PDA

View Full Version : gestalt druid//?

geekintheground
2013-07-06, 02:20 PM
whats a good base class to gestalt with a druid? i realize druid alone is insane, but my group is running a gestalt game and the DM insists. im worried about any class that needs a physical stat because those change so much... should i go with cleric?

DeusMortuusEst
2013-07-06, 02:25 PM
whats a good base class to gestalt with a druid? i realize druid alone is insane, but my group is running a gestalt game and the DM insists. im worried about any class that needs a physical stat because those change so much... should i go with cleric?

Monk or (Unarmed) Swordsage to get Wis to AC and higher damage when shapechanged. Or something with full BAB, better HD and good Ref saves.

angry_bear
2013-07-06, 02:25 PM
Barbarian or fighter would do well if you plan on focusing on melee. Or rogue, skills are always nice, and a bear with sneak attack seems like it could be effective.

karkus
2013-07-06, 02:29 PM
Pair Druid with Druid because Druid is the best class. :smallbiggrin:

Madfellow
2013-07-06, 02:30 PM
Yeah, a gestalt druid//cleric would be just nuts. Two primary caster classes that both rely on Wisdom? You would have ALL the spell slots and only one ability score to max out. Plus an animal companion. Plus Wild Shape. Plus spontaneous healing and summoning. You'd be the ultimate party support. Heck, you'd be the ultimate party.

Alternatively, if you're worried about overshadowing the rest of the party (a valid concern, I think) you might consider monk instead. It also uses Wisdom, but it's not a primary caster. Plus, if you wield a quarterstaff you can cast Shillelagh on it and then Flurry of Blows for 2d6 damage per hit! :smalleek:

fishyfishyfishy
2013-07-06, 02:32 PM
I second the Unarmed Swordsage. Stances and maneuvers from Stone Dragon and Desert Wind are especially thematically appropriate for a Druid.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-07-06, 02:34 PM
Swordsage is a solid choice, and provides a lot of utility with Wis synergy. Especially if you use the unarmed variant to get Monk unarmed strike progression.

Barbarian can be extremely useful if you're going for a more melee focused character.

Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric) would be better than just Cleric, and enables DMM: Persistent. This is just going to make your character even more powerful, though.

Ranger could be good, mostly for skill points, BAB, and saves, plus thematic benefits.

Maybe take one or more prestige class levels along side of Druid. Good choices would include Master of Many Forms for 7 or 10 levels, Warshaper for three levels, Nature's Warrior for maybe one level, Seeker of the Misty Isle for one level, Beastmaster for one level, etc. Lead up to them with a few levels in several classes, such as Wolf Totem Barbarian 2, Unarmed Swordsage 2, a Racial Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm) class, one Ranger level, etc. but no more than it will take to qualify for your first prestige class.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-06, 02:47 PM
Totemist: when you wildshape into an animal, you keep your soulmelds, enabling some sick added abilities. Be a dinsaur with tentacles, a bear with a stinger, a flying snake, a teleporting cat, or a bird with a quill firing tail. And you get to swap this stuff out, creating a new mutant critter every day. The class has little in the way of stat dependencies, other than con for saves, so it will work happily with most animals. It's a very flexible combat centric class.

Incarnate: gives you all sorts of neat swappable abilities (like totemist), only with a more utility bent.

geekintheground
2013-07-06, 02:48 PM
thank you guys so much! im thinking of mainly casting/summoning, so i'll probably go with a cleric, i shouldnt overshadow the rest of the group too much since i play so poorly (and there are house rules that keep these classes from being too good anyway). does natural spell let you cast ANY spell, or just those on the druid list?

buttcyst
2013-07-06, 02:48 PM
totemist from MoI would gestalt nicely as well as be semi thematic

buttcyst
2013-07-06, 02:49 PM
Totemist: when you wildshape into an animal, you keep your soulmelds, enabling some sick added abilities. Be a dinsaur with tentacles, a bear with a stinger, a flying snake, a teleporting cat, or a bird with a quill firing tail. And you get to swap this stuff out, creating a new mutant critter every day. The class has little in the way of stat dependencies, other than con for saves, so it will work happily with most animals. It's a very flexible combat centric class.

Incarnate: gives you all sorts of neat swappable abilities (like totemist), only with a more utility bent.

darn... too late... mine was short too...

that was my only idea besides an arcane class to widen your variety, better a wizard than sorcerer

Dusk Eclipse
2013-07-06, 02:51 PM

Now I know how to play as a Displacer Beast:smallcool:

Grod_The_Giant
2013-07-06, 03:04 PM

I would go with Incarnate over totemist. Druid already is giving you all the natural weapons you could want; I'd rather have the incarnate's nicer toys. Fill all the party roles!

Alternately, I've heard Binder goes will with just about anything. Or Dragonfire Adept-- the class only cares about Con, and you can be a fire-breathing bear.

Rubik
2013-07-06, 03:05 PM
Despite being Int-dependent, psion would work rather well. Given the massive boost to your action economy and the various oddball powers, you could have some fun as a bear firing eye-lasers.

gorfnab
2013-07-06, 03:07 PM
Scout - lots of skills, extra damage with pounce based Wildshape forms.

Psychic Warrior - wis based, lots of buffs, bonus feats

Paladin - wis based with the Serenity feat, decent hd, and many ACF options

sleepyphoenixx
2013-07-06, 03:20 PM
Anything that improves action economy or gives passive benefits.

2 levels of Rogue add skill points, Evasion and 2 bonus feats (Martial Rogue variant).
2 levels of Swordsage for Wis to AC and a few utility maneuvers.
2 levels of Witch Slayer for Mettle.
2 or 6 levels of Fighter for bonus feats, BAB and to be a Dungeoncrasher Bear :smalltongue:
Lion Totem Barbarian for Pounce in any WS form.
Swiftblade 9 for Perpetual Options
Warshaper 2 or 4 for crit immunity, stat boosts, reach, fast healing and morphic weapons.
1 level of Warblade for Iron Heart Surge and White Raven Tactics.
Psion for Vigor/Share Pain, Synchronicity, Schism, Anticipatory Strike, Expansion, Sense Danger, Temporal Acceleration

Spuddles
2013-07-06, 03:48 PM
I played a gestalt druid//cleric once. My biggest problem was action economy. Wildshaping and trying to melee is a goddamn waste of time.

Vedhin
2013-07-06, 03:51 PM
does natural spell let you cast ANY spell, or just those on the druid list?

Any spell, provided that it would be castable by outside of wildshape at the current time.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-06, 04:28 PM
I would go with Incarnate over totemist. Druid already is giving you all the natural weapons you could want; I'd rather have the incarnate's nicer toys. Fill all the party roles!

1) there is no such thing as "too many attacks per round", especially if you dip barbarian for pounce and pick up improved unarmed strike.

2)totemist also offers really nice natural weapon boosters.

3) incarnate's toys really aren't nicer, they are just more utility oriented. Druid has 85% of all of the utility you would want anyway.

4) with a druid//totemist or a druid//incarnate you have the unique opportunity to take VoP and have the feat be as good as it will ever be. It's still not good, but it's never closer to good than this.

Despite being Int-dependent, psion would work rather well. Given the massive boost to your action economy and the various oddball powers, you could have some fun as a bear firing eye-lasers.

Psion is nice, but to MAD. Ardent is generally considered a little weaker than psion, but in this case you more than make up for it with reduced dependencies.

I played a gestalt druid//cleric once. My biggest problem was action economy. Wildshaping and trying to melee is a goddamn waste of time.

That is the major problem. You have lots of options, but only so many actions. A passive class like an incarnum class blends smoothly with the more active nature of spell casters (especially druid)

Also, I never actually finished it, but I did start a gestalt handbook here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239352). It has the bulk of my thoughts on passive//active theory, and other gestalt thoughts, though there is a lot of analytical work I need to do to finish it, and given how rare opportunities for me to play (as opposed to gm) are, it might never happen.

Drachasor
2013-07-06, 04:31 PM
I like the unarmed swordsage idea, because Kung Fu panda was awesome.

Druid alone is cool enough, might as well go with cool for the rest.

Rubik
2013-07-06, 04:40 PM
Psion is nice, but to MAD. Ardent is generally considered a little weaker than psion, but in this case you more than make up for it with reduced dependencies.You have Wis and Int, and MAYBE Con. That's it. That's not MAD, that's DAD, at worst, since Con is useful to everyone who isn't undead.

Honestly, it's not a problem except for the lowest of the lowest of ability score arrays.

And unless you're using custom mantles and dominant ideal and multiclassing out the wazoo, I would never ever suggest ardent over psion. It's just that much worse. I honestly don't see why anyone would ever want it, and that's with reading up on the subject. I just don't see the point.

That is the major problem. You have lots of options, but only so many actions. A passive class like an incarnum class blends smoothly with the more active nature of spell casters (especially druid)Psionics grants the best action economy boosters of anything outside of White Raven Tactics and chronotyryns. Gaining multiple move and standard actions every round can be a great boon to anyone, and it works really well with almost any other class despite being a very active class itself, since it can grant itself extra actions to be even more active with.

DMVerdandi
2013-07-06, 04:51 PM

Aren't you supposed to be in wildshape all day, and buffed before combat???
The only actions you should be taking in combat are melee attacking and spellcasting.

DMM:persist and natural spell should be an option by like... level 6-8 right?

Shloogorgh
2013-07-06, 04:55 PM
Druid/Wizard or other arcane caster, then go arcane heirophant / some other prestige class (warshaper? beastmaster?)

Madfellow
2013-07-06, 04:59 PM
Druid/Wizard or other arcane caster, then go arcane heirophant / some other prestige class (warshaper? beastmaster?)

Hybrid-type prestige classes are outlawed in gestalt play (it's in the gestalt rules on the SRD, so you can look it up), and you're only allowed to take one prestige class at a time, unfortunately. Those 2 rules are in place to prevent someone from playing a druid 3/arcane hierophant 10/bard 2/fochlucan lyrist 5//wizard 3/mystic theurge 10/rogue 2/eldritch knight 5

Shloogorgh
2013-07-06, 05:02 PM
Hybrid-type prestige classes are outlawed in gestalt play (it's in the gestalt rules on the SRD, so you can look it up), and you're only allowed to take one prestige class at a time, unfortunately.

Ah, that makes sense. Never actually played a gestalt game.

DMVerdandi
2013-07-06, 05:02 PM

Generally, dual progression classes aren't really allowed in gestalt. Not to mention, wizard adds some MAD to the central casting stat. If you use academic priest with the druid, however, some things get better.

Wizard requires too many loose items as well, unless you use Eidetic Spellcaster. That and Spontaneous Divination would however lead to quite the nice gestalt. And eschew materials.

Immabozo
2013-07-06, 05:05 PM
Lion Totem Barbarian for Pounce in any WS form.

spirit lion totem, if it matters.

Go Truenamer, because you can.

ArcturusV
2013-07-06, 05:06 PM
At the very least, Druid is what you want on the Druid side, so you probably wouldn't PrC it out.

I'm gonna second Paladin myself. Full BAB, there are, if I recall ways to combine Animal Companion and Paladin Mount which could make both of them more high level oriented than they would be on their own. Paladin Spellcasting isn't that bad at all. Plus nice bonuses like Save Boosts.

Shloogorgh
2013-07-06, 05:09 PM
At the very least, Druid is what you want on the Druid side, so you probably wouldn't PrC it out.

I'm gonna second Paladin myself. Full BAB, there are, if I recall ways to combine Animal Companion and Paladin Mount which could make both of them more high level oriented than they would be on their own. Paladin Spellcasting isn't that bad at all. Plus nice bonuses like Save Boosts.

Are there any neutral variants on Paladins? Otherwise you'll have to handwave alignment restrictions

Immabozo
2013-07-06, 05:09 PM
I also have a great wildshaping druid gestalt build if you are interested, but you said spellcasting.

geekintheground
2013-07-06, 05:26 PM
I also have a great wildshaping druid gestalt build if you are interested, but you said spellcasting.

id love to see it, if only for ideas and inspiration... if you dont mind

Spuddles
2013-07-06, 05:30 PM
Aren't you supposed to be in wildshape all day, and buffed before combat???
The only actions you should be taking in combat are melee attacking and spellcasting.

DMM:persist and natural spell should be an option by like... level 6-8 right?

DMM:Persist eats up 3 feats and requires 7 turn attempts. Without Night Sticks, you get to have one, maybe two buffs up, and that's using up both domains (undeath, planning) for basically being a wannabe lich which is pretty dumb imo, as well as two feats.

Usually you can layer your in combat buffs before combat starts- girallon's blessing, shillelagh, bless, etc.

But it's not necessarily in combat casting that's the problem, it's wasting your spell slots on pretending to be a fighter (why the hell would you want to do that), then wasting combat actions on making melee attacks (wut, why).

You also have full casting x2 and access to two terrific spell lists. Any time spent making a full attack is pretty much a waste of time. Unless you are spike chain knockdown great cleaving with a lot of reach, melee means you can take out one or two monsters a turn. An entangle or wall of thorns shuts down a whole battlefield. Kelpstrand is awesome at shutting down CR+2 or CR+3 humanoids with class levels since you get BAB+CL+Wis vs their BAB+Str. It's even decent vs big, high HD monsters because CL+BAB is kinda unfair. Let the rogue finish off your opponents with sneak attack. They're all flat footed and stuck in place.

If you really need to hurt things via claw claw claw claw rend bite tail rake, use a fleshraker with buffs on it. That way you still have your combat actions. Alternatively, summon nature's (greendbound, rashemi, ashbound, augmented) ally.

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-06, 05:50 PM
If you want to be a melee monster (litteraly) a warhulk side is powerful. Be a medium race and you only trigger warhulk while wildshaping. Dip warshapper 5 for the ability to shift your wildshapes at any time.

Then hit everything in your reach for massive damage.

For a caster, I am actually going to suggest chameleon. You get every spell 6th level or lower, and you can lead in with rogue for skillpoints and sneak attack, or duskblade for hitting with spells through your bear claws.

Kalaska'Agathas
2013-07-06, 07:20 PM
Another option you might look at is Tashalatora PsyWar/Psion. Tashalatora advances some of your Monk features (you only need take one or maybe two levels of Monk, for Evasion) with a Psionic class of your choice. This gives you Wis to AC and Unarmed strike (both of which suit a Wildshaped Druid very well) in addition to your psionic benefits. PsyWar has some excellent buffs for a mêlée combatant, and is SAD with a Druid (since you only need Wis and Con, the rest of your physical stats will come from wildshaping). A Psion tashalatora could also work, since you're still only a little MAD, and gives access to some excellent stuff.

If you want to focus on being a Druid, I'd say go PsyWar - it works well with your Druid side and doesn't need a load of actions of its own.

Warshaper (as suggested by Fouredged Sword) would also do you well, on your non-Druid side.

Immabozo
2013-07-06, 08:14 PM
id love to see it, if only for ideas and inspiration... if you dont mind

Druid 9/Master of Many Forms 2/Nature's Warrior 5/Warshaper 3//Whirling Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 10/Dungeoncrasher fighter 6/Bear Warrior 5

(bear warrior gets bonuses when you rage, and you can turn into a bear, but the bonuses are not dependent on bear form.

Feats: Power attack, imp bullrush, leap attack, knockback, shocktrooper, cleave, combat reflexes, combat brute (try to get your DM to waive the imp sunder prereq in place for imp bull rush in exchange for not using the sundering cleave combat maneuver), battle jump, Endurance Steadfast Determination and Fast Wildshape.

Human +2 flaws means almost all those feats by level 12, which is probably the sweet spot of the build.

At level 7 you should take the form of a troll (the trolls are better than giants of relative HD)

At level 8, a cave troll (using natural attacks)

At level 12, taking the form of a war troll (armed with weapon of your choice)

Your Nat AC is +19 (14 +5 from Armor of the Crocodile Nature's armorment) Con is 29 (dont get bonus HP from new wildshape con tho con though) but rage and items and Steadfast determination makes that higher, giving huge will bonuses, plus the con based fort save or be stunned, each time you hit with a weapon.

High HP (almost only D10 or D12), high AC, lots of damage. Plus utility in forms, some Druid casting (level 4 spells at 12, I think) which is good enough for some great buffs.

This build focuses on melee, not spellcasting, so I would order the stats:

Con
Wis
Int
Cha
Dex (only 13, for fast wildshape)
nothing in str, leave at 8 (or lowest roll)

At level 20, you should have wilding armor and a wildshaping necklace (allowing you to take forms of 4 HD higher than normal) taking the shape of a (probably the best) Death Giant.

Huge + morphic reach = 20' reach (Enlarge person - you are still a humanoid - for Gargantuan and 25' reach!)
Nat AC = 19 + 5 NA and +2 dodge to AC +1 AC from dex when raging
Str when raging 50 (+16 if you buff Bite of the Werebear before hand)
Damage is weapon damage + 40 str (with a 2 hander) + 60 (power attack, but +80 after round 1) per hit, knockback bullrush for a +60 (power attack, +80 when appropriate) +8 size +20 str and getting +1 to hit and damage per square you push them back, + 8D6 +60 damage if you guide them into something solid, free trip attempt if it is ALSO a creature (points for throwing them off a cliff).
Full BAB, high AC, high HP, 5 attacks per round, lots of damage, roll lots of dice, lots of battlefield control, and reach on practically anything!

Sorry if the lack of completeness of this build is confusing, I suffer from TV-grabbing-my-attention-itis

EDIT Fist of the Forrest, just 1 level, for con to AC will give you stupid amazing AC

Tvtyrant
2013-07-06, 08:37 PM
Illumian Cleric//Druid is a good one, with some leeway between Master of Many Forms or Bone Knight for Prcs. Master of Many Forms lets you get up to Gargantuan forms, which is awesome combined with illumian persisted buffs. Bone Knight grants you armor that a Druid can wear with tons of immunities stacked on it, and you retain double 9s.

zlefin
2013-07-06, 08:44 PM
there's also mass dips. druid on one side, and the other is just a whole bunch of 1-2 level dips in things, fighter 2, monk 2, tob something 2, etc

Lucid
2013-07-06, 09:31 PM
Dwarf Druid 20//Unarmed swordsage 2/Spirit Lion Barbarian 1/Fighter 2/Fist of the Forest 3/Deepwarden 2/Warshaper 3/Master of Many of Forms 7

You'd get Wis to AC, Con to AC twice, Pounce, maneuvers and more.

This is obviously also mostly a wildshaping build, but it gets a lot of passive abilities, and you could always swap some levels for something more befitting a summoner.

I'd look for abilities that would get you extra actions, like Factotums' cunning surge, Psion using Schism.
This Wizard variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/specialistWizardVariants.htm#conjurerVariants) might also be of interest.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-06, 10:20 PM
The next gestalt game I get to play in I am running this:

pixie druid20//la4/totemist4/unarmed swordsage2/spirit lion totem whirling frenzy barbarian1/saint2/warshaper4/totemist4/warblade1

Feats:
flaw: sacred vow
flaw:spell focus(conjuration)
1st: vow of poverty
3rd: augment summoning
6th: natural spell
9th: multiattack
12th: extend spell
15th:draconic wildshape
18th: improved natural attack (claws)

The exalted feats are hard to pick (though exalted wildshape is glorious), because most of them are crap, but because both druid and totemist have issues with normal magic items, VoP is as good as it's every going to be (still pretty bad).

Pixie gives a menagerie of cool abilities, including insane SR, always active invisibility, various SLAs and superb stat boosts.

Unarmed swordsage gives some neat kung-fu, though I am slightly more interested in the passives and counters.

Totemist offers more natural weapons to ensure that I can handily and rapidly eliminate any foe in reach, plus other useful tools (like move action teleports).

Blah blah barbarian offers pounce and the whirling frenzy is just icing.

Saint template gives a ton of cool benefits, wis to AC (stacks with swordsage), more statbuffs, resistances, immunities, and some more SLAs.

Warshaper offers some great tools for anyone who spends a lot of time out of their native form. Extra reach, extra natural weapons, and more. The normal downside of not incrementing you wildshape is a non-issue.

Warblade is there for nabbing iron heart surge and a couple other neat toys, better than 9th level of totemist anyway.

The feats are mostly based on tearing things up in melee combat as an animal (or dragon), but with your sky high wisdom your spell's saves are going to be obnoxiously high, and augment summoning is just too good to pass up.

I could have focused on summoning or general spellcasting, but pure visceral thrill of cutting folks up the old fashioned way is too alluring to not take.

geekintheground
2013-07-07, 01:33 AM
isnt there a way to enchant your natural weapons in wildshape form?

Norin
2013-07-07, 01:45 AM
Mantle of the beast for 18k gold helps. Wild shape as swift if you are not in wild shape all day.

isnt there a way to enchant your natural weapons in wildshape form?

Magic fang spells?

geekintheground
2013-07-07, 01:50 AM
i meant a way to give them weapon properties like "flaming" or "energy aura"

Darth Stabber
2013-07-07, 01:51 AM

The problem was not being in wildshape all the time. That's the solution, just be an animal all the time, you save transformation time that way.

ArcturusV
2013-07-07, 01:59 AM
Geek: You'd be looking for something like the Amulet of Natural Attacks, which can be given weapon properties. Combined with a Wilding Clasp on it, or similar method to make sure it applies while you're in wild shape.

Then you can have Icy, Fiery, Holy, Thunder Bear Claws.

geekintheground
2013-07-07, 02:06 AM
Geek: You'd be looking for something like the Amulet of Natural Attacks, which can be given weapon properties. Combined with a Wilding Clasp on it, or similar method to make sure it applies while you're in wild shape.

Then you can have Icy, Fiery, Holy, Thunder Bear Claws.

thank you!

Spuddles
2013-07-07, 02:07 AM
You could put cleric/malconvoker on the other side. That'd be a pretty neat druid. Normally malconvoker's kinda weak, but in gestalt it should be fine.

Mantle of the beast for 18k gold helps. Wild shape as swift if you are not in wild shape all day.

wildshape is useful, but spells >>>> melee full attacks

If I am playing T1, it's to not have to hit things like a peasant :smallwink:

ArcturusV
2013-07-07, 02:08 AM
Yeah but there's still something fun about the bear riding a bear, shooting bears. Can't underestimate that.

Rubik
2013-07-07, 02:13 AM
thank you!You can't do that with amulets of mighty fists, but you CAN do so using the necklace of natural weapons, from Savage Species, and it costs a lot less...unless you're enhancing three or more magical weapons. Might I suggest Permanency and Greater Magic Fang, as well as a metamagicked Weapon of Energy spell, from Savage Species?

Anything else that grants Permanency-able effects for natural weapons?

geekintheground
2013-07-07, 02:25 AM
so its only 1 type of attack/necklace, unless (i assume) you bump up the cost a lot?

Rubik
2013-07-07, 02:29 AM
so its only 1 type of attack/necklace, unless (i assume) you bump up the cost a lot?One necklace costs 600 gp, and it allows you to enhance each type of natural weapon individually. So a +1 necklace for claws costs 2,600 gp. A +1 necklace for claws, bite, wing buffets, and slams would cost 8,600 gp. Adding flaming onto any one of those would cost an additional +6,000 per natural weapon you affect. Or, you could put flaming on one, frost on another, and so on.

Norin
2013-07-07, 02:33 AM
wildshape is useful, but spells >>>> melee full attacks

If I am playing T1, it's to not have to hit things like a peasant :smallwink:

The druid I am playing now uses wild shape mainly as utility and backup with main focus on casting. I see where you are comming from. ;)

Spuddles
2013-07-07, 03:02 AM
Yeah but there's still something fun about the bear riding a bear, shooting bears. Can't underestimate that.

Oh, absolutely, and with all the different forms out there, so you can really beat the snot out of enemies a lot of different ways.

But I just find spellcasting more enjoyable and laser moose has a gore attack.

The druid I am playing now uses wild shape mainly as utility and backup with main focus on casting. I see where you are comming from. ;)

It's hard to beat wildshape in terms of utility. Dire bat form is amazing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQvnhNVgxQ).

Gadora
2013-07-07, 03:51 AM
thank you guys so much! im thinking of mainly casting/summoning, so i'll probably go with a cleric, i shouldnt overshadow the rest of the group too much since i play so poorly (and there are house rules that keep these classes from being too good anyway). does natural spell let you cast ANY spell, or just those on the druid list?

If you want to go druid//cleric with a focus on summoning, you might want to grab Imbued Summoning out of the PHB II, and slap Divine Metamagic on it. This would let you cast a buff on a summon, as it comes into play, without spending an additional action on it. It only lets you cast level 3 or lower buffs through it though. While this only costs two uses of turn undead, meaning you can pull it off several times a day, it really only helps with spending your low level spells so its ultimate usefulness is debatable.

geekintheground
2013-07-07, 07:49 PM
here was my final result for anyone who cares:
Druid23/Shiba Protector1//Fighter2/Rogue2/Cloistered Cleric 20
(if it matters, thats the exact order i took the levels in too)

can someone help me calculate my BAB and Base saves? i think its
BAB: +18/+13/+18/+4
Fort:15 Ref:15 Will:19

thanks again for all you guys's help!

Immabozo
2013-07-08, 12:00 AM
here was my final result for anyone who cares:
Druid23/Shiba Protector1//Fighter2/Rogue2/Cloistered Cleric 20
(if it matters, thats the exact order i took the levels in too)

can someone help me calculate my BAB and Base saves? i think its
BAB: +18/+13/+18/+4
Fort:15 Ref:15 Will:19

thanks again for all you guys's help!

I am saddened. At level 22, with a wildshaping build, you could be running around with no-fail-on-a-1 +30 fort save, +30 will, AC mid 70's-80's with 24 vorporal attacks per round and a +50 to hit...

EDIT: War Hulk could have made that +4 more to hit, and each attack hits 3 squares. All 10 levels would make that a +10 to hit and every attack hits all squares you threaten...

EDIT #2: and a butt load of immunities, DR, SR, (ex) natural ranged attack for 10D6 20 ft radius, twice per round, speed 50ft, and other nifty things

geekintheground
2013-07-08, 12:46 AM
i know it it isnt optimal (it might not even be close), but i put a lot of effort into this and the full build looks pretty cool... i just cant wrap my head around the math of gestalt...

Immabozo
2013-07-08, 01:43 AM
i know it it isnt optimal (it might not even be close), but i put a lot of effort into this and the full build looks pretty cool... i just cant wrap my head around the math of gestalt...

If you had fun and will have fun building it, that's all that matters. Yes, gestalt math is a pain.