PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with +16 str?

CyberThread
2013-07-08, 04:15 PM
Besides punching someone, what would you do , if you suddenly had a +16 str boost in real life?

Morph Bark
2013-07-08, 04:19 PM
I got the strength, now I'll learn the technique. Pick up another martial art, or climbing, or something like that as a hobby.

Likely get famous.

ArqArturo
2013-07-08, 04:19 PM
Probably die of sudden muscle-rippling in my body.

http://www.mythicspoiler.com/dgm/cards/warpedphysique.jpg

But, if it's a steady growth that gives the body time to adapt, I'd probably be out in the street doing random feats of strength. I'd also be shirtless, since having toned muscles should count as having a shirt :smallcool:.

Barsoom
2013-07-08, 04:21 PM
I would win gold medals in weightlifting for the next 40 years (even with old age penalties, my STR would be sufficient).

Tvtyrant
2013-07-08, 04:25 PM
Become an Olympic athlete, since swimming and jumping are strength checks. Maybe take up football and boxing.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-07-08, 04:30 PM
Find a way to base HP on Strength and become a superhero. A +16 Str is enough to lift a couple tons, easy.

Rubik
2013-07-08, 04:33 PM
I would win gold medals in weightlifting for the next 40 years (even with old age penalties, my STR would be sufficient).

Become an Olympic athlete, since swimming and jumping are strength checks. Maybe take up football and boxing.These. Make money and use it to better myself and the world around me.

Waker
2013-07-08, 04:33 PM
Begin a business directed at turning 90lb weaklings into macho men?
Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.

Octopus Jack
2013-07-08, 04:34 PM
Well +16 Str gives a pretty decent bonus on grappling so I guess I'd grapple a lot of people and become an MMA fighter or something to earn money.

Then once I had earnt my millions in fighting I'd buy the most high tech armor, maybe some weapons and vehicles, I could aford and become some form of minor comic book super-villain.

Randomguy
2013-07-08, 04:55 PM
I'd probably just keep things on the top shelf a lot more for an excuse to jump up and get them.

Vaz
2013-07-08, 04:59 PM
Probably the same thing I do already. Laze around in bed, play D&D/video games, study a couple of books, surf the internet, and work in a bar at weekends.

Likely with a lot more female attention, however. I'd be like the awesomer Vin Diesel. But with slightly more acting talent.

Ninja_Grand
2013-07-08, 05:04 PM
Begin a business directed at turning 90lb weaklings into macho men?
Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.

Can I sig this part? Its gold.

+16? Never hug anyone. Ever. Then join the army.

Xervous
2013-07-08, 05:04 PM
Paint my chest like this guy (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110417142538/ssb/images/b/b3/CaptainFalconColorsMelee.png)

Corndog
2013-07-08, 05:08 PM
push or pull unnecessarily large objects

Lanson
2013-07-08, 05:10 PM
I'd start my own TV show called "The Human Catapult" you can guess what the series would entail.

Waker
2013-07-08, 05:21 PM
Can I sig this part? Its gold.

+16? Never hug anyone. Ever. Then join the army.

Have at it. My sig already preemptively gives people the permission to sig me, provided it doesn't make me look dumb.

Ninja_Grand
2013-07-08, 05:32 PM
How can I miss that? Thanks.
So I dont turn this into a PM

Oh, and boxing. That be fun. Paint myself green and talk in third person also tops the list.

gurgleflep
2013-07-08, 05:34 PM
+16 to strength? So many things come to mind!

Take up swordfighting - two-handed weapon, one-handed and a shield, duel wielding, etc.
Acquire several forms of armor for varying combat styles.
Take up several different types of unarmed fighting.
Work-out as needed - I don't want to lose that big of a boost to strength!
Figure out a way to reach everything on me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVauqlIBy0) :smallbiggrin:

There are a few more things, but these are the ones I would like to do most.

SamBurke
2013-07-08, 05:39 PM
Dig a hole to China... WITH MY PECS.

Leap tall buildings... WITH MY GLUTES.

Lift cars... WITH. MY. TONGUE.

J-H
2013-07-08, 05:49 PM
Figure out a way to trade it for +6 CON and +4 DEX.

I'm in sales, and my "hobby" projects are permaculture/gardening and shooting. I already have enough strength for those, but I'm lacking in dexterity and endurance (asthma + low heat tolerance).

Zero grim
2013-07-08, 05:50 PM
Id be a stage magician who pulls of impossible feats of strength and leave the audience baffled out how I do them. (only really works if I don't suddenly become the hulk in appearance)

limejuicepowder
2013-07-08, 06:48 PM
Yeah +16 strength would be awesome. Keeping the same appearance would be even better.

I'd start by putting my amateur fight career on the fast track. I'd also enter pretty much every strongman contest I could find. Win a bunch of money and give most of it away.

TheSunKing
2013-07-08, 07:06 PM
Being a computer science major, curse the day I got the buff. I'd break sooooo many keyboards by accident.

geekintheground
2013-07-08, 07:07 PM
since nothing was said about a change in physical appereance, im gonna have to go with "hustle people for cash and respect". nothing overboard, id just like to live comfortably. i wouldnt become a professional fighter though, id be too glass canon-y. Olympics sounds fun, and i wouldnt even have to train to get there!

Barsoom
2013-07-08, 07:17 PM
Well +16 Str gives a pretty decent bonus on grappling so I guess I'd grapple a lot of people and become an MMA fighter or something to earn money.Unfortunately, improved Strength doesn't grant you Improved Unarmed Strike or Improved Grapple, not does it improve your hit points or armor class in any way. Pretty sure all the good MMA fighter have Combat Reflexes and Improved Unarmed Strike/Grapple, as a minimum. Try to grapple them, they'll knock you out cold with an AoO and that'll be the end of that.

Agent 451
2013-07-08, 07:21 PM
Raise a barn or a house by myself, and then probably let my muscles atrophy because the novelty had worn off.

Humble Master
2013-07-08, 07:22 PM
I would become a Jumplomancer.

Traab
2013-07-08, 08:23 PM
Id hustle people for cash at the nearest driving range/golf course by betting them I could hit the ball really far. Maybe win a few amateur circuits and try to go pro. My grandma has some debts I could pay off if I hurry.

Sylthia
2013-07-08, 08:29 PM
I'd probably get busted for illegal steroid use.

Souju
2013-07-08, 08:39 PM
wear my underwear on the outside. Who needs social graces when you can bench a minivan?

danzibr
2013-07-08, 08:58 PM
Do several one-handed push-ups and feel really cool.

Then do several one-armed pull-ups and feel really cool.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-07-08, 09:20 PM
If this is 3.5, then I would get a nice bonus to my jump check. I'd see if I could dunk a basketball. That would be cool.

QuintonBeck
2013-07-08, 10:18 PM
Go out at night and just crush things that couldn't feasibly be crushed by a person just to leave people to question what in the world was going on.

Valthonis
2013-07-08, 10:28 PM
Honestly....I would probably become a firefighter ._. Use my super jump checks to reach children screaming out of windows in burning buildings...or something like that...

Drelua
2013-07-08, 10:56 PM
Go out at night and just crush things that couldn't feasibly be crushed by a person just to leave people to question what in the world was going on.

Okay, this is definitely my favourite answer from this thread. Why do something good with your superhuman strength when you can do something hilarious? :smallcool:

I'd probably find a job in demolition since I'm planning to move to the city soon. My interview would consist of me saying "I'll replace that" and smashing a desk in half. I would then make a good living punching out buildings, and studying military combat styles. Once I was in good enough shape, I would put on a cape and fight crime as legally as possible.

Arundel
2013-07-09, 12:08 AM
You know, I was going to say something about some crazy jump checks, but then I actually looked at the DCs. With some time and practice, you could clear ~7 vertical feet, or maybe 10 feet on your best day (nat20). You could also look forward to jumping between 30 and 40 feet in the long jump.

Man jump check DCs are depressing.

Although you could Superman out of handcuffs as dramatic tension dictates.

White_Drake
2013-07-09, 12:15 AM
Severely injure myself the next time I swatted a mosquito.

Endarire
2013-07-09, 12:43 AM
I'd get +8 to melee accuracy and at least +8 to melee damage.

gooddragon1
2013-07-09, 12:51 AM
Be happy that my strength is 5 times it's normal amount.

Octopus Jack
2013-07-09, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately, improved Strength doesn't grant you Improved Unarmed Strike or Improved Grapple, not does it improve your hit points or armor class in any way. Pretty sure all the good MMA fighter have Combat Reflexes and Improved Unarmed Strike/Grapple, as a minimum. Try to grapple them, they'll knock you out cold with an AoO and that'll be the end of that.

You're right, having huge Strength doesn't grant me Improved Unarmed Strike nor Grapple but I'm pretty sure over ten years of practicing various martial arts to a fairly high degree should grant at least the former and if not the latter then I'll do a little training first to ensure no AoO occurs. Either way make huge amounts of money using my strength for the simplest purpose then become a super-villain which hopefully doesn't become serious enough for the authorities to actually try to use lethal force on me.

karkus
2013-07-09, 02:16 AM
I'd punch someone. No wait... that's against the rules...

Hmm... can I still punch someone? I'd punch someone.

Immabozo
2013-07-09, 02:44 AM
What kind of bonus? Sacred? Divine? Enhancement? Supernatural?

Go to a club and do pushups with no less then 10 women sitting on my and impress them with mah muscles!

Whenever I am sitting at a table of strangers, I'd excuse myself and then rip my way through the table and leave with no explanation of why, or how.

supermonkeyjoe
2013-07-09, 04:59 AM
I would enter the worlds strongest man competition because I'm fairly sure at that point I would be the worlds strongest man.

Spuddles
2013-07-09, 05:09 AM
Push ups. Lots of push ups.

As far as being strongest person in the world, you only get to claim that title if you start with a 6str or higher. Which means a deadlift of at least 120lbs.

bot
2013-07-09, 05:24 AM
With +16 str in rl?
I'd run an even greater risk, then just becoming blind.

supermonkeyjoe
2013-07-09, 05:25 AM
Push ups. Lots of push ups.

As far as being strongest person in the world, you only get to claim that title if you start with a 6str or higher. Which means a deadlift of at least 120lbs.

Considering Average human strength is 10 the +16 would put you at around 26str

That gives you a lift over head value of 920lbs, almost double the previous world record of 476lbs

Harlot
2013-07-09, 05:28 AM
become and EPIC Rugby forward, have a professional career lasting 60 years.

gurgleflep
2013-07-09, 05:41 AM
With +16 str in rl?
I'd run an even greater risk, then just becoming blind.

I understood this joke... I laughed!

137beth
2013-07-09, 05:47 AM
Wait, I'm confused...
is our strength score increasing by 16, or is our strength MODIFIER increasing by 16, or do we just get a fixed strength of 16...or a fixed strength of 42? Which is it?!?

Spuddles
2013-07-09, 07:39 AM
Considering Average human strength is 10 the +16 would put you at around 26str

Not in real life. At the very least, half the population is 20% weaker than the other half, which brings the average score IRL down to 9. I am also suspicious that, at least in the west, with obesity rates approaching 1 in 3 people, anyone can lift much of anything above their heads.

That gives you a lift over head value of 920lbs, almost double the previous world record of 476lbs

Are you looking at military press? Clean and press max is 502lbs, which is probably closer to "lift above your head".

What's interesting about the carrying capacity vs. str table is how much of a difference big str scores make. Gaining 1 str between 1 and 10 str means gaining 10lbs of max load, whole going from 23 to 24 is gaining 100lbs of max load.

Wait, I'm confused...
is our strength score increasing by 16, or is our strength MODIFIER increasing by 16, or do we just get a fixed strength of 16...or a fixed strength of 42? Which is it?!?

You current str score increases by 16.