PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Magic-ic

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 07:18 AM
(On the streets of Celli)

The party begins by looking at the charred body of a beggar. While his life was not one of glitz and glamor, his death was hardly warranted. This was not the first death of an innocent person at the hand of a mage, and it surely wouldn't be the last. The guard captain of Celli, Sir Cal Eldred, looks at the party with a sad look stuck to his face.

"Something must be done to stop these crazed magicians!" Eldred exclaims.

An old wizard, Herodius, shakes his head in disbelief. "I wish you could hear yourself now, Cal. When you were trapped with the dragon, I know you appreciated my magic then..."

Eldred huffs in frustration and storms away from the scene.

Herodius examines the party for a moment before addressing them.

"What do you make of this?"

Samshiir
2013-07-05, 08:22 AM
"Poor bastard." Ihlaina says as she looks over the corpse. She is looking for evidence as to what exactly happened to him.

Casting Detect Magic.
Perception Check to look over body and the immediate area for evidence: [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana if necessary: [roll1]

PolloMark
2013-07-05, 09:05 AM
"Something must be done to avenge this man!" Christian bellows as he puffs out his chest. He tries to impress the nearby girls and adults with his tough demeanor.

Intimidate [roll0]

Hazuki
2013-07-05, 09:14 AM
Eve looks over the scene with her nose slightly wrinkled, never liking the sight of a corpse that's been created in a particularly gruesome manner. She can imagine the sight of bubbling flesh and the stench of burned organs as though she had been at the site when it happened. Her attention is largely in her imagination as Christian tries to impress the ladies of the group; anyone spending extended time with her would notice that she rarely pays attention to her surroundings.

Unlike the older female, she doesn't cast a spell to examine the scene; she knows that, barring an extremely powerful mage, no aura would remain for long enough to still remain. Instead, she attempts to identify which spell was used, by examining the area and the corpse itself.

Spellcraft: [roll0]

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 09:42 AM
Herodius chuckles at Christian's ambition and lays a gentle hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Vengeance is not ours to give," the old wizard replied.

Ihlaina
You detect magic in the area.

You examine the body and notice that the poor man has indeed burned to death.

Eve
You look over the body and judging by the charred body and burn marks surrounding the area, it seems to have been a Fireball spell.

Hazuki
2013-07-05, 09:48 AM
Eve looks at the older mage, refraining from insulting him because he had yet to make any snide or smug remark in her presence. "An unmodified Fireball spell was used to kill the beggar; which means too much force for as simple a target as this. So there are a few options; the beggar wasn't the target, but merely got caught in the blast, while the true targets escaped. Or the caster wasn't in complete control of their power, or was stupid enough to go crazy with it just for the rush. Also, as it's unmodified, the mage is either only fairly powerful, isn't skilled with changing their spells, or is manipulating our thought processes to give us false impressions." The young teen rattled off her synopsis of the events to the older mage, waiting for his opinion on the matter.

Samshiir
2013-07-05, 10:14 AM
"Vengeance is not ours to give," the old wizard replied.

"It sure as hell is, old man. Unless of course you don't mind just letting more die without reason." Ihlaina does not hide any anger in her voice. She is not angry at Herodius, but rather the mage that blasted this poor man.

What if Herodius and the killer are the same person? Ihlaina thought as she studied Herodius.

Sense Motive to get a general impression on Herodius, particularly whether or not he seems to be hiding something about this murder.
[roll0]

She also continues concentration on her Detect Magic spell, trying to focus on the strength of the magic and where it is coming from.

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 10:27 AM
Ihlaina
Detect Magic- Naturally, you detect magic coming from Herodius, but the body is giving off only the faintest aura of magic. It is clear that most of the aura has dissipated by now.

Sense Motive- Herodius's kind smile and words seem to be sincere.

"Oh my," Herodius replies in shock. His eyebrows are raised at the sudden burst of anger thrown at him. "Well of course I do not wish anymore death in this city. However, running recklessly into combat does you no good. Patience is a virtue for a reason."

Herodius then looks at the young girl and smiles at her observations.

"Very good, young one. Thankfully though, we already know who did this. It was a rather reckless mage. He has been arrested though and is sitting in a prison cell now."

As Herodius finishes, Eldred rushes back to the party. His bright blue eyes are wide in excitement.

"If you want to see the mage, follow me!" Eldred yells as he leads the party towards the prison.

Techno Magician
2013-07-05, 10:58 AM
Eddie bent down towards the corpse, "May this man find his way to the afterlife and his bones forever be left to rest in peace".

Turning to the group of people at the scene he scans them quickly for any evil intentions, "Shall we follow then?"

Detecting Evil on everyone present

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 11:05 AM
Eddie
Currently, the only two people of significance, besides the party of course, would be Eldred and Herodius. Neither give off an evil vibe.

PolloMark
2013-07-05, 11:06 AM
Christian runs off after Eldred to the prison, not bothering to see if anyone else is following.

Samshiir
2013-07-05, 12:08 PM
Ihlaina follows Eldred, and makes sure that her crossbow that is strapped to her back is ready to be unslung at a moments notice. She is interested in meeting this mage, but is ready for anything.

Jormengand
2013-07-05, 12:38 PM
Raine walked down the left side of the road, keeping out of sight. Almost hiding behind Sarah. That was what had become of her; she had to hide behind her sister. She sighed, and kept walking.

And then she saw it. Jeez. Fire, by the looks of it. Okay, now this was about to get serious. "Tasira! What's going on?"

Sarah gulped as she saw the dead body. This was what happened when magi got out of control. Letting out a feeble "O-oh," she collapsed around her sister, who looked down at her and embraced her with one arm - the other was still raised towards the inquisitor.

My lord?
Protect them.
Them?
The ones who go to the prison. Not the guard. The Blood caster. Her sister.
Why?
Because I told you to. Is that not reason enough?
Y...yes, my lord.

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-05, 01:18 PM
As Adane surveyed the scene he sat motionless, a tall mountain of a man covered with weapons, without so much as a flicker of disgust or acknowledgement. He waited while the others examined the crime scene.

When Sarah collapsed, though, his face softened and he bent down to eye level, looking them in the eye. "Are you all right? This kind of thing can be very upsetting." He smiled, which did not look pleasant on his grim face.

He followed the young man with everyone else, uncomplaining.

Samshiir
2013-07-05, 01:24 PM
Ihlaina acknowledged Raine with a nod. "Another mage demonstrating magic on the innocent."

She approached Raine to offer a handshake, then patted Sarah on the top of her head comfortingly. "You shouldn't let your sister be here, friend. This is not a sight for such young eyes." Ihlaina turns and glares at the other children. (Eve and Christian)

Ihlaina then continues to follow Eldred, unless Raine continues to talk with her without going along with.

Trollololololol
2013-07-05, 01:35 PM
Eldred leads everyone to the cell where the mage is being held. The mage has wild black hair and a long, pointed nose.

"Hello children. Come to play?" the mage asks in a menacing tone. His eyes remaining on the younger members of the group.

Eldred quietly walks to the cell door and opens it. He then opens it.

He's all yours," Eldred informs the party.

Jormengand
2013-07-05, 01:48 PM
Sarah suddenly spoke to the newcomer as though her strength were renewed. "I'm fine. I can handle it." She felt a hand on top of her head. She looked up at the hand's owner: an inquisitor called Ihlania. "Oh, hey Ihla. I'm fine. I'm almost an adult now, anyway, and I have to learn to be one."

Of course, she didn't say why. But the girl under Raine's arm knew exactly why. She knew that people would react badly. She knew that Raine might be chased away. She knew that Raine, as one of those most likely to put up resistance, could be the magi's next target.

"Let her stay. Right now, I don't want her anywhere but my side."

Good, they are not splitting up.
They will soon
Of that I have no doubt. I cannot protect five places at once. You have set up other precautions.
Of a sort. I will make sure that they are at the right place at the right time.
You're dead.
True. You might have misunderstood: I said "I" when in fact I meant "You".
What must I do?

While Raine entered the cell, and stared contemptuously at the mage, Sarah followed behind her. She looked at the mage, and intoned a single word: "Why?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Hazuki
2013-07-05, 01:52 PM
Eve had no idea of what to do when her friend collapsed nearby, as she hadn't nearly enough strength in her bones to help lift her to a better sitting position. A flaw made by lack of using her back for anything other than lying on. Instead, she gave her best friend a few soft pats on the back to get her moving again, and let her know that her friend was right beside her. She didn't know what was going through Sarah's mind when she saw the scene, so she couldn't come up with anything to say that wouldn't involve speculation. She just hoped her presence would be enough.

She was slightly distracted by Ihlaina's glare, however, and felt the need to challenge it. She wasn't going to take dismissive crap from anyone, especially when she was one of the people trying to stop a mage, and had proven herself capable of it more than enough times. She had her part to play in this, just as much as any of the adults present. "Jam that look where you jam that crossbow, you crab." She said to the Inquisitor, before strolling after the older gentleman.

When they came to the cell with the mage inside, she didn't think much of his act. And she'd show that, too. "Yeah, I am! And considering you wasted one of your better spells on a freakin' beggar, I think I could wipe the floor with you; but it looks like somebody already used your head to do that, you greasy old bastard."

Samshiir
2013-07-05, 02:58 PM
"Fair enough, its your life." Ihlaina said to Raine when both she and Sarah protested about having Sarah leave.

Ihlaina smiled when Eve told her off the way she did. The girl had spirit, that was for sure. Ihlaina liked her.

But not as much as when Eve insulted and challenged a mage to his face.

"What will his punishment be, Eldred, and how long before it is carried out?" Ihlaina said this with impatience. She wanted to deal the punishment herself at that moment, but knew that others may not completely agree with what she might do. Besides, there were children present, and she didn't want to give them nightmares.

Techno Magician
2013-07-05, 04:39 PM
Eddie was standing outside the cell when he suddenly interjected, "The question is not why, but what he can do to right his wrong before his sentence has been carried out". Walking firmly into the jail he approached the mage "It is too late for you to make amends in this life, but if you have information that can help us stop more of these atrocities. Perhaps the gods will be kinder then otherwise when you appear before them."

Diplomacy:[roll0]

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-06, 12:00 AM
Adane walks into the cell with everyone else, glowering at the mage. His anger rises at the barb he sends to the children, but he does not say anything. He does nothing but stare at the mage while cracking his knuckles.

There was always another option if diplomacy failed.

Trollololololol
2013-07-06, 01:59 AM
Eldred glanced over at Ihlaina. "Well, obviously he should receive the death penalty for such an act. However, I wanted to give you all some time with him before he put him through a trial. Perhaps take care of this imbecile for us." Eldred winked.

The mage bared his pointed teeth as he eyed the party.

"Who am I? What do I stand for? I will explain. You think I'm the threat? You believe that killing me will truly put an end to the use of evil magic? There's a storm coming... and you all are not ready for it."

Eldred slowly backs out of the cell, leaving the party alone with the mage.

"He's... all yours," Eldred says as he walks out.

The mage bows his head as if in prayer and mutters in a barely audible voice.

"Beware of the Mages."

Samshiir
2013-07-06, 12:02 PM
"Tell us everything you know, mage, or your punishment will be so slow and painful that you will gladly accept whatever Hell the Gods decide to send you to when I am finished." Ihaina said coldly. She was not in a cryptic mood, and was waiting for a straight answer.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Trollololololol
2013-07-06, 07:32 PM
The mage straightens in his seat. Slightly startled by the sudden raise in voice. He looks directly at Ihlaina as he speaks.

"I am a member of the Dead Magi," he says matter-of-factly.

Before anyone else gets a chance to respond, the ground begins to shake. In moments, it becomes hard to stand (roll balance check) and the building begins to crumble. (make reflext save to avoid getting hit by falling debris)

The mage laughs hysterically as the building collapses around him.

Hazuki
2013-07-07, 09:25 AM
"You will be." Eve managed to mutter out before the ground shook beneath her feet and sent her toppling onto her back with a slight squeal, before she regained control of her senses just in time to curl up into a ball and roll out of the path of a large, falling rock. Rather than attempting to maneuver her way out of the building, she simply uttered a few words and made a few hand gestures. From above her head spawned a disc of pure silver, weaving itself out of the air until it was present, protecting her from any falling debris. "How do we get out?" She loudly asked anyone who would listen.

Casting Shield. Fluff-wise, this should totes work.

Samshiir
2013-07-07, 02:37 PM
Ihlaina falls to the ground when a rock hits her on the top of her head. A gash of red blood trickles down her red hair, and she is not happy.

She wasn't done getting information out of the 'Dead Mage' though, and wanted to make sure he wouldn't die to something as silly as an earthquake. She grabs her crossbow and aims it at the madman.

"Move, mage!" She yells at him. With a nod of her head, she commands him to go under Eve's protective shield.

Trollololololol
2013-07-07, 04:41 PM
The mage looks up at Ihlaina and smiles. He disappears from sight.

"Hey! Let's go! The whole city is under attack!" Eldred calls from outside. He waves frantically at everyone, hoping they will follow his lead quickly. He turns in fear, however, when a small group of mages surround him. He looks at the party, fear and desperation in his eyes.

PolloMark
2013-07-07, 09:52 PM
Christian shrugs off the debris and runs after Eldred and prepares himself for a battle against the mages. Blood is trickling down his forehead as he pulls out his Crossbow.

"You will pay for this!" Christian yells.

Attack- Crossbow: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]
[roll2]

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-08, 11:48 AM
Adane barely notices the earthquake, standing easily though mildly confused as everyone stumbles from it. He easily sidesteps any of the falling debris, but still goes to where the shield was cast.

"What?" He darts outside, drawing his greatsword as he goes. The very second he sees the mages surrounding them he bellows in incredible fury and charges them.

Entering rage as a free action. Then Adane charges the nearest target, different from Christian's if its possible. He uses Power attack also, and doesn't suffer a penalty due to furious focus.

Attack: [roll0]

Hazuki
2013-07-08, 11:57 AM
"Ooh, a still and silent invisibility. That means he's probably a little more powerful than I thought; but not by much." Eve muses as people take to hiding beneath her shield to safely leave the building, something she doesn't mind much, as long as none of them got to die; especially not her friend, who she had noticed taking a decent hit. As she gets outside, she rolls her eyes at the mages, as she utters a few words that allow her to take to the air, scarf billowing behind her as she does so. "You guys are amateurs!" She berates the mages surrounding the warrior. "Why surround him? That leaves you open to attacks on your area, and getting more than one of you at once! And guarantees that at least one of you is gonna go down, even if he's slow! And you're not even flying! You're gonna get your face stabbed by that guy," She points to the charging Adane. "Because of it! Not so smug now, are you?"

Casting Fly on herself.

Jormengand
2013-07-08, 12:34 PM
Raine rushed out to aid the effort outside, chucking lightning at some attacker or other. She would fight for this city's safety; that much was certain, and no-one was going to get in her way.

Sarah was less concerned about the city in the immediate moment, and more concerned about the mage trying to kill Eve. She stood up to the mage, and prepared to attack.

It is time! Go!

Those who were watching might have seen a half-dragon descend from somewhere. Several magi, indeed, turned to him. "On another day, I might have let you live." He raised a hand, and four of them were immolated. "But I'm kinda in a hurry. Would you guys let me through?"

Initiative:
Sarah:
Raine: [roll1]
???: [roll]1d20+lots :p

Sarah protects Eve as a swift action. She also readies a full-round action to whack the mage if he tries to do anything that would a) harm someone or b) move him somewhere where she can't hit him:
[roll2]
[roll3] (+3 if mage attacks eve)
[roll4]
[roll5] (+3 if mage attacks eve)

And any necessary AoOs:
[roll6]
[roll7] (+3 if mage attacks eve)
[roll8]
[roll9] (+3 if mage attacks eve)
[roll10]
[roll11] (+3 if mage attacks eve)
[roll12]
[roll13] (+3 if mage attacks eve)

Whenever hit, mage takes a DC 13 FOR save or is dazed for one round. Eve gains +1 CIR to AC until I stop guarding her or I move out of range and SR 12.

Raine casts ball lightning on some poor attacker, because it's funny.[roll14]
[roll15]

A mysterious figure attacks...

...and he deals a lot of damage!

Samshiir
2013-07-08, 01:02 PM
Ihlaina runs outside, crossbow at the ready to fire against any hostile- or shady looking- mages.

Activating Bane vs. Mages (Assuming I can do so?)
Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]
Rapid Shot Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] + [roll6]

Anytime she hits a caster with a ranged attack, that casters Concentration DC is increased by 2 for one round.

Techno Magician
2013-07-08, 09:14 PM
Eddie had dodged the rolling debris and quickly rolled to his feet when he saw some mages surround eldred, clearly hostile he figured it would be his best bet to face them with his trusty mount by his side. He had left it outside to await his return.

Figuring the most sound strategy would be to both get mounted and stop anyone from casting spells he called out to his horse to come to him, and readied to rush any caster using a spell.

init: [roll0]
Tell animal to use trick [come]
ready an action to move next to any enemy casting a spell(so they provoke)

Trollololololol
2013-07-08, 09:53 PM
After rolling for the mages (which I rolled collectively), they all rolled a 1. A natural 1. Not a good start...

Sarah rushes over to protect Eve. She slashes at a nearby mage and deals 8 damage to the wizard. The wizard falls over with a grunt.

Nearby, Ihlaina takes a quick shot with her crossbow at another wizard. The Wizard takes a total of 17 damage and falls over immediately.

The last wizard cringes as a "mysterious figure" comes in and deals enough damage to kill it instantly.

"Wow! Thank you so much for helping me there! Unfortunately, those wizards weren't the ones causing the problems. I believe.." Eldred is cut off as the dirty Mage appears in the center of the group.

The Mage looks at the party and smirks. "Time to go."

You blink and find yourself in the heart of a wilderness. Desert stretches out to your left, a mountain to your right, a body of water before you, and a forest behind you. You aren't sure what happened, but you know you need to return and protect Celli... and you need to hurry before it's too late!

Samshiir
2013-07-08, 10:27 PM
Ihlaina is frustrated very quickly. With the changeup of adrenaline pumping from the combat seconds before to a sudden peaceful environment, she kicks the ground beneath her, casting sand into the air. Then she kicks the ground again. Then again. She drops to her knees, and yells into the sky.

Celli is being destroyed, and there is nothing I can do about it right now!

She then relaxes and forces herself to calm down. She unloads and slings her crossbow over her shoulder. The girl looks at her surroundings to try to identify where she is.

Survival check to locate where I am in comparison to Celli, if we are even remotely in the same area: [roll0]

If Pass and Ihlaina knows where she/Celli is: She stands and starts walking in that direction with confidence.

If Fail or Ihlaina does not know where she is: She sits in the sand and lets hopelessness take over. She grips a fistfull of sand with both hands.

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-08, 11:28 PM
Adane halts, all ready to enter his rage and kill mages finds himself disappointed that they had been teleported before he could get one good hit in. He resheaths his sword, and looks over the party. To the young members he says. "Are any of you hurt?" To the others he says "Where are we?"

Trollololololol
2013-07-10, 12:54 AM
Ihlaina:
With your check, you realize that you are currently standing at the Four Corners. The only part of the world that connects four completely different landscapes in one central location. Because of the degree of difficulty to get there, not many bother to travel here. Celli is actually located on the other side of the mountain.

Night begins to fall on the party as they are forced to stop for the night. It is getting late, and it doesn't take any special knowledge to know that travelling in the wilderness at night is a death wish.

PolloMark
2013-07-10, 12:58 AM
Christian straightens his posture after Adane speaks.

"I'm fine. I'm just ready to catch the mages who did this and slaughter them!" Christian declares.

As the rest of the party converses, Christian walks over to Eve.

"Hey... you okay?"

Hazuki
2013-07-10, 07:31 AM
Even as she's teleported away from the battle, after seeing most of the mages get their butts firmly kicked, Eve's mind is solely in analyzing the situation, rather than the desert they've found themselves in. That spell had to be at least of the highest magnitude, unless he'd practiced some unique techniques, which were generally inefficient, but workable. A fascinating experience, all in all, especially with that mage flaunting his power so flagrantly. The fact that they were lost didn't do anything to cheer her up, however.

The young Abjurer, still hovering in the air, moves over towards Sarah as Christian approaches her and flashes a grin in the boy's direction. "Yeah, I'm okay! Everyone got out okay, and we got to learn all about the mages that have been running around; mainly that they don't know how to fight. How about you?" While maintaining conversation, she draws a thin glass wand from her robes and swishes it against Sarah, hitting the young woman with a small dose of positive energy to heal her wounds. "And you, Sarah? No curses or anything?"

Casting Cure Light Wounds on Sarah for [roll0] healed hit points.

Jormengand
2013-07-10, 11:55 AM
Raine swore as her sister disappeared before her eyes. She turned to see the person she least expected. "Pedro, what the hell is going on?"
"I don't know, but we need to defend the city," the half-dragon replied, his eyes changing colour as he did so. He looked around, and as if to prove his point, several more magi appeared. "I apologise," he told them, before raising his hand and watching as three dropped dead. He rushed forwards with Raine casting spells behind him, and drew his sword.

The dead god Pedro carried remained silent. It was, after all, dead. Wasn't it?

Sarah got up uneasily, and grabbed Eve's hand to pull herself up. "I... I'm fine thanks." She smiled at Eve, and hugged her, starting to cry. "I feel so bad. Now Raine's gone, and that man... I never even knew who he was but he saved me. And now you're the only person I have left." She looked up a moment, at Ihlania. "Except Ihla. But Eve, I thought of you as part of my family, even though you weren't really, and now everyone else has gone. I... I..."

She looked strained, as though there were something she was dying to tell her friend, but she said nothing more and kept clinging to her.

Techno Magician
2013-07-10, 12:56 PM
Eddie stepped forward towards the group, "I suggest we go to sleep immediately, so we can leave as early as possible, if we need watches I can go without sleep for the night so we only have 8 hours total rest time, however I will admit I am not the most observant person, so I might miss enemies approaching."

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-11, 12:09 AM
"Don't be foolish. You, and I can watch for three hours, and Christian can watch for two hours. That way the young women can get fully rested. Sarah and Ihlaina look like they need it. How are you Eve. doing alright?" Adane sits down.

"I'll take first."

Samshiir
2013-07-11, 02:32 AM
"I'm not some little girl that needs to be tucked into bed, read a bedtime story, and get her full nights worth of beauty sleep, pal. Give me second watch." Ihla didn't even look at Adane, but was obviously addressing him.

I suppose I need to stay with these people if I want have the slightest chance at saving Celli. I can do a lot by myself, but I will likely get killed eventually. If I stay with the group, we can accomplish a lot more. Ihla turned around, halting her march to Celli, and began to prepare herself for sleep during the night.

PolloMark
2013-07-11, 05:00 AM
Christian smiled at the opportunity to watch. He would get the chance hopefully to impress the cute girls. Without saying a word, Christian readied himself for the watch and went to bed.

Trollololololol
2013-07-11, 06:07 AM
After a quiet night, the party awakens and find themselves face to face with the mountain. The sunlight illuminates the path ahead and shows a small rope bridge in the distance.

Techno Magician
2013-07-12, 10:45 AM
As Eddie had decided to stay up longer then otherwise needed, he was sure he would start feeling groggy as the day went on, but luckily the gods had given him province the ability to restore his energy at the same times as his wounds. "Shall we head out, I suggest we make a hastened march, if anyone gets tired feel free to ride Mr. Hoof here, as the pace will not tire him out" As Eddie motioned towards the horse beside him.

Looking towards the younger members of the group "Perhaps you could all fit in the saddle, as that would greatly increase our rate of travel. Though first we should cross that bridge, as the horse might have a difficult time if it has riders" Eddie motioned towards the bridge in the distance, and started heading in that direction to check the bridge out.

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-12, 10:48 AM
Adane wakes in the morning, eats. Then nods in agreement with Eddie. He follows the man as he goes to search the rope bridge.

Hazuki
2013-07-12, 10:54 AM
Confident in the knowledge that Sarah was safe, and Sarah confident in the knowledge that Eve was momentarily safe, the two of them slept well. Eve re-prepared a few of the spells she'd spent on the previous day, having went into something of a slump when her spell of flight had ended, while Sarah attempted to calm herself in the face of the situation she found herself in. It was lucky that most of them carried most of their supplies, else they wouldn't have had anything to sleep on.

Eve shifted her outfit to one that would better protect her against the dangers of the new environment and began to speak to whomever would listen, though she suspected only Sarah would. "That mage man has mastered spellcasting, by the way. Which means that there is at least one other person as skilled as him in the Dead Magi, and somebody even more skilled leading them, assuming he was using proper grammar, I mean. So we should probably not make our presence too well-known; because I don't think I can easily counter his spells, even if some of you can."

PolloMark
2013-07-12, 11:04 AM
Christian, still slightly groggy from his two-hour watch, let out a long yawn as he prepared his items for the day. He then drags behind Eddie, Adane, and the others as they made their way to the rope bridge.

Trollololololol
2013-07-12, 11:20 AM
The party passes the rope bridge, with hardly the problem. The bridge is strongly secured and hardly shook while everyone walked on it. Feeling relieved that that was over, a small town is now the only thing between the party and the mountain. The town seems to be comprised of all stone buildings.

Samshiir
2013-07-12, 11:27 AM
Ihla stopped halfway across the bridge to spit over the edge, just to watch it fall.

Trollololololol
2013-07-12, 11:32 AM
It fell a great distance. A great distance below you a river runs peacefully.

Techno Magician
2013-07-12, 11:43 AM
Eddie continues towards the village but activates detect evil as he approaches.

Trollololololol
2013-07-12, 09:30 PM
Eddie:
You detect evil on the town.

You continue your way to the town. A lone figure waves you over, and as you get closer, you see that it's a Dwarf. It becomes apparent that the Dwarf is terrified as his waving grows more and more frantic.

Techno Magician
2013-07-13, 02:34 AM
"Be careful, there is evil about" Eddie says bluntly, as he moves to take saddle on his horse. "Excuse me but i will be needing Mr. Hoof for what appears to be an upcoming battle".

Hazuki
2013-07-13, 04:05 AM
"You guys are all boring. Just saying." Eve announces as they come to see the flailing Dwarf and none of the members of the group have engaged in conversation, save for Sarah. "And you don't know it's evil, you winged goat. They could have just lost their water supply to a thunderstorm or something." She snarks back at the Paladin, looking thoroughly bored with this progress and the company it kept.

PolloMark
2013-07-13, 06:23 AM
Christian laughed at the "winged goat" comment. He loved nothing more than a good insult.

"Yeah, you winged goat!" he repeated. Eddie shot Christian a glare, which promptly quieted him. Christian simply began trudging towards the Dwarf, leading the rest of the group.

"So what were the rest of you doing in Celli anyways?"

Techno Magician
2013-07-14, 06:05 PM
Eddie was not impressed, they did not have time to fool around, they must travel swiftly if they want to help the people of celli. "I was returning the kindness I received in my youth", and then turning to eve "It is unlikely my senses deceive me, though it is possible, just be careful".

Hazuki
2013-07-14, 06:15 PM
"Well, I was just relaxing with a mug of ale, after being tossed out of a city being struck by an earthquake by an insane mage... But you telling me to be careful has changed all that! What a wise goat-man you are." Eve retorted to the man, looking quite frustrated as she did so. Of course she would be careful; that was what her job was.

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-14, 11:34 PM
"Stop insulting the paladin. He can see evil, so obivously something around is evil. And stop being a brat." He smacks Christian to make him shut up.

Adane keeps walking with the group, and does not bother to reply to the question about what he was doing in the city.

Hazuki
2013-07-14, 11:38 PM
"Isn't it funny, how the children are the one making coherent arguments, while you wave around the age card to make up for your own incompetence?" Eve says to Adane, watching him smack Christian with no small amount of disgust in her eyes. "And you even beat people when you don't get your way! My, my, what a curious little bastard you are, you Hell-forsaken, breach-born son of a whore."

PolloMark
2013-07-15, 06:01 PM
Christian took the smack from Adane and shot a glare in return.

"You better watch your back, gramps!"

Christian looked over at Eve and Sarah and shook his head in frustration. Then, he simply marched to the Dwarf standing at the edge of the town.

Trollololololol
2013-07-15, 06:07 PM
As the party approaches, the Dwarf seems less excited about the party's arrival, as his excitement quickly fades. He has a wrinkled face and darker features.

"You all don't seem like you're able to help us... I guess we'll take what we can get for now. The name's Brutus Steinhammer. I'm the leader of this town," the Dwarf greets as he scratches his forehead.

"We've recently been attacked by a mage. It... was terrifying. As he killed our people, he began turning them against us. We've run him off for now, but now we are left with trying to clean up the mess. We are desperate."

Brutus looks over his shoulder at the town behind him, where a small group of Dwarves are picking up pieces of debris.

"Well, would you be willing to help us? We'll take all the help we can get?"

Techno Magician
2013-07-16, 02:03 PM
"Well we happen to be in a hurry, but if there is anything we can do in passing I would be more then willing to lend aid. When you say control those he killed, i am thinking necromancy am I correct?" Eddie thought for a bit, sure the city was also in need, but they had guards and many other defenders, while this town had no such defense, any militia they could put together was sure to fail. Turning to the group "I think we should do what we can here, perhaps afterwards the locals can lend us a cart to expedite our travels anyhow."

PolloMark
2013-07-16, 06:51 PM
Christian looked over at Eddie with a slight look of shock.

"How dare you! This man just told us how his town was decimated by a mage, and that they are desperate. Surely you do not intend on leaving them to fend for themselves!"

Christian looked over to Eve and Sarah, hoping to get some support. He looked over to Brutus and gave an encouraging nod.

Hazuki
2013-07-16, 07:23 PM
Eve scoffed at Eddie's behavior, shaking her head at the sheer gall of him. "Some Paladin you are, goat-man. You blatantly ignore a man assaulting somebody for no reason, then you say that one of your reasons for helping innocent people is because they'll give you something? The standards of the Gods sure have gone down, if people like you are their champions nowadays." She gave a pitying shake of her head.

"Why don't you and the bastard run along now, and let those who actually give a damn help these people?"

Trollololololol
2013-07-16, 11:23 PM
Brutus watched as the party argued and waited a moment to let everyone cool off.

"Perhaps we are better off on our own..." he muttered to himself.

Brutus looked over the party, his silver eyes darting from person to person. He looked over his shoulder at the destruction behind him and then turned to face the party, then he let out a frustrated sigh.

"I suppose we can use your help with clearing out some debris..."

As Brutus looked to expect nothing from the group, a scream came from the streets. Brutus ran towards the scream only to find that undead Dwarves had cornered all his remaning people. Brutus looked over to the party, fire burning in his eyes.

"Are you with me now or not?"

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-17, 01:21 AM
"I'll tell you children one more time. Do not speak to the Paladin in such a way again." Adane said plainly, irritated by their constant braying, and incredibly wrong conclusions. "You..." Adane was cut off by scream. Before Brutus could even speak Adane was charging into the conflict, pulling his blade out as he ran.

PolloMark
2013-07-17, 06:43 AM
Without saying a word, Christian drew his bow and fired two shots at the undead Dwarves.

Attack- [roll0]
Attack2- [roll1]

Damage- [roll2]
Damage2-[roll3]

After firing his arrows, Christian hides in a nearby bush.

Hide- [roll4]

Samshiir
2013-07-17, 07:57 AM
Ihlaina drew her crossbow and chanted a small prayer. She was a lot calmer than usual when she did, almost like in a battle trance, except that she wore a grin on her face like she was being soothed by the experience.

"Forces of Light, give me the strength to slay these foul creatures."

Ihla's green eyes quickly turned as red as her hair as she finished the prayer and lined her shot up with an undead dwarf and took two shots at it.

Swift Action: Activate Bane to Undead.
Move Action: Draw Crossbow
Standard Action: Rapid Shot

(+3 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 MWK, +2 Bane -2 Rapid Shot = +8 to Attack)
(Bane gives +2 Enhancement bonus and +2d6 damage to Undead)

First shot: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Second shot:[roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

Hazuki
2013-07-17, 09:43 AM
"Go **** yourself, criminal." Eve says to the truly ignorant Adane, but stops herself from saying anything more while there are undead somehow cornering civilians. This man defending them should have been able to defend them better than this. Regardless, she swiftly weaves a spell beneath the feet of the undead and stands within Sarah's line of sight.

Sarah urges Eve to move forward with her, each of them getting closer with the former's protection aiding the latter, as Sarah slams her Lucerne Hammer into the nearest undead's face.

Eve casts Grease beneath the largest gathering of the undead/

Sarah protects Eve as a swift action, followed by attacking the nearest Undead.

Attack: [roll0] Confirm: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]

Attack: [roll3] Confirm: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]

Techno Magician
2013-07-17, 11:37 PM
Eddie luckily on horseback, charges into the fray lancing the largest looking undead in the group.

Attack:[roll0] damage: [roll1](x3 spirited charge) edit: so 57 damage

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-18, 03:27 AM
Adane continues his charge from his previous post.

Charging at nearest undead with a Power attack while entering his rage and using his Greatsword [roll0]

Trollololololol
2013-07-18, 06:22 AM
Total Zombie Dwarves: 6

Ihlaina- 23
The young woman shoots at one of the terrifying Zombie Dwarves and hits it square in the head for a total of 19 damage, killing the Zombie Dwarf instantly.

Total Zombie Dwarves: 5

Sarah-22
The quiet girl makes sure to protect her best friend before running after the nearest zombie. With two vicious blows, she deals a total of 18 damage, dropping the Dwarven Zombie.

Total Zombie Dwarves: 4

Brutus-20
Brutus seems to be distracted by something and disappears in an alleyway. He yells for the party to save his people before disappearing into the dark alley.

Eddie- 19
The horseback-riding Paladin charges into battle and swings at the largest Dwarf in the group, a towering 4'1 male Dwarf. He deals a total of 57 damage. The Dwarven zombie practically explodes after the attack, disintegrating the evil creature.

Total Zombie Dwarves: 3

Dwarves- 17
Seeing a gap in the zombie wall, the living Dwarves (a total of about 6) make a run for the nearest building and lock themselves inside.

Christian-11
Christian fires his bow at one of the remaining zombies and hits it directly between the eyes for a total of 17 damage. The zombie falls backwards in a puddle of blood.

Total Zombie Dwarves: 2

Adane- 9
Adane furiously swings a zombie, hitting it for a total of 21 damage. The zombie gets chopped in half, and the pieces fall to the floor.

Eve-6
Before the final zombie can make a move, Eve casts Grease under its feet, ensuring that any movement will be exceedingly difficult.

Zombie- 0
The final Zombie makes an attempt to attack the nearby Adane. Of course, it has trouble walking along the suddenly-greased surface.

Acrobatics- [roll0]

It manages to get to Adane and attempts to slam him.

Attack- [roll1]
Damage- [roll2]

Begin Round 2
Remaining Dwarven Zombies: 1

Brutus rushes in from the alleyway, a look of sheer terror in his eyes. Shortly behind him, a bald-headed man smiles menacingly at the party. He has a thin gray mustache and thick eyebrows.

"More potential soldiers for my army! Prepare to die fools!" The necromancer roars.

(OOC- Initiatives are still the same. The necromancer has a 5 for his initiative, so he will be going after the party.)

Hazuki
2013-07-18, 06:37 AM
Eve makes a tutting noise as the energy of her spell is wasted. "I shouldn't have wasted that energy. Alas." Eve hums to herself as the Necromancer appears, raising an eyebrow at his confidence in himself as she casts a spell to shield her allies from his effects.

Casting Communal Protection from Evil with one minute each for Eve, Sarah, Christian, Ilaina, Eddie, and Brutus.

If the Necromancer casts a spell on anyone but Adane, Eve burns a Turn Attempt to immediately Dispel Magic it. She Takes 10 on the check, for a Dispel Magic result of 22.

Trollololololol
2013-07-18, 06:42 AM
If the Necromancer casts a spell on anyone but Adane, Eve burns a Turn Attempt to immediately Dispel Magic it.

Trollolololololololol!

-OOC

Hazuki
2013-07-18, 06:52 AM
Trollolololololololol!

-OOC((Oh, right. The correct term is "counterspell". My bad!)) - OOC

Samshiir
2013-07-18, 07:45 AM
Ihlaina takes a few more shots at the last remaining dwarf.

"Lords: Put this foul creature to rest."

Swift: Judgement of Justice (+1 to Attack)

Standard: Rapid Shot

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage [roll4] + [roll5]

Techno Magician
2013-07-18, 09:40 AM
Eddie wheels around for a second charge, this time at the necromancer displaying obvious hostility. "May your next life be more just" Eddie yells out, as he activates Smite Evil. Eddie making sure to end his charge right behind the necromancer as to threaten him from behind.

Smite Evil
Ride-by Attack
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (x3)

Jormengand
2013-07-18, 12:57 PM
Sarah stands ready to defend anyone who needs it, while making sure she stands in front of Eve. Up until this point, she had been largely ignoring the conversation, but she did not ignore the ensuing combat.

Guards self (while keeping Eve guarded) as swift action, prepares FRAA on "If enemy moves in range" as a full-round action, steps forwards 5 feet as a free action.

PolloMark
2013-07-18, 06:00 PM
Slightly nervous at the sight of the Necromancer, Christian pulls out two arrows and fires them at the evil wizard.

Attack- [roll0]
Attack- [roll1]

Damage- [roll2]
Damage- [roll3]

He then hides again in his hiding spot.

Hide- [roll4]

Trollololololol
2013-07-18, 07:25 PM
OOC- Sorry I didn't have this up sooner, but here is the basic map of the battlefield. Looking at the attacks done so far this round, I don't see any issues with character placement. If you would like to change something, feel free to edit your move for this turn.

(This map is accurate as of the beginning of Round 2)

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aps6qRy4Ve3hdEtBajlxa25neXhTdGhKU0VSbHdES lE#gid=0)

Trollololololol
2013-07-19, 11:00 AM
Ihlaina-
Ihlaina calmly readies her bow and, with a quick prayer, fires off two arrows at the last Dwarven Zombie. The zombie lets out a final roar before collapsing to the ground, motionless.

Total Dwarf Zombies: 0

Sarah-
Has made sure to protect herself.

Brutus-
The Dwarven leader viciously swings his Greatsword at the Necromancer. His eyes are filled with fury as the blade flies to the evil mage.

Attack- [roll0]
Crit Confirm- [roll1]
Damage- [roll2]

Eddie-
The horse-riding man storms to the Necromancer and dishes out a total of 69(!) points of damage. The Necromancer is shaken pretty badly from the attack, and looks ready to fall at any moment...

Christian-
The young man tenses at the sight of the Necromancer, but quickly reacts by firing off two arrows. They both connect for a total of 18 points of damage.

Adane-
Adane stops to readjust his trousers.

Eve-
The young girl has cast a spell to protect the party, challenging the Necromancer to cast a spell.

Necromancer-
Seeing Adane distracted, the Necromancer takes this opportunity to do some damage. He shoots of a Fireball at the unsuspecting man.

Fireball- [roll3]

After getting pierced by Christian's arrows, the Necromancer staggers back two steps before falling to the ground. Blood begins pouring out of his body as silence fills the air. Brutus looks back at the party with a sigh of relief.

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-19, 02:47 PM
Adane walks up to the necromancer and stabs him through the heart to make sure he is actually dead. He leaves his rage feeling a bit calmer than he had previously.

Techno Magician
2013-07-19, 03:21 PM
Eddie activates detect evil and starts to scan for any more undead in the area.

Trollololololol
2013-07-20, 06:44 AM
The Necromancer is dead, and any searches for undead turn up empty. The streets are silent, save for a soft breeze. Brutus eyes the party and lets out a slow exhale.

"Thank you all for the great help. I really doubted you, but I couldn't have done this without you. Please stay for dinner. My people would greatly appreciate it."

Techno Magician
2013-07-20, 10:25 PM
Eddie responds to Brutus, "I would prefer to continue moving if at all possible, We where unwillingly teleported here from Celli during an attack from unknown mages. So if at all possible could we perhaps acquire a cart or carriage of some sort, It would greatly aid in lowering our travel time".

diplomacy: [roll0]

Jormengand
2013-07-21, 10:30 AM
Sarah bit her lip. "Perhaps we should stay at least a while. Let's be honest, even with Raine and that weird dragon guy, there's no way in the Nine and beyond that our town is intact. We need to rest, and eat. Why not here?"

Samshiir
2013-07-21, 11:54 AM
Sarah bit her lip. "Perhaps we should stay at least a while. Let's be honest, even with Raine and that weird dragon guy, there's no way in the Nine and beyond that our town is intact. We need to rest, and eat. Why not here?"

Ihlaina pointed her finger at Sarah's eyes from a distance. "Don't you say that! Celli is still there, and we need to get there to make sure it remains intact!" She began her words with a forced vengeance, but by the time she was finished, her words were diminished.

Who am I kidding? Celli is gone... She dropped her arm that held the finger pointing at Sarah. Ihlaina's gaze fell to the ground.

Jormengand
2013-07-21, 02:05 PM
Sarah shook her head. "You don't believe it any more than I do, do you?" She walked up to Ihla, and put her hands on her shoulders. "Don't worry. The mages have probably got whatever they're after, and everyone will be okay." She moved forwards, and awkwardly put her arms around the inquisitor, before starting to cry.

She didn't believe that, either.

Trollololololol
2013-07-22, 05:54 AM
Brutus watches the party, still slightly confused. The small group of Dwarven residents start making their way out of the stone building and towards the party.

Brutus clears his throat. "So... are you staying... or going?"

Jormengand
2013-07-22, 07:16 AM
Sarah pulled herself together, and turned to the dwarf. "I think we should stay. Thanks for your offer, we'd be grateful to accept." She shot a meaningful glance at the paladin, and continued. "We need to rest anyway."

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-22, 02:37 PM
"It's only been a day. Celli's still there, though probably thoroughly damaged." Adane tried to soften his words so Sarah and Ihlaina would know he was sincere. Though mostly from a pragmatic angle. It took awhile to destroy a town completely.

Techno Magician
2013-07-22, 10:04 PM
"It appears to have been decided, any fighting will have ended by now anyways, should just be rescue efforts and damage control." Eddie sighed, It wouldn't be easy to travel through these lands, let alone by himself. Besides he would really like to help out any injured. Turning towards Brutus "I thank you for the kind offer, I have no need of food, however if there are any injured here I will be more then glad to heal what injuries I can"

Trollololololol
2013-07-22, 11:50 PM
"Why thank you all so much!" Brutus beams. He waves over a Dwarven woman and quickly orders her to prepare a feast. He then looks back over to the party. "By the way, you said you were on your way to protect Celli? You do realize that Celli was destroyed years ago... right?"

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-23, 12:08 AM
"Really? How long ago and how many times?"

Adane is vaguely non-plussed by this development. But most likely it would all make sense on a full stomach. Especially if he ate the Paladin's share.

Trollololololol
2013-07-23, 12:13 AM
"Why it couldn't have been more than 5 years ago. It was devastating! There were a couple of sporadic attacks before that from some mages, but a time came when the mages simply destroyed the entire town. Not a soul was left," the Dwarf replies.

The female Dwarf from before approaches the party with a gentle smile.

"Dinner is served," she announces before turning on her heels and walking back into the small building.

Jormengand
2013-07-23, 05:08 AM
Sarah whispered calmly to Eve. "Right, do you have any clue what sort of spell might shift us forwards in time? By five years?" While perplexed by the situation, she was not about to go insane.

She slightly wondered what Raine and that half-dragon had been doing for the past five years.

Hazuki
2013-07-23, 05:16 AM
With Sarah's question, Eve suddenly snaps back to reality, having been pondering how the Necromancer could have been slain so easily while his minions had been at least as difficult to destroy. She turns to Sarah and offers her a smile, pondering for a few brief moments. "I cannot give you anything without further investigation, but I would speculate that we weren't thrown forward through time; rather that we were put into a form of stasis for five years and have only recently been released. Perhaps the mage sought to lock us in the depths of the earth, and his death released us, or he stored us in a plane, and our positions were suddenly shifted, or all manner of explanations for how we might have came to be here. There's simply no way to narrow it down."

PolloMark
2013-07-23, 10:05 AM
Christian, still terrified from his encounter with the living dead, follows the Dwarven lady to dinner.

Upon hearing that Celli was destroyed 5 years ago, strikes Christian as beyond confusing. What happened to us?

Before walking into the small building, he looked back at his party. He was truly alone now... and these people were the only people he had left.

Samshiir
2013-07-23, 11:23 AM
Ihlaina, upon learning that Celli was supposedly destroyed years ago, began to look for evidence of that much passed time. She looked over her hands and felt her face and the length of her hair to see if anything was different.

-If she can find a mirror, she will use that to examine her face and hair, as well.

Trollololololol
2013-07-23, 04:14 PM
Brutus leads the party into the dining room. Bright lights illuminate the entire room so a shadow would not even be under the table. A long table with twelve chairs on either side stands in the middle of the room. Food seems to be overflowing on the table, threatening to fall off over the sides. A wide variety of meats, cheese, vegetables, and (of course) ales cover every inch of the table, so there is barely enough room for everyone to set a plate down.

Brutus smiles to the party and waves them to the table. "Eat my friends, and enjoy!"

Ihlaina:
You find a mirror on a nearby wall and quickly run to check yourself. A beautiful young woman stares back at you. It doesn't appear that you've aged at all.

AaronGrimstone
2013-07-23, 10:49 PM
Adane immediately sits down at a random spot at the table and begins to devour whatever food he can reach. He does not use such weird devices as plates, or forks unless the food's consistency absolutely demands it. He does make sure to control how much food he eats, as other people are at the table.

How could five years past like that? This is what he got for getting involved with magic again.

PolloMark
2013-07-23, 11:52 PM
Christian took a seat at the far end of the table, as far away from Adane as possible, and began eating as much food as he could fit in his stomach. While munching down on the food, he couldn't help but think about the mysterious time jump. Judging by the looks of the others, they were just as confused as he was. Christian looked over to Brutus, who was stuffing his face with meats and ales.

"These attacks happened 5 years ago? That's impossible. We were just there yesterday!"