PDA

View Full Version : The Shattered Void I

kreenlover
2013-07-07, 09:29 AM
The River Hut, despite its name, is not a hut. It is a clay dome which conceals a set of stairs into the cellars, where the actual building is. Here, you will not be robbed, murdered, or kidnapped during your stay there, unless you have really earned it (and the person who wants to can afford the bribe).
The taproom is not that full. Mostly because those who come to the city often and have much coin can afford to 'make a donation' to a noble allowing them to stay in their home and have the connections to do so, or they are part of one of the thieves guilds, and sleep there.
However, it is still fairly busy for a Shurinay at noon. Several Thri-Kreen tribesmen (marked with the badge of friendship) sit at one table in the corner, while another table holds a party of tall, almost otherworldly humans.
The halfling bartender, Cela, is standing on the counter so as to be visible, and is strutting about offering the services of some of her finer 'ladies' to any guests who should be so inclined.
All in all, it is the best public inn you will find in the Free Cities.

The first floor (inside the dome)
http://newbiedm.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/round-tavern.jpg

The next few floors down (tavern room first, then bed floor, then basement
http://tiny.cc/1arwzw
And yes, I am just stealing these maps from the internet, I have no mapmaking skills

Please describe your characters

meavar
2013-07-08, 10:55 AM
A man of avarage height in the robes of a desert dweller arrives. Not much is seen from him since his face is obscured by a dragonmask and despite the heat a long cloak which seem to resemble a dragons wings hangs over his back. Overlooking the crowd already there he orders a bowl of Vegetable Stew and a Mug of Bitter. Walking towards a chair in the corner oppsite the Thri-Kreen he unslings his backpack and falchion and bow before settling himself next to them.

When the food arives he pushes the mask up to his turban revealing the sunburned face of a human that must have spend most of his days in the desert sun. A small wisp of his black hair shows, making it clear the guy has long hair even though most of it stays hidden.

Beheld
2013-07-08, 03:24 PM
Into the bar walks a wall of blue. After a bit, it resolves itself into a very short vaguely humanoid shape covered in odd blue protrusions. Standing at about 4 feet, the figure is clad steel blue boots, cerulean greaves, beryl guantlets, a sapphire vest, a teal mask with turquoise lenses over the eyes, cyan pauldrons, and all of it draped in a midnight blue cloak. In the gaps are spots and flashes of orange. Periodically different parts of the blue getup emit a brief flash of light before fading.

The figure walks over to the high chairs at the bar and teleports up onto one of them, pulling different coins out of small pouches in his cloak, he orders a hare, and rips into it almost animalistically.

Tacitus
2013-07-10, 10:59 PM
After several minutes a low growl fills the air as a shadow darkens the doorway and a wall of muscle attempts to force its way inside. Ridges of bone and stone along its arms, head, and back leave scars on the door as The Unbreakable Stone King makes his way inside. Once inside he rises up to a hunch that makes sure he doesn't scrape at the ceiling, his eight foot four frame dwarfing even the otherworldly humanoids in the room. He wears only pants, with both feet and chest bare to the world, which show off the smaller outcroppings of bone and granite that line his body and sometimes rub to leave behind a trail of dust. He wears a wide belt around his wait, upon which a variety of pouches hang, no doubt with a variety of trinkets. His eyes are the deepest blue, though not the unnaturally blue hue of one deeply infused with the power of souls. He has a large pack slung over one shoulder laden down with gear and a bedroll and two thick wooden poles strapped to it.

He takes a step and pauses, listening to the floorboards creak under his weight and then another. He smiles broadly and walks towards the bar to proclaim in a loud and boisterous voice, "Your finest sausage, my good lady, with all of the onions and mead you can deliver! A gold piece, and you can make change for me once I am done. And none of your ladies, please. I would certainly hurt them even if I used the utmost care. Haha! I'll be below, in search of your sturdiest chair!" And with that he drops down the passage to the room below, a massive thud proclaiming his landing.

popmicpop
2013-07-11, 01:23 PM
Soon enters another man of average height. He wears simple, thin, brown clothing and wears a hood that covers the top of his face, however, from the bottom of his face others can discern three scars that run up his face. His body is slender, but muscular, and his skin is pale. He sits down silently and orders nothing more than a glass of water, which he sips slowly.

chrisrawr
2013-07-11, 05:19 PM
K'ier is rowdily out of character; a raptoran of average build and inconspicuous in marking; lost in a crowd of his brethren, he'd be impossible to pick out for a land-bound.

The hawkish patron orders another drink for his friends, and the scant few others present. "Gold to spend today, friend-folk! New lands, new creatures." He coks his head and eyes a sudden noise - alarming those in wing-reach as he spills a few drinks on the bar, hastily pressing his head sideways against the ground.

Knowledge: Nature against the rumbling? [roll0]

Tacitus
2013-07-13, 01:15 AM
The sound grows louder as you look, loud enough that now even Ghur, the unbreakable stone king can hear the noise of the low rumbling like a far off desert storm, even though he is in the basement of the Hut.

At first Ghurs does not seem to notice the rumbling over his own enthusiastic attempts at revelry and rhythmic stomping upon the floorboards. With a speared sausage in one hand and a mug of ale in the other he grinds to a slow halt like a rolling boulder slowly bleeding out its forward momentum. He wolfs down the rest of the sausage and quaffs the remainder of the mead in one large gulp before wondering aloud, "Now what in the name of the nine burning hells is that?" He tromps back towards the ladder and begins heading up to see whats going on outside.

popmicpop
2013-07-13, 07:37 AM
is there some other factor that would tip us off as to what the rumbling is?
some other piece of this picture that seems out of place?

kreenlover
2013-07-13, 10:12 AM
As you all stand looking around other people in the street also start looking around. From buildings all along the street people start spilling out to see what could be causing this rumbling that is getting louder and louder.

As you all look around, you notice that things are starting to seem a bit more...purple than before.

Seconds after you notice this, the otherworldy humans rush out of the River Hut. Glowing blades snap into existence on their arms and the form of them form a diamond formation.

"Attention gentlesirs and madames!" One of them shouts "My name is Honlash Kurvaelrir of the Kalashtar Alpha Protectorate. You are all in danger because of dangerous escaped criminals. I suggest that you retreat indoors for your own safety! We shall handle this situation ourselves. I repeat please retreat indoors!"

He then turns towards Callaran, and gestures that he should come closer. "Please come here sir" he says.

Throughout this time the rumbling grows louder and louder, and the purple light gets more and more defined.

chrisrawr
2013-07-13, 10:31 AM
'Indoors my tail-feathers! K'ier rushes to the door, locking eyes with the Kalashtar, before calming his mind. Studying the building, he makes a deliberate set of jumps to the top of the building. 'I'll be most useful from above, against criminals.'

Taking 10 on as many jump checks as it takes to get to the top (each jump should net me 10 feet vertically, and 5 feet horizontally, after no-run penalty and 5-foot rounding). If there are any Climb checks you'd like me to make in order to hold on, I can do them in the OOC thread; otherwise, I figure there should be enough ledge-space to land on safely.

kreenlover
2013-07-13, 10:42 AM
K'ier lands safely beside Callaran atop the roof. From there you can see that people are appearing to take no heed of what the Kalashtar have said, and many are actually jeering at them for presuming to tell the people of the Free City what to do. More than one person shouts "You have no authority here freaks!" as well as "Go back to the world you belong in! This is our world, our chance, not yours!" and similar epithets

meavar
2013-07-13, 10:52 AM
Walking to Taj, and making sure the animal is still calm Akarin walks to Honlash.
"What is known of those criminals and perhaps I could be of assistance? For I am certainly not leaving Taj out here alone if criminals are about."

Asuming Honlash would accept the help Akarin jumbs into the saddle.
If he does not Akarin will look around for a place where he can get indoors together with Taj.

kreenlover
2013-07-13, 11:14 AM
"Citizen, the danger of these criminals is unknown. For your own safety you should retreat indoors. The animal is a mere beast. You can replace it quickly if anything happens, but you cannot replace your own life. However, the criminals should not be interested in animals, so it should be safe. Yet if you still wish to render your assistance, you may stay back from the fighting and warn the other citizens of this danger. Try to convince them to get inside. We do not need your assistance in this"

He turns to his squad, and lifts his own mindblade into the air. "Squad! Prepare for combat. Energize Mind Blades!"" Their mind blades all flash for a moment, then begin to shimmer. He beckons to Callaran again.
"Again, citizen, I must ask you to come here"

Beheld
2013-07-13, 12:30 PM
Callaran jumps down and walk over to about 10ft away from Honlush.

"Yes."

kreenlover
2013-07-13, 12:42 PM
"Citizen, you were the first out of the building and the first atop the building. Have you seen anything suspicious?"

Beheld
2013-07-13, 02:25 PM
"The world is slightly purple here, and it seems to be coming from a very small purple dot there." Callaran points to the sky. "It is very difficult to see, but I have good eye sight."

Tacitus
2013-07-13, 11:16 PM
Ghurs crouches with one hand on the rumbling earth, his massive bulk still rising higher than the gnome. As the Kalashtar call for a retreat he snorts and shakes his head. He clenches his fists as he rises to his full height, "Could tell people to get indoors and they might listen, but I'd rather put my fists in someone's face. What nonsense does The Unbreakable Stone King face today?"

popmicpop
2013-07-13, 11:41 PM
Sur, silent and motionless until this point, steps forward. Yes, maybe if you were more specific as to the nature of this incident, people would be more inclined to listen.

meavar
2013-07-14, 02:04 AM
Walking towards some people, Akarin speaks to those who look like they could use a weapon. "Ok, it is probably going to get dangerous here, so don't just stand there, either go inside and close your door or grab a weapon and get ready to defend yourself. The basterds won't tell us what these criminals are but since they came in force it is bound to be something dangerous. I suggest forming small groups with a few archers and one or two swordmen. Till we know what they are capable of try not to engage, let's let the Kalishar do the dying for us."

kreenlover
2013-07-14, 09:11 AM
The purple light goes out, and the rumbling quiets again.

Then, a bolt of purple streaks down from the sky with a horrible screeching tearing noise. It flies erratically, disintegrating whatever it touches. After flying through several buildings, it flies up again, and comes crashing down in the middle of the Kalashtar formation.

Before the Kalashtar have time to react a blast of heat, so hot it scorch's your faces from where you are standing, flows out from the now still purple line.

The Kalashtar seem to wilt, their skin cracking and blistering from the intense heat. The Rift starts to spark, and a corona of lightning forms around it. As the Kalashtar burn, electricity plays over their skins, until they collapse, either unconscious or dead, you cannot tell.

The lightning dies out, and the heat fades. The line begins to slide apart into two lines, slowly forming a doorway, a portal to somewhere else. You can't see enough through it yet to discern where it goes, only flashes of colour, moving shadows, and a muted purple light.

chrisrawr
2013-07-14, 09:28 AM
K'ier screeches as his feathers cinder, leaving tender wings bare and red. He screeches for the fallen, as well, but mostly because having half your ruffling melted to your wings is a female eagle.

Oh. Right. And now he wouldn't be able to fly, for a while at least. That sudden realization caused him as much sorrow as anything else, as he resolved against the foolish revenge his hind-brain was calling for.

popmicpop
2013-07-14, 10:44 PM
Sur seems entranced as the heat dies down and he steps slowly towards the portal I've seen this before, or at least....something like it he thinks aloud.

Tacitus
2013-07-15, 01:08 AM
The blast of heat causes the massive man to rock back on his heels, but he quickly corrects and even seems to lean into the heat as though it were a strong wind. He begins to laugh. It is not the maniacal chittering of a psychotic, but the strong, hearty bellows of a man enjoying a good joke at a grand feast or watching a court fool dazzle the masses. One foot slides across the ground as he spreads his weight to adopt a cautious fighting stance. His fists rise, not quite to a striking position but damned close as he begins flexing his fingers. From the depths of his mind springs the form of a power of obfuscation, ready and waiting in the event that something springs from the portal looking to attack him.

Ready Action to Invisibility myself if something pops out with obvious hostile intent towards Ghurs.

Beheld
2013-07-15, 05:11 PM
As the closest person to survive, Callaran immediately ducks away when the bolt comes in, the heat washing over his body. He responds by moving back towards cover and readying an action to attack with his acid spray a specific kind of creature.

meavar
2013-07-16, 01:35 AM
As the heath wave roll's over Akarin braces himself.
"I don't know if this was what the Kalashtar expected, probably not by their looks, but what kind of criminal is this? If you have seen something like it before and have any idea what we can expect, would you care to enlighten us?"

popmicpop
2013-07-16, 11:39 PM
(assuming that was directed at me for my earlier comment)

I have seen this before yes, but I don't know what it is, and I know even less of what to expect. All I know is what is obvious: its a portal to....somewhere. And I would be wary if I were you, my single experience with this sort of thing brought unimaginable horrors in tow, but I have no idea what other things it could bring, or even take, for that matter.

kreenlover
2013-07-17, 10:12 AM
The Rift opens wider and wider. Through it, you can see a purple shape.

A man steps through. Although man is not really the right term. Purple skin, with massive ears, he is horrific to look at.

Following him are several others that look similar. But, while the first thing wears a ragtag patchwork outfit made of hide, the others all wear red and orange jumpsuits.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/LravUC50yxIzWg_U5kxEFTSdUi8BjirIw24XDTmsv2_3vwMsll uIrWpltZYoFtDQi87PlH94OGlAksK5r1AVzgGj2Z0VXHGEUPTd mi6RgrplhJnNRha0STGx

Callaran, I believe this triggers your readied action.

Beheld
2013-07-17, 12:14 PM
Callaran launches an Acid Shot at the first creature through.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage, and again next round if it hits and isn't neutralized.

"Everyone, we should probably kill these things as fast as possible."

kreenlover
2013-07-17, 02:01 PM
The first one through staggers backwards as acid splatters over his face. He wipes it away from his eyes and casts around for the source.

When his eyes land upon you he bares his fangs in a snarl.

"Callaran! You stop my escape, you cause me to lose an ear, and now you assault me again! Aggh! This acid, it burns! You shall die this time, and then I shall feast on your luck!"

Claws burst into existence from the backs of his hands, and he steps forwards so that another ten people like him can file out.

Four immediately take off down the street and start attacking regular citizens while the six stay by the leaders side to back him up.

The leader stares at Callaran and spits out more words.

"And once you are dead, I shall raise you as one of us! My eternal slave Callaran! How does that sound! You and I can drain the world of luck together as I make you suffer for eternity for what you have done to me! We can burn the world together Callaran! And you can suffer, knowing that you are killing all that is good!"

chrisrawr
2013-07-18, 05:51 PM
From the rooftop, K'ier notes the hostile intent of the creatures that have appeared. Sense Motive and Knowledge: Psionics on 'em

SM[roll0]
KP[roll1]

Tacitus
2013-07-18, 09:20 PM
Ghurs
HP 52/52, AC 23/13T/20FF, DR 8/Adamantine, 50ft Land/30ft Burrow

The giant of a man strides forward, laughing heartily all the while. He stops in front of the leader of these purple creatures and raises his flattened hands to rest just in front of his eyes. A moment of concentration and his pink and fingernails glint in the light as small crystalline growths appear from the flecks of stone across his skin. His eyes flick open and he focuses on the leader, "I cannot condone harming the innocent. I will be taking blood from you in equal measure." He rears back onto one leg and brings one massive foot down upon the sands, releasing a powerful shockwave from the impact, augmented with a touch of psychic power.

Move to J12. With a 50ft movement speed I don't image this will be a problem from just about anywhere.
Standard: Stomp psi-like ability. 20ft cone straight out in front. Should catch the leader and two others I think? Those in the area must make a DC 13 reflex save or take [roll0] nonlethal damage and fall prone.

May want to consider marking creatures on your map. Just citing locations is fine, but my brain is having trouble with it. >.>

chrisrawr
2013-07-18, 09:48 PM
HP 40/40, AC 25/25T/19FF, 40ft Land/50ft Glide/10ft Drop

K'ier, while a slight more stoic than the boisterous man who'd pulled forward, also launched into action. Leaping from his perch, he streaked forward, intent on nailing the one who'd spoken. 'No one interrupts my celebrations, incinerates a bunch of Kalashtar, and then threatens random bystanders on my watch!'

Moving to (J,10) with a Charge (using his ability to glide in order to place him 5' above the leader -- +1 to-hit for high ground!), K'ier takes note of what he's observed so far, incorporating it into a knowledge check for Knowledge Devotion ([roll0] +5 or +10 depending on Psionic or Nature, whichever is more appropriate).

He'll finish his charge with an attack; a Flurry of kicks!
Attack Rolls:
1[roll1]
2[roll2]
3[roll3]
4[roll4]

Damage Rolls:
1[roll5]
2[roll6]
3[roll7]
4[roll8]

If Crits:
Crit Conf Rolls:
1[roll9]
2[roll10]
3[roll11]
4[roll12]

Crit Damage Rolls:
1[roll13]
2[roll14]
3[roll15]
4[roll16]

3 Attacks of Opportunity remaining.

kreenlover
2013-07-18, 09:53 PM
The two behind the leader fall prone as the wave passes by them, but the leader manages to remain standing.

K'ier flies over and strikes at the leader. The first three strikes slash his skin, revealing oozing yellow blood, but he manages to dodge the last attack. However, his skin seems tougher than it should be, and the claws do not sink all the way in. Although one is truly a grievous blow, he still does not seem fazed. Even as the wounds are made, they begin to heal.

Map (with bad guy placements)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/v7hRwKc4VFYq07OHZkJX1SJEErIN4APMPx2U17b2r743Jp2psg 9gCEJZcg-X2RSCrpWOYpB18nd7XoPjTIGsAwPyCdRwyEPwK7KsYVUatTQs1 O7mvo2m4KImSQ

popmicpop
2013-07-18, 10:24 PM
There is no room in this life for criminals as diabolical as you claim to be Sur says as he steps forward, and attempts to deliver a powerful blow to the leader's head.

Sur moves to K10, and attempts an unarmed strike/sneak attack/stunning fist attack
Attack:
(1d20+7) total:18
Damage:
(1d8+2d6+3) total:13
Plus DC15 fortitude save to avoid being stunned

kreenlover
2013-07-18, 10:26 PM
Yah might want to fix your rolls.

meavar
2013-07-19, 07:14 AM
Akarin
HP 54/54, AC 22/19T/20FF, (+2 ac if evil)
Taj
HP 45/45, AC 16/11T/14FF, 50ft Land/50ft climb

Running towards the two on the left Taj jumbs and bites the leftmost one swallowing part of the arm whole, closely followed by a massive sweep from akarin's scimitar that took a nip out of the creatures weapon when he deflected the attack, but unfortunately leaving the purple mostrosity intact.

I should now be in G10 I think
If possible a charge in wich case I get another +2 to hit.
bite [roll0]
[roll1]

slash (inc power attack)
[roll2]
[roll3]

kreenlover
2013-07-19, 12:17 PM
Taj rushes forwards and takes a bite out of the one, but the monster dodges Akarin's sword.

Then they attack.

The two nearest Akarin strike at Taj, perceiving him as an easier target than his rider.

With each attack that hits Taj must make a fort save vs DC 16 or take 2 points of damage to a random ability score. Tell me if they succeed or not.
attacks (vs taj)
[roll0]
[roll1]
damage
[roll2]
[roll3]
to confirm criticals
attacks
[roll4]
[roll5]
damage
[roll6]
[roll7]

The two behind the leader step up to either side of him. One strikes at K'ier while the other strikes at Sur. The leader strikes at K'ier.

EDIT: K'ier, Sur, you each take a -2 to your saving throws as debilitating sadness flows through you.
vs Sur
With each attack that hits Sur must make a fort save vs DC 16 or take 2 points of damage to a random ability score. Tell me if they succeed or not.
attacks
[roll8]
damage
[roll9]
to confirm criticals
attacks
[roll10]
damage
[roll11]
vs K'ier
With each attack that hits K'ier must make a fort save vs listed DC or take 2 points of damage to a random ability score. Tell me if they succeed or not.
attacks
[roll12] DC 16
[roll13] DC 21
[roll14] DC 21
damage
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
to confirm criticals
attacks
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
damage
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

"We do not have to fight foolish mortals. Let me claim Callaran, and my warriors and I shall extract only a small amount of luck from you. If you strike again, you will die" the leader says as he takes a step backwards. His wounds continue to seal and sparks begin to crackle along his skin.
Into I8

Tacitus
2013-07-19, 11:22 PM
Ghurs
HP 52/52, AC 23/13T/20FF, DR 8/Adamantine, 50ft Land/30ft Burrow

"I don't respond well to threats, little man." The giant of a man strides forward, each footfall causing small ripples in aftershock of his psychic assault on the ground. He is utterly calm as he approaches, arms trembling with restrained power that slowly rises with each step. The crystalline growths on his hands flash for a moment as he raises one arm and then slashes down at the leader with extreme force.

Move: to I-10
Standard: Earth Strike (+7 to hit) Power Attacking (-4 attk/+6 Dam) Unarmed Strike!
[roll0]
[roll1]
Unarmed Strike is treated as Slashing, Magic, and all Materials for the purpose of Damage Reduction.

chrisrawr
2013-07-20, 11:33 AM
K'ier allows Ghurs to speak for him as well. Landing with a handspring, he takes off once more, talons shooting toward the malicious imp. With a scissoring motion, he seeks to rend the neck, dragging both feet down when he is unable to connect.

Move forward with a tumble [roll0], attack the leader once more.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Crits:
Sorry about my previous rolls: I just realized that my crit modifier is x3.

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

Beheld
2013-07-20, 11:56 AM
Callaran
HP 40/40, Power Resistance 14, AC 19/13T/17FF, 30ft Land

"Have I transcended mortality then? I think you'll be fighting foolish mortals no matter what you do next." Callaran will create his Arena Soul web directly under the leader.

[DC 21 save for immobilize. The web is 15ft, so anyone adjacent to him should also make a save. A Full round action can break you free with a DC 20 Strength or Reflex save.]

popmicpop
2013-07-20, 03:54 PM
Sur
HP 26/36 AC 19 T 14 FF 19

If I don't fight you now, I'll have to fight you later, if you were being honest about your plans. I cannot condone them, and you must be punished for your actions. Sur lashes out at the man in front of him.

Flurry of blows on the guy that is currently in K9

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Crits?
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

kreenlover
2013-07-20, 06:09 PM
The leader manages to dodge all but the strongest of K'ier's blows.

All of Sur's blows miss as the monster in front of him dodges back and forth.

The web lands in the middle of the group, but the leader, as well as the one facing Akarin both manage to dodge it, but another two get stuck

The ones at I9 and K9 are stuck, while the leader at I8 and the one at H9 manage to dodge the webbing

kreenlover
2013-07-20, 07:48 PM
The two strike at Ghur as he tries to pass.

[roll0]
[roll1]
damage
[roll2]
[roll3]
crit
[roll4]
[roll5]
damage
[roll6]
[roll7]

Despite this Ghur manages to land a resounding blow against the leaders chest, almost collapsing it

meavar
2013-07-21, 02:32 AM
The blue eyes of Akarin seem to shine a little bit brighter in anger from these criminals attacking Taj. "If you just wanted one guy then next time rush in, take him and run out. Don't try to go in while lighting a huge bonfire, now we are obliged to help these fellows. Besides if all you cared about was him, you should not have tried to attack Taj." Gives a quick pat to Taj's neck and before trying to decapitate the wounded evildoer in front of him.
Then Taj rears on his hind legs swiping and biting at the purple thing in front of him that tried to hit him. And while the display looks really impressive, the creatures dive out of the way, with only a minor scratch from this display of strength, it does not look to impressive.

Akarin's Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
The second roll should have been damage, but since it missed it does not matter much, that I screwed up I hope.
Bite Taj
[roll2]
[roll3]

Claws Taj
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Ride check (if needed to make an attack and let mount do a full attack)
[roll8]
Ride check if they manage to hit Taj next turn.
[roll9]

kreenlover
2013-07-21, 10:25 AM
The leader leaps forwards and slashes at K'ier's chest with one claw.

EDIT: you need to make a fort save DC 21 or take 2 points a damage to a random ability score.
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]
crits
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

"My name is Hin. I was born at the beginning of time. I have devoured the luck of King's and Gods. You shall not defeat me!"

With that he turns and runs, leaping to the top of a nearby building.

The two others who have stood off to the side so far charge into the battle. One charges Sur and the other runs, leaping to the top of the River Hut to engage Callaran while the ones on either side of Ghurs turn and strike at him. The two facing Akarin again strike out at Taj, as he seems to be the bigger threat of the two.

EDIT: everyone needs to make a fort save DC 16 or take 2 points a damage to a random ability score if hit
VS Ghurs
[roll4]
[roll5]
dmg
[roll6]
[roll7]
crits
[roll8]
[roll9]
dmg
[roll10]
[roll11]

VS Sur
[roll12]
dmg
[roll13]
crits

dmg
[roll15]]
VS Akarin
[roll16]
[roll17]
dmg
[roll18]
[roll19]
crits
[SPOILER][roll20]
[roll21]
dmg
[roll22]
[roll23]

popmicpop
2013-07-21, 11:44 AM
Sur turns to drive off his new assailant

Unarmed strike against L10

[roll0]

[roll1]

crit
[roll2]
[roll3]

meavar
2013-07-21, 03:56 PM
Taj takes a bite from the wounded criminal and then seems to withdraw on command of Akarin. But instead of a true withdrawal Akarin inhales deeply his eyes start to glow and breathes fire at the two creatures, igniting their clothes. Akarin then seems to takes half a second to shift in his saddle, and everyone closeby feels a glow encompass them. Whenever a strike seems to hit someone small scales form on the skin absorbing some of the power behind each swing.

bite of Taj
[roll0]
[roll1]

Clinging breath dc 15 ref for half
[roll2]
Time before breathing fire again:
[roll3]

Ride check for moving backwards
[roll4]
Ride check fro next round if Taj will get hit again
[roll5]

Tacitus
2013-07-21, 08:14 PM
Ghurs

"No you don't!" A massive meaty hand lashes out as crystals shatter and break away from his fingers. He seeks to grab the leader of these beasts and hold him in place.

Attack of Opportunity! Using this AoO to make a Melee Touch Attack with intent to Start a Grapple.
I provoke an Attack of Opportunity for doing so. Taking any damage negates grapple roll.
MTA: [roll0]
Grapple: [roll1]

kreenlover
2013-07-21, 08:18 PM
Ghurs

"No you don't!" A massive meaty hand lashes out as crystals shatter and break away from his fingers. He seeks to grab the leader of these beasts and hold him in place.

Attack of Opportunity! Using this AoO to make a Melee Touch Attack with intent to Start a Grapple.
I provoke an Attack of Opportunity for doing so. Taking any damage negates grapple roll.
MTA: [roll0]
Grapple: [roll1]

Hin dances away from your grasp, laughing, and strikes back at you. "You won't stop me that easily!"

As always, if he hits DC 21 fort save
[roll0]
dmg
[roll1]
crits
[roll2]
dmg
[roll3]

popmicpop
2013-07-22, 09:04 AM
In an attempt to catch the fleeing criminal, Sur rushes to the side of the building and attempts to climb it.

Im taking a risk here

I move diagonally between my enemies moving to M8, then moving to M6 and trying to climb the building

Climb check: [roll0]

Also, I forgot to factor uncanny dodge into my FF AC, so Im just letting you know, my FF is 19, not 17

kreenlover
2013-07-22, 09:51 AM
As Sur dodges between his enemies, they lash out at him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
dmg
[roll2]
[roll3]
crits
[roll4]
[roll5]
dmg
[roll6]
[roll7]

Edit: Double crit on the first guy, crit chaining in OOC.

When he reaches the building he scrambles to the top without much difficulty.

popmicpop
2013-07-22, 11:40 AM
Sur falls to the ground, overcome by his wounds

-8HP, what are the chances of a confirmed double crit?
ANS: 1 in 1333.33

stabilize roll: a 10 means Im stable

[roll0]

Tacitus
2013-07-23, 07:36 PM
Ghurs
HP 50/52, AC 23/13T/20FF, DR 8/Adamantine, 50ft Land/30ft Burrow

With a low growl the giant pulls his hand back and watches blood trickle from his fingers, the leader's strange blade able to just barely get past his stony skin. He curls back three of his fingers and points with his index finger to the creature on his left, "You lose your life because your leader is a coward." He twists his body and thrusts his finger out in a flash, gleaming crystal extending from his fingertip to pierce the creature's flesh.

Swift: Versatile Unarmed Strike, Piercing.
Standard: Unarmed Strike
Melee: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Unarmed Strike is treated as Piercing, Magic, and all Materials for the purpose of Damage Reduction.

kreenlover
2013-07-23, 07:42 PM
Ghur's fist lashes out, and the crystals stab deep into the monster's chest.

As Ghur pulls his fist free with a sucking sound, the monster drops.

However, he is still breathing and his wounds continue to heal

This is one of the ones who was caught by your Stomp, so he took nonlethal damage. This is why he is unconscious but not quite dead yet (and in fact still healing)

Beheld
2013-07-24, 03:46 PM
Callaran
HP 40/40, Power Resistance 14, AC 19/13T/17FF, 30ft Land

Callaran fire forth a burst of colored lights over the creature attempting to engage him.

[DC 21 will save or stunned for [roll0] rounds.]

kreenlover
2013-07-24, 06:25 PM
The Luckeater in front of Callaran staggers backwards, blinded for a second as the blaze of light washes over him.

[roll0] vs your stun thing. If he is stunned do you want to take your move action? maybe get close to Sur so you can heal him next round?

chrisrawr
2013-07-26, 07:48 PM
With a skree, K'ier plays follow the leader, leaping high to avoid the strikes of the luckstealer's comrades.

"The law of this world is what we make it - allowing you to continue this chaos is unacceptable!" The raptoran is clearly distraught at the thought of allowing such a rambunctious and destructive fellow to escape.

HP 29/40, AC 25/25T/19FF, 40ft Land/50ft Glide/10ft Drop

Landing close behind the luckstealer, he strikes out with a series of sweeping kicks, arms and wing-remnants held high for support and balance on the rooftop.

Sorry I was away for so long! I've been severely dehydrated from pooping and puking my guts out :c

A leaping charge at the Leader!

Attack 1 [roll0]
Attack 2 [roll1]
Attack 3 [roll2]
Attack 4 [roll3]

Damage 1 [roll4]
Damage 2 [roll5]
Damage 3 [roll6]
Damage 4 [roll7]

Crits:

Attack 1 [roll8]
Attack 2 [roll9]
Attack 3 [roll10]
Attack 4 [roll11]

Damage 1 [roll12]
Damage 2 [roll13]
Damage 3 [roll14]
Damage 4 [roll15]

kreenlover
2013-07-27, 02:31 PM
As Hin and K'ier trade blows atop the building the others try to press their advantage. Ignoring the unconscious Sur, the two nearest Ghurs charge in at him. The one that he had knocked unconscious shakes his head and moves to stand up again.

targeting K'ier. If they hit, make a DC 21 fort save
[roll0]
[roll1]
dmg
[roll2]
[roll3]
crits
[roll4]
[roll5]
dmg
[roll6]
[roll7]

Ghurs
If you want to take your AoA vs the guy standing up:
[roll8]
dmg
[roll9]

Targeting Ghurs. If they hit make a DC 16 fort save.
[roll10]
[roll11]
dmg
[roll12]
[roll13]
crits
[roll14]
[roll15]
dmg
[roll16]
[roll17]
If the one is not killed by the AoA
[roll18]
dmg
[roll19]
crits

[roll20]
dmg
[roll21]

The one next to Callaran stands there stunned, while the two next to Akarin this time lash out at him, trying to stop the burning breath from coming again.

Targeting Akarin. If they hit make a fort save vs DC 16.
[roll22]
[roll23]
dmg
[roll24]
[roll25]
crits
[roll26]
[roll27]
dmg
[roll28]
[roll29]

Hin seems to be fighting faster than a normal person could, as if he is in a slightly different timestream. After delivering his blows, a blue halo appears around his head, the sign of someone manifesting a power.

popmicpop
2013-07-27, 04:28 PM
Lets see if I stabilized

[roll0]

Tacitus
2013-07-29, 03:58 PM
Ghurs
HP 50/52, AC 23/13T/20FF, DR 8/Adamantine, 50ft Land/30ft Burrow

Ghurs is about to turn to his new foes when he notices the one he had laid low attempting to rise again. With a mighty frown he stares at the wounded creature and nods, "A warrior's death. Take it, with my compliments, to your afterlife." His finger lances out again to skewer the warrior, and in the next moment he twists to face the new attackers and impale the next with his massive meaty finger.

AoO taken as you have rolled it. Yummy.

Attacking the next one nearest to the one that just ate my AoO. I would prefer a wounded/Nonlethal'ed over a fresh one.
Standard: Unarmed Strike
Melee: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Unarmed Strike is treated as Piercing, Magic, and all Materials for the purpose of Damage Reduction.

meavar
2013-07-31, 12:34 AM
Akarin
HP 54/54, AC 22/19T/20FF, (+2 ac if evil)
Taj
HP 45/45, AC 16/11T/14FF, 50ft Land/50ft climb

While Taj bites the evil creature in the arm a blueish light comes from under the dragon mask of Akarin.
"Fearfull of a little fire are we? Do not worry I will give you more soon enough."
When with a massive swordstroke Akarin cleaves into the thug, splitting the first creature from shoulder to hip. While in the same fluid movement Akarin turns 90 degrees and smashes his falchion, with devastating force into the other creature in front of him nearly cutting him in half as well.

Taj
Bite
[roll0]
[roll1]
claws
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Akarin
Akarin changed his dragon aura to vigor (everyone has fast healing 1 within 30 ft when they have less then half hp)
[roll6]
[roll7]

kreenlover
2013-07-31, 05:17 PM
Ghurs smashes out with his fist, crushing the life out of the one who tried to stand. His other fist flies out, and smashes one in front of him to the ground. The creature falls, knocked out, but continues to heal its wounds.

Akarin and Taj lash out at the same enemy, concentrating their attacks. As Taj's jaws close shut on the monster's arm, Akarin's blow cleaves the villain from his shoulder to his hip.

The monster falls, barely alive, yet still breathing.

Sur continues to draw shallow, close breaths for a moment.
I will roll for him to stabilize at the end of the round. Fast healing has no effect when you have negative HP, in case you thought it would help Meavar. If I am wrong in this, please correct me

chrisrawr
2013-08-04, 10:46 AM
HP 30/40, AC 25/25T/19FF, 40ft Land/50ft Glide/10ft Drop

Taking his chances, K'ier attempts to disrupt the glowing humanoid before whatever foul intentions it has bear fruit.

ONE MORE GO LET'S DO THIS

ATTACK [roll0]
ATTACK [roll1]
ATTACK [roll2]
ATTACK [roll3]

DAMAGE [roll4]
DAMAGE [roll5]
DAMAGE [roll6]
DAMAGE [roll7]

CRITS

ATTACK [roll8]
ATTACK [roll9]
ATTACK [roll10]
ATTACK [roll11]

DAMAGE [roll12]
DAMAGE [roll13]
DAMAGE [roll14]
DAMAGE [roll15]

popmicpop
2013-08-11, 12:59 PM
it's stabilize-or-die time

[roll0]

kreenlover
2013-08-25, 01:20 PM
K'ier lashes out with a flurry of claw strikes. Three miss, but the final one hits.

The claws slash across Hin's neck almost faster than the eye can see. The monster grasps at his torn throat, and looks surprised that you have managed to fell him. He manages a stammered "h-h-how?" before collapsing. As he falls the other monsters all let out a piercing shriek and clutch at their heads. They fall to the ground, unconscious.

Although they are defeated, Hin did not die. He is breathing very shallowly, and the grievous wound in his neck knits itself closed, to a point. Then, he glows purple again for a moment, and his body stops healing itself, leaving him unconscious, but no longer bleeding out.

meavar
2013-08-27, 12:09 AM
"So what are we going to do now?
Calaran, you probably know more about them then we do, care to explain a bit what just happened?
Does anyone have any connections with the protectoriate, we might want to notify them?"

Tacitus
2013-08-27, 02:13 PM
Ghurs waits for a moment, hovering over his recently felled opponent. Once satisfied that the creature isn't going to get up immediately and get back in the fight he relaxes his stance. Shards of crystal fall away from his fingers as he flexes them and turns to the others and strides forward, "Aye, some answers would be grand. Come down, and bring him with you, if it yet lives."

chrisrawr
2013-09-03, 05:16 PM
"Does anyone have something sturdier than rope? I refuse to see a defenseless being killed, even one such as this, but I lack the means to restrain him."

Tacitus
2013-09-03, 05:31 PM
Ghurs takes a moment to retrieve a pair of heavy (masterwork) manacles and a lock (amazing) from his bag (which is back inside maybe?), and offers them, "I also have mystic sand one can shape into objects, but the creature could surely also take control of it."

popmicpop
2013-09-04, 07:07 PM
Sur wakes, and slowly stands. He looks around trying to figure out what's happened while he was out. I see that order has prevailed over chaos, and good over evil. My thanks to whoever healed me, I fear without aid I may have succumbed to my injuries. Now I believe an explanation of this attack is in order.

kreenlover
2013-09-05, 02:46 PM
The leader begins to stir, awakening, but thankfully bound.

meavar
2013-09-06, 12:12 AM
Akarin stands behind the leader, ready to knock him out again when it seems like he will try to do anything besides talking.

kreenlover
2013-09-06, 10:45 AM
He shakes his head, and looks around at you all.
"So, you have captured me. What now, you pump me for answers and information before killing me, or turning me over to those Kalashtar freaks?

Because I am willing to make a deal. If you set me free, I will answer all your questions. However, I must be set free before I will do so."

popmicpop
2013-09-11, 05:16 PM
Sur steps forward
And how do we know you won't just run, or teleport, or whatever you do, as soon as we release you. And even if you don't, we have no way of knowing if the information you give us is going to be at all useful, or even true, for that matter. I say we keep him in chains, and take him back to whoever lost him.