PDA

View Full Version : Channeling positive energy

Mechanize
2013-07-04, 08:54 PM
Other than turning or using metamagic feats, are there other times in which you can channel positive energy?

I am looking at the conduit of life spell and I think it is pretty cool if you can actually channel at will, rather than require undead present to turn. I had initially thought that smiting would be channeling positive energy (via ordained champion) but that doesn't look to be the case.

Tokiko Mima
2013-07-04, 09:50 PM
Other than turning or using metamagic feats, are there other times in which you can channel positive energy?

I am looking at the conduit of life spell and I think it is pretty cool if you can actually channel at will, rather than require undead present to turn. I had initially thought that smiting would be channeling positive energy (via ordained champion) but that doesn't look to be the case.

I think what you're looking for is the Divine feats found in Players Handbook II. They allow you to use turn undead attempts to perform other feats. Sacred Healing and Sacred Purification would seem to mesh very well with what you're doing in regards to Conduit of Life.

Humble Master
2013-07-04, 09:52 PM
Would anything that lets you 'spend' turn attempts count as channeling positive energy? If so basically every Divine Feat would count.

morkendi
2013-07-04, 10:06 PM
I dont know where it came from for sure, but my DM has 2 feats called channel energy and selective channeling. He uses the destroy undead on turns. What channel energy does is heal everything in the turn radius instead of harming undead if that is what the priest chooses to do. Bad thing is it is anything in the radius. Selective channeling let's you choose who is healed or harmed in the radius at the cost of 2 turns. You can choose only allies or I only turn the vampire and ignore the zombies and such.

Mechanize
2013-07-05, 10:56 PM
Would anything that lets you 'spend' turn attempts count as channeling positive energy? If so basically every Divine Feat would count.

I thought it would, but the book doesn't word it as such. Too bad, because it makes sense... like with smite. I can spend a turn attempt to make my next attack a smite. One would think that I am channeling the turning energy into the weapon. RaW though it doesn't sound that way. :/

ArcturusV
2013-07-06, 12:43 AM
Well, the other one I can think of is actually located in Stormwrack. You can channel a Turn Undead use into making every bit of water within 30' of you into Holy Water for... some amount of turns. I think 5? It's a niche use, but could be handy if you were being overrun by say, CR2 fiends or Skeletons, etc, and happened to be standing in an ankle deep pond.

Than
2013-07-06, 07:52 AM
Ask your DM if you could trade out for the Pathfinder Channel Positive Energy. You'll have to give up Turn Undead though.

It's available free of charge in their SRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com).

Slipperychicken
2013-07-06, 08:24 AM
I dont know where it came from for sure, but my DM has 2 feats called channel energy and selective channeling. He uses the destroy undead on turns. What channel energy does is heal everything in the turn radius instead of harming undead if that is what the priest chooses to do. Bad thing is it is anything in the radius. Selective channeling let's you choose who is healed or harmed in the radius at the cost of 2 turns. You can choose only allies or I only turn the vampire and ignore the zombies and such.

Channel Energy is what pathfinder replaced turn undead with. He's letting you spend a feat to do it how a PF Cleric would.

Selective Channeling is very similar to the feat of the same name in Pathfinder, only there the feat allows you to automatically exclude a number of targets equal to your Cha mod.