PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Aspiring Writers

Tormsskull
2006-12-08, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone,

I started up a new site back in October, http://www.readwriteshare.net.
Its a very new site, has pretty much 0 traffic, and so I am looking to spice it up a bit. The basic premise of the site is for anyone who likes to write &/or read, there will be stuff there for you to check out.

So, if anyone has any writings they'd like to submit to the site (I have a forum set up for submissions) I'd love to have them. Hopefully I can get enough submissions to generate interest in the site & maybe some day a regular following.

Anyhow, hope to receive some submissions!

Ing
2006-12-08, 11:39 AM
I might be interested in submitting some stuff....but can you offer anyone protection agianst plagerism or having the stories posted stollen?

Vaynor
2006-12-09, 10:58 AM
I tried to register but it's been about 8 hours since, and I still haven't gotten my email.

Tormsskull
2006-12-10, 12:13 AM
I might be interested in submitting some stuff....but can you offer anyone protection agianst plagerism or having the stories posted stollen?

Well, from what I have come to understand, the way American copyright law works, the moment you say something is copyrighted, it is. It sounded very strange to me at first, but apparently that's how it is. Anything you post anywhere has the potential of being stolen from you, but everything is dated on the site. So if you submit something today, and then someone tries to publish your work under their name in a year from now, you'd have a previously dated piece with your name on it.

I tried to register but it's been about 8 hours since, and I still haven't gotten my email.

Strange. I just set up a dummy account and got my e-mail confirmation in seconds. I'll talk to my server host and see if there have been any troubles with the server. I'll let you know ASAP.