PDA

View Full Version : On The Ads on This Site

Chainsaw Hobbit
2013-07-04, 12:00 PM
I installed AdBlock a few months back, because most ads annoyed me, and I was frankly nauseated by many of them.

When the new forum ads were announced, I disabled adblock for giantitp.com, so as to support the community I love some much. Now I read several new webcomics, and have been introduced to a handful of interesting kickstarters. :smallsmile:

The ads here are never annoying, and often helpful. I am glad for their presence.

Castaras
2013-07-04, 12:12 PM
There is one ad that did annoy me.

The one that was a horribly stretched image that didn't fit. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

shawnhcorey
2013-07-04, 12:16 PM
Ads that annoy me are ones with moving pictures. They distract from my reading. So, I zap them. :smallsmile:

Talanic
2013-07-04, 01:41 PM
Moving ads aren't allowed on this site, so no problem. I suspect my time advertising here was most helpful in how I received feedback from other forumgoers on my ad, which wasn't very effective.

inuyasha
2013-07-04, 01:43 PM
Yeah, only one ad ever bugged me, and it was of a wildly innapropriate maner, and got reported by like 5 people immediately, and quickly got removed

Spiryt
2013-07-04, 01:51 PM
This "Fork of truth" ad irritates me quite a lot, the art of those characters is just horrible, lol.

Usually they are not bothering.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2013-07-04, 02:20 PM
This "Fork of truth" ad irritates me quite a lot, the art of those characters is just horrible, lol.

Usually they are not bothering.

I admit to not enjoying that one much either, but I don't think your comment was very constructive.

Lord Raziere
2013-07-04, 02:50 PM
I mostly dislike the Fork of Truth ad because it doesn't seem to be going away, and it has one of the worst puns ever made, advertising a low-quality webcomic that even I figured out is bad.

I'll be glad when those last 15 days are up.

and now there is a Tome of Truth ad for some kickstarter thing on the bottom. seriously whats with people and all these "X of truth" things?

celtois
2013-07-04, 07:15 PM
If I'm not mistake the ads on this site are provided by project wonderful.

Which by default adblock will do nothing about. That or I enabled ads for this site many moons ago and forgot. :smalltongue:

The Dark Fiddler
2013-07-05, 08:17 AM
If I'm not mistake the ads on this site are provided by project wonderful.

Which by default adblock will do nothing about. That or I enabled ads for this site many moons ago and forgot. :smalltongue:

Either you're using a different blocker than I am, or it's the latter. :smalltongue:

Anyway, the ads on this site are never problematic, and they're placed well so that they don't intrude. So many websites put them in terrible positions, and I block them. Rich (or whoever, probably Rawhide?) definitely put them in a good position, and I appreciate Rich's hard work, so I've kept them unblocked since he put them up.

Red_Fire
2013-07-13, 10:15 PM
{scrubbed}

Roland St. Jude
2013-07-13, 10:23 PM
Sheriff: I don't think we need a thread that is an open referendum on the various ads that appear or on Rich's business practices generally.