PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Octyrtle (Myrtle Beach meet-up in October)

Diva De
2013-07-08, 03:57 PM
So KEG couldn't come to the Trogland meetup...but she can come to Myrtle Beach in October! After the success of Myrtle in March aka Myrch, we thought we would see if anyone else would like to come play and spend an extended weekend at the shore with us!

DATES - October 11-14

ATTENDING
Diva De
Gryffon
SirSix +1
KEG
Krade
Mangosta
Smellie Hippie
Mountain Faerie
Isaac the Hungry
Lex kat
Reinholdt
POSSIBLY ATTENDING
LightWraith
Callin

EVENTS
Friday, October 11 - karaoke and drinks at Tavern in the Forest - the Tavern is only about 5 minutes from the Gryffon's Nest, great local business with good food and beer selections, great karaoke selections, and a HUGE covered patio area where they will reserve us some tables
Saturday, October 12 - Grand Strand Gamers monthly board gaming event - this will be held at the White Widow (where we made a brief stop during Myrch), our FLGS, the event runs from 1pm - midnight (or later) with a large variety of games and players, so people can come and go as they like
Sunday, October 13 - POSSIBLY a murder mystery...if we can plan it :smallbiggrin:
Monday, October 14 - COLUMBUS DAY - this may be a holiday for some folks, so we will see how that pans out as we get closer

Krade
2013-07-08, 05:22 PM
Yay official thread of official meet-upness. I'll probably be there!

Zed the ZPG
2013-07-08, 08:37 PM
Since October's Halloween month, that means costumes, right?

Diva De
2013-07-09, 10:16 AM
It doesn't have to be October for costumes. Mango came to my wedding (in May) dressed as a pirate.

Also, we PROBABLY have free places to stay for everyone as long as it doesn't swell drastically beyond March's numbers.

smellie_hippie
2013-07-09, 11:52 AM
Crunching numbers. We will let you know.

Octyrtle... :smallconfused: Who came up with that silly name? :smalltongue:

Diva De
2013-07-09, 12:51 PM
Octyrtle... :smallconfused: Who came up with that silly name? :smalltongue:
Only the greatest stab victim I know...

Archonic Energy
2013-07-09, 01:52 PM

Good name hippie!
*Stab*

smellie_hippie
2013-07-09, 02:06 PM

Traitor... :smallamused:

Good name hippie!
*Stab*

*urk*

Krade
2013-07-10, 08:49 PM
As awesome as the name 'Octyrtle' is, I was thinking that it might be prudent to put some kind of indication that this is a meet-up in the thread title.

Just sayin'.

smellie_hippie
2013-07-10, 09:57 PM
As awesome as the name 'Octyrtle' is, I was thinking that it might be prudent to put some kind of indication that this is a meet-up in the thread title.

Just sayin'.

REQUEST DENIED!!

If they don't know about Octyrtle, then they clearly don't need to know.:smallamused:

mangosta71
2013-07-11, 01:51 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Checking dates and such. Seems that October 14 is Columbus Day, which means one less vacation day I'd have to cash in...

Diva De
2013-07-11, 02:56 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Checking dates and such. Seems that October 14 is Columbus Day, which means one less vacation day I'd have to cash in...

I only included the 14th because I thought it *might* be a holiday for people.

Krade
2013-07-11, 09:33 PM
REQUEST DENIED!!

If they don't know about Octyrtle, then they clearly don't need to know.:smallamused:

Ooh. Are we going exclusive now? What kind of secret membership benefits do we get? Passwords, rituals, handshakes? If we work hard enough, we might get vague History Channel documentaries about us in 200 years. Now that's a legacy.

Diva De
2013-07-14, 08:30 AM
So we have a couple of options for activities outside of gaming. (This also coincides with our local monthly board gaming event.)

KEG would like to run a murder mystery - how does this sound to everyone?

Also, I apparently live in the mini golf capital of the world so...there's that.

Does anyone wanna do karaoke? There is a pretty great place nearby we could go.

Just trying to make plans.

Callin
2013-07-14, 09:05 AM
Gonna keep checking up on this thread.

KuReshtin
2013-07-14, 03:44 PM
So we have a couple of options for activities outside of gaming. (This also coincides with our local monthly board gaming event.)

KEG would like to run a murder mystery - how does this sound to everyone?

Also, I apparently live in the mini golf capital of the world so...there's that.

Does anyone wanna do karaoke? There is a pretty great place nearby we could go.

Just trying to make plans.

I like Mini golf. I'm no good at it, but I like to play.

Also:

Does anyone wanna do karaoke?

I WANNA DO KARAOKE!

Why do you have to be on the other side of the ocean?
Dammit!!

Krade
2013-07-14, 08:27 PM

KEG would like to run a murder mystery - how does this sound to everyone? It's a good thing she's Canadian. Otherwise I'd have to assume she was intending to actually kill someone. Other than that, I'm not sure what, exactly, this would entail.

Also, I apparently live in the mini golf capital of the world so...there's that. Man, I haven't played mini golf in... a long time. I know I did once, a long time ago, when it seemed more appropriately sized.

Does anyone wanna do karaoke? There is a pretty great place nearby we could go.Mmmm... karaoke. I really enjoy karaoke, though most places don't have many of the songs I actually know well. I need more friends around here that like karaoke...

tyckspoon
2013-07-14, 08:33 PM
Mmmm... karaoke. I really enjoy karaoke, though most places don't have many of the songs I actually know well. I need more friends around here that like karaoke...

Ecrinya greatly enjoys karaoke. Just. You know. FYI. :smalltongue:

Diva De
2013-07-15, 11:09 AM
So it sounds like Tyck and Ecrin need a FORMAL invitation...

We would be most pleased to have you attend our gathering. Our joy will be more complete with your presence.
Better? :smallamused:

Fabulous! So it seems like mini golf and karaoke are a go! Also, KEG will be in town for, like, 10 days, so if people want to extend their trips in either direction, they are welcome to. We just may have to work SOME of the time.

tyckspoon
2013-07-15, 03:03 PM
Oh, we don't need a formal invite (although it is nice :D) It'd take some modest miracles to get us free for October. We have opened an investigational committee to look into making March, tho :smallbiggrin: Just reminding Krade that we're like right here.

Diva De
2013-07-18, 06:47 PM
Just as a reminder, our Playground friends are welcome to visit WHENEVER IT IS CONVENIENT. It just might not be a huge gathering - just me and Gryf. And local gaming friends.

Haruki-kun
2013-07-19, 12:05 AM
As usual I request to be put in "possibly" because I'll definitely TRY to make it.... but I don't expect to succeed.

Krade
2013-07-19, 02:18 AM
As usual I request to be put in "possibly" because I'll definitely TRY to make it.... but I don't expect to succeed.

That's no kind of attitude to have about this.

Lex-Kat
2013-07-25, 03:02 AM
:smallfrown: I can't make it... again. :smallsigh: Unless, of course, I win the lottery. But then, the first order of business is to open Trogland Hotel, then move to Tennessee. :smallbiggrin:

smellie_hippie
2013-07-25, 08:10 PM
:smallfrown: I can't make it... again. :smallsigh: Unless, of course, I win the lottery. But then, the first order of business is to open Trogland Hotel, then move to Tennessee. :smallbiggrin:

I approve of this plan.

Faerie and I have already located a lake front campground for sale in the area... Camp Sleeps-A-Lot anyone? Like..... For reals? :smallwink:

Zed the ZPG
2013-07-25, 09:32 PM
Let's see...lake front...campground...abandoned? Yeah, that doesn't sound like the beginning of a horror movie. :smallwink:

Sounds like an adventure.

Krade
2013-07-26, 02:24 AM
Let's see...lake front...campground...abandoned? Yeah, that doesn't sound like the beginning of a horror movie. :smallwink:

Sounds like an adventure.

So long as it turns out to all be scripted by penguinsushi it'll be good.

KuReshtin
2013-07-26, 04:47 AM
I approve of this plan.

Faerie and I have already located a lake front campground for sale in the area... Camp Sleeps-A-Lot anyone? Like..... For reals? :smallwink:

Camp Weedonwancha!!
Oh, wait.. That name's already taken.

mangosta71
2013-07-26, 09:19 AM
We should name the camp and lake Woebegone.

smellie_hippie
2013-07-26, 10:05 AM
Has Camp Sleeps-A-Lot become that much of a dusty relic? :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2013-07-26, 11:09 AM
Well, maybe. But I know of it, so I got the reference. :smallsmile: It was the Werewolf game you and Mountain Faerie ran, right? I wasn't around to actually play it.

Camps Sleeps-A-Lot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54082) & Camp Sleep S'More (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75002)

Diva De
2013-07-26, 11:54 AM
I approve of this plan.

I have been a big supporter of this idea since Faerie mentioned it to me 2 years ago.

OP updated with events.

Lex-Kat
2013-07-28, 02:58 PM
Well, add me to the possible list. I might be able to make it, if only one other person in my work unit has taken that weekend off. But I won't be able to confirm this until tomorrow.

Diva De
2013-07-30, 03:50 PM
Well, add me to the possible list. I might be able to make it, if only one other person in my work unit has taken that weekend off. But I won't be able to confirm this until tomorrow.
*confirmconfirmconfirm*
*crosses fingers*

Lex-Kat
2013-07-30, 09:58 PM
Leave schedule is being hashed out with co-workers. Mark's wife needs to appove Mark turning in the 11th to the 14th. And John, who'd already turned in Oct. 11th so I could have it if Mark turned his in, now has his own wife wanting to take that weekend for some festival. :smallsigh: I shall update when I have more news.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-03, 11:52 AM
Well, I have an update. And there is Good News :smallsmile:, and Bad News :smallfrown:.

The Bad News
Mark & Wife are going to North Carolina until the 21st of October, so I won't be coming. :smallfrown:

The Good News
I save money. :smalltongue: :smallfrown:

Diva De
2013-08-03, 01:26 PM
Awww. Sadness is had. But maybe you can make it to Myrch, if we do that again next year?

Krade
2013-08-03, 08:48 PM
Awww. Sadness is had. But maybe you can make it to Myrch, if we do that again next year?

If?:smallconfused:

Diva De
2013-08-05, 12:55 PM
Krade, I know I will be there. It is more a matter of if others show up or not. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2013-08-05, 02:30 PM
Well, I'd certainly feel a bit weird if I showed up at Myrtle in March, and there was no Diva. :smalleek:

Krade
2013-08-08, 02:32 AM
Well I suppose I should stop pretending like I might not go. I'm going. I'm just really hoping the Hippies can make it so I can bus to JC then ride with them. I don't want to do that trip all the way on the bus again. It was awful.

smellie_hippie
2013-08-08, 07:16 AM
Well I suppose I should stop pretending like I might not go. I'm going. I'm just really hoping the Hippies can make it so I can bus to JC then ride with them. I don't want to do that trip all the way on the bus again. It was awful.

We're really really hoping we can pull this off. There have been some significant family issues that have come up, but we will happily carpool you down Krade if things line up.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-11, 01:30 AM
Well, I have new news. :smallbiggrin:

I will indeed be attending Octyrtle,

I had given some thought to hiding this sudden change (my boss decided to allow me to go, after two of my co-workers shared with him that they didn't mind) and surprising everyone but a select few with my appearance.

But... the reality is, I have this really nice reservation at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard that includes three rooms. Yup, just like last time I was there. Except this time, it's costing me nothing to stay, as I am a member of Wyndham Resorts, and so I'm spending points, not money.

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
410 South Ocean Boulevard
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

So, if anyone would like to share a place with me (I believe it's just like before: a central suite with rooms connected to it), for absolutely no money at all, let me know. :smallsmile:

Diva De
2013-08-11, 03:07 PM
Well, I have new news. :smallbiggrin:

I will indeed be attending Myrtober, or Octyrtle if you must. :smallyuk:

I had given some thought to hiding this sudden change (my boss decided to allow me to go, after two of my co-workers shared with him that they didn't mind) and surprising everyone but a select few with my appearance.

But... the reality is, I have this really nice reservation at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard that includes three rooms. Yup, just like last time I was there. Except this time, it's costing me nothing to stay, as I am a member of Wyndham Resorts, and so I'm spending points, not money.

Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
410 South Ocean Boulevard
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

So, if anyone would like to share a place with me (I believe it's just like before: a central suite with rooms connected to it), for absolutely no money at all, let me know. :smallsmile:

Can I come? My house will have Canadians and children in it.

Also...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lex-Kat
2013-08-11, 03:16 PM
Of course. :smallconfused: What Canadians?

Krade
2013-08-11, 09:16 PM

I'm pretty sure only one Canadian is coming. That Canadian being KEG. I don't think there will be others in attendance, though I could be wrong.

Checked Greyhound prices for maybe stopping in JC for a night (in case the Hippies couldn't make it) on my way there. Aside from adding a bit to the price (which would be worth it), The Greyhound from JC to Myrtle somehow takes the same time as from Indy to Myrtle. I found this odd considering JC is about half the distance from Myrtle as Indy is.

I have determined that Greyhound apparently thinks that that area of the country isn't worth travelling to.

Diva De
2013-08-12, 07:04 AM

KEG has a friend coming down with her.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-12, 09:06 AM
I'll be arriving at Myrtle around noon:30. Is there any possibility of getting picked up?

Diva De
2013-08-12, 12:26 PM
I'll be arriving at Myrtle around noon:30. Is there any possibility of getting picked up?

Sure. Which day?

Alarra
2013-08-12, 12:35 PM
We'll need someone to pick us up from the airport too, though, as usual, I won't know when until a couple days before. And a place to stay would be lovely. I know Pickle would prefer to stay with his best friend Logan again, but if your house is too crowded, we'll just impose ourselves on Sir Six. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2013-08-12, 01:35 PM
Sure. Which day?

The 11th, of course. :smalltongue:

Stadge
2013-08-12, 03:38 PM
I like Mini golf. I'm no good at it, but I like to play.

Also:

I WANNA DO KARAOKE!

Why do you have to be on the other side of the ocean?
Dammit!!

When I've got a regular income again and can actually plan ahead, I will join the UK meet-up threads and will definitely second any plans for karaoke. Be warned, I'm awful, but I do love it.

Also, I love the name of this thread! It's brilliant :smallbiggrin:

Diva De
2013-08-17, 10:59 AM
We'll need someone to pick us up from the airport too, though, as usual, I won't know when until a couple days before. And a place to stay would be lovely. I know Pickle would prefer to stay with his best friend Logan again, but if your house is too crowded, we'll just impose ourselves on Sir Six. :smalltongue:

As far as I know, at this point it is only Katie and her friend staying with us. Logan is with his dad that weekend (:smallmad: ), so the girls can take his room (and the air mattress). Then my same arrangements would be available (queen size in the living room, loveseat, couch, spare twin mattress.

Does that sound workable to everyone?

Krade
2013-08-18, 03:18 PM
Has there been word on Reinholdt making an appearance? It seems weird that he wouldn't come.

Also, Hippies, I'll give it until one month before to see if you guys are coming. If not, I think I'll just fly. Have to check prices.

smellie_hippie
2013-08-20, 07:26 AM
Also, Hippies, I'll give it until one month before to see if you guys are coming. If not, I think I'll just fly. Have to check prices.

That sounds totally reasonable. Still trying to get my head screwed back on the right way, but I will let you know as soon as possible. May have an answer as early as this weekend...

mangosta71
2013-08-20, 12:25 PM
That sounds totally reasonable.
Which is why we must act to destroy it immediately.

Reinholdt
2013-08-25, 05:05 PM
I didn't even know there was a thread for this until De called and yelled at me to say something. I had just been following the facebook event.

Anyways, I'm still something of a maybe, particularly depending on how this upcoming interview goes. But I'm liable to go down even just for Saturday and half of Sunday. +1 day if Columbus day turns out to be a thing in my favor.

You'll know more when I know more. Or more accurately whomever I end up mooching a room off of will know more.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-25, 06:35 PM
Me! *Waves hand in the air* Choose me! My room is free!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15799024#post15799024)

Beachside Paradise with Award-Winning Flair. Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, located in North Myrtle Beach, blends stylish retro art deco design with modern beachside amenities and activities. This award-winning resort is close to many of Myrtle Beach’s most popular attractions, and has a big variety of on-site pleasures to make your beachside vacation complete.

The only negative is that the Check-Out time is 10 am. :smallyuk:

Reinholdt
2013-08-25, 06:41 PM
Heh. Sure, I'll share free hotel room. That's awesome. ^^

What days do you have it for?

Lex-Kat
2013-08-25, 06:49 PM
Friday evening until Monday morning. :smallsmile:

Krade
2013-08-25, 09:19 PM
Checked prices and times of the Greyhound vs. Flying. No contest.

Greyhound: $198 and 20 hour travel time with FOUR transfers.
Flying: $377 and 3.5 hour travel time with one transfer.

Definitely taking the plane if the Hippies can't come. Still hope they do, of course. Everything's better with hippies. They make excellent knife receptacles. A not-at-all shady Brit once told me. It must be true!

smellie_hippie
2013-08-26, 09:12 AM
Definitely taking the plane if the Hippies can't come. Still hope they do, of course. Everything's better with hippies. They make excellent knife receptacles. A not-at-all shady Brit once told me. It must be true!

This post went from being the best thing ever written to a justifiable cause for continued Krade hating... :smallamused:

mangosta71
2013-08-26, 01:04 PM
I just noticed that Krade's listed location is "Indy".

[George Takei]Oh my...[/George Takei]

Archonic Energy
2013-08-26, 02:49 PM
:smallamused:

This post went from being the best thing ever written to a justifiable cause for continued Krade hating... :smallamused:

:smallbiggrin:

heh. funny.

Lex-Kat
2013-08-26, 09:44 PM
I've been dying (not literally) to ask this since I got back from GenCon, but have been afraid to ask: Can we play a game of Zombicide? I really, really, really wanna play a full game of zombie carnage and mayhem.

I liked the game so much I bought it, along with the Toxic City Mall expansion and Prison Outbreak. I think it's dumb that they are calling it "Season 2". :smallyuk:

mangosta71
2013-08-27, 12:00 AM
Zombicide is pretty awesome. And, assuming I can get things here straightened out, my copy of Cards Against Humanity will be there as well.

Archonic Energy
2013-08-27, 03:29 AM
Ok. It's official. I won't be able to go.

Just booked my flights for the wedding snd a brief layover in myrtle isn't in my journey.

:smallfrown:

smellie_hippie
2013-08-27, 06:55 AM
Ok. It's official. I won't be able to go.

Just booked my flights for the wedding snd a brief layover in myrtle isn't in my journey.

:smallfrown:

But... but... but who's kidneys will sheath my daggers? :smallfrown:

Kyrian
2013-09-04, 06:42 AM
First off: Big love to De. I just saw this thread and saw that I'm already in the Possibly list. You rock!

Second: I'd love to go, because it's De, it's Myrtle Beach, and I'd like to actually show up to something that takes place outside of my little Indiana world involving you guys. Unfortunately, it is a time when things are starting to shift at work, and we're all gearing for the holidays, and I believe it's also when I'm no longer allowed to use my vacation time (I think that privilege actually ends this month, not that I have any remaining at this time) so it's a long stretch to be able to see me. (But fear not De, I will be attempting to move Heaven, Hell, and Earth to be able to meet you, because as mentioned above You Rock! And I've heard your husband's decent as well. =P)

Third: This month can't go by fast enough, I have awesomesauce news I'm wanting to share with you people and I can't til next month! :frown:

KuReshtin
2013-09-05, 07:05 AM
Bleurgh.. £536 to get to Myrtle for this.
Would be awesome to just drop by and stuff, but.. You know.. £536.

That's like..
THIIIIIIS much American monies..
http://gasparhoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/open-arms.jpg

smellie_hippie
2013-09-08, 01:09 PM
Go ahead and put hippie and faerie into the "will be attending" category. The details of which dates and arrival/departure time are still being worked out.

See you all next month! :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2013-09-08, 01:17 PM
Yay! *Hugs* :biggrin:

Krade
2013-09-08, 07:54 PM
So...

I'm going to need a pick-up from the airport. What time would be best for me to arrive on Friday? 8:39am or 3:32pm? I'm partial to 3:32pm since that means I don't have to be at the airport at 4am but if the earlier flight is better for ride purposes, I can do that.

Lex-Kat
2013-09-09, 11:35 AM
Just to give further options: I arrive at noonish on Friday. So if Krade were willing to wait for about 3 1/2 hours, then those giving us a ride can pick us both up at the same time.

Or, if it's more convenient, I'm perfectly willing to wait an additional 3 1/2 hours myself for Krade to arrive. I always bring a book to read, in case of delays. :smallbiggrin:

Krade
2013-09-09, 12:09 PM
Well, I could arrive at noonish, but that would require a 2 and a half hour layover that I would rather avoid. It seems that all of our options include either 2 pick-up trips or one of us waiting for hours...

Lex-Kat
2013-09-09, 12:27 PM
I'm willing to wait. So if they'd like to make it one pick-up time, I'll wait for you to arrive at 3:30 PM. :smallsmile: But I leave it to them to decide my destiny.

Gryffon
2013-09-11, 07:21 PM
Whatever works for me. Worst comes to worst, I will draft someone who has already arrived to ride along to entertain me.

Lex-Kat
2013-09-11, 08:09 PM
:smallconfused: Then I guess Krade can arrive at 3:32, and I'll sit at the airport and read a book while I wait. :smallsmile:

Krade
2013-09-12, 03:57 AM
Oh yeah, my departure flight is 12:45pm on Monday. In case that's necessary info.

mangosta71
2013-09-12, 10:16 AM
Oh, right. Posted on the facebook thread, but not here.

I am confirmed. Arrive at 3:32 Thursday, flight departs at 12:45 Tuesday.

Diva De
2013-09-16, 06:41 PM
The airport is only like a 10 minute drive from our house. So multiple trips are not a problem. The only issue I foresee with lots of people flying into town is vehicle space, since I can fit 2 extra people in mine and Ryan can fit, like, 3-4 in his.

Also, I need a headcount for who will be here for dinner time on Thursday to make sure we have adequate dinner plans.

smellie_hippie
2013-09-16, 08:46 PM
The hippies will be present for all Thursday shenanigans... Dinner or otherwise.

Alarra
2013-09-16, 09:00 PM
I have absolutely no idea when we're coming in. I'm sure I, at least, can be there for dinner on Thursday, unless I'm coming from Baltimore...which is possible. I suppose I should probably start trying to actually figure out plans here, huh?

Lex-Kat
2013-09-17, 01:08 AM
Friday for me. :smallsmile:

Callin
2013-09-17, 02:52 PM
I really gotta pay more attention to this thread lol. Ya know since I am only an hour away. Will have to have a talk with the wife.

Getting to do a meet up with some (what seems to be) decently cool people who share interests is always a good thing.

Krade
2013-09-18, 03:42 AM
I really gotta pay more attention to this thread lol. Ya know since I am only an hour away. Will have to have a talk with the wife.

Getting to do a meet up with some (what seems to be) decently cool people who share interests is always a good thing.

Yay! A new person...:smallamused:

Target acquired. Actors are in place. Mind control device is warming up. Operation is a go. Repeat. Operation is a go.

IsaacTheHungry
2013-09-18, 02:16 PM
I am coming. I am driving from DC.

Anyone need a ride? I will go as far north as Baltimore and am willing to make detours on the way down.

I can hold 7 more people in my mercury sable wagon if I put things on the luggage rack (because the trunk can turn into 2 rear facing seats).

I will give rides for free but gas money is appreciated (but not required)

Ride is about 7.5 hours plus or minus 1 hours depending on traffic and if I need to pick anyone up in Baltimore. I am leaning towards a Thursday departure but I would be up for a Friday one instead if needed. I don't care much so I will base on the schedules of anyone who wants a ride.

Zed the ZPG
2013-09-18, 04:39 PM
It sounds like everyone's going to have fun. I wish I could go.

Diva De
2013-09-18, 05:41 PM
I am coming. I am driving from DC.

Anyone need a ride? I will go as far north as Baltimore and am willing to make detours on the way down.

I can hold 7 more people in my mercury sable wagon if I put things on the luggage rack (because the trunk can turn into 2 rear facing seats).

I will give rides for free but gas money is appreciated (but not required)

Ride is about 7.5 hours plus or minus 1 hours depending on traffic and if I need to pick anyone up in Baltimore. I am leaning towards a Thursday departure but I would be up for a Friday one instead if needed. I don't care much so I will base on the schedules of anyone who wants a ride.

Cool beans. I think the other folks from up that direction have decided to fly this time around. My house is full of peoples at this point, so hit up SirSix or Lexkat to see if they have space for another body.

Callin
2013-09-18, 07:42 PM
Talked to the wife and she seems to have the weekend off, if I counted right. She said cool. So I am a possible to show up.

Diva De
2013-09-22, 11:21 AM
If everyone coming would be kind enough to check through their stuff...

The Llama is missing a copy of Munchkin Cthulu. If he loaned it to you, please check through your stuff. If you have it, bring it to OCTYRTLE! Then I can send it home with the Hippies to give to the Llama.

kthxbai

IsaacTheHungry
2013-09-22, 11:52 AM
speaking of munchkin, I am bringing 6 versions with me :smallbiggrin:

smellie_hippie
2013-09-22, 02:13 PM
If everyone coming would be kind enough to check through their stuff...

The Llama is missing a copy of Munchkin Cthulu. If he loaned it to you, please check through your stuff. If you have it, bring it to OCTYRTLE! Then I can send it home with the Hippies to give to the Llama.

kthxbai

On that note... Has anyone seen my copy of the OOTS Adventure Game?

Krade
2013-09-22, 06:22 PM
On that note... Has anyone seen my copy of the OOTS Adventure Game?

The last time I played it was at Baltimore 2 years ago... was that your copy or Zeb and Alarra's?

smellie_hippie
2013-09-23, 01:03 PM
The last time I played it was at Baltimore 2 years ago... was that your copy or Zeb and Alarra's?

Hell if I know... probably theirs. Just thought I would ask. Kind of an expensive game to just go missing. :smallfrown:

Alarra
2013-09-23, 06:39 PM
Well, we do have a copy of our own. Pretty sure we only have one here though. Course, it's in storage and we haven't seen it in about a year.

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 08:09 PM
I swore I saw it on the shelves the last few days of Trogland, but I could be mistaken. Probably am since it's not there and all. =(

Diva De
2013-09-25, 08:00 AM
That Saturday is the local Oktoberfest as well! Free event, live music, kids zone. Anyway, as an option for beer lovers. Runs from noon until 11 pm.

smellie_hippie
2013-09-25, 09:04 AM
That Saturday is the local Oktoberfest as well! Free event, live music, kids zone. Anyway, as an option for beer lovers. Runs from noon until 11 pm.

Oh my... /Takei

This was great news when you called... but it's even BETTER now! :smallbiggrin:

Diva De
2013-09-25, 09:16 AM
Also, it is on the oceanfront boardwalk. So...there's that.

smellie_hippie
2013-09-25, 09:44 AM
So KEG couldn't come to the Trogland meetup...but she can come to Myrtle Beach in October!

Random chance that you abbreviated her name as "KEG"? I don't think so... :smallamused:

mangosta71
2013-09-25, 12:14 PM
The downside, of course, is that it conflicts with the board gaming timeslot.

Lex-Kat
2013-09-25, 12:53 PM
Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. I personally would rather play games the whole time. Not much of a beer drinker.

But, if no one else wants to play games, I'll tag along to the fest. :smallsmile:

Krade
2013-09-26, 05:18 AM

That timeslot being from whenever-o-clock Thursday to whenever-o-clock whichever day everyone's gone, of course:smallcool:

Reinholdt
2013-09-26, 05:59 AM
I thought that was the time slot reserved for drinking. :smalltongue:

smellie_hippie
2013-09-26, 07:20 AM

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. I personally would rather play games the whole time. Not much of a beer drinker.

But, if no one else wants to play games, I'll tag along to the fest. :smallsmile:

That timeslot being from whenever-o-clock Thursday to whenever-o-clock whichever day everyone's gone, of course:smallcool:

I thought that was the time slot reserved for drinking. :smalltongue:

Why does everyone assume that these two events are mutually exclusive? I personally feel that DRUNK Cylon-kitty would be pretty friggin hilarious! :smalltongue:

But in all seriousness. I, like the rest of you, am going for quality time with some people I find to be both awesome and incredibly important to me. I am not interested in tipping back so many beers that I become blind.... drunk.

Reinholdt
2013-09-26, 07:25 AM
I suspect I'm just a mean drunk really and not so hilarious.

smellie_hippie
2013-09-26, 08:12 AM
I suspect I'm just a mean drunk really and not so hilarious.

I notice you didn't even attempt to claim innocence in regards to being a cylon... :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2013-09-26, 08:48 AM
That's because it's naturally true. I'm a 100% not a cylon. It's just a law of nature. Kinda presumed everyone knew it by now.

Gryffon
2013-09-26, 09:28 AM
I'm picturing Reinholdt as Colonel Tigh now.

Lex-Kat
2013-09-26, 12:22 PM
That's because it's naturally true. I'm a 100% not a cylon. It's just a law of nature. Kinda presumed everyone knew it by now.
I have yet to see proof of this. I have, on the other hand, been a part of or witnessed at least three occasions that show you to be 100% Cylon.

Callin
2013-09-26, 03:07 PM
So the wife has to work that weekend it seems. Though she does have friday off. If I can swing it I would like to show up friday.

Reinholdt
2013-09-26, 08:49 PM
I'm picturing Reinholdt as Colonel Tigh now.

He was inexplicably my favorite HUMAN and I don't know why.

I have yet to see proof of this. I have, on the other hand, been a part of or witnessed at least three occasions that show you to be 100% Cylon.

100% LIES!

Diva De
2013-09-27, 07:44 AM
So the wife has to work that weekend it seems. Though she does have friday off. If I can swing it I would like to show up friday.

You are welcome anytime! Send me a PM and we can swap numbers.

Also, gas is $3.02 a gallon here. Just saying.

smellie_hippie
2013-09-27, 01:55 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love my job, and couldn't see me doing anything differently for a career... but after this week/month, Octyrtle-fest cannot get here soon enough! :smallsigh:

Archonic Energy
2013-09-27, 04:13 PM
*STAB*

planning my trip to the states...
:smallsigh:

so much to do and so little time to prep

mangosta71
2013-09-28, 01:53 AM
I feel ya. Not long after the JC meetup my workload started picking up, and over the past month it's ramped up to the point that the past couple weeks have been 9-10 hour days with no breaks other than 15-20 minutes to scarf down a lunch. I'm too tired to sleep. Do you have any idea how insane that feels?

Callin
2013-09-29, 10:09 AM
You are welcome anytime! Send me a PM and we can swap numbers.

I know. I see it all the time. My wife works at Grand Strand Medical Center. So I drive back and forth 3-4 times a week. Its $3.09 here, amazes me how the beach can be cheaper than Florence lol.

KuReshtin
2013-10-01, 04:33 AM

Gas (or petrol as it's called over here) is $8.32/gallon here. Just sayin'.

Diva De
2013-10-04, 08:14 PM
It is with much sadness that I must share that the Trolls will not be attending this particular meetup. An injury is keeping them from traveling. We will have to drink EXTRA MUCH to make up for Zeb. And have EXTRA fun for Alarra. And putt-putt EXTRA bad for Pickle.

speaking of munchkin, I am bringing 6 versions with me :smallbiggrin: If it will save you some room, we have Original with expansions, Cthulu with expansions, and Booty with expansions.

Reinholdt
2013-10-04, 11:38 PM
I didn't even know there was a thread for this until De called and yelled at me to say something. I had just been following the facebook event.

Anyways, I'm still something of a maybe. But I'm liable to go down even just for Saturday and half of Sunday. +1 day if Columbus day turns out to be a thing in my favor.

You'll know more when I know more. Or more accurately whomever I end up mooching a room off of will know more.

Alright I can finally confirm I'll be there. I'll be coming in Friday around noon and will almost certainly need a multi-hour nap when I get there.

I can putt terribly for Pickle. Hope everything is all right.

Krade
2013-10-05, 02:40 AM
It is with much sadness that I must share that the Trolls will not be attending this particular meetup. An injury is keeping them from traveling. We will have to drink EXTRA MUCH to make up for Zeb. And have EXTRA fun for Alarra. And putt-putt EXTRA bad for Pickle.

Oh noes:smalleek:

That sucks super hard! Geez. Not counting certain GenCons, it's been... *thinks a long moment* ...four years since I went to a meetup without them there. Man. They're like, a fixture.

Hope everyone's okay and heals really fast so this is the only opportunity for great fun missed out on.

Edit: Actually, it might have been five years. When was the Chicago meetup? '08 or '09?

Callin
2013-10-05, 01:21 PM
So does anyone know whats on the docket for friday? I know lots of people showing up and taking of naps. But whats going on after all of that?

mangosta71
2013-10-06, 09:10 AM
So does anyone know whats on the docket for friday? I know lots of people showing up and taking of naps. But whats going on after all of that?
Hookers and blow.

Lex-Kat
2013-10-06, 02:38 PM
Don't listen to Mango. :smallannoyed: There won't be any "blow".

Mostly there will be.... um... Gaming? Maybe bar-hopping? Eating at restaurants? Hanging out and talking? I'm not 100% sure what Diva and Gryf have planned on the docket.

Diva De
2013-10-06, 06:39 PM

There is karaoke happening Friday night. If people are interested in going to that, let me know. The owner has already said they will set up tables and stuff for us there. Good food and drinks. Otherwise, gaming at the Gryffon's Nest.

Callin
2013-10-06, 06:57 PM
Hookers and blow.

Can we change that to strippers and booze??

Cus we could hit up the DollHouse and party with Mad Max lol

(Diva De will know if she listens to rock 107)

Seriously though. Aight that sounds fun. I suck at singing but thats the point of Karaoke aint it lol and gaming is up my alley any time.

mangosta71
2013-10-07, 12:09 AM
I will have my copy of Cards Against Humanity with the 3 expansions, as well as the Bigger, Blacker Box if it arrives in time. I will also be bringing Story War, because it seems right up the group's alley. Like a bigger, blacker... well, you know.

Lex-Kat
2013-10-07, 01:43 AM
I will have my copy of Cards Against Humanity with the 3 expansions, as well as the Bigger, Blacker Box if it arrives in time. I will also be bringing Story War, because it seems right up the group's alley. Like a bigger, blacker... well, you know.

The Bigger, Blacker Box? :smallconfused: What's that?

smellie_hippie
2013-10-07, 05:53 AM
I also feel the need to point out that Octoberfest on Saturday is completely optional. If group consensus is to play games all day and bring our own beer, totally fine by me.

However... If some folks are game to check it out for a couple hours, I unlikely to turn down free craft beer.

mangosta71
2013-10-07, 12:54 PM
The Bigger, Blacker Box? :smallconfused: What's that?
It's a big black box for storing CAH. And it comes with some cards about boxes. And also a bunch of blank cards.

Diva De
2013-10-07, 09:09 PM
I also feel the need to point out that Octoberfest on Saturday is completely optional. If group consensus is to play games all day and bring our own beer, totally fine by me.

However... If some folks are game to check it out for a couple hours, I unlikely to turn down free craft beer.

Well. The festival is free. Drink tickets available for $1 each

Can we change that to strippers and booze??
Cus we could hit up the DollHouse and party with Mad Max lol
(Diva De will know if she listens to rock 107)

Seriously though. Aight that sounds fun. I suck at singing but thats the point of Karaoke aint it lol and gaming is up my alley any time.
I know Max. I've known him for a looooooong time. We used to be neighbors. And I was a waitress at the Dollhouse back when it was the Crazy Horse.

Booze will be had - oh yes.

Lex-Kat
2013-10-07, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure about all this. :smalleek: It might be bad for my shell. :smallredface:

Gryffon
2013-10-09, 11:05 AM
If you're expecting a ride from the airport, please repost your arrival date/time so that I don't have to look through the entire thread.

Thank You. =)

Lex-Kat
2013-10-09, 12:39 PM
Lexie= Friday @ Noon:10

mangosta71
2013-10-09, 01:00 PM
Thursday @3:30. KEG gave me her cell so I can text a reminder.

IsaacTheHungry
2013-10-09, 09:42 PM
I can't make it. I have an injury to my side that is acting up (I need to back to the doctor). I was planning on coming anyway but I just realized that driving 7 hours with my side like this is a bad idea. (Extended driving aggravates it) :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2013-10-09, 10:20 PM
I can't make it. I have an injury to my side that is acting up (I need to back to the doctor). I was planning on coming anyway but I just realized that driving 7 hours with my side like this is a bad idea. (Extended driving aggravates it) :smallfrown:

:smallfrown: That sucks. Hope you feel better and can make it to a meet-up at some future date. :smallsmile:

Krade
2013-10-10, 03:49 AM
If you're expecting a ride from the airport, please repost your arrival date/time so that I don't have to look through the entire thread.

Thank You. =)

Friday 3:32pm. US Airways 2885.

Callin
2013-10-12, 01:41 PM
THANKS FOR HAVING ME! It was fun and I enjoyed meeting all ya'll.

Lex-Kat
2013-10-15, 10:11 AM
Thanks for coming down. It was good meeting you. :smallsmile:

Krade
2013-10-15, 06:20 PM
I am home!

The best part of the meet-up (aside from the whole meet-up) has to be receiving a $425 voucher from the airline for my noble sacrifice of extending my vacation an extra day. Such a hassle.

Cuthalion
2013-10-15, 07:13 PM
How was it, guys? :smallsmile:

mangosta71
2013-10-15, 11:39 PM
Oh, right, home. :smallsigh:

Reinholdt
2013-10-16, 12:39 AM
Now that I'm mostly awake again.
I had a great time. Sorry to anyone I might have been grumpy with. I'm still learning my limits and this certainly helped me prepare for JC at least.

Shouting stuffs!

De and Gryf - Thanks for hosting. It was great fun and a nice break. Plus I want to steal your adorable kitties.

Katie - Probably repost this on FB, but I really enjoyed the murder mystery and was impressed with the effort you put into it with the set up and all. Thank you for doing and for being there.

Sir Six - Aqueducts.

Lex Kat - Thank you greatly for the room and the gift. The place was impressive and the bath was heavenly. And much adventure was had.

Krade - You're crazy in the awesome way and your taste in movies is bizarre, but you are a joy to be around. Particularly as you get executed after repeatedly denouncing me as anything less than human.

Mango - You had some absolutely terrible luck this weekend cause your plays were sound. Still, always a pleasure father in law. Try not to murder your coworkers before March.

Hippie 1 and Hippie 2 - It was good seeing you both again. Sorry you had to leave a little early. Always enjoy your company and we'll get in some more seven wonders next time.

Callin - It was nice meeting you, if only briefly. I hope you'll make some of the other meet ups.

I think that's everyone. That's on Giant at least.