PDA

View Full Version : Comedic Potential of V's body.

Sunken Valley
2013-07-06, 02:52 PM
V's body is shielded from all harm.

I can see the scenario happening the next time the IFCC do this (not this time). Xykon appears. The IFCC cash in their deal to take V out of the fight. Xykon beats up the party, even taking Roy's sword out of the fight. Just as he's about to kill some of the group with meteor swarm...one of the characters uses V's body as a shield against the spells. Then Roy uses V's body as an improvised invulnerable weapon to beat up Xykon. All the while V is watching and complaining (with Blackwing making a joke about how both V's magic and body is being used as a club).

Thoughts?

ORione
2013-07-06, 03:00 PM
I don't think that the rest of OotS is going to know that V's body would be shielded from harm. Your scenario could still happen, if Belkar is the one using V as a shield.

Kiraxa
2013-07-06, 03:06 PM
I don't think that the rest of OotS is going to know that V's body would be shielded from harm. Your scenario could still happen, if Belkar is the one using V as a shield.

I highly doubt Belkar would use any of the order as a shield, after how shaken he was by Durkon dying for him.

Ted The Bug
2013-07-06, 03:11 PM
I would love this.

I would love this so much.

The general idea of an invulnerable but nonetheless helpless character is a fun one with lots of potential. Can't wait for the next few books already.

HanKhalifa
2013-07-06, 03:26 PM
I don't think that the rest of OotS is going to know that V's body would be shielded from harm.

This. Very much this. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting and creative idea, and hilarious at that, but I don't see any non-hamfisted discovery of V's body's temporary invulnerability happening. And the Giant doesn't really do hamfisted.

The Order would probably be freaked out enough to find V as a pseudo-dead, unconscious log, considering she doesn't sleep and trancing is readily identifiable. I really doubt they would have any reason to check for invulnerability, let alone try and hurt her. However, I could maybe see something happening to her in that state which should have certainly killed her, and them being all "WTF is going on, mate?".

Still, a little too random, imo. And not worth pulling a fast one like the one described on the chances that she does happen to be invulnerable. Now watch me be wrong :P

King of Nowhere
2013-07-06, 04:42 PM
Well, V may actually confess everything to roy, now that he realizes the importance of it.

Aside from that, yes, it was quite a funny idea, but for some reason I don't see it as likely

Vinyadan
2013-07-06, 05:07 PM
Without Vaarsuvius's will keeping it at bay, the arcane might hosted in his body will explode in a massive elven faaaaart of fire and brimstone. Death and destruction will ensue.

Sunken Valley
2013-07-06, 05:47 PM
Do bear in mind that Rich has had one character use another character as an improvised tool in every colour book except DSTP (which could count if you factor in Roy as a bone golem). V as a magic detector. Teather Ball Special with Belkar Bitterleaf. Eye of Fear and Flame Gun. Kobold Crossbow. More I've forgot about.

Also every single book has had a character use an improvised weapon on at least two separate occasions.

Demolator
2013-07-06, 05:49 PM
Not that it'd be very hard, but how would the order find V's body in the first place?

CRtwenty
2013-07-06, 05:51 PM
I personally want to see Elan and Belkar act out weekend at Bernies with V's body.

DaggerPen
2013-07-06, 08:27 PM
That would be freaking hilarious. I imagine the IFCC might not be too thrilled about that, though - I could see them returning V just in time to get a particularly nasty hit and then yanking zir back again before zie could do anything a few times until the others cut that out.

Ninja
2013-07-07, 07:18 AM
That would be freaking hilarious. I imagine the IFCC might not be too thrilled about that, though - I could see them returning V just in time to get a particularly nasty hit and then yanking zir back again before zie could do anything a few times until the others cut that out.

There's no evidence so far that the possession can be cut up like that. It is possible that once one fiend takes over, he has to use his allotted time all at once.

Also, this goes for all the forumites. Please, please stop using those ridiculous "zir", "zie", "zhoink" and other made up pronouns to refer to V. Do you believe she is female? Use female pronouns? You think she is a male? Use male pronouns. The way some people do it now is just an eye-sore in an otherwise good post, and it breaks the flow of the text while reading it.

DaggerPen
2013-07-07, 08:54 AM
There's no evidence so far that the possession can be cut up like that. It is possible that once one fiend takes over, he has to use his allotted time all at once.

Also, this goes for all the forumites. Please, please stop using those ridiculous "zir", "zie", "zhoink" and other made up pronouns to refer to V. Do you believe she is female? Use female pronouns? You think she is a male? Use male pronouns. The way some people do it now is just an eye-sore in an otherwise good post, and it breaks the flow of the text while reading it.

No.

All pronouns are made up pronouns. What, do you think that "he" and "she" grew naturally inside fruits?

I don't think that V is either male or female. I think that V is genderqueer, and as such I use the same pronouns as several of my genderqueer friends. Don't like it, tough.

As for the possession time - it's possible that the possession time can't be cut short. It does seem kind of odd to me, though, as the contract didn't really specify either way about that, and it seems that vagueness in the contract serves the fiends' interests.

rgrekejin
2013-07-07, 09:36 AM
Perhaps the Monster in the Darkness will find V's comatose body, and spend a few comics having tea with her.

Also, the "What pronouns are appropriate for V" discussion has been had recently. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286170&page=2) Please don't derail this thread with it.

Jay R
2013-07-07, 09:41 AM
Don't forget that the Order aren't the only people there. Zzd'tri would be quite happy using V's body as a shield, not knowing it's invulnerable.

F.Harr
2013-07-07, 11:17 AM
V's body is shielded from all harm.

I can see the scenario happening the next time the IFCC do this (not this time). Xykon appears. The IFCC cash in their deal to take V out of the fight. Xykon beats up the party, even taking Roy's sword out of the fight. Just as he's about to kill some of the group with meteor swarm...one of the characters uses V's body as a shield against the spells. Then Roy uses V's body as an improvised invulnerable weapon to beat up Xykon. All the while V is watching and complaining (with Blackwing making a joke about how both V's magic and body is being used as a club).

Thoughts?

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The general idea of an invulnerable but nonetheless helpless character is a fun one with lots of potential.

That's true!

This. Very much this. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting and creative idea, and hilarious at that, but I don't see any non-hamfisted discovery of V's body's temporary invulnerability happening. And the Giant doesn't really do hamfisted.

The Order would probably be freaked out enough to find V as a pseudo-dead, unconscious log, considering she doesn't sleep and trancing is readily identifiable. I really doubt they would have any reason to check for invulnerability, let alone try and hurt her. However, I could maybe see something happening to her in that state which should have certainly killed her, and them being all "WTF is going on, mate?".

I think you just found it.

I personally want to see Elan and Belkar act out weekend at Bernies with V's body.

While quoting Barney Stinson's recorded desire to want that done with his own corpse?

Perhaps the Monster in the Darkness will find V's comatose body, and spend a few comics having tea with her.

Bua ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa! [Spelling change intentional].

Don't forget that the Order aren't the only people there. Zzd'tri would be quite happy using V's body as a shield, not knowing it's invulnerable.

Oh, that could be fun! :D

warrl
2013-07-07, 03:48 PM

How about those of us who believe that V's gender is indeterminate or unspecified?

Lord Torath
2013-07-07, 08:15 PM
How about those of us who believe that V's gender is indeterminate or unspecified?Please discuss that at the link below. Not here.
Also, the "What pronouns are appropriate for V" discussion has been had recently. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286170&page=2) Please don't derail this thread with it.

I'm seeing someone using V as a surfboard!

Kiraxa
2013-07-07, 08:17 PM
How about those of us who believe that V's gender is indeterminate or unspecified?

{SCRUBBED} since the giant said she has a specific gender, and only started doing the ambiguous jokes when people couldn't tell what gender she is.

Sylthia
2013-07-07, 10:05 PM
I can say that this was not what I expected from the title name.

CRtwenty
2013-07-08, 02:33 AM
EDITED: The Giant's comments are way better than mine.

Anyway V's currently indestructible body could have a whole bunch of uses. Door prop, hat rack, fashion mannequin. The possibilities are endless!

The Giant
2013-07-08, 02:54 AM
No flaming.
There are already threads to discuss both V's gender and what pronouns to use. Use them, not another unrelated thread.
Please do not tell other posters how to post, including what pronouns to use and why.
Don't post meaningless content-free posts. If you don't have something to say about the topic of the thread, don't post here.

F.Harr
2013-07-08, 12:29 PM
Please discuss that at the link below. Not here.

I'm seeing someone using V as a surfboard!

Ooh! Like in the Humanx books.

Anyway V's currently indestructible body could have a whole bunch of uses. Door prop, hat rack, fashion mannequin. The possibilities are endless!

Step ladder?

Bulliton board?

Sign-post?

Staff?

Table?

Candleabra?

Christmas tree?

Pigeon roost?

Meeting place?

Planking aid?

Tripod?

Artist's model?