PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a lot about phones?

danzibr
2013-07-07, 04:30 PM
I'm basically looking to go to a prepaid thing but I have no idea where to start.

I know about Boost Mobile and Page Plus, and they seem to have good deals, but right now my wife and I have Sprint iPhone 4's and I don't think either of those work with my phone.

So... anyone know of a prepaid phone plan which is compatible with a Sprint iPhone 4? Please help a phone noob, oh knowledgeable playgrounders!

(or maybe it's better to just ditch my current phone)

danzibr
2013-07-10, 12:35 PM
Hmm, the playground didn't know... surprising.

I've done some digging! In case anyone is curious, that is. Page Plus has dirt cheap deals, like $12 per month for limited talk, text and data. When I canceled with Sprint they asked me why I was canceling, I told them the cheapest plan I can get with them is $30 per month for just talk, told them about Page Plus and they didn't even try to talk to me out of canceling.

Anyway, now the issue is reprogramming (aka "flashing") my phone to the Page Plus network. Fortunately there are several guides on the matter. So hopefully... I'll get it to work!

Don Julio Anejo
2013-07-10, 01:43 PM
If you jailbreak/unlock your iPhone, make sure to turn off auto-updates and never update it, as new versions of the iOS can and often will break the unlock, leaving you phoneless for sometimes months on end.

danzibr
2013-07-14, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the response, Don Julia.

I managed to get my iPhone over to Page Plus. Here's how I did it, if anyone's interested:
1) Get in iTunes and restore it to default settings.
2) Restore it using my last backed up data (it does it automatically, so immediately before the wipe).
3) Jailbreak it using the guide here: www(dot)iphonehacks(dot)com/2013/03/jailbreak-ios-6-1-3-using-redsn0w(dot)html
4) Update Cydia. It should prompt you to do this.
5) It makes you reboot. Every single time you reboot you should be doing it through redsn0w.
6) Go into Cydia and add freedomwirelessbc(dot)com/cdma in Manage->Sources.
7) Install Commcenter Patch from freedomwirelessbc (displays as CDMA FLASHING GROUP).
8) Reboot iPhone.
9) Open DiskAid.
10) Go into Root\System\library\Carrier Bundles\iPhone
11) Delete all the folders (but not the other stuff) EXCEPT for Sprint_US and the two Zeppelin folders.
12) Open up Sprint_US folder and delete everything inside.
13) Put all files from the Page Plus thing in the first post on this thread (8 total files) into the Sprint_US folder.
14) Reboot iPhone.
15) In Cydia install the thing that says PagePlus CB from freedomwirelessbc (displays as CDMA FLASHING GROUP).
16) Reboot iPhone (I probably do this unnecessarily many times).
17) Dial ##626#, first do 000000 then your phone number than your MIN (you can get this by going to the official Page Plus site and going to the live chat and asking for it).
18) Go to the official Page Plus cite and try to add your phone to your account. It should *not* say your phone number is invalid.
19) You may be able to call *288 or *22800 or *22801 or *22891 or *22890 but I couldn't! At this point I went to the live help thing at the official Page Plus site. Eventually I gave them my MEID (you can find this in Settings->General->About) and it turned out they didn't have the correct MEID for my phone in their system.
20) Now *22800 should work (maybe try the others above if it doesn't). It takes a minute or so. They give you $2.
21) Make a test call to active the line.
22) Test data .