PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The Gol-Ka, Pathfinder Adapted Goliaths.

Dulenheim
2013-07-06, 04:19 PM
Good day playground.

For my current campaign I decided to send the players to a new continent, and one of the races I'll introduce soon are the Gol-Ka, which are the Goliath race from 3.5 d&d, though with a few minor modifications. Thus, here are their racial traits:

Standard Racial Traits

Ability Score Racial Traits: Gol-ka are extremely strong and possess very keen senses, but are not very nimble or graceful. They gain +4 Strength, +2 Wisdom and -2 Dexterity.
Size: Gol-ka are medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due their size.
Type: Gol-ka are Monstrous Humanoids.
Base Speed: Gol-ka have a base speed of 30 ft.
Languages: Gol-ka begin play speaking Gol-ka. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant and Terran.

Defense Racial Traits

Bond to the Land: Gol-ka gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when in Hills and Mountains.
Mountain-Born: Gol-ka gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to cross narrow ledges and on saving throws against altitude fatigue and sickness.
Natural Armor: Gol-ka gain a +2 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
Stability: Gol-ka receive a +4 racial bonus to their CMD when resisting bull rush or trip attempts while standing on the ground.

Feats and Skills Racial Traits

Eyes for Lies: Gol-ka gain a +2 racial bonus to Sense Motive checks.

Movement Racial Traits

Mountaineer: Gol-ka are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb checks or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.

Senses Racial Traits

Darkvision: Gol-ka can see in the dark up to 60 feet.

Offense Racial Traits

Relentless: Gol-ka gain a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the Gol-ka and its opponent are standing on the ground.
Weapon Familiarity: Gol-ka are proficient with Greatclubs, Falchions and Warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “Gol-ka” in it’s name as a Martial Weapon.

------------

Now, I know what most of you will ask: "How come you didn't add the racial ability that allows the Goliath to use large weapons?"

In short: I did, just not as a direct racial trait. As per the current set of racial traits, the average Gol-Ka has 15 RP, as per the race builder found in the Advance Race Guide (http://paizo.com/products/btpy8rv2), thus making them quite powerful already. In place of the Powerful Build Racial Trait i choose to replace it with a Racial Feat, only available to the Gol-Ka:

Titan's Grip

Your strength is almost a thing of legends, allowing you to wield monstrous weapons as if they were no bigger than knives in your hands.

Prerequisites: Str 18, base attack bonus +5, Gol-ka.

Benefit:A Gol-ka with this feat can use weapons designed for a creature one size category larger without penalty. However, her space and reach remains as of those of a creature of her size.

Normal: A Gol-ka can only wield medium sized weapons.

Special: The benefits of this feat stack with the effects of powers, abilities and spell’s that can change a subject’s size category.

Hope you guys like it. Feel free to use this race as you see fit, and if you have any feedback I'll be happy to receive it. Questions are welcomed too. :smallwink:

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.