PDA

View Full Version : No Cure for the Paladin Blues Question.

F.Harr
2013-07-08, 12:59 PM
At the end of ain't NCftPB, it is mentioned that there were two bonus strips and the solicitation for book stores to order DCF. But in my my copy, there is only one and then the solicitation. Did I misread?

Porthos
2013-07-08, 01:59 PM
At the end of ain't NCftPB, it is mentioned that there were two bonus strips and the solicitation for book stores to order DCF. But in my my copy, there is only one and then the solicitation. Did I misread?

What probably happened is that Rich shuffled things around when it came to the layout of the book but didn't go back to update the commentary. Especially since the comic that shows up ISN'T a bonus strip (nor did he claim it would be in commentary), but is instead the last Mail Call strip put there so it wouldn't interrupt the flow of the story.

So, no, you're not misreading, or missing, anything. :smallsmile:

Ornithologist
2013-07-08, 06:34 PM
I believe they are in there. Rich normally labels the extra comics in the book with a letter.

like page 195a 195b etc...

If you like I can go find them for you

edit:

Never mind, I loaned my copy to a friend. But I know one happens around the Bandit camp and I think one happens around the trial.

F.Harr
2013-07-08, 09:08 PM
Dratit, I hate it when I do that. I wrote the OP relying on memory. The mention of the two commics was in the section called "Bonus Commics" in the left-hand column. It talks about two strips following and then the solicitation. Not, strictly bonus comics, and I'm sorry for saying that, now.

Anyway, the hypothosis that there was a rearrangement but not a subsiquent editing of the commentary rings true, so thanks. I appriciate that.

Vinsfeld
2013-07-08, 09:47 PM
I don't remember reading anything odd in this book.

Balain
2013-07-08, 10:06 PM
I Grabbed my No Cure for the Paladin Blues. After the last commentary there is strip 259 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0259.html), then there is solicitation for book stores. Haley talking about ordering Dungeon Crawln' Fools and the brand new On The Origin of PCs, the very last page has Elan Saying how great the next book will be and Roy saying Meh.

The commentary mentions bonus strips are at 122,150,174,194,248,252,280,283 and three before 120

Porthos
2013-07-08, 10:22 PM
The commentary mentions bonus strips are at 122,150,174,194,248,252,280,283 and three before 120

The 'bonus' strip after 283 is actually 301 put there as a pacing break, FWIW.

But when all of the bonus strips are totaled up, it does indeed comes out to the 14 promised:

2 page recap of DCF in full OotS Comic strip format, done as only Elan could do.
121a (labeled as such since the first comic in the book is 122)
122a
150a
150b
150c
174a
194a
194b
194c
194d
252a
280a

14 pages of all new material. :smallsmile:

That list does NOT include the solicitation at the end of the book. :smallsmile:

F.Harr
2013-07-09, 01:13 PM
Again, I should not have used the term "bonus comic". The very last commentary, at the end of the book, in the section titled "bonus comics" seems to say that there will be two comics to follow and then the solicitation. There is, in fact, only one and then the solicitation. O.K.?

Also, why is it that whenever somone uses a telescope, it has a tag on it saying "1,000 GP"???

hamishspence
2013-07-09, 01:16 PM
Also, why is it that whenever somone uses a telescope, it has a tag on it saying "1,000 GP"???

I think it's a nod to them actually costing that much in older editions of D&D.

Porthos
2013-07-09, 01:21 PM
Again, I should not have used the term "bonus comic". The very last commentary, at the end of the book, in the section titled "bonus comics" seems to say that there will be two comics to follow and then the solicitation. There is, in fact, only one and then the solicitation. O.K.?

Oh, in this case it was Rich's messup, not yours. :smallsmile: He stated in the book that there was a bonus comic after comic number 283. Instead it was 301, put there because the 'intermission' strip seemed dramatically appropriate.

I was simply showing that, even though there wasn't a all-new bonus strip after 283, there still was 14 bonus comics in the book, as advertized.

I think it's a nod to them actually costing that much in older editions of D&D.

Costs that much in 3e as well. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm) :smalltongue: