PDA

View Full Version : ideas for an undead cohort

blelliot
2013-07-09, 02:56 AM
I'm playing a lich necromancer using the corpsecrafter line of feats in an evil game run by a friend of mine. Soon I plan on taking undead leadership, planning to create a death knight as my cohort. I'm looking for an idea to create a general of my undead army. Any opinions?

Darth Stabber
2013-07-09, 03:00 AM
DFI bard. Add some serious pain on to all of your army's attacks. Preferably with acid damage, but whatever works (sonic is better yet, but a slightly bigger pain to get).

Kaeso
2013-07-09, 03:04 AM
What stabber said, though a White Raven focused warblade or crusader works as well. Of course, don't forget to give your general a worthy steed: a zombie dragon!

Darth Stabber
2013-07-09, 03:14 AM
What stabber said, though a White Raven focused warblade or crusader works as well. Of course, don't forget to give your general a worthy steed: a zombie dragon!

Or combine them with bard/crusader and song of the white raven. It can get really scary. The problem with bards is that they can't sing and cast, but singing impairs maneuvers not at all. Pretty vicious if you do it right.

blelliot
2013-07-09, 03:15 AM
Well the idea is to have skeletons as shock troops, zombies as siege engines, some intelligent undead(bone or corpse creatures) as elite troops, mummies as my personal retinue of bodyguards, a death knight of some sort as my general, and since I'm using the skeleton companion instead of a familiar for my never leaves my side bodyguard. Also I don't want to use ToB for my cohort. Not my favprite book. The bard sounds like a cool idea though. I belive requiem is the feat that allows undead to be affected by bardic music, if I'm not mistaken. Keep the ideas coming! Loving it so far!

Waker
2013-07-09, 03:41 AM
Or combine them with bard/crusader and song of the white raven. It can get really scary. The problem with bards is that they can't sing and cast, but singing impairs maneuvers not at all. Pretty vicious if you do it right.
Melodic Casting is the cure for that.

How about a spooky debuff build? Something like Ranger into Avenging Executioner and taking the Eviscerator feat chain. Get a critical? Everyone is scared. Kill someone? Everyone is scared. The number of enemies is irrelevant, just that they are within 30ft.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-09, 04:00 AM
Melodic Casting is the cure for that.

It's a cure, but bashing in the enemy's brains in with oddly shaped pieces of steel on a stick is so much more fun. Plus how unnerving would it be to see some dude singing a happy little ditty while cleaving a path of destruction through your ranks (warblade is better for whole "path of destruction" thing, but crusader is more synergistic with bard).