PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an Arcane Trickster

Blackadam
2013-07-08, 11:59 AM
Hey there this is another toon i'm building (well i would like to play it right now its just an idea on paper. I've not played any spell casters just glancing at the books and from what i've seen and put together i would like to play an Arcane Trickster (regardless of what i've been told of how crappy the class is its seems like a FUN class to role play :P) so i came up with this kinda build (15th lvl)

Elven or Human

Base classes
1 lvl ninja
1 lvl rogue
5 lvls wizard (or you can do mage if you know your spells, i don't so i go with wiz so i can see and change my spells so i can see which ones are "good" spells)

Prestige Classes
2 lvls unseen Seerer
5 lvls Spell Warp Sniper
1 lvl Arcane Trickster (and the rest to hit 20 will be from here)

spell wise don't have a clue i know i want to cast slow, haste and my money maker spell would be Scorching Ray. (empowered and eventually empowered and maximized. i'm looking for as many low level spells as possible that i could work similar to Scorching ray. maybe some spells that do stat damage so you cant hold yourself up or or dex so you cant hit anything. how does the idea look like to you guys?? help with spells and feats MOST DEFIANTLY appreciated

Drelua
2013-07-08, 12:09 PM
One thing I might do differently is use Assassin instead of Ninja for a few 1st level Assassin spells and actual Sneak Attack if you can manage all those different lists of pre-reqs. That is if you can get the alignment requirement waived. I almost forgot about that bit. :smallredface: You could probably qualify pretty easily by going Wizard 5/Rogue 1 into Assassin, or by pushing the other PrC levels back, unless the pre-reqs get in the way of that.

If that doesn't work for whatever reason, maybe Sneak Attack Fighter.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-08, 12:11 PM
I'm mostly a PF player, but I'm reasonably sure that Ray of Frost was still a level 0 spell which functions like a very weak version of Scorching Ray if you've run out of casts. There's also Ray of Enfeeblement for Str damage.