PDA

View Full Version : Half Nycter Dwarf (3.5)

Mr.Sandman
2013-07-04, 11:13 PM
Greetings again Playground. I come now to you, the homebrew experts, with a quarry. In a game I am soon to begin, I have a player who currently is rather interested in bats. As we are starting at Lv 1, though he played one once before, a Nycter is not viable. After some talk we figured out that the Nycter live in harmony with another deep dwelling race, the Dwarves. How would one go about creating a half Nycter Dwarf with an LA of 0? My idea is include the wing aided movement and gliding from Raptorans, as his wings would not be as fully capable as a full Nycter, and perhaps 20 ft of blindsense and in exchange remove a dwarfs Stability, as his bones are not as thick as a full dwarfs, and the +2 on saving throws against spells. Is this balanced? Would you do it differently?

Debihuman
2013-07-05, 05:13 AM
At first glance it looks okay as a +0 race. I assume this is a Humanoid rather than a Monstrous Humanoid (as opposed to a half-dwarf nycter).

Debby
P.S. when you ask these questions, it would be helpful if you cited to which book the Nycter are in (MM 3) as most of us don't have that information memorized

Mr.Sandman
2013-07-05, 12:30 PM
Oh, yes sorry. The Nycter in MM3 yes, and the Raptorian features I was thinking of are in Races of the Wild.