PDA

View Full Version : completely overpowered RAW

Somensjev
2013-07-05, 07:39 PM
i was wondering what people have seen that seemed interesting

i guess i should be more specific? think of efreeti farming, thought bottle shenanigans, or almost anything ever posted by tippy

obviously i know how to populate a plane with gating creatures, how to get insane amounts of wish, and of course, efreeti bottles to get more efreeti bottles, i also vaguely remember something tippy did, i cant remember it exactly, but it included shapechanging into a zodar, getting a thought bottle, changing back, then back into the zodar, and getting a scroll of ice assassin of an aleax of you, but after that i cant remember, so if anyone knows the details that'd be usefull :smallbiggrin:

GlorinSteampike
2013-07-05, 08:12 PM
I remember that Zodar trick, but I never try to remember the details of stuff like that just in case I happen one part of the trick, I might want to go through with it in game and it'll just cause all kinds of wasted time when the DM gets to the end and goes "Ok, you get unlimited stats. Hand me your character sheet."

If we're talking past editions at all, Wight farming and Gold stealing in 2ed comes to mind.

3.5, Cowering. That condition is ridiculous. Its only appropriate that monsters become immune to mind affecting in later levels or else fear builds will reign supreme. Fear rules in general are totally broken and the immunity issues are the only saving grace.

Warshaper infinite appendages. (Plus epic feat Storm Throw for super fun times)

For that matter, just about anything that qualifies you for warshaper. There's some race that shifts into a house cat.

Incantatrix. I know this thread was probably supposed to be about rulings, but Incantatrix man.

Channel Spell(via Ordained Champion or Spellsword) + Antimagic field. AoE spells now only affect the target of the attack

Construct Cleric + Divine Metamagic + Persisted cloud spells. Don't have to breath? Don't have to worry. Original source: Warforged Artificer + Wands of cloud spells and force cages.

TuggyNE
2013-07-05, 08:13 PM
There's a ton. Start with RACSD's list of fixes (some of them are for underpowered RAW, some for wacky RAW, and some for merely unclear, but a fair number are for overpowered abilities), and then go into Top Ten Worst. Then MinMaxBoards has a whole section (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?board=27.0) for TO exploits.