 style material but am not sure.

Does anyone else remember an article like that or know where I could find it?

Thanks regardless Playground.

137beth
2013-07-04, 01:05 AM
In the ECS there is a prestige class that makes you more and more construct-like: warforged juggernaut. Not exactly what you are looking for, but a similar idea.

Darrin
2013-07-04, 12:16 PM
Try "Prestige Races", Dragon #304. You take the Sculpt Self feat, pick a focus, and then buy racial abilities by spending XP, similar to picking up a template. You want the Gear Focus, although even if you pick up all the abilities, it doesn't turn you into a construct. To do that, you need something like Renegade Mastermaker or Green Star Adept.

Namfuak
2013-07-04, 12:24 PM
Renegade Mastermaker from Magic of Eberron slowly gains construct-like qualities and the 10th level capstone is that you become a living construct. There was an Iron Chef competition using it, I think, if you need build ideas.

unseenmage
2013-07-04, 02:22 PM
Try "Prestige Races", Dragon #304. You take the Sculpt Self feat, pick a focus, and then buy racial abilities by spending XP, similar to picking up a template. You want the Gear Focus, although even if you pick up all the abilities, it doesn't turn you into a construct. To do that, you need something like Renegade Mastermaker or Green Star Adept.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
Darrin, you are both a scholar and a gentleman.

Now to figure out if there's a benefit to stacking Sculpt Self with either Warforged Juggernaut, Renegade Mastermaker or Green Star Adept.