PDA

View Full Version : [M&M3E]Operation: Ragnarok[DCU Villains]

buddy
2013-07-06, 08:10 AM
Earth-104, Summer of 2013;
News report via TV/web/radio:

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/128/7b0e.jpg

"Good morning from WorldNewsNetwork - here's our breaking news! Last night, several members of the infamous 'Legion of Doom' were captured trying to sneak into the Justice League's space station, the Watchtower!"

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/1397/c3om.jpg

"The creepy crooks were corralled by the League and handed over to the authorities. But they wont be reunited with their normal boss, because Lex has seemingly turned over a new leaf!"

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/2637/43im.jpg

"In the last week, Luthor has personally & very publicly donated millions to numerous charitable organizations around the world. He's also participated in several conferences with business leaders, stressing his new commitment to serving "a more harmonious global vision." Lex also hinted at a possible joint venture of Lexcorp & Wayne Tech, but, as usual, Bruce Wayne himself was unavailable for comment. Wayne Estate curator Alfred Pennyworth and WayneTech CEO Silas Fox, when asked for comment at Gotham Yacht Club, were speechless ...."

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/5237/fym3.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/7016/8ptx.jpg

"Almost in reply to Luthor's efforts, Superman & the Justice League held a press conference this morning from the Washington Monument where they assured critics that they were dedicated to preserving global peace & would expose Luthor in short order. The broadcast was quickly followed by a Presidential address from commander-in-chief, Sarah Paylin ....."

http://imageshack.us/a/img845/9008/bvvf.jpg

" ..... while praising the JLA, Paylin questioned the need for vigilante-action & she cited the 'influence' Checkmate, an international law-enforcement agency, has had on the recent drop in super-crime."

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/355/6vdn.jpg

" ..... in other news, secretary of Defense Amanda Waller is to receive a lifetime achievement award from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point today for what alumni have labelled "her tireless defense of true American values from the faceless agents of Anarchy."

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3065/tdi1.jpg

"Waller & other government officials had no comment in regard to reports
of an alleged leak of Top-Secret DoD files onto the internet, which detail the existence of a new military weapon of mass destruction designed to target superhumans ......"

http://imageshack.us/a/img838/3809/zbkf.jpg

" .... on a lighter note, Khandaqi President-for-Life Black Adam is reported close to signing an unprecedented treaty of cooperation with Atlantis, the undesea kingdom of longtime amphibian champion, Aquaman!"

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/5438/dncf.jpg

" .....a possible dispute over Khandaq's alleged whaling activities have slowed down negotiations. (the report displays older file footage of Black Adam punching Aquaman through an oil rig) .... (a Booster Gold commercial promoting a "Performance-Enhancing" energy drink begins)"

"And thus I clothe my naked villany
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ,
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil."

Introduce your villains doing what they do best, adding a reaction to the invitation to Switzerland, and their eventual trip/arrival at Hotel President Wilson (remember the meet is at midnight). There will be celebs, 'elites', security & a small gaggle of reporters in the area. The forecast calls for clear skies and temperatures around 22° C (72° F).

This game-world is a mix of the DCU prior to "Infinite Crisis", our real Earth, and whatever we come up with. Since we have multiple start points for the villains, Players set the initial atmosphere, then I'll follow with Geneva. Any questions, just ask & let's have fun!

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-06, 03:21 PM
ASHTON and FIERA
Condition: Normal/Normal.
Victory Points: 1.

The scene looked downright homey, even cheery, the two siblings sitting together on the couch and laughing breathlessly at something on the television. Fiera was practically doubled over, head in her hands. Ashton was about two inches from falling clean off the couch from nearly a minute of utter hysterics.

" .... on a lighter note, Khandaqi President-for-Life Black Adam is reported..." the news report had gotten to by the time they collected themselves.

"Ah...gee...well, I guess," snicker, "that means he won't be needing us anymore." Fiera joked.

"Oh yeah clearly. Probably no," snort, "need for dragon mercenaries now that Luthor's making amends with his-his," Ashton couldn't even finish the sentence before devolving into another brief fit of chuckles.

Look, the two didn't know Luthor that well. He had kept his contact with them pretty minimal for the past few months, and even before that he was more "the scientists' boss" than anything. Still, they'd seen (and read) enough to agree with the JLA on this one.

The invitation came to their business email, an account secured behind basically a mess of forwards and proxy servers. Switzerland, huh? Ashton replied that they'd be there for the meeting.

No need for travel arrangements or much rushing. Concentrating on the supernatural power of dragonflight, a dragon could fly overland at incredible speeds. Add that to jet engines, and the two scoffed at the sound barrier. They left the day before the meeting was scheduled, reserving a room at the hotel beforehand.

On that day, they shifted to draconic form, though maintaining human size, as they took to the air, growing to their natural size once they were high enough up. They flew at speed, about ten thousand feet up, still not so high that they couldn't keep generally oriented with their draconic eyesight, though they did have to slow every so often to see any landmarks as anything more than a blur. Nonetheless, it would only take a couple hours for them to get to their destination.

They'd go down as they went up, first shrinking to avoid causing a panic (but really, would it be so bad?), flying down to a secluded location and shifting back to human form. They'd head to the hotel, scout it out some (paranoia isn't a personality quirk for dragons, it's an innate racial power), and assuming nothing seemed off or proved annoying, check in and spend the night, ready to join the meeting the next day.

I'm...assuming we're in "strict fluff, nothing's going to happen before the meeting" mode, so just posted long. Correct me if not or if my assumption that the meeting is a few days from the invitation is incorrect.

Also, notes to self for future purchases: Rapid vision, GPS, some form of flight (or at least some kind of enhanced movement, sheesh) for human form, maybe some sort of alternate power to Growth to keep Toughness up or something...

Orbiter
2013-07-06, 04:05 PM
Embers
C:Normal, VP:1,

Normally Embers would lay low fuse with some people and leave the town, or get down from the stage as he likes thinking of it. Not this time, this time he was getting his claws into cars and throwing them to the police, normally they don't even try getting in his way, for some reason they decided that they would try attacking him, their weapons barely doing damage and he had already downed one of their flying weapons.
Still he ignored them and jumped more almost half a mile away, close to where his target was.......a Coven of wizards living in an old building, he jumped again and smashed his way in, ten minutes later the police were there to find parts of the building painted red and nothing to indicate who was inside, the news reported on the mysterious way Embers disappeared this time without wrecking as much havoc.

_______

The invitation for Embers required whoever sent it to think carefully, if Embers believed a vampire was behind of this then he would come to assimilate whoever sent it, if a mage was behind this then he would go to evaluate them before double crossing them. Lastly if he found the manners lacking or had no interest in the invitation there would be complications for those involved.

Thankfully Embers knows some people who must have advised whoever sent the invitation because there was a bound vampire for him to assimilate who in turn actually had the invitation in her memories, as well some plane tickets in her pocket to get him to the country, for Embers just the gracious manners of whoever wanted to see him were enough to get him going fast, so he kinda made the rest of the coven disappear in the building. And then he found someone, to kill and take their passport as well identity and leave the country.

He was in Switzerland the same day and each day he took a new form as he walked the streets mostly bored and taking a whiff as to what he should expect from the country. In the end however he couldn't wait much more, especially since its very boring when you cant sleep, so he opted to check in with the hotel and try mingling as well messing around with the minds of other people, perhaps he would morph multiple times and create an elaborate intrigue of sorts, perhaps take someones form and use it to have some fun.

But for now he simply entered his room to try and brainstorm a good plan to use in a couple of hours with his new alias: Jason Bourne from the book one of the minds inside of him had read. His current plan for next time was to be James Bond complete with his famous form, apart from getting interesting reactions from the humans it would be interesting to get to experience how those secret agents live like.

Hope i kept it pg =P and its only fluff no supers were harmed(do small time mages and bound vampires in shifty buildings count as supers i need to roll for?).
And gracious manners for him are sending him a gift(to eat/assimilate) as well the prefered way to reach whoever he needs to speak with otherwise it simply means he can come in the meeting or talk to whoever wished to reach him however he likes.

Before you ask he doesn't do many mercenary works(instead he is sometimes fed rumours about magical stuff and so long they prove to be a bit true he will do what you ask(create a bigg ass diversion, but he can do subtle as few know and keep silent about, he is like a Samurai :smallbiggrin:).

Anyhow he is ready in a couple of hours he is gonna be taking famous people out (not assimilating or dead...just unconscious), their forms will be used to do.....stuff and generally troll/mess with people as well try to weave some intrigue using what he knows.
But because that could get long, i could say he forgot his plan(happens) and simply waited the meeting in his default form not caring who is around of him (probably has happened).

greenpotato
2013-07-07, 12:13 AM
Sturmzauber.

Within a lonely castle nestled on top of a bavarian mountain a single man sits in a unusually appointed study. Red is the color of the drapes and a large frame holds a portrait of the most famous of german leaders.
The man opens an envelope and reads the invitation contained within.
"Switzerland, where would I be without Switzerland and their wonderful neutrality when it comes to the political leanings of their banking clientele? Elsewhere a bar of gold with a swastika would raise an eyebrow but here, in wonderful, neutral Switzerland everyone is equal. Even those who are more equal than others." The elegnat young man mutters to himself as he leans back in his leather chair. "Hmmm, I will go, I will see what this meeting is and if it can be turned to my own ends"

And the next day a freak bolt of lightning strikes a tree in a little used Swiss park, a few hours later the reclusive nobleman Großherzog Heinrich Eichel manages to slip into the Hotel President Wilson past the paparazzi and book a luxurious room.

tbergman92
2013-07-07, 02:09 AM
Taran
Condition: Normal
Villain Points: 1

Taran sat at the top of the Eiffel Tower, the lights of Paris flooding the night sky around him. He was cloaked, of course, and contrary to what you might expect, he was not admiring the view. Instead, he was staring at a worn photo in his hand. He came here fairly often--it was only a few moments away, after all--and he usually spent the time gloating over his latest plot or conquest.

Occasionally, however, he would come here with a photo--this one, with his father and sister playing with his little brother--or with one of two other photos. And he would grow increasingly melancholy, or angry, or oddly content--depending on which it was he held. Lately, he'd been spending more time here looking at the photos, and less gloating over his victories--which seemed increasingly hollow as time passed.

His phone vibrated in his jacket pocket, startling him from his reverie. It was a text from Jenna--informing him that her flight had been delayed, and that she wasn't going to be getting in until the next afternoon, at the earliest. Taran sighed. I really hate it when she's gone for longer than a day or two.

Of course, he could be with her. It would take nothing more than a thought to bring himself to her, but that would mean either more lies, or the truth--and he didn't know how she would react to what he could do. She already knew of his less than legal activities, of course, but she had never asked exactly how he enacted his plans. He knew the day was coming when he would have to tell her about his powers, but he was doing everything he could to delay that day for as long as possible.

Lost in thought, Taran put the cell phone and photograph away. Stepping forward off the metal brace he was standing on...

----------------

...his foot landed in his apartment. He shook his head briefly to compose himself, and noticed a white rectangle on the floor. Bending down, he found an unmarked envelope. His curiosity piqued, he opened the letter contained within. It was an invitation of some sort--something about a meeting at the Hotel President Wilson, tonight. As he began to think through the pros and cons of attending the meeting, Taran looked at his watch, and realized he needed to leave very soon if he wanted to make it to Switzerland in time.

Well, it does give me something to do while I wait for Jenna...Why not. Decision made, he turned, and disappeared again--he had less than a minute to get to the meeting room.

----------------

A few short seconds later--some of them spent in a few uninhabited forests en route his final destination--Taran materialized, concealed, in the meeting room at the hotel; and after recovering from the teleport, prepared to begin reading the minds of the others in the room. Beginning with the one who looked as if he were in charge, of course.

So, beginning at the move action of that final "round" of actions there. After arriving in the room (move action), Taran free action switched his array from Teleport to his defensive enhancement, which activated as a no action, and then he took a second free action to sustain his concealment, and in place of a standard, a free action to switch from Mind Control to Mind Reading.

I realize that I'm a little ahead of the rest in game time, at the moment. I'm not trying to rush--this is just where Taran took me--the post sort of wrote itself, if that makes sense. :smallredface:

ginger ninja
2013-07-07, 10:28 AM
Eidolon

Leah was on a ladder, stretching to reach a book for a customer. I really need to master that telekinesis spell. She thought to herself as her fingers slid off the spine. Sighing, she climbed down and slid the ladder over. After she finally managed to retrieve the book she rung up the customer and wished him a nice evening.

This bookshop is a waste of time. I know Miranda thinks it's good for me to deal with people on their level, but we could be spending this time gaining the power I need to reclaim my homeland. It's not like we need much money. Leah griped in her head as she began to organize some of their new acquisitions for shelving. She was fond of the place, the old building provided a feeling of comfort, and when it was just Leah and Miranda in the back after they locked up Leah felt almost safe. She knew it was an illusion, she'd never be safe, not as long as her former master and Fate were still around.

The little bell over the door dinged as someone entered. "Miranda, can you get that? This new batch of books -" She stopped as the bell dinged again when whoever it was walked back out. Curiosity getting the better of her, Leah went up front to find an envelope on the counter. It was an invitation to a meeting in Geneva. "What's that?" Miranda asked, coming up from the basement. "I've been invited to a meeting at the Hotel President Wilson. They're offering, well, here, take a look. Leah replied, handing the letter over.

Miranda looked the letter over. "Are you gonna go?" She asked, with a worried look in her eyes. "I don't think I can afford not to. If there's even a chance they can come through on their offer I have to at least check it out." Leah said, her face splitting into a charming grin as she continues. "Don't worry, I'll be careful."

----------------

So for the next couple of days Leah did her best to work ahead at the bookshop. One of the many drawbacks to the place was that she hated to leave Miranda to do everything, but occasionally it was unavoidable. Finally she told Miranda that it was time and left, disappearing and appearing in Paris. She noticed a little wine shop during her momentary layover. I should pick up a bottle for Miranda and me on the way back. Fancy wine makes everything better. She thought before disappearing and reappearing in Geneva, about 3 miles from the hotel. From there she left the physical plane, dropped her human guise, and made her way to the meeting room, arriving about an hour early to see what all was going on.

Teleporting from London to Paris to Geneva (because London to Geneva is juuuust outside of my range. I'll need to work on that.) Then switching my array over to ethereal jaunt to gain total concealment against all senses except tactile and make myself completely incorporeal (which incidentally gives me total concealment against tactile senses as well) and flying the rest of the way to the hotel, arriving at about 11:00 PM to see if Eidolon can't figure out some of what's up. Eidolon is in her natural form while ethereal.

Also, I know I'm not going to be playing Miranda most of the time, but I figured it was okay for the intro. And if anyone took Sienna as a speech color lemme know and I'll change Miranda's

HopeHubris
2013-07-07, 04:16 PM
Solar

The walls of the observatory explode inward as they are impacted by numerous small asteroids, a hooded figure entering on an asteroid of his own.
"You will all pay for your part in the grievous misclassification of Pluto!"
Solar shouts as a small sphere, one that looks rather like a scale model of Pluto, stops in its orbit and floats over towards him. The miniature planet forms into a glove as it reaches his hand.

Solar extends his arm, a blue glow emanates from his palm, enveloping one of the scientists, then another, shrinking them as it does so, until they are so small that they can no longer be seen with the naked eye.

"More of you will receive this fate until Pluto is restored to its rightful position as a true planet!"

Satisfied that he has made an impression, he returns home.

When he arrives, he notices an invitation to some sort of meeting in Switzerland, not having anything better to do for a while, he decides to see what it is about.

Good thing I don't need to eat or drink anymore, this could take a while
He thinks, flying out at his paltry 60 mph, stopping only to sleep.

As he approaches Geneva he drops his altitude, significantly, activating Neptune, which expands out to 60 feet in diameter, becoming more and more translucent until it fades out of sight completely, taking Solar with it.

Flying invisibly into the meeting room, Solar awaits the sender of the mysterious invitation.

The glove basically looks like this:
http://wikiguides.neoseeker.com/w/i/wikiguides/thumb/6/6e/X_Gloves_Ver_Vongola_(Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn).png/170px-X_Gloves_Ver_Vongola_(Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn).png
But with a lighter blue and this symbol in the middle of it
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Pluto%27s_astrological_symbol.svg

buddy
2013-07-08, 01:06 AM
Everyone:

The Hotel President Wilson, Lake Geneva, Switzerland!
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/3866/nppr.jpg
Built on Lake Geneva, President Wilson is a pearl of Switzerland, attracting the richest of the rich for play and pleasure. Steps away from the world-famous Rue du Rhône, the hotel offers an alpine view, set against the wide spires of Mont Blanc. The Wilson, as some refer to it, is both exclusive and perfectly-inclusive at once, inviting guests of all stripes for a once-in-a-lifetime luxury treatment. Their Spa La Mer was legendary in its own right.

Black and white stretch-limos pulled up to the hotel, with billion-dollar footsteps exiting the car and strolling to the entrance. It was night - dark night with very little paparazzi to stain the setting. Black-suited security personnel dotted the area, keying ear-mics as they covered their clients; 2 of the youngest billionaires on the planet wavered in the lobby, keeping their eyes on Paris Hilton,
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/5311/8q0u.jpg

who was on-site and incognito (poorly) as she worked the concierge for driving directions. Arnold Schwarzenegger,
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/8678/dzpt.jpg

padded the area with a drink, pointing at and confronting any villains who enter the lobby in a drunken stupor. And, Bruce Wayne
http://imageshack.us/a/img22/6629/wy31.jpg

inebriated & jovial, moved across the lobby with a ..... recent acquisition, doing his usual best to avoid cameras (yeah, right). There are tons of Super-Model-esque women wandering the room, glancing at the villains warmly ....

Billionaires harrassing the villains who enter the lobby should be expected & you can RP it any way you want (have fun)

The Royal Presidential Suite (https://www.google.com/search?q=hotel+president+wilson&client=firefox-a&hs=pwj&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=40DaUZSTNpLc9QTw94CQDQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1138&bih=532#client=firefox-a&hs=XIP&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tbm=isch&q=hotel+president+wilson+presidential+suite&revid=150492486&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.eWU&fp=5aced1a5861a989b&biw=1138&bih=532&imgdii=_)
The meeting room itself is ...... spectacular. The elegant suite fit for royalty comprises of four bedrooms, a 26 seat dining area, six bathrooms, a billiard table, a fitness center, a private elevator, a library as well as a Steinway grand piano. At over 1,000 square-feet, this suite has the equipment for additional safety features such as bulletproof windows, panic buttons and armored doors which makes it the perfect place to stay for those privacy-seeking celebrities and ministers. However, despite all these safety measure, you are always sure to risk the chance of getting photographed while sunbathing on the terrace rooftop! (taken from bornrich.com)

The main room is loaded with portable tables of the finest foods in the world, all prepared to perfection. Three serves fly around the room and attend to the villains desires on command. Food, alcohol, cigars, changing TV stations - whatever you want. At the back of the suite near a window, a young-ish looking man in a suit is having a heated discussion with none-other than Alexander Luthor! Luthor points at the man and scolds, while the brunette fellow grimaces and looks towards the entering villains. There's whispers and more gestures, then the man leaves Luthor to a tray of wine-peppered shrimp. Another man sits very relaxed in a far chair -
http://imageshack.us/a/img209/1725/sjz4.jpg
U.S. Assistant Department of Defense Director Vernon Hodges watches the villains enter and curls his neck while crossing his legs in his seat. All of you know the man has been around since Vietnam. A decorated veteran, Trilateral Commission member, and Wall Street stalwart, Hodges has been said to be a man who would sell his only child if the effort would further a war. You know he's cold, frank, and decidedly-manipulative. A few years ago, Hodges fought off allegations that he had ties to the global Nazi party and is seen by most Americans as "that veteran in Government fighting for Democracy". God Bless him.

The young man,
http://imageshack.us/a/img33/4792/mtq3.jpg
humbly welcomes the arriving villains, while offering them delights from the many food trays. Shark Fin soup, Masa Toro with caviar, New York strip-style steak, Caviar Pizza, Lobster Frittata, gold-leaf Italian Cassata, L'Oeuf de Poule, Samundari Khazana Curry, and the world's finest sushi (to name a few). The prepared desserts and drinks are well beyond even the imaginations of common folk. The villains can dine/drink at their discretion.

The young man seems discombobulated,

"....Hello, I ..... welcome to the Wilson! Um - Switzerland? Right. So, enjoy the prepared meals and drinks, please. At no cost, of course!"

In the rear of the room, Luthor eats a shrimp while eyeing Ashton & his "well-paid-[BLEEP]-you-Lex" Dragon-Riders ...... a soft ballad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ID1vy9COU) plays in the background as the wait staff mouths the lyrics to themselves, swirling around the villains, attending their needs ......

Leaving a space here for PC reaction before going on .......

tbergman92
2013-07-08, 02:02 AM
Taran

Taran carefully sidesteps around the other villains in the room, snagging sushi and caviar from the food trays, as well as a cigar and glass of scotch from a waiter who was walking toward Luthor. As he grabbed them, he laughed internally at the obvious confusion on the face of the server as the specially requested alcohol and nicotine were suddenly no longer there.

Let's see him explain that to Luthor. Taran grinned, though few, if any, could see him. He continued his journey, partaking of his food, until he reached a chair directly behind infamous assistant director of the DoD. Finishing off the last bite of caviar, he sat down in the chair and simultaneously ceased actively concealing himself from the other villains in the room.

"Hello there, Vernon. How's the wife?" Taran's voice though seemingly innocent for the greeting, took on a menacingly uninterested tone for the question--one that would make any normal man immediately scramble to find a phone and call to check on the family member mentioned.

As he spoke, Taran attempted to reach into Hodge's mind, and read the inner thoughts he didn't dare speak aloud.

Mind Reading on Vernon. For Ease of Reference: DC 22, subtle 2, insidious, cumulative, effortless. Additionally, Sustain Defensive Enhancement.

greenpotato
2013-07-08, 02:05 AM
Sturmzauber

Having been in the hotel for some time before the meeting Sturmzauber manages to avoid the decadent frolicking downstairs and goes straight to the luxury suite designated for the meeting...

Dressed in a sharp black Hugo boss suit the handsome Großherzog Heinrich Eichel enters the meeting room, he seems unimpressed and when he is welcomed so ineptly he responds with an arrogant tone; "What a poor reception, how unprofessional to greet distinguished guests in such a faltering stammer. If you are in charge here might I suggest you tell the staff not to sing to this dreadful music, it shows a lack of respect and professionalism and I expect a far better standard of help from such a renowned hotel" The slight twinge of a disgusted sneer starts to manifest on his statuesque face but it is quickly suppressed. "The invitation was promising but now that I am confronted by such moronic and inept servants bumbling around, maybe there is nothing here for me after all. Make me a scotch and dry"

Orbiter
2013-07-08, 02:10 AM
Embers
Con:Normal, VP:1

In a twist of dark humour Embers had taken the appearance of.....the joker....nah, although it was tempting to do so just to mess with the humans he dint do it, besides he knew few stuff about joker, no the form he took was that of Jason Bourne a well built rich and good looking man and had traces of James Bond in a sense....mostly the hairstyle.

Deception roll i belong here and no one believes i am not human or a villain.
Until Embers tries taunting someone:
Decepticon roll! er: [roll0]
Morph 4 +20, Skill+16
Har i wonder if anyone would even beat that.

Now that was what Embers was talking about as he entered he saw those drunk idiots "Heeeyyy man come here wanna have a drink wiht us buddy?" that human was...wobbly and the other looked like he was about to puke, scratch that he was puking now. "Err i think il pass perhaps later."

Before the man could retaliate Embe- er Jason Bourne walked past him with an air of confidence and with a short glance around of him and after sharing a short but dirty look with Bruce Wayne's recent...friend he moved on to the suite.
And that suite was grand!........by human standards and for a moment Embers was reminded about his own party back home that he was in before that bomb or whatever sucked him to this dimension. Thats when he noticed the perfect target to ruin his own act, Vernon Hodges this was gonna be fun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ0LKX2tF5M).

Moving nonchalantly Embers approached him and just before speaking and ensuring he had his attention he spoke to him "Greetings Sir, i would like to remind you that i am due to visit your wonderful country and rip your and most peoples innards out, now have a nice party."

Rawr Intimidation [roll1]
Embers should never be invated to parties. XD
Did ya see what i did there?

Now that his little fun was done he moved around, there were others here...villains that he could see, mostly because they hid so bad or at least some of them hid thinking they could trick his eyes. Emb- er Jason Bourne took a sip from the wine in his hand and eyed the rest of the people bored and simply waiting, he was a bit bored, but he was making a plan.....too bad he probably shouldn't attack anyone yet, perhaps later.
He also passed by the stumbling dofous and moving by one of the windows to look at the grand view, probably one of the few things worth looking at.

And a perception roll to see everyone around here :smallamused:
More rolls later perhaps
[roll2]

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-08, 02:38 AM
ASHTON and FIERA

Fiera did spend some time mingling in the lobby before the meeting. Not exactly a recognized member of high society (and those that had heard of her knew her as a mere mercenary), she was generally subtly snubbed by the A-listers. She found it more amusing than anything...especially since their security was showing the proper respect. She paid particular note to the ones who unobtrusively went to look out the windows and up at the sky when they recognized her. She and her brother didn't exactly kill themselves hiding their true natures, but neither did they shout it from the rooftops. She hoped the ones canny enough and dedicated enough to put in that level of research were being paid what they were worth.

The dragon they were concerned about, as it happened, was in their room awaiting the meeting, having little desire to interact with mere humans, however wealthy and famous they may have been. As the appointed time drew near, he went to pull his sister from her entertainment, half-listening as she regaled him with the gossip. He never had really understood great displays of wealth, even back with Ruthus. To a dragon, wealth was something to have, to hoard, to keep safe. Advertising it was just begging to have it taken.

Although he had to admit, as they arrived at the meeting and quickly accepted some tasty morsels from the attentive servers, it did have its perks.

The two ran the various people they saw through the databases that they had implanted into them, before putting their processing power towards their various cybernetic senses. Initially, they gave Luthor no more a glance than anyone else, but when they noticed him watching him, Ashton dropped the pretense and headed his way. Fiera split off to go about playing with the funny little mortals, as Ashton called it.

"Luthor," he greeted politely. "I wasn't aware you had a hand in this little gathering. I suppose that means this is, in fact, a charity event?" There was a teasing tone in his voice, remembering the news report bringing a flickering smile to his face, but to his credit, he withheld laughter.

ginger ninja
2013-07-08, 03:29 AM
Eidolon
Victory Points: 1

Eidolon watched as the others entered, listened as the small talk began. Finally she grew bored with watching from the ethereal and found a corner to remove her wings and step back into the physical world somewhat unobtrusively.

She then ... well, slinks is probably the closest word for what she does as she moves to a chair, draping herself against its frame elegantly as she snags a glass of champagne from the tray of one of the waitstaff. Her face is impassive as she takes in those gathered, just the barest hint of a sneer touching the corner of her mouth when her gaze passes over the Nazi.

Taking a sip of her champagne, Eidolon finally speaks up. "Well gentlemen, you've gathered us here, and while I'm sure your company is scintillating there must be a reason for it. While I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else, I'm curious enough about what it is that I'd even risk being rude and ask you straight out what it is without engaging in pleasantries first." As she talks, a grin that is both charming and somewhat predatory spreads across her face, only reaching her eyes at the word 'curious'.

Eidolon's not really taking any special precautions against being seen when she deactivates Ethereal Jaunt, she's just doing it in a corner to be out of the way. She's currently in her natural form, except that she doesn't have any wings.

Also greenpotato, if it's not fairly reasonable for Eidolon to know that Sturmzauber is a Nazi then just ignore the mention above and assume she doesn't have a reaction to anyone.

Eidolon's array is currently set to teleport, she's ready to get the **** out of there if things go south.

HopeHubris
2013-07-08, 05:29 AM
Solar

Satisfied with the questions the others are asking, Solar remains invisible, looking around the room, but not seeing anything of interest.

Bloody hell, why is he drawing this out, just tell us why we're here already...
Solar thinks to himself, getting a tad impatient as he waits for the response to Eidolon's question.

buddy
2013-07-08, 01:35 PM
Taran the Wanderer:

Hodges doesn't even look your way, maintaining his trademark Grimdark expression,

Jane's just as delightful as the day I met her on the Ohio River. Ever been to Ohio, Taran? It's a magical place. Thanks for asking by the way -"

The grizzled plutocrat leans towards you and whispers,

"- and how's your brother .... young Matthew? Rumor has it he had a run-in with an alien ..."

Reaching out Telepathically, you sense a tremendous psychic barrier that repels your mental investigation!

He sits back and draws his cell from within his suit-jacket. Looking at it, then at Taran, he follows with,

"Do you really think I'd walk into a room with a mind-reading criminal unprepared? Let's assume here that there's only one true Superpower in this room. Enjoy your drink."

Hodges moves to stand in response to ......

Sturmzauber:

The nervous fellow fumbles in his suit-jacket momentarily and the music comes to an abrupt end. He then turns to the staff, clapping his hands to hurry them, and the Großmeister is served. The man nods at you,

"My apologies, sir. I .... haven't been in a room with real super-people. I mean I've been briefed extensively, of course. It's just ..... I never imagined ..... you all seem much more - commanding - in person. Is all. Sir."

Embers:

Hodges is just moving from his seat when you greet him and he responds as you wander towards the windows,

"Excellent, and we welcome the visit. But, the same reason your trip to our great nation would be ill-advised is also the reason we're all gathered here tonight."

PM upcoming.

Ashton & Fiera:

Lex sips from a wine glass while sneering at you. If looks could kill ..... Luthor looks you up & down,

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.' Have you been tampering with my upgrades? You were fitted by a higher mind for a higher purpose, one that comes to fruition sooner than you conceived. And, this isn't my party. I wasn't even invited, but, when learning of it, well - curiosity got the best of me."

Eidolon, Solar, & everyone else:

The younger man turns to the servers, thanks them and they exit the room. He then fumbles again with something in his jacket, turns to look at Hodges, who nods, and then the young man addresses the villains,

"Um, first, thank you all for responding to our invitation. We have a unique opportunity that requires people of extraordinary capabilities. Um, I should note here that this suite is now sealed against any and all forms of transmission to the outside world, for the sake of U.S. National Security. Any testimony, verbal, written, recorded or otherwise, regarding this conference to outside interests will be denied and challenged with the full might of the United States government. We appreciate your discretion, regardless of whether you accept our proposition ...."

.... the young man is visibly shaking, as he's obviously intimidated by this gathering.

quick pause for PC comments, if any.

Orbiter
2013-07-08, 01:51 PM
Embers
Con:Normal VP:1

He hand't expected Hodges to actually follow him, that wasn't in his plans, thankfully the bs wasn't interesting at all. "Hrmph i want to know the reason and it better a good one, and involve the banning of transdimensional bombs human". Ouch that had a sting in it, Embers assumed his default real form, the masquerade had fallen he was sure of that, he swallowed what remained of his drink and spoke again. This time his tone was very cheerful "Hmmm...... nice protection, at least you ain't a fool, i will give you that, i hope you dint think it wouldn't be noticed?.".

Embers looks at the young man visibly shaken..........okay it could have been a lot worse, but this was amusing, at the same time he was curious to ask one question. "Is that a challenge? or some legal mambo i dont and never cared about?... or understood to be honest.".

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-08, 02:08 PM
ASHTON and FIERA

"The technology is in normal working order," Ashton replied simply, before turning his attention to their host.

Fiera watched the shaky young man with some amusement. She wondered, given his obvious nervousness, if he had thought this thing all the way through.

tbergman92
2013-07-08, 02:13 PM
Taran

Flames danced in Taran's eyes as he prepared to turn all the air around Hodges into a raging inferno. The pain and guilt of being reminded of his brother's death was immense, and Taran was going to make Hodges feel pain as well.

As he was about to ignite the air around the man, however, he had a change of heart. He didn't want anyone to suspect the full extent of his powers, particularly this one. Hodges could wait--he was nothing compared to the real problem--J'onnz.

As Taran's rage built from his thoughts about J'onnz and what happened that night, his outward appearance calmed, though his eyes remained hard. He would get his revenge on J'onnz, and then he'd make Hodges suffer as well. I've heard losing a family member can be very painful--particularly if you have to watch. I'll repay you for the pain you brought up in me today, Hodges. Just wait. Taran refocused his attention on what was being said by the bumbling young man, though he really couldn't care less about the legalities of the situation.

buddy
2013-07-09, 02:12 AM
Everyone:

.... after a short pause while he takes a sip of bottled water, the younger man continues,

"Okay! Yes, Mister Embers, the reason. We're definitely not here to discuss confidentiality. Here's the reason .... lights!"

The room lights go out leaving the room in near darkness, except for illumination from outside lighting, but this also fades in seconds as the windows tint until there room is shrouded completely! Those who can see in complete darkness watch the man stumble, feeling for a chair or wall, before he comes to a stop and digs his hand into a pocket .....

.... the darkness is immediately replaced with a holographic image which fills the entire room, as if the suite had become a large movie screen! The images are instantly-recognizable: the Justice League of America! The heroes are shown in various video footage, battling a variety of criminals, both human and superhuman. Superman. Flash. Green Lantern. Wonder Woman. The Manhunter. Batman. Each member of the JLA displayed in vibrant 3-D and digital sound, beating the crap out of villains. Even Darkseid is shown receiving a horrific blow from Superman that sends the alien emperor sailing across Metropolis! Hodges voice cuts in,

"This a good enough reason? Earth's greatest champions, united under a banner of 'global defense' - and they're good at what they do. I mean damn good. Crime waves - no problem. City held hostage - no problem. Universe in peril - no problem. Not for the League. Heck, I remember when their roster wasn't even double digits. Back then, we were concerned, but comforted ourselves in knowing they weren't anything we couldn't handle. Even the big Boyscout - we've always had contingencies in place, just in case he went off the reservation. But now .... now, we really aren't sure just how many of them there are. And now, we have ourselves a very pressing dilemma - one that everyone in this $65,000 a-night room can identify with ...."

".... no thanks to people like yourselves, the League just keeps growing and growing, gaining more and more power to meet the challenge. Strength in numbers. While not tactically-invincible, it's a worthwhile strategy. But when just one of your soldiers can decimate an entire army, the game changes - irrevocably. Someone once wrote, 'Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.' But, how does one make demands of these people? More troubling, over the last few years, the League has taken to making their own demands, pushing the limits of 'civil authority' to the point of Vigilantism. They no longer consider the sovereign, Democratic governments of the world as an ultimate authority. Rather, they do as their power allows them. The Law, our grand social contract, becomes an after-thought, and this is wholly unacceptable."

The younger man's voice cuts in,

"Um - less than a year ago, DoD, working with Checkmate and our allies, initiated an operation which would, hopefully, level the playing field, so to speak, with the JLA. Drawing intelligence from *cough* 'select assets', DoD was able to identify a grouping of bournes .... um, targets, that provide the League key advantages over global peace-keeping organizations ..."

" .... Authorization was then granted for the second phase of the operation, which involves the *clears throat* formation of a team of specialists. Persons with extraordinary capabilities who would carry-out *clears throat* clandestine operations in exchange for a negotiable fee, as well as other 'immunities'. Due to the nature of the assignments, said contract-agents would have no true governmental sanction and in the event of - um - arrest or incapacitation, the United States government would deny any connection ...."

He takes another sip of water, as images of the League's recent arrest of Legion of Doom members flash across the room .....

The meat is next, but another quick pause for any player input.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-09, 03:18 AM
ASHTON and FIERA

Fiera almost laughed, and glancing across the way, she caught her brother wearing a contemptuous smirk. It's the rise of the sorcerer-kings all over again, isn't it? she thought, shaking her head.

She supposed she had to give credit where due though. At least the humans of this world realized what was going on and were taking steps to counteract the process.

tbergman92
2013-07-09, 03:42 AM
Taran

Ha! They're scared. And they want us to take out the League's network, so they don't have to worry about it anymore. Then, when we get caught, they'll burn us. It's the perfect plan for them--the League won't be able to connect it to them, and the job gets done more effectively, and more cheaply, than if they tried it themselves. Taran betrayed none of his thoughts to the others in the room.

He mused on the idea briefly, and, despite the risks, decided that it was a good way to piss off the League, and thus, to piss off the Manhunter. Anything that could draw out J'onnz was acceptable to Taran.

Orbiter
2013-07-09, 05:39 AM
Embers
con:Normal, VP:1

Embers was smiling aww he brushed my inquiry off. Still their plan was interesting "Thanks for the compliment Hodges, and........Well i will admit all the villains here you have gathered are pretty strong, and attacking the allies of the heroes is a valid strategy, still i will ask the yet unasked question, What's in it for us?, personally i got no use for the negotiable fee or the immunities, i guess the others might like all those useless stuff though, but if thats your offer i might as well go back to my hunting."

greenpotato
2013-07-09, 10:46 AM
Sturmzauber

Großherzog Eichel listens, sipping on his drink. His lips curl into a breif sneer at the "no thanks to people like yourselves" jibe but he does not interject.

ginger ninja
2013-07-09, 11:35 AM
Eidolon

Eidolon leans back in her chair, drumming her fingers lightly on the table. "Why would I want immunity from the United States government? And, frankly, Embers has a point, mortal government immunity and 'fees' aren't exactly a strong incentive for me." She pauses, taking a sip of her champagne, "don't get me wrong, I'm sure your fees can include things other than money, but if you actually had what I want then global politics would be a much different stage."

buddy
2013-07-09, 07:22 PM
everyone:

Lex whispers something to the Dragon-Duo .....

PM upcoming.

Everyone:

The young man resumes,

"Okay. What's in it for you, of course. Um, I think here you are discounting the very real power of world governments. With the JLA and Superman's ethics, worst case scenario, you end up in a prison infirmary, awaiting a normally longer sentence. Then, you plot an escape. In a world lacking a Justice League of quasi-sympathetic heroes, governments would simply contract others, like the Terminator (Deathstroke) to remove you from the board - permanently. Your only real use to the United States is as clandestine operatives. Honestly, while we expected hubris, a crystallization of the real world should be forthcoming."

The video ends with a view of the JLA Watchtower hovering in space and, as the room lights raise, Hodges' voice cuts in,

"What Special Agent Meroe is saying is, your end is continued survival. The United States and her allies in Europe, England, Russia, Japan, China, and elsewhere are more than prepared to sacrifice our citizenry in order to exterminate the threat you folks pose to us. We will have order - our order - at all costs. Never think otherwise. Do you really think we don't know where you are? S**t, I didn't want this to go ****-eyed, but, you need to see this as less proposition, and more ultimatum. You can do this for us - or humanity can forget you ever existed. Now, I need a drink."

Meroe continues,

*cough* There are four objectives. Um - the Justice League's orbital headquarters, the Watchtower, has files on every member of the League. This is required and we can provide access technology to expedite your mission. There is another extraterrestrial monument, built by Superman and located at the North Pole, which contains a bottled item we require. We have, like all the sites, coordinates for easy reference. We have identified a site just outside Gotham city, probably used by Batman, that contains a wealth of data on all known supervillains - very high-priority. The final objective is accessed via the oldest standing church in New Orleans. It opens a door, so to speak, to an area holding our principal item - an archaic weapon. Each objective will be returned to us, at the noted checkpoint within the Bermuda Triangle reflects. When you get an item, you promptly bring it to us. That, um, is the deal *cough*"

Meroe looks around at Hodges, who nods again, then the young man continues,

"The Revolving Door Syndrome: the JLA captures your kind and almost as soon as you check-in at so&so holding facility, the felons escape! Ridiculous, right? How do these villains keep eeking-out of confinement? The short answer would be: the U.S. has been busy. Like many world governments across the wide face of history, the U.S. has 'partnered' with certain criminal elements to neutralize an even greater opponent. We -"

Meroe looks around at Hodges, and the elder statesman speaks,

"Ancient Rome made her peace with miscreants and hoodlums. Such was the essential power of 'Pax Romana'. To repel the foreign threat, Italy empowered the Mafia to aid them in their national crusade. England had her company thieves and assassins that preserved the Great Empire. As a matter of public record, the U.S., via Checkmate and other intelligence agencies, has made a bed with 'strange fellows'. Order, at all cost, right? What would you do to maintain your conquests?"

"Rather than play the guessing game, Embers - what do you want here? I could care less about your simple demands. I have prime ultimatum for anything you desire - as long as the U.S. gets what she wants. Fair exchange. we get what we want, you get whatever simple-minded fluff you want, to include international immunity from criminal prosecution - for one year. Throw in a billion dollars in funds and, Gee Whiz, what could you accomplish? I know the color of my dream - do you?"

Orbiter
2013-07-09, 10:32 PM
Embers
Con:Normal VP:1
Mood: :smallamused:

Humanity can forget they existed? Embers was sneering, Deathstroke killing them? Embers was halfway laughing., but kept himself from doing so...loudly that is. He would talk at the end when all the fact would be in his mind, everyone forgets the alien from another dimension has other priorities. "Heheheh The colour of my dreams is painted in roses, pestilence and crimson death as i sing to the humans taken." Okay Embers is a nutjob watch out! he was talking with an almost fully singing voice.

"I have a simple price and that is your citizenry but i think the vampires shall do just fine to pay the price, mages too, but we shall see details to be, as for killing us death comes not easy, especially not for the Sun and the German son." Hodges must have forgotten Embers doesn't have the right priorities, and everyone knew about the two he specifically pointed as hard to kill. "Your deal sounds good to me but lay off the threats this gang" he pointed to the rest of villains. "Is hard to kill.....although i will admit i don't remember much about the Miss, but..... i shall sing to Violanta later to tell me a secret." Eidolon most likely for better or worse had Embers liking her for hiding her power well enough to his eyes, but he forgot to search to see what he knew about her.

"Anyway i am in, if others jump in the fray we will tear and roast our way, The breathless path or The lone path of cold? I know i can survive the sun, just launch me to it! or the station that is. But that cold fortress will be interesting, will the big man come himself to defend it?, oh well either way point and shoot." One nutty alien came down to earth, the skies gone boom and the land is now gloom and Embers continues singing and being generally nutty inside his head this time instead of speaking, some people would thank god he finally shuts up.

ginger ninja
2013-07-10, 11:03 AM
Eidolon

This little weasel DARES! Eidolon can't help but think before she regains control. She gives no outward sign of her thoughts. Well, let him think his threats mean anything if that makes him feel safer.

Eidolon leans forward slightly, looking Hodges square in the eye (assuming he's paying enough attention to meet her gaze). "So we help you or you destroy us? Sounds, well, not fair exactly, but you don't care about fair. Once again, I can't speak for anyone else, but mere survival isn't much of a concern for everyone. Either we're confident that we can survive whatever you throw at us or we just don't care whether or not you can succeed. So you've shown us the stick Mr. Hodges, but where's the carrot? A year of legal immunity and mortal funds are all well and good, but I think you can do better." She says, calmly draining the last of her champagne whe she finishes.

tbergman92
2013-07-10, 02:02 PM
Taran continued to sit in silence. He didn't really care what they were offering--it was a chance to attack the JLA, which meant there was a good chance he would show up at some point to take care of the problem. And that's all Taran wanted, really--revenge. He'd take the job in the end, of course, but for now, he was content to let the others drive up the price a bit.

He did have one question, though. "What about international amnesty, for past crimes? In addition to the carte blanche for the next year, of course."

HopeHubris
2013-07-10, 02:19 PM
Solar

The invisible sphere enveloping Solar shrinks down until it orbits Solar again, as a small ball of blue gas.
"Just how anything is anything?"
Solar just sits there, cross-legged on a floating asteroid, awaiting an answer.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-10, 03:50 PM
ASHTON and FIERA

Fiera found the threats in poor taste, but was as much amused by them as anything. Part of her almost wanted to reject the offer just to see how she and her brother could deal with the result. She did make her way though, quickly but unobtrusively, back over to set a hand on Ashton's arm, expecting he might not take the threats so kindly.

Indeed, where Fiera was considering the "fun" to be had by such a rejection, Ashton's thoughts were centered more on adding a new delicacy to the night's menu. Even so, he just gave his sister a smile when she came over, outwardly cool and calm as you please.

The two kept their thoughts private and pushed their urges to the back of their minds. Not out of fear, or healthy caution, or even any desire not to mess up this lovely hotel room and ruin all the food. One could argue that accepting the job would serve just as well, they Fiera would have her fun and Ashton his glory fighting the Justice League. It was true...and it was irrelevant. There was something that could convince Ashton to ignore is pride and Fiera to forego her fun. And these people had just offered a billion of it.

Worked. For. Them.

"That would be a billion dollars each, yes?" Ashton asked in smooth tones.

buddy
2013-07-11, 04:29 PM
While Hodges drnks his $1,000-a glass Brandy, Meroe responds,

Superman will probably be occupied with the rest of the League in Mexico. Yes, a full pardon for past crimes is feasible. And yes, one billion paid to each of you, individually. We're offering these things and anything else - within reason ....."

HopeHubris
2013-07-11, 04:39 PM
Solar

"If you asked me here, I assume you know what I want, if it is doable, then I am at your command"

tbergman92
2013-07-11, 10:50 PM
Taran sat for a moment, and then calmly but firmly stated, "I want the Manhunter. I don't want you to take care of him--I want the pleasure. I just want to make sure that none of his friends can join in and ruin my fun. Give me that, the money, the pardon, and the year's immunity--I'm in."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-11, 11:03 PM
ASHTON and FIERA

The twins cast each other sidelong looks, exchanged shrugs. "Make as much of our payment as you can in precious metals and gemstones, then," Fiera requested simply as their "extra perk". "That aside, I'd say we're good to go."

buddy
2013-07-12, 01:02 AM
Everyone:

Meroe looks at Solar, planets spinning around his form, and starts to speak - then stops, almost frozen. He closes his mouth after a few seconds and turns to look at Hodges. Hodges sniffs the Brandy and speaks,

If you can carry this thing out and deliver the goods to us, we can rename Pluto if you want. Name it after your girlfriend - or boyfriend - [BLEEP], I don't care. All that's important here is the objectives."

Hodges sips his drink as Meroe looks over the other villains for compliance .......

ginger ninja
2013-07-12, 01:28 AM
Eidolon

"What do you have to offer in magical research?" Eidolon asks, a small twinkle manifesting in her eye at the thought.

Orbiter
2013-07-12, 07:04 AM
Embers

Embers wasn't looking at anyone while he spoke in fact his eyes had disappeared for a moment before appearing "Ling a Long you heard me say yes, hrm we shall see if you can get what i want later, now i guess if the other are in, we should agree on our target, i still suggest the cold target."

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-12, 03:18 PM
ASHTON and FIERA

"That sounds like an excellent place to start, I would say," Fiera agreed with a slender grin. If there was a chance at achieving their standing objective while working towards this one, it was aces with her.

greenpotato
2013-07-12, 11:25 PM
Sturmzauber

These simple children will squabble over any scrap that america throws their way, how pathetic. Access to the watchtower and these other secret places, a feat I could not acheive on my own, might be enough of a reward in it's self once I have a poke around. Sturmzauber thinks to himself.

Großherzog Eichel drums his fingers on the table. "One billion dollars sounds like an apt payment for such an array of challenging and life threatening tasks Her Hodges, I accept"

buddy
2013-07-13, 02:06 AM
Everyone:

"Agent" Meroe smiles and claps his hands together,

"Excellent! So we're in agreement then. Your compliance is very appreciated and all rewards will be transferred upon mission completion. Perhaps we -"

Meroe is cut-off by Luthor,

"Right. Money and idiosyncrasies. For idiots. But, there's more to consider here - principally, the fact that this group was never the first option. They're Plan B, for lack of a more flattering term, such as 'haphazard'. From a wide-angle, this group lacks the expertise needed for something of this order. They lack true leadership, which emanates from only inspired sources. A leader like me."

Lex looks around the room for approval - Meroe looks down, while Hodges nurses his drink and shakes his head slowly ............

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-13, 01:55 PM
ASHTON and FIERA

~I just can't see why it's so hard for people to believe that the man is one of the good guys,~ Ashton sent to his sister through their link, his telepathic "voice" rich with sarcasm. ~He's just so polite and endearing.~

~And never forget humble.~

~Indeed.~

"While I can't speak for everyone, I dislike the term 'leader' in this context. It suggests a level of authority that, frankly, I would sooner go vegetarian than afford to another," Particularly a mere human, he thought. "Something...call it a hunch...tells me that at least some of the others here would be of like mind." Did his gaze rest on Embers for just a moment there?

"That said, if you'd care to sign on in the role of, say, mission control, or perhaps as a tactical consultant, I would have no objections."

"The more the massacre, as they say!"

"No one says that."

"They will..."

Orbiter
2013-07-13, 02:33 PM
Embers

Embers was watching the other people, but particularly the twins, in fact he was glaring them for his own reasons that he refused to even think at the moment because he knew there was a mind reader here and he loathed that someone would try stealing his thoughts.

"I don't really care about the delusions of others."

He was glaring at the twins when speaking but he made it sound like a statement, before yawning, this was boring, and if one thought about the delusion of others dint include only Luthor in it, but perhaps the idea the twins had as well, such a bad mouth from Embers tsk tsk.

ginger ninja
2013-07-13, 06:03 PM
Eidolon

"Jumping the gun there a little aren't you, Agent Meroe? I asked a question, I haven't actually agreed to anything yet." Eidolon says, running her fingers along the rim of her empty champagne glass and leaning back. "But if I do end up agreeing to join this little venture, I'm certainly not going to be placed under anyone's thumb, even if that thumb is as ... distinguished as Mr. Luthor's."

tbergman92
2013-07-13, 10:42 PM
Taran
VP: 1

The more the massacre? Taran chuckled. I like it.

Taran knew better than to let Luthor, of all people, try to take over this particular group of people. "I agree. This works as an association of equals, not with anyone being on top. Luthor, I'd say you are more than welcome to join us, as was suggested, as a consultant and coordinator--but we are free agents."

buddy
2013-07-14, 01:43 AM
Everyone:

Luthor maintains a casual expression and continues,

"Right. As if I didn't expect dissent. But, as I said, I wasn't invited to this little pep-rally - rather, I'm something of a party-crasher. And, as I also stated -"

The sound of "Carmina Burana" sounds from Lex - and he reaches into his suit-pocket, drawing out his cell, from which the ringtone emanates. He holds up a hand to the group while taking the call ....

.... Hodges turns, and looking surprised, glares,

"Meroe ......."

The young man looks dumbfounded, glancing back and forth at Hodges and Luthor,

" ...... I - sir - he - um .... Mister Luthor, you -"

Lex looks at Meroe and Hodges while speaking into the phone,

"Yes."

Luthor then pockets the phone and looking at the gathered villains,

" .... and as I stated previously, call it foreshadowing, you were never the first option. The Legion was."

Roll initiative, please, on the OOC thread.

Location: The Royal Penthouse Suite, Hotel President Wilson, Geneva, Switzerland
Time: 12:15 a.m.
Weather: 67° and clear skies

Everyone:

The floor-to-ceiling windows flash with a brilliant yellow light causing everyone in the room to shield their eyes! The sound of shattering glass rains across the suite as a rush of night air bursts into the room! A smoky-mist fans from the disintegrated windows and as it rises, the Legion of Doom stands facing the group!

Clayface! Deathstroke! Sinestro! Bizarro! Bane! Doctor Freeze!

"The real professionals are here! All you worms can grab your doggy-bags and beat it!" chortles Clayface .....

"Such a luxurious spectacle - pity we had to disrupt its ambiance", says Freeze in his usual cybernetic-cold drone ....

"Smell make Bizarro not hungry! Luthor, Bizarro not get a sandwich?"

"Figures, food would be on that crude mind ...." Sinestro scowls ....

"Maybe later, Bizarro - after we've settled the matter at hand!" Bane says as he looks over the PCs ....

"Your overrides proved effective, Lex - much to my surprise. My protocols are in place, so we should have all the time we need to deal with these clowns. Then, we see if Mr. Hodges is ready to reconsider our offer ..." the Terminator says as he keys a small cellphone-like device and scans the room ....

Luthor raises his hands at the Legion, who pause,

"Hold my fellow Legionaries - for a moment, please. Rather than see this wonderful hotel damaged any further - although I liked the entrance - perhaps we should allow our would-be-rivals to assess the situation and make their exit? Surely, they can identify that remaining where one isn't wanted can yield unwanted consequences and repercussions ....?"

.... Luthor eyes the PCs with a wry grin ...... Meroe stands in complete shock directly between both villain groups, and Hodges stands, disgust dripping from his face, staring at Luthor,

"You obstinate, babbling, piece of [BLEEP]. Just had to push, didn't you? The screams of your psycho-maniacal ego wont let you accept denial! (SIGH) Fine. Play your hand, Lex, and to the victor, the spoils."

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/3338/9cvv.jpg

Everyone should thank Sturmzauber - his initiative is insane! So, you guys lead: you can attempt to negotiate, attack, walk away, whatever. If you want to discuss tactics OOC prior to taking action, that's fine. Assume there are tables of food and drink between everyone, so running across the floor will require going around/jumping over tables (DC15 Acrobatics).

There's also a huge 120" flat-screen TV on the wall to Sturmzauber's right. Large sofas line the west and south walls, which can be used for cover or weapons or whatever (still working on the Map-making tools). The floor is carpeted (golden-weave). The 20' ceiling has crystal chandeliers and modern lighting scattered around. There are chandeliers hanging over Lex & Meroe. Behind the Legion is open air, leading to a 80' drop to the pool area below.

Any other questions, just ask OOC/Spoiler text.

Orbiter
2013-07-15, 05:44 PM
Embers

Embers took his normal form sword arm weird head, skin and everything to show himself and who he was. "I promise to make it personal by eating whoever and whatever you love or loved if you survive this fight, only chance to leave now for you" He was dead serious and had the reputation to back it up, he really was gonna be finding out everything about them and systematically killing and literally eating them(no he doesn't mean assimilation this time).

Free action: I think il be going intimidation roll [roll0]
Standard action: Defend
Move:Not this turn

buddy
2013-07-15, 08:25 PM
Location: The Royal Penthouse Suite, Hotel President Wilson, Geneva, Switzerland
Time: 12:16 a.m.

Everyone:

Luthor keeps his hand outstretched at the Legion, a worried look crossing his face,

".....Now, now .... Ember, is it? There's no need for nastiness. Perhaps we can work out a compromise that serves -"

Bane takes a step forward,

"Seems as though you've lost your nerve, again, Alexander. We aren't here to sign treaties ...."

Deathstroke 'clicks' the safety off his attack-rifle,

"Correct. We're here to do business ..."

Dr. Freezes Cryo-Weapon gives off an electronic whine as it charges-up,

"Yes - and these welps are in our way."

Sinestro rises from the floor,

"Finish them!"

Meroe throws his hands around him for cover and dashes towards Hodges, who stands in the corner calmly watching the scene ....

Luthor was the only one Embers successfully Intimidated. The Legion of Doom is attacking! Consult the corrected map above (I added Embers) and take your actions.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-16, 12:52 AM
ASHTON and FIERA

The twins gave Luthor identical affronted stares. Ashton's eyes narrowed. For a moment, they became wider, more reptilian...but Fiera set a stalling hand on his arm. "It would be a shame to damage the place," she said.

Ashton just sighed, his features reverting. "Very well."

They moved quickly, approaching two of their "new teammates" at apparent random, and simultaneously invoked identical spells. "Mortal champions, blessed with power, know a dragon's might!" Auras of arcane energy glowed around them, and when they set their hands on their targets, the magical auras transferred to them, supercharging their powers and enhancing their defenses.

Move: Ashton moves behind Taran, Fiera moves behind Sturm.
Standard: Both use Sorcerous Augmentation on the above.

Taran
Add Burst Area and Selective to Mind Control power (24/30 VPP).
Add +1 Dodge, +3 Parry, +2 Fortitude (6/6 VPP).

Sturm
Add Burst Area and Selective to twelve ranks (due to PL hard cap for attacks that don't require an attack roll) of Curse power (24/30 VPP).
Add 6 ranks to Regeneration, without the Persistent extra (so Regen becomes 8 normal, 2 persistent) (6/6 VPP).

tbergman92
2013-07-16, 01:17 AM
Taran

Taran was a little startled as he first noticed Ashton coming up behind him and beginning a spell. However, it was completed before he could react--and when he felt the effects, he was nearly exultant.

Quickly preparing himself for the battle, Taran subtly engaged the minds of the Legion of Doom, attempting to override their wills and supplant them with his own. To anyone watching, of course, it simply seemed as though he were quietly sitting in his chair, watching the ensuing chaos without a care in the world.

Free action switch to Mind Reading in the Array, Free Action Sustain of Defense Enhancements.
Standard action Mind Reading on, well, the Legion. Assuming the standard grid spacing, and my math actually working, I can hit the whole group (minus Lex) at once. For quick reference, that's Area, Selective, Subtle 2, Insidious, DC 22 Mind Reading (Cumulative, Perception).

Edit: I'm an idiot. All three instances of Mind "Reading" Above are supposed to be Mind "Control," as that is the power that got buffed with the Area, Selective Modifiers, and thus could actually hit all of the Legion (minus Lex).

greenpotato
2013-07-16, 01:53 AM
Sturmzauber

Sturmzauber is wide eyed at the arcane power coursing over him
"My curse it is different, better some how..." He looks at the legion and with a cackle of glee spits his foul curse at them, empowered by the magic of the dragons. "Toldfluchen sie unwichtige!" his words crackle with force and a sickly red light flashes in the room.

Sorry to any german speakers out there :smallredface:

That's a Power 12 affliction with the following conditions upon failure:
Dazed and Entranced,
Compelled and Defenseless
Controlled and Transformed
[zombify][mind control][magic]

ginger ninja
2013-07-16, 02:32 AM
Eidolon

Boys. They never can just have a civil discussion. Eidolon thinks as she drops the last remnants of her disguise and her wings spread from her back. Taking to the air and moving behind the others that now seemed to be on her team, she flexes her fingers into what looks almost like a claw on her left hand, at the same time her features are obscured in shadow for just an instant, before the darkness springs from her, launching to a point in front of the Legion and erupting into a mass of black tentacles that thrash about momentarily, striking each of the Legionnaires before folding back in on itself and withdrawing into Eidolon once again.

Free Action 1: Morph to natural form (regrow wings basically)
Free Action 2: Switch Array to Shadow Tentacles
Move Action: Move 5 ft. up into the air (I'm assuming the ceilings are at least 10 ft. high, if not then she'll fly just above ground level) and as far back as possible without unduly obstructing Eidolon's view of the fight.
Standard Action: Shadow Tentacles (Rank 12 Damage: Ranged, Area [Burst], Selective). Assuming each square is 5 ft then Eidolon can hit the all the Legionnaires with this attack.

buddy
2013-07-16, 05:01 PM
Round: One

Everyone:

Bizarro and Sinestro fly at the villains, while the Terminator and Bane both spring in your direction, all looking to attack! Luthor simply stands by with his hands on his hips and a wicked smirk on his face! Clayface and Dr. Freeze hesitate though, caught in the psychic web of Taran and Sturmzauber!

As Eidolon's shadow-tentacles lash around the room, Bane, Dr. Freeze, and Deathstroke are all knocked back out the large hole in the wall, screaming like school girls in the process! The tentacles seem to have no effect on Clayface's mushy form, while Sinestro and Bizarro shrug off the attack while flying at the group!

"Is that your very best shot, Eidolon? Pity."

"Bizarro am amused! Shadows not tickle me!"

Luthor and Meroe stand in shock, mouths open, while Hodges watches the three villains fly backwards out the massive hole - then pours himself another Brandy ...

Clayface is Compelled & Defenseless. Both Taran & Sturmzauber can command Clayface, but only his next action (you can work that out OOC). Bizarro & Sinestro are still coming at ya. I kept Lex as a bystander, since I wasn't exactly sure if you were attacking him as well.

http://imageshack.us/a/img829/2580/9xzy.jpg

greenpotato
2013-07-16, 05:18 PM
who are you talking to? me?
If your talking to me please have a look at page 97 of the MM3e rulebook and it will show you that the resistance of an affliction is a set DC of Rank+10, an area power also allows a dodge check of Rank+10 to reduce the effect by half.

Orbiter
2013-07-20, 09:08 AM
Embers

Embers simply leapt forward and slashed with all his power and momentum at Bizzaro trying to cut him in half or at least do some good damage. "Diee diee diee my darling!" Oh god he was singing.

Free action:Get yer damn sword arm up and sing! (in a non serious way).

Standard action: Charge Attack! Strike!-2 so +10 to hit [roll0]
Strike Attack strength based: +12 DC 27

CHARGE: STANDARD ACTION

You rush forward to attack. You move your speed rank in a
mode of movement available to you in a relatively straight
line towards your target. At the end of your movement,
you perform a close attack against your opponent with a
–2 circumstance penalty to the attack check.

You can combine a charge action with a move action, allowing
you to move up to twice your speed (your speed rank as a
move action, then your speed rank again when you charge).

HopeHubris
2013-07-20, 09:55 AM
Solar

The largest of Solar's orbs starts moving towards him as he flies for the window, the gas of the sphere dispersing around his body and expanding, solidifying into an extension of his body.
By the time he gets to the window he is already too large to fit in the room, by the time he stops moving he is no longer flying, he has no need to, in fact, he is crouching down a little bit just to be at eye level with the room, his feet firmly on the ground.

As he settles on the ground there is a rumbling all around, small objects start to fly towards the gigantic figure, shattering upon impact, larger objects then start to move, people are starting to fly towards him.

Free Action: Switch Solar System to Jupiter
Move Action: Fly outside window
Free Action: Grow to 120 feet
Standard Action: Gravitational Pull (DC 22 Dodge check or move adjacent to Solar, flying or not, not selective, effects everyone and everything within 60 feet (Max, 100 tonnes) (Focus point of Area is in front of his face this time, so it probably hits the room and the floor below), DC 27 Toughness save for damage if they get affected and collide with me (Plus falling, I suppose).

buddy
2013-07-21, 06:30 PM
Round: One

Embers:
Your blade cuts across Anti-Superman's chest, slicing cleanly through his backward "S' logo,

"Yaarrrgghhh! Rat-man not hurt Bizarro!"

When Solar pulls his "cosmic giant" stunt ..... things go sideways - literally. The villains feel the air around them whistle in the direction of their gigantic cohort, as tables of food and drink and furniture and even the large wall-mounted TV screen are snatched from their placings to crash against Solar, bursting into smaller bits of debris! Meroe, Luthor, and Hodges also sail towards the diabolical giant with a flurry of frantic shouts! The three villains plummeting towards the pool area are also, remarkably, yanked mid-air up towards Solar's massive form - as are Sinestro and the wounded Bizarro! The two titans howl in anger as they had nearly reached the villains who opposed them ...!

Each attracted villain, plus Meroe, Hodges, and Luthor bounce off Solar's enhanced form, falling down to the pool space below which is littered with debris from the building, pulled apart by Solar's incredible gravitational force! Most of the Hotel adjacent to Solar was ripped apart, with the entire pool-side structure ripped asunder, exposing hotel rooms and panicked guests fleeing the maniacal pull of his power! A low rumble echoes across Lake Geneva as the Hotel President Wilson shudders under the whims of a madman!

Deathstroke & Bane are now Dazed. Dr. Freeze is Bruised (-1 Toughness). Clayface splats against Solar, then drips down towards the pool area. Luthor, Hodges, and Meroe are falling, but unhurt. Sinestro and Bizarro emerged unhurt and look to deal with Solar ....

Sinestro unleashes a tremendous ray of golden light at Solar,

"Recalcitrant Dolt! Did you think to fell the master of seven space quadrants with such a feeble attack? Feel the folly of your ignorance!"

Bizarro recovers, flying up and around Solar's head, to streak in with a double-handed strike to your face!

"Big man not make Bizarro mad!"

At his size & Toughness, Solar is rank 2 Dodge & Parry; he needs to make a DC35 Toughness check vs. Sinestro's blast & a DC35 Toughness check vs. Bizarro's blow .....
Deathstroke uses his action for Movement: Swinging, Bane uses his for a Power-Up to Strength & Stamina, and Dr. Freeze uses his for Safe Fall, creating an ice slide just above the pool. Hodges, Meroe, and Luthor fall - but I'll allow them to be caught by PCs, if you desire.

The Initiative Order restarts here. Other than Solar, everyone can post what you want to do. The suite is ripped-clean of equipment, as far as you can see. It's an open whole in the wall, with a giant at one end sucking in everything - all that's left is scant carpeting .....

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-23, 03:19 PM
ASHTON and FIERA
Condition: Normal/Normal*.
Victory Points: 3.

*I'm getting that the previous Toughness checks were invalidated by range, so Fiera's not at -1 and Dazed.

Ashton grimaced. Having the high ground was a nice advantage, but drawing a line of fire on the enemies below wouldn't be easy if they had to risk entering that gravitational field.

Not much to do for it; they needed to be able to capitalize on this. "Stay within the light, and you'll be safe from his pull!" Ashton called to the others, then making a complex gesture before raising his hand into the air, palm out, speaking a mystical chant over and over, his eyes narrowed in concentration. A soft blue light emanated from him, and all allies in the area would feel just slightly lighter. He advanced towards the hole in the room, so the area would be covered by his Ward.

Fiera, on the other hand, broke into a bright grin and took off, running with all speed for the hole, invoking a similar Ward as she went - and jumping clear out of the building, much to her brother's eye-widening surprise. She literally dove from the window, warding-hand held out, body as streamlined as she could make it as she leaped to the rescue like some kind of deranged hero.

Fact was, even though he had chosen the wrong side in this battle - something they would take up with him at a later date - she still felt somewhat indebted to Luthor. And the other two, well, they were offering a billion dollars. Best not to let them splatter on the pavement, she deemed.

She just hoped she could get into range fast enough.

Free Action (Both): Changing Arrays. Tactical Computers to full Enhanced Dodge and Enhanced Parry. Magitek to Sorcerous Wardings. I don't think I've asked this yet in this game, but my read has generally been changing multiple individual arrays at once is okay, since you're paying for each one, but if GM rules otherwise, let me know, and I'll only change the Magitek array.

Ashton
Standard Action: Activate Sorcerous Wardings. All allies (Selective) in 30' gain Immunity 10 (Gravity Effects). Other ten points are going unused. The ward doesn't do anything against natural gravity.
Move Action: Move as close as possible to the "hole" in the room.

Fiera
Standard Action: Activate Sorcerous Wardings for Immunity 15 (Gravity Effects, Falling Damage). Other five points are going unused.
Move Action: Run through the hole in the room and leap out the building, streamlining during the fall to try and get Luthor, Hodges, and Meroe into the Ward area (30' radius) before they hit the ground. Athletics check to increase Speed Rank for the run (DC 15): [roll0]. If that fails, will use Extra Effort instead.
Free Action: :smallcool:.

NOTE: Previous Augments require Concentration, so they are no longer active. The affected powers and defenses return to their normal values.

tbergman92
2013-07-23, 08:50 PM
Taran
Condition: Normal (Fatigued at end of turn).

Taran, maintaining his unconcerned demeanor, knew he could grab the four falling figures, but seriously considered letting Hodges, at least, fall to his death.
It'll be much more satisfying to take his money and his immunities, and then make him pay... Taran sighed, and looked through the floor--finding his targets and preparing himself to grab them. Drawing up all of the energy he could muster, he psionically snatched Meroe, Hodges, Luthor, and Fiera back up into the room, behind the ward that Ashton had placed. As they rematerialized, Taran visibly sagged, sweat appearing on his brow from the exertion.

Breathing heavily, he grinned at the four who had suddenly been snatched from their fall. "You're not getting out of our deal that easily, Hodges. I want my money."

Standard: Power stunt as described in Buddy's post in the OOC.

Orbiter
2013-07-24, 01:25 PM
Embers
Con:Normal?, VP:3

Ember was shaking he dint get the chance to transform to a rat man! booo and the other were doing fine most likely for when the hole opened he simple stealthed to the shadows ran and jumped after one of the other villains to attack silent as the night like...... the bat.

Free action: :smallcool: and turn black or something
Move: Run and jump stealthily after one of the villains to sneak attack aka move stealthilly.
Stealth roll [roll0]
edit: Victory point to re-roll my stealth here which will be 2 on next post because of that.

Standard action: Sneak attack
Strike Attack strength based: +12 (DC 27 Damage or 22 Special).
Attack roll [roll1]

((I attack the Nearest enemy villain Embers would prefer to attack Deathstroke followed by Bane)).

HopeHubris
2013-07-24, 01:46 PM
Solar
Condition: Staggered

Staggered by the onslaught and realising that at his current size he wouldn't have a chance of hitting villains of this caliber he pulls forth some of the asteroids from his belt, with new ones appearing as soon as they are removed.

The removed asteroids begin to orbit him for a brief moment before they fly towards his enemies.

Standard Action: Asteroid Field (AoE DC 22 dodge, DC 27 toughness) shapeable, hits all of the opposing villains.

buddy
2013-07-24, 10:37 PM
Time: 12:21 a.m.
Round: Two

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/2841/jcpk.jpg

- Consider Dr. Freeze in the pool.
- Embers is attacking Deathstroke, who's on the same pool-side line as Clayface (Compelled by Taran) & Bane (who's noticeably-bigger than before)
- The edge of the building is where Solar & Bizarro are, with the two Legion members attacking the giant man, who retaliates.
- Other PCs are in the room & can move, then attack from above, or move to the pool area & attack, if your movement rate allows it.

Hodges and the other two suited men, to include Luthor, roll over and stand, brushing-off their expensive wares. Hodges sniffs and looks at Taran,

"I don't know how Waller talked me into this bull[BLEEP] ...."

He gives Meroe a stern look,

"... Omega, if you please."

Meroe nods and again, fumbles with something in his suit coat ....

Hodges then point at Luthor,

"And, this is on your tab, Luthor. I don't have time for your BS grudge-matches!"

Luthor looks out the hole in the wall at Solar, Bizarro, and Sinestro,

"As if I hadn't assumed. Once the Legion is done with them .... normalcy. There's the issue of geo-political displacement we discussed before - yes?"

Hodges grimaces and looks around the ruined room, raising his hands halfway in disgusted futility,

"Whatever, Lex. Let's just be done with this. I should be four thousand miles away from this nonsense actually enjoying myself. I promised the Swiss a cool exchange - now, I'll have to cover your [BLEEP]."

Lex Luthor looks at Ashton & Fiera, raising his eyebrows ........

Ashton & Fiera would need to make a DC15 Insight check to pick-up on Lex's expectation (PM coming)

Solar's sudden asteroid counter-attack crashes against the Legion foes, smashing them away from the villain by nearly a half-mile! The giant gains some space versus his foes who scream and shout in response to the assault they have no hope of avoiding!

Sinestro is still -1 Toughness checks, while Bizarro is -2. Both end up across Lake Geneva.

Embers' sword crashes into the Terminator, who's caught unaware by your vicious attack! Deathstroke drops to the ground with a loud shout of pain, dropping his machine gun!

Embers needs to make a DC20 Insight check here. Sturmzauber, Taran, Eidolon, & the Dragons need to act still.

greenpotato
2013-07-25, 01:06 AM
Sturmzauber.

The Sturmzauber turns his gaze towards bane"Sturmschraubetoten zie!" he screeches in his arcane tongue as he points a finger at bane from which great streaks of lightning burst to arc into the enlarged man. Crackling and flashing against his exposed flesh.

Switching array to lightning bolts and shooting bane [roll0]. Ranged damage 15 Multiattack.

ginger ninja
2013-07-25, 03:07 AM
Eidolon

Eidolon watches Solar fly and grow, grinning maliciously as everything in the room flies towards the newly giant man. She then flies out of the room herself, angling upward with a graceful twirl as she does so. When she figures she's as far away as she can be while still being involved in the fight she stops and looks down on the battling villains and choosing her target carefully. Seeing Sinestro assault her new team mate she fixes him with the evil eye, causing a sickly green pulse to fly towards him and erupt into oily green-and-grey flames upon impact.

Move Action: Fly out of the room and as high as I can without obstructing my view of the fight enough to make targeting impossible.
Free Action: Switch array to Hellfire Immolation
Standard Action: Use Hellfire Immolation on Sinestro (Perception Range, DC 27 Toughness save, automatically inflicts another DC 27 hit next turn).

buddy
2013-07-26, 09:24 PM
Time: 12:21 a.m.
Round: Two

I'm assuming, since GreenPotato didn't indicate, that the natural 20 adds a +5 bonus to your damage = DC35. You needed a DC27 to hit, so no Multiattack bonus. Consider Surprise attacks in the future - they make Multiattack more effective.

Bane's super-muscled physique rattles with meta-electrical energy as he screams at an octave that almost shatters glass! His body spasms uncontrollably while being illuminated by Sturmzauber's eldritch power - then, the man who 'broke the Bat' falls, facedown to the ground and lies still, his skin smoking in the temperate night air!

Sinestro is engulfed in Eidolon's terrible hellfire for a very long instant, then emerges, soaring back towards the hotel, seemingly undisturbed, but with the hellish flames still tangling around his glowing-gold body-sphere!

I have Sinestro needing to make another check before his next turn vs. the attack. Dr. Freeze shakes his control & uses his action to get out of the swimming pool .....

Quellian-dyrae
2013-07-26, 09:54 PM
ASHTON and FIERA
Victory Points: 3.

The shapeshifted dragons caught Lex's look, and the intent behind it. Without a word, both stepped up to stand before him, their position clearly protective, a silent warning to their nominal allies that Luthor was off-limits. Whatever else, Lex had done them a good turn and they respected him, and hoped for a positive and profitable relationship for them all.

But the man had to learn, they were not mooks or minions. They were not hired thugs that would risk the very substantial rewards they had been offered on his word or glance alone. That they were not the sort of people that took well to being left out of the loop until combat was underway.

In short, the man had to learn, you do not toy with dragons!

The twins took each other's hands, chanting a combined spell very deliberately, "Injured flesh and broken body, heal and work again!" A wave of their hands, and curative magic descended over the giant Solar, curing his wounds and clinging to him in a momentary aura.

Free Actions: Change arrays.
Move Actions: Move into position in front of Lex.
Standard Actions: One of them is using Sorcerous Augmentation to add the Ranged and Secondary Effect Extras (24/30 VPP, other six unused) to the other's Healing Hands. The second is then activating Healing Hands targeting Solar. Which does which is functionally irrelevant.

Healing (DC 10): [roll0]. Heals one status effect per degree of success (EDIT: Four effects...should be enough to get him back to full health). Solar will receive a second dose of healing automatically at the start of their next turn.

This can heal Incurable effects and can also remove up to twelve points of penalties from Weaken effects.

tbergman92
2013-07-27, 02:15 AM
Taran
Condition: Fatigued

Taran, realizing that his fatigue from the teleportation stunt could hinder him, decided to make himself less of a target. With no perceivable effort, he suddenly disappeared from all senses. Momentarily preparing himself, Taran targeted Bizarro with a blast of pure mental force, before taking a few laboring steps away from his former location.

Free: Concealment (Continuous duration)
Free: Sustain Defensive Enhancement
Standard: Mental Blast vs. Bizarro, DC 27 Will Save, Perception, Subtle 2, Insidious.
Move: About 10 ft back from his current location, assuming that doesn't put him through a wall or run into something. If there's something in the way, he'll just go as far back as he can.

Orbiter
2013-07-27, 03:32 AM
Embers
Con:Normal, VP:2

Embers was not impressed he slashed at Deathstroke again without letting himself be tricked, and at the same moment he spoke to no one in particular. "Bad actor, yet good prey like that one... daughter?". Embers had remembered that one with the killer instincts had the same costume were those two family? or perhaps had some connection? either way good prey.

Free action: You have a daughter? :smallamused:
Ravager is one of the Nemesis i got.

Move action: Not used.

Standard action: attack
Strike Attack strength based: +12 (DC 27 Damage or 22 Special).
[roll0]