PDA

View Full Version : Quick, Save our session!

Invader
2013-07-06, 09:23 AM
I need a one shot campaign for 6 semi optimized 7th level characters in the next 20 mins. It has to be something that I can print for free and doesn't need a lot of set up to run since we don't have a lot of time.

Plot isn't really important since we're just looking for a filler for today as our DM had an emergency and can't make it but we'd like to still play.

Any ideas?

Invader
2013-07-06, 10:02 AM
Well we had to cancel, feel free to lock/delete this post :smallannoyed:

buttcyst
2013-07-08, 02:48 PM
for future reference, the book of challenges is what you needed. book full of "ready, set, go" encounters.

dascarletm
2013-07-08, 02:55 PM
Also, pull monsters of CR +/- 4 from the MM and gladiator battles! :smallwink:

Immabozo
2013-07-08, 03:02 PM
Also, pull monsters of CR +/- 4 from the MM and gladiator battles! :smallwink:

I love gladiator battles! One was story-line "fight and if you win, you win your freedom" and another was "you may enter if you wish, it is only worth bragging rights" (but in a minotaur city, it was probably going to be worth a lot, diplomacy wise, if I didn't use the distraction of a massive fight at the end to (un beknownst to the party) try to assassinate the King. Group fell apart not long after that, so I was never able to go back and really assault the palace and get the rod the king held that controlled his people (dominate on ever minotaur in the city, controlled by the wielder of the staff)

Medic!
2013-07-08, 04:17 PM
We do what we call a "Fright Night" when we can't play on a current campaign. Rules are simple: Constant combat against CR appropriate encounters until everyone dies. No permanent character sheet changes, rewards may be handed out for amazing accomplishments.