PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Bear-Warrior Chanter Help and Advice Needed

A.A.King
2013-07-08, 10:15 AM
I need a bit of help with a bit weird but hopefully original(ish) build. I've looked around for a few Bard-Barian builds but haven't seen on that could help me with a War Chanter/Bear Warrior combo.

Want I want to create is someone who can switch between:
1. Supporting others while fighting semi-defensifly
2. Hulking-out / Bear Mode and just smash opponents to pieces

So far the idea is:
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian 1 / Bard 2 / Fighter 2 / War Chanter 10 / Bear Warrior 5
In this order:
Barbarian 1 -> Bard 1 -> Fighter 2 -> Bard 1 -> War Chanter 3 -> Bear Warrior 1 -> War Chanter 7 -> Bear Warrior 4

(I need the fighter to get the feats to qualify for War Chanter)

Feats so Far:
1. Extra Rage, Intimidating Rage & Instantaneous Rage (taking a flaw)
3. Snowflake War-dance and Weapon Focus (Scimitar) (Fighter Bonus)
4. Combat Expertise (Fighter Bonus)
6. Power Attack
9. Imperious Command
12. Song of the Heart
15. ?
18. ?
And the Skill Trick: Never Outnumbered

As you can see I'm trying to do a few things as good as possible. I want to be able to boost the stats of my team using War Chanter music and Inspire Courage to such a degree it actually matters and while I do that I like to be able to fight decently, for which I use Power Attack for added damage and Snowflake War-dance to be able to hit better. But I also want to let out a terrifying roar when I become a bear paralyzing my opponent's with fear (Intimidating Rage+Imperious Command+Never Outnumbered) which hopefully inspires my team mates to do battle (Combine Songs: Inspire Courage + Inspire Reckless/Legion)

Now my questions are:
1. Snowflake Wardance says it lasts for a number of rounds equal to my ranks in perform (dance) and when it ends I feel fatigued for 10 minutes. Would I also feel fatigued if I stopped dancing because I raged/beared-out? I'm guessing that, even though rage says I can use any feat except for Combat Expertise and some stuff I don't have anyway, I wouldn't be allowed to still use Snowflake War-dance because it sort of uses the Perform Skill which I can't do when raged out. (And I'm definitely don't think I can do it when I'm a bear because that would get PETA on my back.) I do think though that the fatigue would either be postponed for a number of rounds I had left (Let's say 10 ranks in perform, rage in round 3 would still giving me 7 more rounds before I become fatigued) or gets ignored till after the Rage is over and then hits me combined with the fatigue of the Rage. Personally I prefer the later interpretation and I'm hoping somebody knows rules to back this up.

2. I'll max out perform (oratory) for the bardic music and war chanter music abilities, but how many ranks of perform (dance) would I need to make sure I could Wardance an entire encounter?

3. Would this guy be a good 5th man in a standard lv20 party and would he be good if you started at level 1? I've really have enough experience at such high level games to judge that. I just really wanted to work this idea out.

And most importantly: What do I need to add and/or change to really make him good? For example: I'm wondering how good Inspire Legion really is and wondering if maybe I should remove the last two levels of War Chanter, start earlier with Bear Warrior and have the last two levels be Fist of the Forest to power-up my bear form. Just keep in mind the two things I want to switch between, I would like to be as good as possible at those two

I know this is a long post, but I would really appreciate help :)