PDA

View Full Version : Karma's Payback

CurlyKitGirl
2013-07-07, 05:24 AM
So for a while now, my mum's had some sort of pinched nerve thing preventing her from raising her dominant arm above shoulder height; I wasn't completely sympathetic.
So today I wake early early because I needed the loo, and as you do when you wake up, you stretch and roll your neck. And guess what?
Yup. A pinched nerve or some sort of torticollis because I slept in an awkward position, and the night was somewhat colder than normal this past two weeks or so.
So now I physically cannot hold my head in an upright position, tilt it to the right, or turn to quickly to the right.
It was so bad that when I was Googling "pinched nerve in neck symptoms and treatment" (because early on a Sunday morning Google is your doctor*) to see if there was a fairly simple home remedy I felt so faint and nauseous I spent an anxious half hour in the bathroom trying not to vomit.

Karma, ladies, gentlemen and others of the Playground, is not only a bitch, but has a nasty sense of humour.
Now I'm just gonna go lie down and feel sorry for myself because the best simple treatment involves a hot water bottle - which we don't own. Looks like it's off to massage therapist type person in a few days if it doesn't get better soon. Can't even change out of my damn pyjamas, and I'm not looking forward to my mum's gloating when I see her later.

Any similar tales of karmic retribution?

*Disclaimer: I don't actually recommend treating Google as your doctor. That's not a very good idea. Really.

Teddy
2013-07-07, 05:50 AM
Karma, ladies, gentlemen and others of the Playground, is not only a bitch, but has a nasty sense of humour.
Now I'm just gonna go lie down and feel sorry for myself because the best simple treatment involves a hot water bottle - which we don't own. Looks like it's off to massage therapist type person in a few days if it doesn't get better soon. Can't even change out of my damn pyjamas, and I'm not looking forward to my mum's gloating when I see her later.

Torticollis is never fun, but at least it tends to wear off in a relatively short amount of time (in the scope of a day or two). And for your hot water bottle, do you at least have a common plastic bottle to fill with hot water instead? Or boil a stone (but not for too long, you don't want it to burn you) and wrap it in a wet towel if you want to be creative. I mean, either way would would probably be better than nothing... :smallsympathy:

As far as karmic anecdotes go, not many. I'm not really the type to challenge karma, you see...