PDA

View Full Version : Duelist Elite

Blackadam
2013-07-04, 03:43 PM
Hey yaw'll i'm making a 14th lvl duelist type character and so far these are the levels i want to take

Base Classes

2 lvls Fighter: Players Handbook pg. 39
3 lvls Swashbuckler: Complete Warrior pg. 12
3 lvls Warblade: Book of Nine Swords pg 21
2 lvl Rogue: Player's Handbook pg.

Prestige Classes

4 lvls Duelist: Dungeon Master Guide pg 185

unassigned stats right now are
and i get an additional 32 skill points

the theme i'm going for is a toon who goes around assimilating diff styles of sword skills to improve his own ability he loves to be pushed to the limit and going up against skilled. From this point on is where i wanted to toy with what prestige classes he would what do yaw'll recommend?

Feats ??

magic items??

i have to note what sources i use to create the toon so if you could give at least a book reference i'll do the rest of the leg work :)

Zonugal
2013-07-04, 04:44 PM
What about something like:

Fire Elf Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 1/Monk 2/Warblade 4

Feats
Combat Expertise [1st], Improved Disarm [3rd], Daring Outlaw [6th], Improved Unarmed Strike [Monk1], Dodge [Monk1], Mobility [Monk2], Carmendine Monk[9th], Elusive Target [12th]

The Duelist prestige class doesn't really offer anything great and if anything is actively detracting/hurting the character on a mechanical level. Canny Defense is pretty limited and by mixing Carmendine Monk with levels in Monk you achieve a better result. On an offensive-side additional levels will undoubtedly do a better job then anything Duelist will offer.

This build offers an initial BaB of 10 by 12th-level and from there it only increases thanks to Warblade. It has +3d6 sneak attack thanks to Daring Outlaw, Intelligence to armor class & attacks (Monk & Swashbuckler), an initiator-level of 8 (and you begin Warblade with access to 3rd-level maneuvers right off the bat) and the ability to negate power attacks, divert defenses & cause over-reach thanks to the Elusive Target tactical feat.

Sources on those feats are: Daring Outlaw (Complete Scoundrel), Carmendine Monk (Champions of Valor) and Elusive Target (Complete Warrior).

Thoughts?

Blackadam
2013-07-08, 12:10 PM
I saw this a little late sorry :/ I ended up building him like this

2 fighter
2 monk
2 rogue
3 swash
3 war-blade
2 duelist.

stats with magic items are
str 20
dex 20
con 17
int 20
wis 19
cha 17

feats

dodge, mobility, improved init, quick draw, robilars gambit( i wish i would have taken this feat a little later, vexing flanker and deft opportunist.

i'm looking for ways i can pump my AC so that when i activate Robilar's gambit it doesn't hurt me as bad in this 1st game session i did see as great as it is at this current level it is not as worth it the i don't deal out as much damage to actually drop creatures when they attack me i'm doing D6 (rapier) + 2D6 (S.A.) + 5 (Str) + 5 (Int) i'm thinking i would keep taking lvls of duelist to UP my A.C.aside from this class i don't know which other classes offer bonuses to AC (well aside from the ones i had just taken) I checked out the Carmendine Monk feat it is a nice way to up ones AC if your wisdom is low, both my stats are decent in those areas im leaning more towards combat expertise so i can fight defensively and up my AC if the opponent is easily pounding on me

Feats thinking about
Daring Outlaw (will up my S.A. to 3D6)
Weapon Focus
Combat Expertise

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-08, 02:01 PM
Craven will add 14 damage every time you trigger sneak attack.