PDA

View Full Version : epic spells

Somensjev
2013-07-04, 08:19 AM
are there any epic spells in RAW, i'm trying to find some (i'm hoping it's just because i dont have the epic level handbook, but i'm searching the internet too)
if there arent any in RAW could people show me some examples of some?

BWR
2013-07-04, 08:22 AM
Google is your friend. (https://www.google.no/search?q=epic+spells&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nb-NO:official&client=firefox-a)

Really, this took 5 seconds.

Vaz
2013-07-04, 08:23 AM
What do you 'in RAW'? That means Rules as Written.

You'll find on the d20srd.org site.

Krobar
2013-07-04, 09:15 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicSpells.htm

In our game only deities can channel sufficient energy to cast epic spells.

Jeraa
2013-07-04, 10:41 AM
Epic spells can be found in the Epic Level Handbook. Which is Open Content, and can be found freely on the internet. Some of the books for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting also have epic material, including new epic spells.

137beth
2013-07-04, 10:43 AM
All epic spells must be custom-made. The example epic spells in the epic level handbook are just examples--even if you want to cast those specific examples, you still have to create them yourself.

Jeraa
2013-07-04, 11:47 AM
All epic spells must be custom-made. The example epic spells in the epic level handbook are just examples--even if you want to cast those specific examples, you still have to create them yourself.

Not necessarily. Epic spells can be scribed onto stone tablets (or something of equal or greater hardness). There is just no benefit to the origional developer, and as it doubles the epic spells spellcraft DC (And so its cost to develop), its actually a drawback.

Epic spells may only be inscribed on stone tablets or other substances of equal or greater hardness. Once a spell is so inscribed, another epic spellcaster can learn it without going through the process of development. Once an inscribed epic spell is learned by another epic spellcaster in this fashion, the tablet upon which it is inscribed is destroyed and cannot be mended.

So its at least possible (but I would say not likely) for you to learn an epic spell without developing it yourself.

137beth
2013-07-04, 11:59 AM
Not necessarily. Epic spells can be scribed onto stone tablets (or something of equal or greater hardness). There is just no benefit to the origional developer, and as it doubles the epic spells spellcraft DC (And so its cost to develop), its actually a drawback.

So its at least possible (but I would say not likely) for you to learn an epic spell without developing it yourself.

Yea, I realize that. However, whoever inscribed it on the tablet had to develop it themselves. I was contrasting this with nonepic spells, of which there are a set of "core/listed/known" spells, that anyone can learn without them being custom-developed.