PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Can human wizard get at least one martial weapon proficiency?

isildur
2013-07-07, 12:52 PM
Without take a feat or loose Caster level.

I want to take abjurant champion prc, but martial weapon proficiency feat is total waste. Elf have longsword proficiency, but i want human wizard. There's some way?

Harrow
2013-07-07, 01:01 PM
There is some way, I believe the Martial Wizard variant from Unearthed Arcana, that allows you to trade Scribe Scroll for any Fighter Bonus Feat. Martial Weapon Proficiency is NOT a Fighter Bonus Feat, but I would ask my DM to allow it to be used as one because that makes sense and doesn't seem gamebreaking to me.

Jack_Simth
2013-07-07, 01:04 PM
Without take a feat or loose Caster level.

I want to take abjurant champion prc, but martial weapon proficiency feat is total waste. Elf have longsword proficiency, but i want human wizard. There's some way?
Well, you could take a Flaw (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm) for it.

Unearthed Arcana has a variant Wizard that trades Scribe Scroll and the Wizard bonus feat list for Fighter Bonus Feats... not that it includes Martial Weapon Proficiency.

Complete Champion, page 52, has a Wizard variant that lets you give up a bonus feat for a Cleric's domain power. War gives you martial weapon proficiency.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-07-07, 01:27 PM
Complete Champion, page 52, has a Wizard variant that lets you give up a bonus feat for a Cleric's domain power. War gives you martial weapon proficiency.

This would probably be the best one to use, give up your Wizard 5 bonus feat for Martial Weapon Proficiency and Weapon Focus. Granted there are much better abilities to pick in place of your Wizard 5 feat (Spontaneous Divination, or the Inquisition domain power), so you may just want to spend a feat on that proficiency.

There's a regional feat in PGtF called Militia which grants proficiency in all martial weapons, it can only be taken at 1st level.

ranagrande
2013-07-07, 02:57 PM
Wizard 5 into Ruathar

You get martial weapon proficiency in your choice of longsword, rapier, longbow or shortbow.

shaikujin
2013-07-07, 09:30 PM
There's also the weapon group variant in unearthed arcana (also on SRD).