PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]How can i get all martial weapon proficiency?

isildur
2013-07-08, 11:57 PM
I build a abujurant champion.

fighter 1/wizard 5/eldrich knight 2/abjurant champion 3 (11lv campaign)

but if i can get all martial weapon proficiency without take fighter level, than i can get more caster level. there are some way?

allowed book:PHB2, Complete(Arcane, Divine, Adventure, Warrior, Champion, Mage, Scoundrel), Race(Dragon, Stone, Wild, Destiny), Spell Compendium, Magic Item Compendium, Miniature Handbook, Dungeonscape, Citiyscape, Heroes of Battle, Dragon Magic

ps>I don't like duskblade.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-09, 12:04 AM
Take a level in barbarian or paladin instead of fighter

On a more serious note: choose an outsider for your race, outsiders are naturally proficent in all martial weapons. Lesser asimar is certainly popular.

Nettlekid
2013-07-09, 01:29 AM
I don't think Lesser Aasimar is an Outsider, it's a Humanoid with the Extraplanar subtype. Neraphim are Outsiders though, if you're okay with being a toad dude.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-09, 01:32 AM
I don't think Lesser Aasimar is an Outsider, it's a Humanoid with the Extraplanar subtype. Neraphim are Outsiders though, if you're okay with being a toad dude.

You are quite right, I am mistaken.

Rastapopolos
2013-07-09, 02:51 AM
Doesnt the otherworldly regional feat from PGtF make you an outsider?

EDIT, not on your allowed list... soz

Zombimode
2013-07-09, 03:09 AM
If PGtF was on the table, you could take the far less convoluted route with the Militia regional feat, that flat out gives you all martial weapon proficiencies.

GeekGirl
2013-07-09, 09:29 AM
This may be a dumb suggestion, but Martial Weapon Proficiency is a feat. Wizards don't get many, but if you are that dead set on not losing any caster levels, take it.

Psyren
2013-07-09, 09:33 AM
This may be a dumb suggestion, but Martial Weapon Proficiency is a feat. Wizards don't get many, but if you are that dead set on not losing any caster levels, take it.

That only gives you one weapon though - for Spellsword/EK you need all of them.

I think Dragonslayer 1 might work.

GeekGirl
2013-07-09, 09:36 AM
That only gives you one weapon though - for Spellsword/EK you need all of them.

Crap I misread that one. My bad.. See I said it was a dumb idea :P

Karnith
2013-07-09, 09:37 AM
It gives out proficiency with all martial weapons, but on the other hand it requires BAB +5, which isn't doable in time to save a fighter level on the OP's build. It's also from the Draconomicon, which isn't on the list of allowed sources.

If online sources are allowed, though, I would recommend going with a Neraph (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040613a&page=2).

Pilo
2013-07-09, 10:34 AM
Marshal might be better (Miniature Handbook), less BAB though.
Chameleon with Combat Focus.
Spymaster from Complete adventurer is an other option.

Shining Wrath
2013-07-09, 10:44 AM
For a one level dip in a non-prestige class granting martial weapons, I suggest Factotum. It ought to offer some synergies to a INT based caster.

Gavinfoxx
2013-07-09, 10:52 AM
I suggest a flaw and the FR 'Militia' feat, mentioned earlier.

Fouredged Sword
2013-07-09, 10:56 AM
For dipping to get all martial weapon prof, duskblade makes a good choice.

You get a few level 1 spells on top of the weapon prof.

Big Fau
2013-07-09, 11:00 AM
I build a abujurant champion.

fighter 1/wizard 5/eldrich knight 2/abjurant champion 3 (11lv campaign)

but if i can get all martial weapon proficiency without take fighter level, than i can get more caster level.

Wait, do you just want a higher caster level, or is the goal a faster spellcasting progression? Cause if it's the former, that's trivial to solve.

Cruiser1
2013-07-09, 11:46 AM
if i can get all martial weapon proficiency without take fighter level, than i can get more caster level.
To enter Abjurant Champion, you only need "proficiency with at least one martial weapon". You don't need all martial weapons, or the Martial Weapon Proficiency feat. That means you can be an Elf (proficient in Longsword), which is easier to build than being an Outsider.

A 1st level Wizard can cast Master's Touch (SC) to become proficient with a single martial weapon. That can meet the requirement, although you probably want to Persist the spell in some way. A custom magic item of Master's Touch would also work and be quite inexpensive (just don't lose it).

isildur
2013-07-09, 11:48 AM
Yes, but i need Eldritch knight too.