PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing power points through feats

Seer_of_Heart
2013-07-05, 04:50 PM
I have an idea for some shenanigans involving psychic classes and colossal animated objects but to do that I need to maximize the colossal animated object's power points. I could get the colossal animated objects a power point pool of 13 with all their feats but the first level feat being psionic talent. Can someone more well versed in psionics help me optimize their power point total.

Spuddles
2013-07-05, 05:06 PM
How are you getting an animated object feats?

Seer_of_Heart
2013-07-05, 05:10 PM
Awaken construct... wait :smallfrown: ugh even though its permenencied it specifically bars animated objects. Shoot, that's what I get for not checking every single component of my plan before I post.

Emperor Tippy
2013-07-05, 05:58 PM
Awaken construct... wait :smallfrown: ugh even though its permenencied it specifically bars animated objects. Shoot, that's what I get for not checking every single component of my plan before I post.

Have the Animated Object use Craft Contingent Shapechange to take the form of a non intelligent Undead creature. It's then a valid target for Awaken Undead and thus gets an Int score of 1d6+4.

When the Shapechange ends you have an Animated Object with an Int score.

Now make an Ice Assassin of it to regain the "always obeys me" trait.

There are a number of tricks to get infinite feats but they are all quite cheesy.

---
You have 11 feats. Have the first one be Hidden Talent. That gives you 2 PP and a single first level power. Now spend 10 feats on Psionic Talent for an additional 77 PP (and 79 PP total).

There you go.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-07-05, 07:09 PM
Have the Animated Object use Craft Contingent Shapechange to take the form of a non intelligent Undead creature. It's then a valid target for Awaken Undead and thus gets an Int score of 1d6+4.

When the Shapechange ends you have an Animated Object with an Int score.

Now make an Ice Assassin of it to regain the "always obeys me" trait.

There are a number of tricks to get infinite feats but they are all quite cheesy.

---
You have 11 feats. Have the first one be Hidden Talent. That gives you 2 PP and a single first level power. Now spend 10 feats on Psionic Talent for an additional 77 PP (and 79 PP total).

There you go.
I was about to ask how you got so many PP until I realize I misread psionic talent :smallsigh:. But yes, I already planned to have the ice assassins as part of it.

Spuddles
2013-07-05, 08:22 PM
Be an erudite StP thrallherd with two metamind thralls. Your higher level thrall is an Ardent using Practiced manifester to get access to 9th level powers.

Fuse with one thrall, the other manifests Affinity Field & Synchronicity. Use your new font of power ability. You have a minute of infinite pp. Manifest linked power Synchronicity & Fusion to Fuse each one of your 163 followers. This costs 8200xp. Recoup it with a Thought Bottle.

You are recovering your psionic focus via Synchonicity echoing in two Affinity Fields- your other thrall gains a Synchonicity with each Synchronicity you manifest, which it uses to manifest two linked Synchronicities back to you. You have a geometric expansion of actions.

Each follower is an old gray elf psion that has had all its feats chaos shuffled into Psionic Talent. You paid for the xp component using an affinity field, Font of Power, and a Sanctum Spell Extract Pain.

Once you have Fused with all your followers, you now have a power point pool of 1,115,893.

Of course, you have infinite actions and power points for as long as you spam linked power synchronicities.

And people say Psionics is more balanced than arcane magic :smallbiggrin: