PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Exalted Feats[PEACH]

Sapreaver
2013-07-04, 06:03 PM
Making some feats so VoP bonus feats aren't as garbagey

Feat name:Divine Flight
Prereqs Nimbus of Light
Effect and Description

with a free action you may materialize divine wings.
These wings grant the ability of flight with poor maneuverability and a fly speed equal to 30'.
This ability may be activated a number of times per day equal to your level and last for 1 hour or until you dismiss them(free action).
Grants an additional+2 sacred bonus to diplomacy when dealing with good aligned creatures when the wings are manifested

Feat NameDivine Transformation
prereqs At least 1 other exalted feat

When you aquire this feat, roll a d8 and compare to the list below that is the effect of your divine transformation.
if you acquire 6 of this feat gain the celestial creature template lose

+1 STR increases by 1 for every three other exalted feats
+1 DEX increases by 1 for every three other exalted feats
+1 CON increases by 1 for every three other exalted feats
+1 INT increases by 1 for every three other exalted feats
+1 WIS increases by 1 for every three other exalted feats
+15 maximum hit points increases by +1 for every three other exalted feats.
DR 3/Evil Increases by 1 for every three other exalted feats
Daylight as the spell once a day.

Name Exalted Smite(Rework)
Prereqs: Lawful Good

Grants the smite evil class feature, or doubles the bonus damage if it already exists.

Name ReTurning Smites
prereq Exalted smite

you may expend a turn undead attempt to use your smite ability.
your smites recover at the rate of 1 per hour
Your smites also force a turn attempt on the struck undead.

Name Divine Sanction
prereq Vow of peace

Grants an at will ability to Impose a Geas on an unconcious target commanding them to travel to the nearest place of justice and confess their crimes. It deals 3d6 Non-lethal damage every day it is not attempted and another point of non lethal damage for every day it has not been attempted.
Also imposes a mark of justice that sickens the target when they knowingly commit a crime.

Name Hands of a Healer [rework]
prereq CHA 13, lay on hands class ability,

Increases your paladin level by 2 and charisma by 2 for determining how much your lay of hands can heal.
Allows you to spend your daily allotment of lay of hands healing to heal ability damage.

AuraTwilight
2013-07-04, 06:32 PM
Formatting please? This is really difficult to read.

Sapreaver
2013-07-06, 02:37 AM
Sorry about that.

AuraTwilight
2013-07-06, 03:28 AM
Aaaand now that I can read these...I'm sorry, but they're not much of an improvement. They're all meh and underwhelming for their pre-requisites, except for Divine Prison, which is way, way too powerful and complicated; and having it be automatically gained if you have Vows of Peace and Poverty? NO.

Sapreaver
2013-07-06, 04:40 AM
I attempted to beef them up.

Network
2013-07-06, 11:05 AM
The captive's bodies are destroyed when a soul is taken in and recreated when released with non lethal damage equal to max hp -1.

To fulfill your vow, you must not cause harm to any living creature
Isn't killing someone and resurrecting him a perfect example of the kind of things prohibited by Vow of Peace? I don't think destroying the body of someone is something very friendly, and the fact you recreate it latter doesn't change anything about it. Even in the case it was, if someone used Imprison Possessor (http://dndtools.eu/spells/book-of-vile-darkness--37/imprison-possessor--124/) on the target beforehand, you just destroyed a soul. Which is actually worse than killing the person.

Sapreaver
2013-07-06, 12:27 PM
That was the old version, the new version is just an at will geas.

Network
2013-07-07, 09:29 AM
That was the old version, the new version is just an at will geas.
You're right, my comment was outdated by a few hours when I posted it. Just one question though :

It deals 3d6 Non-lethal damage every day, it additionally deals 1 point of damage for every day it is not attempted..
So instead of 3d6 lethal damage per day the geas is not attempted, it's 3d6 non-lethal per day (attempted or not), and 1 additional lethal damage per day if it is not attempted? The statement is very confusing. May you clarify it please?

Sapreaver
2013-07-09, 03:06 PM
Sorry for the awkward wording, it deals 3d6 every day it is not attempted plus an additional 1 damage for every day that it wasn't attempted. So if Steve the evil fighter gets saved by a divine sanction and he says "fudge it stupid pacifist not going to take me down". The first day is just 3d6 non lethal damage the second day is 3d6+ 1 the third day it is not attempted is 3d6+2 and so on until you need to turn your self in or be unconscious for the day.

I'm tempted to add
a mark of justice (when committing a crime become sickened and fatigued for 1d6 hours)
and a curse that(when someone casts a spell near you, you become frightened and run away while trying to resist said spell even if it's beneficial.)
It is a feat that requires 3 other feats and requires you to do no real damage so I think it isn't overpowered.
Power wise how do these look? They're mostly for VoP users but ideally anyone can take them.

Sapreaver
2013-07-15, 01:12 PM
Added another feat, made some modifications feedback would be nice.

Hanuman
2013-07-15, 08:01 PM
Divine flight should be half your land speed, not 120' flat.
It's a feat.

What is a "stat"?

Sapreaver
2013-07-15, 11:22 PM
Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and so on.

Why so low? for most characters that's only 15'.

Hanuman
2013-07-16, 05:44 PM
It's about standard, you could raise it to full speed (equal to land-speed) if you have 8 ranks in fly (pathfinder skill).

STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS and CHA are attributes.

What does "+15 for hitpoints" mean?

On its own having even a +1 to an attribute is more powerful than a feat generally allows.

After adding 6 feats you want to give them +3 attribute points and an additional template that's +4LA for free, and if I am reading it correctly another 15HP upon taking the feat.

A feat is worth +1HP/Con Modifier maximum, or for a feat stack check aberrant feat equivalent:
http://dndtools.eu/feats/lords-of-madness--72/durable-form--780/

When designing homebrew look for a reference point then make relative content, but honestly you may want to rethink what you consider basic balance, or read more into the game in general.

Sapreaver
2013-07-17, 12:44 AM
I based it on overland flight, I over did the speed by mistake. Would it be more balanced if it was 40' and poor maneuverability?

I'll admit I could have gone and looked and the Abyssal feats for a base line.
what if I gets bumped up to every 3 feats, this gives a player a nice boost to their statistics for going exalted and upon taking the sixth one lose all the feats and gain a template. Divine transformation if you will. so you need to give up all your (non bonus)feat slots on exalted feats to gain a template.

I'll make some changes, let me know what you think.

Hanuman
2013-07-17, 05:18 AM
Check out celestial bloodline as a reference datapoint, including cost.

Network
2013-07-17, 12:00 PM
For another reference, 2 feat slots is officially worth LA +1.

Hanuman
2013-07-17, 01:13 PM
For another reference, 2 feat slots is officially worth LA +1.

Have an example?