PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Best natural weapon build

BTB
2013-07-08, 12:52 AM
Rule 1: Wildshape is cheating
Rule 2: Eidolons don't count

Essentially, I want to make the strongest character I can using only natural weapons. This can be anything from alchemist tentacles, to prehensile hair, to Ratfolk tailblades, to claws and gores and all that fun stull. Because real men don't need swords. Any and all suggestions welcome, let's do this.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-08, 01:00 AM
Probably prehensile hair if we're not allowed eidolons. Maybe prehensile hair + catfolk claws or Orc bites.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2013-07-08, 01:01 AM
Catfolk wilder. You can pick an alternate racial feature to get two natural attacks at your highest base attack bonus. This lets you bypass all of the feat taxes you would normally need to take (like Weapon Finesse and Two-Weapon Fighting), and you are more accurate and add your full Strength modifier to damage. You can also obtain the ability to pounce via a handful of feats that increase your natural weapon damage, so no need to take Expanded Knowledge for psionic lion's charge and claws of the beast. And since you're a wilder, you can wild surge and buff yourself with all kinds of fun things.

Rogue works too, and synergizes with the catfolk's racial abilities.

BTB
2013-07-08, 01:16 AM
Thomar showing that as always, Psionics.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2013-07-08, 01:55 AM
Thomar showing that as always, Psionics.

Don't get me started on the King of Smack. Even with the polymorph nerfs, metamorphosis is still amazing. Egoists also get an equivalent to alter self at first level.

grarrrg
2013-07-08, 05:21 PM
Rule 1: Wildshape is cheating
Rule 2: Eidolons don't count

Essentially, I want to make the strongest character I can using only natural weapons. This can be anything from alchemist tentacles, to prehensile hair, to Ratfolk tailblades, to claws and gores and all that fun stull. Because real men don't need swords. Any and all suggestions welcome, let's do this.

Start here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287063)

There are a variety of races that can get Claws and/or Bite to start with.
Of these Tengu is the only one that can get both (the stats are kinda 'meh' though, and it's easy enough to get Claws or Bite through other means). All of these are Primary.

1 level of White-Haired witch gets you a Hair attack, Primary Natural attack.

If your DM uses a bit of RAI then 2 levels of Alchemist can get you a Tentacle (most likely should be considered a Secondary).
Alchemist can also take Feral Mutagen and get Claws + Bite when Mutated (although this has duration/uses limitations).
Alchemist can also go Beast Morph archetype, and get Pounce at level 10 while mutated.

Barbarian is quite helpful as well.
Lesser Beast Totem grants Claws, which leads to Greater Beast Totem and POUNCE!.
Animal Fury can get you a Bite attack.
Lesser Fiend Totem can get you a Gore (but there are issues with stacking Totems, so I'd still stick with Beast for Pounce).

After that, getting more Natural attacks gets tricky.