PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Vilgax Inspired Build

Thurbane
2013-07-09, 07:02 AM
Hey, I'm thinking of putting a villain into an upcoming campaign based on Vilgax from Ben 10 (mainly for giggles).

Basically, it will be a 1/2 Illithid Body Tamer build, but I'm not decided what the other half should be. Something of Large size with a humanoid build, probably a Giant or Monstrous Humanoid. Something with good physical and OK mental stats. (Will be using the Underdark version of the 1/2 Illithid template).

I'm not 100% slavishly dedicated to make him as Vilgax like as possible, but he should be physically tough, fast and decent mental scores - relying primarily on his physical prowess. Ability to change shape into a giant squid would be a nice bonus :P

Cheers - T

http://i39.tinypic.com/xaytdy.jpg

Manly Man
2013-07-09, 09:02 PM
There's a war troll (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040815b&page=6) for the Large size and decent mental stats; only a -2 on Intelligence, but a +4 on Wisdom, and that's just begging to have a level or two of Psychic Warrior put on him. However, the template and the levels it would take to let him get a great power or two (hustle, anyone?) would probably put him right around level 20, and not even Vilgax is that powerful.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-07-09, 09:34 PM
Half-Illithid Primordial Frost Giant? That'd have adjustments of Str +24, Dex -2, Con +8, Int +8, Wis +8, Cha +8. For a total of 14 RHD and +9 LA.

Or, since you're the the DM, CR 13ish? Toss on the Body Flayer levels (associated, likely) for a few more points of CR.

Manly Man
2013-07-09, 10:02 PM
Oh, one other idea: gestalt the monster's RHD with a psionic class as well. Psychic Warrior in the case of the war troll, and... well, pretty much whatever the Hell you want with the primordial frost giant.

Waker
2013-07-09, 10:21 PM
Half-Giant can work well as the base creature. Would give you some small physical boosts without any mental penalties, powerful build and just a touch of psionics. Barbarian or Psychic Warrior work for base class.

kreenlover
2013-07-09, 10:42 PM
Half-Giant can work well as the base creature. Would give you some small physical boosts without any mental penalties, powerful build and just a touch of psionics. Barbarian or Psychic Warrior work for base class.

In agreement with Waker. Get Barbarian with Whirling Frenzy ACF, and for the fast movement.
Half-Giant works REALLY well for what you want. Add on Were-Squid (or were-kraken :smalleek:) for the lolz, and go to town. :smalltongue:

Asides from that, you want some serious psi-like or SLA's for all his laser beams, energy blasting, people abosrbing, goop form, craziness.

(And I am not a Ben 10 fan, I just researched Vilgax to help with this. I love building villains :smallbiggrin:)

Edit: Were-Kraken does not work. has to be animal, not magical beast. were giant squid would work however (and give that giant squid a flight speed)