PDA

View Full Version : A question about Incarnum

inuyasha
2013-07-05, 07:37 PM
If you have a soulmeld or chakra bind on your hands, you can still use a weapon right? This is probably an immensely stupid question, I just wanted to know :)

Grod_The_Giant
2013-07-05, 07:39 PM
Yes, you can. The list of magic item slots (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm#magicItemsOnTheBody) only deals with the body; the number of weapons you can wield is a separate system.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-05, 07:39 PM
Yes. A soulmeld bound to your hands chakra occupies the glove slot, so you couldn't wear gloves of ogre strength +2, for example.

inuyasha
2013-07-05, 07:41 PM
Ah ok :) thanks! I might be making homebrew incarnum stuff and that just popped into my head

Psyren
2013-07-05, 07:44 PM
Yes. A soulmeld bound to your hands chakra occupies the glove slot, so you couldn't wear gloves of ogre strength +2, for example.

Note that you can actually wear some items over a bound soulmeld - you just can't benefit from them. For example, the Acrobat Boots soulmeld melds into your feet, allowing you to wear boots over it. This can matter if, for instance, your boots become unshaped by a monster.

Big Fau
2013-07-05, 07:48 PM
Note that you can actually wear some items over a bound soulmeld - you just can't benefit from them. For example, the Acrobat Boots soulmeld melds into your feet, allowing you to wear boots over it. This can matter if, for instance, your boots become unshaped by a monster.

And there are some items that work even while a soulmeld is bound to the chakra that item occupies (Incarnum Foci and that eye thing in the MiC, for example).

Chronos
2013-07-05, 10:09 PM
And if you have a soulmeld shaped on a chakra but not bound to it, it doesn't interfere with your magic items at all.

Metahuman1
2013-07-05, 11:22 PM
And you can spend feats, one feat per Chakura you do this with, that will allow you to bind a soulmeld to a chakura, but still wear and benefit form a magic item while the Soulmeld is bound to that chakura.

For an additional feat per chakura, you can bind a second soulmeld, leaving you with 2 bound soulmelds and a Magic Item on the same Chakura. Course, this would eat your feats pretty fast.

But with an inexpensive Magic Location and PHB II's retraining rules or a friendly Psionic Manifestor or spell caster to use Reformation or Dark Chaos Shuffle on you respectively, you could do this for the cost of the gold and the time to all your Chakura's, which I'd imagine could get pretty powerful.