PDA

View Full Version : Turning my existing game into Kingmaker?

xanendorf
2013-07-08, 10:06 PM
I'm currently DMing a Pathfinder game set in Ravenloft. I have been recently wanting to turn the game into a Kingmaker type of game where my players take control, govern and rule part of the world (without necessarily becoming dark lords) that is still set in Ravenloft. What would be the best way to go about this?

Edit: A new land has recently emerged from the mists. Right now the PCs are going to explore it. It has no leaders just yet. This would be the land for them to inhabit/possibly rule.

CaladanMoonblad
2013-07-08, 10:14 PM
Well, if they are not going to take the Darklord's position, then they are going to have to become the Darklord's pawn. : / The setting is rather specific about the fate of a darklord as both a means to great power and their domain as a cursed prison.

Azalin for instance, seems the most cultured of the darklords and willing to work with others... it was a bunch of heroes who rescued him from the Grey Lands after all to resume his reign over Darkon.

xanendorf
2013-07-09, 04:43 PM
I think I might need to re phrase my question. I intend to let my players do some kingdom making. What rules (or guides) are out there to help me along?