PDA

View Full Version : How to get this spell?

Miranius
2013-07-07, 01:43 PM
How can i add the Spell "Telekinesis" to my available spells as a cleric?
Or rather: i want to qualify for the PrC "Master of the unseen Hand" as early as possible and have the ability to turn undead as well. The goal is a max character lvl of 12.

How can i achieve this?

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-07, 01:52 PM
you can see if your dm allows using extra spell feat for spells not on ur class spell list.

Douglas
2013-07-07, 01:55 PM
It might be better to play a wizard and get Turn Undead via Sacred Exorcist instead. You can pull that off at level 10.

If your plan is to apply Divine Metamagic to Telekinesis, you'll need the Southern Magician feat to make it work with that approach.

VGLordR2
2013-07-07, 01:59 PM
This isn't exactly what you're looking for, and probably wont fit your build. However, two levels in the Ghost Savage Progression (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) nets you Telekinesis every 1d4 rounds (not to mention flight, incorporeality, and a Charisma bump). Like I said, it may not suit your character or your campaign, but it's worth looking at.

HunterOfJello
2013-07-07, 02:02 PM
Cleric 12
12th level feat: Extra Spell (Telekenesis)
Some DMs wouldn't allow this feat to get a spell off of a different spell list. The writers should have been more specific about things. Your DM may say this one is fine.

The Air Bloodline Feat along with a method of spontaneously casting arcane spells added in before it will also work. There are a few ways of doing that and DMs have different opinions on which are valid and which are not.
~~~

Did you want to be able to go into Master of the Unseen Hand at 12 or already have levels in it at 12?

kellbyb
2013-07-07, 02:19 PM
If you're not concerned about how powerful your turn undead is against undead, go naenhoon illumian cleric 1/wizard 9. Naenhoon's ability is cheaper and more versatile than divine metamagic - it can be applied to any metamagic feat and you can use it on arcane spells. Or, in keeping with the level 12 limit, you could go cleric 3/wizard 4/mystic theurge 5 for quite a bit of versatility.

Curmudgeon
2013-07-07, 02:28 PM
Dragon # 323 has some sin-specific Clerical domains, including Avarice. That domain has Telekinesis as its 5th level spell. So get your DM to OK this choice, and substitute one of your domains.

Edit: All of the other sin domains (6 out of 7) got rolled into Spell Compendium; only Avarice was left out (probably because it introduces two unique spells).

Nettlekid
2013-07-07, 02:29 PM
Being an Initiate of Mystra will allow you to use Greater Anyspell in any spell slot, not just your domain slot, which means you can use it to prepare Telekinesis. You'll be paying for a 5th level spell with a 6th level slot, but that's not all that bad. And you get Initiate of Mystra's ability to try and use spells in an AMF, which as we all know is broken as Baator.

Drachasor
2013-07-07, 02:33 PM
I will trade you for Animate Objects.

nedz
2013-07-07, 02:37 PM
Spell domain — via Greater Anyspell — available at level 11

karkus
2013-07-07, 02:47 PM
I think that you can get a beholder graft with Telekinesis on it for only a few thousand gps.

Drachasor
2013-07-07, 02:50 PM
I think that you can get a beholder graft with Telekinesis on it for only a few thousand gps.

Stop looking at me d*** eye!

...that reference is probably too obscure.

Curmudgeon
2013-07-07, 04:45 PM
195 = "a few"?

You're counting on a different scale than I am, apparently.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-07, 05:37 PM
195 = "a few"?

You're counting on a different scale than I am, apparently.

depending on your lvl, 195 can be nothing. I got a lvl 32 that can spend 195 gold like a lvl 1 spends 19 silver

Nettlekid
2013-07-07, 06:31 PM
depending on your lvl, 195 can be nothing. I got a lvl 32 that can spend 195 gold like a lvl 1 spends 19 silver

Yeah, but if you're trying to cap out at level 12, LIKE THE GUY SAID IN THE ORIGINAL POST, then 195k is out of your price range. I think that if you're throwing around suggestions that are best suited to Epic level, then getting Telekinesis on your spell list is the least of your concerns.