PDA

View Full Version : PF W.I.P.: Skyclad Ritual [Metamagic]

Talya
2013-07-08, 06:29 PM
Skyclad Ritual [Metamagic]

You can prepare powerful magic by ritual under the light of the moon.

Prerequisite: Hex Class feature (Pathfinder Witch), ability to cast 2nd level spells.

Benefit: You prepare an elaborate ritual under the light of the moon while skyclad. You can prepare a single spell up to one level lower than the highest level you can cast using this ritual. The ritual takes 10 minutes per level of the spell being prepared to perform, and the spell so prepared uses up a spell slot one higher than it normally would. This spell can now be cast as a hex, rather than a spell. After it has been cast once, the ritual energies dissipate, and the spell slot is consumed.

In addition to the advantage of being cast as a hex, the Skyclad Ritual Hex may add a benefit to the spell depending on the phase of the moon at the time it was prepared.

Full Moon Spell - Spells prepared under the light of the full moon gain the Empowered and Flaring qualities (as per the metamagic feats). This benefit can only be applied to spells with the Light, Fire, or Electricity descriptors.

New Moon Spell - Spells prepared under the darkness of the new moon gain (Tenebrous, Umbral, and Shadow qualities as per the metamagic feats.) This benefit cannot be applied to spells with the light, fire or electricity descriptors.

Debihuman
2013-07-09, 06:22 PM
So, this is a spell for nudists? There seems to be little correlation between gaining the benefit and having to disrobe.

Debby

Waker
2013-07-09, 06:33 PM
I saw the topic title and thought "Hmm, odd." and then I saw the topic creator and said "Ah, that makes sense."
Tayla, you really need to stop being coy about it though. You've got the Vow of Nudity and now this. Just go to the next logical progression and make some kind of nudist class or PrC. Perhaps draw some inspiration from classes like Bard or Battle Dancer so you can start a Performance entitled "Pants-Off, Dance-Off!"