PDA

View Full Version : Missing Characters…

TheCountAlucard
2013-07-08, 11:56 AM
Ever get really nostalgic and start jonesing for one of your old PCs? :smallfrown:

I was having a dream where I was playing Arch Whitman, a Malkavian PC from some years back. He was among a bunch of Kindred at Elysium, and trying to manipulate his way into mentoring another fledgling vampire. Unfortunately, though I forget the exact words of his boast, he was made by another Kindred to "put his money where his mouth was." Proceeding out with a couple of other Kindred, Arch is led to a tree while a Gangrel whistles a squirrel down from it with Animalism.

"Make it talk."

I even had a plan for how Arch was gonna get out of this one, when suddenly my sister woke me up. :smallsigh:

Apparently I was talking in my sleep; she heard me say, "Bring me my dice." :smallamused:

In case you're curious, my plan was to use a recent Combo Discipline I'd made, an Auspex/Dementation trick. It's essentially a contingent version of The Haunting. In non-game speak, for the next few days they'd have delusions in which squirrels "talk" to them, whispering of dark urges and guilty conscience, see how long it takes them to crack. Sure, Arch would lose some initial face for not immediately producing results, but in the end, he comes out on top. :smallbiggrin:

So, anyone else missing a character not played in a while?