PDA

View Full Version : Feat that grants a spell from another domain

Sheogoroth
2013-07-04, 02:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is a feat that grants you one spell from another domain of your char's diety, but I can't seem to recall it.

Or am I just misremembering?

I'm trying to create a build that qualifies for Walker in the Waste, but I want to take a different domain. My DM said that I could create my own diety, so that's one thing.

Clistenes
2013-07-04, 02:49 PM
There is a feat called Bonus Domain or Extra Domain that grants you a whole new domain.

There is also a feat that allows you to take domains not from your patron deity.

Sheogoroth
2013-07-04, 03:04 PM
Bonus domain is an epic feat, extra domain spell lets you cast a domain spell you can already cast an extra time per day.

Clistenes
2013-07-04, 03:08 PM
Oh, sorry. I had a brain fart. :smallredface:

Maybe you could research is as a standard cleric spell? Make it one or two levels higher than the domain spell.

Curmudgeon
2013-07-04, 03:10 PM
Heretic of the Faith (Power of Faerun, pages 46-47) lets you pick a domain outside of your faith's normal list.

Nettlekid
2013-07-04, 03:16 PM
There's the spell Substitute Domain, which for a day/level changes one of your domains into another.

nedz
2013-07-04, 04:43 PM
Well there's Retrieve Spell ( Complete Champion, p62) which allows you to cast an already cast domain spell again.

Wizards can grab extra domains with Arcane Disciple, though there is no divine version though.

There are indirect means: e.g. Skill Focus ( Knowledge ( Religion ) ) allows you to dip Divine Oracle for the Oracle domain.