PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Build This RP *PEACH*

ArlEammon
2013-07-08, 03:18 PM
Inspiration for this idea comes from Mortal Kombat, Game of Thrones, and Highlander. I'm having trouble coming up with a mechanical system to go along with it.

The Emperor, Gareth, has declared a magnificent prize which includes Immortality and divine powers beyond imagining. He has even hinted that he may wipe out the winner's enemies in the end of the contest. This contest, which lasts for an indefinate time period, but has been said to last at least a few years, will involve tons of Imperial intrigue between Noble Houses, dueling, and wars. There are different positions that one can have to compete.

Nobles (Nobles tend to have the most loyal servants, and are either very proficient in combat or magic)
Clerics (Healing magic, and religious powers are the caveat of Clerics. However their true power comes from the leeway they have in currying the Emperor's favor/and alleviation of guilt from breaking certain laws).
Royal Family : (Yes, the Emperor is not above wiping out his own children and/or wife for the fun of watching the contest. The Royal Family are already demigods.)
Commoners : Those without noble lineage, a position in the Emperor's Court, or a Royal. Commoners are closer to the Druidic faith of the world. Thus, Shamans and Druids will most likely be Commoners.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Position:
Description: (Powers and abilities, as well as personality and goals go here)
History:
Appearance:

Grinner
2013-07-08, 05:14 PM
So what exactly are you looking for?

DoomHat
2013-07-08, 06:20 PM
Have you looked at Houses of the Blooded (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/61061/Houses-of-the-Blooded?term=houses+of+the+)?
Intrigue is basically it's thing.

The setup you describe sounds exactly like a campaign set in the the world's greatest kung-fu movie game, Legends of the Wulin (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/97637/Legends-of-the-Wulin---pre-sales-edition?term=legends+of+the+wu).

But if you must be a special snowflake and have something designed specifically for it, and or you're desperately broke [Edit: Houses is now pay what you want, so, no excuses there], eehhhhhhhh, I'll get back to you with something.

I'm sure I can hash out a system outline for you before midnight today, I'm bored enough...

ArlEammon
2013-07-08, 06:21 PM
Have you looked at Houses of the Blooded (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/61061/Houses-of-the-Blooded?term=houses+of+the+)?
Intrigue is basically it's thing.

The setup you describe sounds exactly like a campaign set in the the world's greatest kung-fu movie game, Legends of the Wulin (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/97637/Legends-of-the-Wulin---pre-sales-edition?term=legends+of+the+wu).

But if you must be a special snowflake and have something designed specifically for it, and or you're desperately broke, eehhhhhhhh, I'll get back to you with something.

I'm sure I can hash out a system outline for you before midnight today, I'm bored enough...

Gee willigans, thanks Bookhat. . .
@Grinner, basically I'm hoping to find a way to make this plot idea seem very palatable for players without having to pay a dime.

DoomHat
2013-07-08, 06:25 PM
House's is 'pay what you want', so you could get it free or literally pay a nickle.

ArlEammon
2013-07-08, 06:33 PM
House's is 'pay what you want', so you could get it free or literally pay a nickle.

I might be 29, but it's against the rules to download that at the moment. lol.

Ashtagon
2013-07-09, 12:23 AM
How come a mere emperor can offer a prize that includes immortality?

ArlEammon
2013-07-09, 12:30 AM
How come a mere emperor can offer a prize that includes immortality?

A lot of historical Emperors were thought of or at least thought of themselves as gods. Look to China, Egypt and even Rome for this historical fact. ;)
In this case, the Emperor Gareth is an evil but regal figure who has more than enough power to supply someone with Divine Rank. His children, are somewhat unique in that they have no Divine Rank but are still powerful within a chosen sphere of influence.

OzymandiasX
2013-07-11, 11:24 AM
Just because an emperor promises it doesn't mean that it will really happen. Especially if your Emperor is as evil as you make him out to be (willing to kill his own family for a moment of entertainment). And even if he does grant immortality, I would be certain that it would come with a lot of strings attached and the 'winner' would be forever (possibly literally) in the Emperor's debt.

So what exactly are you looking for?And yes, what exactly were you asking for in this thread? :)

Thunderfist12
2013-07-25, 01:35 PM
I would be able to help if I knew what the problem was...

ArlEammon
2013-07-25, 01:37 PM
I would be able to help if I knew what the problem was...

Oh, it's the Setting. :D
I'm just asking for help with the Setting