PDA

View Full Version : Divine Version of duskblade

Yogibear41
2013-07-09, 11:45 PM
Basically looking for any base class that has full BAB and gives divine casting at first level. I know of the ranger variants from dragon magazine, they don't really fit the theme I'm going for though, looking for something more along the lines of a cleric.

I'm not sure if any base class actually fits this description but I figured if there was one somebody here would know about it.

Gavinfoxx
2013-07-10, 12:12 AM
What precisely do you need this for that cleric won't work?

nedz
2013-07-10, 03:10 AM
Duskblade qualifies for Arcane Disciple at level 1. Play a human and start with two domains.

DMVerdandi
2013-07-10, 03:22 AM
...Paladin?
seriously though, a cleric should get you through anything.
If you want to add BAB, there are prestige classes for that, or simply using divine power.

jokeaccount
2013-07-10, 03:30 AM
A Duskblade is a character that has:
Fullplate armor casting
Full BAB
Access to arcane spells.

A Cleric is a character that has:
Fullplate armor casting
Full BAB (with persistent Divine Power which is not hard to achieve)
Access to divine spells

gooddragon1
2013-07-10, 03:35 AM
Don't know of any.

Maybe he just wants duskblade stats with divine casting and none of the hassle or a lower power level?

I'd suggest homebrew if no one can come up with anything.

Use the logic that if cleric already does better then it shouldn't be a problem to have less. If not acceptable then just play a cleric :/.

Cloud
2013-07-10, 03:37 AM
As has been said, a paladin probably fits the bill, albeit probably a home-brew version so it wasn't terrible and had casting of some form at level 1.

Feytalist
2013-07-10, 03:46 AM
As has been said, a paladin probably fits the bill, albeit probably a home-brew version so it wasn't terrible and had casting of some form at level 1.

TG Oskar's homebrew fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193554) says hi.

It's pretty good.

Yogibear41
2013-07-10, 08:12 AM
Its mainly for a homebrew e6 that I'm working on, theres a certain lawful neutral relegious accosciation that is mostly monks, but I wanted some of the head guys to have a dash of cleric and then some levels in sacred fist. Technically I could do it using fighter levels instead of monk levels but it really wouldn't fit the theme right.

Gwendol
2013-07-10, 08:32 AM
Look at the Ordained Champion PrC and work from there. It's not too hard to make it work for E6.

Zanfire
2013-07-10, 11:56 AM
I've always thought of favored soul as a sorta divine duskblade, admittedly its not exactly what your looking for

nedz
2013-07-10, 12:59 PM
I've always thought of favored soul as a sorta divine duskblade, admittedly its not exactly what your looking for

It depends what you are looking for but Spontaneous Cleric is probably better than Favoured Soul.

Gavinfoxx
2013-07-10, 01:11 PM
I like Mystic rather than Favored Soul!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=427641

Deadline
2013-07-10, 01:16 PM
If you aren't homebrew averse, why not just switch the Duskblade casting to Wis-based divine casting, and fiddle with the spell list a bit?

Nightraiderx
2013-07-11, 06:44 AM
I'm thinking of actually making a homebrew version of divine duskblade/cleric type. I'll probably be working on it tommorrow (since I have that off).

Gerrtt
2013-07-11, 08:18 AM
You may try this:

Dawnblade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190289)

Enjoy.

Nightraiderx
2013-07-11, 12:50 PM
You may try this:

Dawnblade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190289)

Enjoy.

Curse you!!

Seems that I was slow in creation, but I think mine will have a different kind of focus. I'd like to at least try making it and see how it balances against yours, it seems a bit on the slight side of powerful with a lot of abilities. I do like what you did with the heavy armor progression, I don't want to copy that fully, also focusing on turn/rebuke undead to fuel it's ability rather than Smite. So we shall see... but if I fail (horribly) then I may use this for a campaign I'm working on.

Gerrtt
2013-07-11, 12:56 PM
I can't take credit...I just know it exists and kinda dig it. I say build away though, call it something different or change things around and make it what you want.