PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out stuff to make with my artificer

IIzak
2013-07-08, 02:50 AM
So i have a warforged Artificer that i'm playing in this campaign and essentially he was made to just make stuff, that was his whole point was that i wanted a character with a bunch of magic items that could make whatever he wanted. He's a very fun character to play, however, now that he has all this potential to make stuff, I'm having trouble choosing exactly what he's going to make next, so i was kind of hoping that i could get some suggestions for good/interesting items for him to craft for himself and the party (who is a very interesting group btw. Group includes: human cleric of Olidamara, changling druid, warforged artificer, elf hexblade, elf dread necromancer, and human fighter) Thanks for all the help, its very much appreciated.

Also here's a list of stuff that he has already:
Artificer's monocle
+1 rapid reloading crossbow w/ scope
book of scrolls w/ a bunch of different scrolls in it
a pair of goggles that grant +5 bonus to UMD
a Heward's handy Haversack
+1 spell storing longsword for the Hexblade
+1 (havent decided on the ability yet, but its a +1 ability) longsword for fighter
+1 (havent decided on the ability yet, but its a +1 ability) heavy steel shield for fighter

and next level i plan on making two scrolls of permanency and permanency-ing arcane sight and tongues on myself

again, thank you for the help.

Agincourt
2013-07-08, 09:02 AM
What is the other party member's equipment? That's necessary information before we can give you a useful response.

Here's a link to some generally useful items: Lists of Necessary Magic Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851)

kreenlover
2013-07-08, 01:33 PM
Make something fun.

I assume you have taken the artisan feats? and then magical artisan from FRCS, and apprentice (DMG II) and all those?

Make yourself a homunculi. There are plenty of good ones.

Have yourself a merry little craftfest, let your...heart? Tin box?... be gay
and make whatever the hell you want at the time. anything that seems interesting. Make items of animate rope that function as grappling guns (a la rode of ropes)
Give yourself boots of +10 to awesome
turn yourself into a magic item (it can be done! your plating can be enchanted as a magic item. make yourself lots of docents and components)
Make a thought bottle (helps with mitigating crafting XP costs)