PDA

View Full Version : Building an army, need a low level captin

dantiesilva
2013-07-08, 01:33 PM
So I am building a low level human army for the fun of it and was making a spartan theme for the grunt soldiers. They are straight level 6 fighters focusing on shield wall and phalanx fighting with an AC up in the 40s I believe without magic items. What I need help with now is their captain.

I planned on making the captain 1 level higher then them, but ran into two problems. I wanted to make it a Knight from PHB2, but because of all the loss of feats from not being a fighter I am afraid it may end up weaker then them. I was also thinking of a marshal for the aura to help his allies, or a paladin because of divine grace and smite. I believe I found a feat once that extend divine grace to his allies within 10ft or so.

If anyone has any help or ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Flickerdart
2013-07-08, 01:34 PM
Warblade or Crusader focusing on White Raven maneuvers and stances would be a great captain.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-08, 01:59 PM
Marshal or dragon shaman could work. They can get everyone else working at top efficiency (via auras) without taking their focus off killing things. Adding a level or two of fighter can get them the feats to work into a shield wall easily.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-07-08, 02:17 PM
Warblade or Crusader focusing on White Raven maneuvers and stances would be a great captain.

This, one level Bard dip and Song of the White Raven makes it even sexier.

Flickerdart
2013-07-08, 02:30 PM
This, one level Bard dip and Song of the White Raven makes it even sexier.
Eh, any army that can afford to equip and field that many 6th level soldiers can afford to hire a drummer separate from the captain.

undead hero
2013-07-08, 02:41 PM
Eh, any army that can afford to equip and field that many 6th level soldiers can afford to hire a drummer separate from the captain.

Unless they spent any remaining cash on fake tans and spray on abs...

Darth Stabber
2013-07-08, 02:42 PM

Who said anything about drumming? Perform oratory!

dantiesilva
2013-07-08, 08:55 PM
Thank you everyone for the quick replies.

As to the warblade or crusader idea, it is an interesting one, and one I had considered. I just felt that there would be a huge power difference between a straight fighter and say a Fighter 2/Crusader 5 Specializing in white raven tactics. Though if everyone thinks it is not to powerful I may just do that.

Flickerdart
2013-07-09, 12:29 AM
Thank you everyone for the quick replies.

As to the warblade or crusader idea, it is an interesting one, and one I had considered. I just felt that there would be a huge power difference between a straight fighter and say a Fighter 2/Crusader 5 Specializing in white raven tactics. Though if everyone thinks it is not to powerful I may just do that.
Well he's supposed to be a captain, not a chump.

dantiesilva
2013-07-09, 12:31 AM
True yes, but such a large power difference, and is a spear in the white raven weapons as that is what he uses.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-09, 12:41 AM
True yes, but such a large power difference, and is a spear in the white raven weapons as that is what he uses.

a school's favored weapons rarely matter.

dantiesilva
2013-07-09, 12:44 AM
Well if it does not matter then works great. Thanks everyone.

I went with fighter 2/Crusader 5