PDA

View Full Version : Plot reward

Blackhawk748
2013-07-07, 07:43 PM
ok, im running a villain campaign, and my players are going after a source of magical power located in the Twilight Hall called the Fountain of Twilight. Now i want them to get something like a template that turns them into Twilight Archons, now we have a Wilder, a Sorcerer, and a Fighter right now, and id like it to be nice for all of them, so i need some help.

PS they are lvl 2 right now and everybody got a free +2 LA to use, so they are technically ECL 4, so im ok with it being a bit more powerful than average.

Sylthia
2013-07-07, 08:07 PM
Are you giving them some sort of permanent buff transformation type thing, or giving them some magic item/relic/artifact?

It could be as simple as giving them a bonus Bless spell once per day, or something similar. Is there a bit more info you could give us of what you're looking for?

Blackhawk748
2013-07-07, 08:12 PM
certainly, its a transformation as it is actually changing them, im just not sure what to do, i was thinking that the Sorcerer and the Wilder just get like a +2 to caster/manifester level, and i was gonna let the fighter just pick a level 4 Dragonpact from Dragon Magic, but that just doesnt really feel right so i just need suggestions

Sylthia
2013-07-07, 08:18 PM
Depending on how powerful you want them to be, here's a few possibilities...

Under the effects of Bless once per day
Innate ability to reroll any d20 roll once per day
+1 to any ability score
Fly as a a supernatural ability x times per day

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-07, 08:30 PM
two things:
one: you might want to consider a table. some ok, some good, some great, one or two that could be good or could suck depending on how they are used.

two: it's called the fountain of twilight, so abilities based on light/dark might be fitting. Maby the dark or shadow template. Maby they get more spells known, all based on light and/or dark. Maby they suddenly know a maneuver from shadow hand/setting sun. Maby they get possessed (but they are still in control) and the ___ posessing them sometimes gives them some of it's power when it wants to.

tyckspoon
2013-07-07, 08:33 PM
For a useful generic ability:
1/day (or possibly 1/day/x character levels, if you want it to scale some going forward) they can Empower any roll. Skill check? Empower. Attack roll? Sure, why not. Saving throw? Eyup.

Blackhawk748
2013-07-12, 10:24 AM
Ok ive figured out what im gonna give the gnoll and the sorcerer. The Gnoll is gonna get the Symbiote Template and the other half is gonna be a Dread Blossom Swarm, however he isnt gonna change his mental stats and hes not getting 3 free feats, just the other sick bonuses that thing gives, and im gonna fluff it as him being constantly surrounded by a dark blue haze that when he gets attacked turns into a swarm of humanoid spectres and blocks the attack (its how im fluffing swarm traits).

Now the Sorcerer is gonna get a Dragonpact, without having to give up a spell slot, and it will go increase automatically as if he had given up one of his highest spell slots.

My only problem is now is what to give the Dark Dromite Wilder?

Lord Haart
2013-07-12, 10:27 AM
Will they get wings or sparkles?

Blackhawk748
2013-07-12, 10:50 AM
no, no wings. AND DEAR FREAKING GOD NO THEY WILL NOT SPARKLE!!!!!!!!!!!! In this campaign there are ACTUAL vampires, including Kas with his Sword, he rules a Kingdom of Vampires and Undead.

TuggyNE
2013-07-12, 05:49 PM
Ok ive figured out what im gonna give the gnoll and the sorcerer. The Gnoll is gonna get the Symbiote Template and the other half is gonna be a Dread Blossom Swarm, however he isnt gonna change his mental stats and hes not getting 3 free feats, just the other sick bonuses that thing gives, and im gonna fluff it as him being constantly surrounded by a dark blue haze that when he gets attacked turns into a swarm of humanoid spectres and blocks the attack (its how im fluffing swarm traits).

That's pretty OP, even given the context.

Lightlawbliss
2013-07-12, 06:20 PM
what's next? an untyped bonus to AC equal to their level and miss chances stack into a single percent?

Perseus
2013-07-12, 07:00 PM
Let them choose a feat from this list...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#bonusFeats

maybe 2 if you feel nice.

Blackhawk748
2013-07-13, 12:25 PM
That's pretty OP, even given the context.

Honestly, that can be done for +1 LA, and he wont be getting that till like level 12 any way, so that when he begins to be irrelevant, i mean he is a fighter. He prbly would have done that if he had known about it considering all of them got +2 LA for free, and he only used one

what's next? an untyped bonus to AC equal to their level and miss chances stack into a single percent?

lol no, i just want mundane characters to have nice things

Perseus
2013-07-13, 02:46 PM
lol no, i just want mundane characters to have nice things

BLASPHEMY!!!

May your blood burn like alchemist fire!

Haha no, but if you give melee nice things then people really freak out about how it isn't mundane or how it doesn't make sense...

*sigh*

Blackhawk748
2013-07-13, 03:50 PM
well i guess after he gets the template he really isn't "mundane" anymore, but as i said it was an option for him from the beginning, he just didnt know it, and i do feel that the Sorcerer is getting a pretty good reward too. A free Dragonpact that levels up with you is nothing to sneeze at, i just have no idea what to give the Wilder, as im not very good at psionics.