PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight-esque build?

Bluuegg
2013-07-06, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone,

Our DM wanted to put together a "fun" campaign for us for when we have 2 or more of our players not able to make it to game night. We are working on theme based characters. I have decided to try and make a "Jedi Knight-esque" character for this.

I've been going over whats available and I can't decide what would be best for this. I've been bouncing between Duskblade or Sorcerer + Warblade into a Spellsword. I'm not sure which of these is better, and im sure I've probably missed something that could work better then what I've come up with.

The material I have to work with is :
Core, PHBII, "Complete" Series, Tome of Battle, and Dragon Magic.
NO PSIONICS

The only real thoughts i had on this was a melee fighter that could use some enchantment spells and flavor based offensive spells (Shacking grasp, Lightning bolt, true strike, ect), but this is always subject to change.

Give her a go and let me know community, much appreciated!=D

~bluuegg

Silvanoshei
2013-07-06, 01:40 PM
Just go wizard till you can replicate everything with magic. Just my 2 cents.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-06, 02:01 PM
Depending on how deep into the lore you want to go, any of the ToB schools can replicate some othe effects of various force enabled feats jedi hve performed, especially if you are willing to convert desert wind into lightning and give all of it's maneuvers the evil descriptor. Adding arrow deflection helps. Telekinetic and mind affecting effects require a bit of multiclassing into casters or the prohibited psionics. Which begs the question, "what's with the psionics hate", as they are a free (via SRD) and offer a nice flexible toolset that will enable you to replicate the effects of several jedi tricks, especially since mind affecting and telekinesis are right in it's wheelhouse. Without that you have mix in some sorcerer or wizard, which will be fine.

Gavinfoxx
2013-07-06, 02:15 PM
No psionics? Damn, that's the best way. Play an Ardent, with a custom mantle like this:

The Force (Force Mantle)
Granted Power: While psionically focused, you gain a +1 deflection bonus to your Armor Class.
1.Detect Psionics (1): You detect the presence of psionics.
2.Know Direction & Location (1): You discover where you are and what direction you face.
3.Mindlink (1): You forge a limited mental bond with another creature.
4.Vigor (1): Gain 5 temporary hit points.
5.Psionic Suggestion (2): Compels subject to follow stated course of action.
6.Read Thoughts (2): Detect surface thoughts of creatures in range.
7.Telekinetic Maneuver (4): Telekinetically bull rush, disarm, grapple, or trip your target.
8.Psionic Divination (4): Provides useful advice for specific proposed action.
9.Correspond (4): Hold mental conversation with another creature at any distance.
10.Remote Viewing (4): See, hear, and potentially interact with subjects at a distance.

nedz
2013-07-06, 02:56 PM
Half Fey (for the mind effecting SLAs) and then Warlock (Eldritch Glaive)

or

Sorcerer for the mind effecting spells and then Thunderlance.

JusticeZero
2013-07-06, 03:09 PM
Yeah, i'm always scratching my head when people flip out and reject one passably balanced magic system who have no problem with including eight or nine other magic systems in their setting, many of which are poorly balanced.

Bluuegg
2013-07-06, 03:40 PM
thank you everyone for the replys. i shall consider thoroughly.

Garret Dorigan
2013-07-06, 03:44 PM
Wizard 5, Crusader 1, Jade Phoenix Mage 8, Abjurant Champion 5, Archmage 1

Then grab Arcane Disciple with the Moon Domain to grab Moon Blade for constant lightsaber touch attacks. Make it an SLA with Archmage. Pick spells that emulate Force abilities.