PDA

View Full Version : Smartphone issues

Invader
2013-07-09, 09:44 PM
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and for some reason when I'm writing a post my cursor will jump up to a random spot and mess up what I'm typing. It's much worse when I'm quoting someone as it always messes up the quote format or delete part off the quote. Has anyone else noticed this problem and have a way to fix it.

And as a secondary question, is there any plan to release a mobile version of the site or a forum app?

The Dark Fiddler
2013-07-09, 10:48 PM
The website isn't mobile-optimized, so weirdness isn't surprising. I can't find it, but I vaguely remember this question of a mobile site or an app or something coming up in the past and being shot down... but I guess Roland or Rawhide or somebody will need to come by and give an official answer.

Blueiji
2013-07-10, 12:46 AM
I also have issues on my Ipod touch, but I guess that isn't exactly a smartphone per say.

Specifically, I can't open spoiler tags.

Strawberries
2013-07-10, 01:26 AM
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and for some reason when I'm writing a post my cursor will jump up to a random spot and mess up what I'm typing. It's much worse when I'm quoting someone as it always messes up the quote format or delete part off the quote. Has anyone else noticed this problem and have a way to fix it.

And as a secondary question, is there any plan to release a mobile version of the site or a forum app?

Hmmmm... Strange. It works fine with my s3 mini...

Feytalist
2013-07-10, 03:20 AM
Works fine on my mini as well.

I'm almost certain I saw a forum app floating around somewhere, but I think it was third-party. Can't seem to find it now, though. If there is one that works, I'd like to know about it. Full website browsing on a phone is tedious.

Rawhide
2013-07-10, 04:42 AM
The website isn't mobile-optimized, so weirdness isn't surprising. I can't find it, but I vaguely remember this question of a mobile site or an app or something coming up in the past and being shot down... but I guess Roland or Rawhide or somebody will need to come by and give an official answer.

There is no mobile app available or currently planned. There is no mobile site available and there won't be one made for this version of the site - we've put a development freeze on any improvements to the current version.

Invader
2013-07-10, 11:04 AM
There is no mobile app available or currently planned. There is no mobile site available and there won't be one made for this version of the site - we've put a development freeze on any improvements to the current version.

Does this mean a new and improved version is in the pipeline !?!? :smallbiggrin:

AttilaTheGeek
2013-07-10, 05:07 PM

I assume you mean "the current version of the desktop site", correct?

KacyCrawford
2013-07-15, 07:33 AM
You can try with different browsers

nyjastul69
2013-07-15, 08:07 AM
The site seems to interact fine with my Droid RAZR M. It's my primary interface with the site.

Edit: I'm using the default chrome browser on my device.

Grif
2013-07-15, 11:23 AM
Samsung Wonder here. No problem using the website with the default browser. (Safari(?))

I had pictures all turned off though, to save on bandwidth.

EmeraldRose
2013-07-17, 09:22 AM
I have an HTC Evo. I haven't had issues with this site specifically, however, occasionally I will have similar issues when texting or something. I think usually it comes from accidentally brushing the screen in another area, causing it to jump. I sometimes have that problem with my laptop as well, if my sleeve brushes the mouse pad.

Not sure if this could be part of the issue?

Kuroshima
2013-08-16, 08:07 AM
Personally, I would love if you added Tapatalk support (paid app on the Google Play Store, but an older version is available for free on the Amazon App Store (http://www.amazon.com/QUOORD-SYSTEMS-LIMITED-Taptalk-Developement/dp/B0055ELS7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376658008&sr=8-1&keywords=tapatalk)).

The instructions to enable it don't seem complex (http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=vbulletin), though never having done it, I don't know what the inevitable issues will be... Of course that assumed that you're using vBulletin 3.6+. I do not know what version of vBuletin you are using though, but 3.6 is positively ancient.

Rawhide
2013-08-16, 08:52 AM
Personally, I would love if you added Tapatalk support (paid app on the Google Play Store, but an older version is available for free on the Amazon App Store (http://www.amazon.com/QUOORD-SYSTEMS-LIMITED-Taptalk-Developement/dp/B0055ELS7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376658008&sr=8-1&keywords=tapatalk)).

The instructions to enable it don't seem complex (http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=vbulletin), though never having done it, I don't know what the inevitable issues will be... Of course that assumed that you're using vBulletin 3.6+. I do not know what version of vBuletin you are using though, but 3.6 is positively ancient.

Hi, we will not be using a third party application for accessing the site from mobile devices, particularly not one that our users will need to pay for.

As the original poster has not replied in a very long time, and no one else is experiencing any issues, I am closing this thread on the basis of it being solved.