PDA

View Full Version : funky builds for a tibbit?

CyberThread
2013-07-10, 01:25 AM
No to warlock and dragonfire adept :P

What sort of funky builds can ya do with a tibbit to play off the cat side with humor or sterotypes?((cat burgler, black bad luck cat))

Eldest
2013-07-10, 01:27 AM
Tibbit Psion/Thrallherd. Be the cat the evil genius is always stroking.

Nettlekid
2013-07-10, 01:30 AM
Swashbuckler/Rogue to be Puss in Boots. Get fancy boots. It's also surprisingly effective, because when you combine the giant-slaying feats like Underfoot Combat and Confound the Big Folk with Sneak Attack and lots of natural weapons in the form of claws and a bite, you end up doing substantial damage on your opponent's underbelly!

NeoPhoenix0
2013-07-10, 01:41 AM
Ranger/ Leviathan Hunter (Prc from stormwrack) your first favored enemy is animal and you specialize in fighting large creatures from the sea. Your goal is to find the world's biggest tuna, or other fish.

Edit: and you never leave home without your lucky sea serpent scale. (not sure what monster you would kill to get that trophy.)

Waker
2013-07-10, 01:55 AM
Rogue/Thief-Acrobat for a Cat Burglar.
Beguiler to play Cheshire Cat.
Fighter/Lasher to be a...Cat-O-Nine-Tails.

Yael
2013-07-10, 04:27 AM
Go Fortune's Friend for the ''Bad Luck Black Cat''-like picture~~

The Swashbuckler/Rogue seems pretty cool for the Puss-in-Boots idea~~ I would use it (if you don't mind, Nettlekid).

Darth Stabber
2013-07-10, 04:40 AM
I have brought this up before in other threads, but this is another good place for it.

Step 1: Be a tibbit psion
Step 2: Find a vagrant
Step 3: Convince said vargrant that he is a sorcerer.
Step 4: Manifest a power each time the vagrant waves his hands and screams gobbledygook.
Step 5: Lead the vagrant to fight your greatest foe.
Step 6: Should the vagrant die in the attempt, run away and go back to step 2.
Step 7: Should you succeed go back to step 5.

Yael
2013-07-10, 04:55 AM
Step 2: Find a vagrant
Step 3: Convince said vargrant that he is a sorcerer.
Step 4: Manifest a power each time the vagrant waves his hands and screams gobbledygook.
Step 5: Lead the vagrant to fight your greatest foe.
Step 6: Should the vagrant die in the attempt, run away and go back to step 2.

OMG!!
Thanks!!
I love you (not literally) for this godlike idea *q*

Gotta apply it :P

Edit: I got so excited that I forgot to ask if it is possible to manifest while a cat D:

123456789blaaa
2013-07-10, 05:09 AM
Tibbit psionic rogue works quite well.

And for low levels/E6 we have this creative build:

There was a really cool e6 build created by the poster Kazyan on gitp. I haven't asked him but I'm 99% sure he wouldn't mind it being posted here.

"Looking through everything uncovered a weird trick. I doubt I can it it into any future competition without it being obvious that it's me, so I'll present it here:

A Tibbit's cat form doesn't lower Strength directly, but instead applies a -8 penalty. A Chaotic Evil Soulborn ignores all strength penalties from level 2 onward. Also, Thunderstep Boots will apply to the cat's bite and claws, if you get Pounce from somewhere. It's not totally optimized, but the race and class go surprisingly well together. CE Tibbit Soulborn 4/Warshaper 2 with Don't Mind Me, SS (Sphinx Claws), Open Least Chakra (Feet) and Open Least Chakra (Hands) is a perfectly cromulent E6 build, and that's awesome considering Soulborn. For bonus hilarity, your carrying capacity goes up when you turn into a cat."

Also, Don't Mind Me is from the Fabulous cats! (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c) april fools article on the wizards website.

Wings of Peace
2013-07-10, 05:10 AM
Tibbit Psychic Rogue wielding a dagger in it's tail.

Darth Stabber
2013-07-10, 05:12 AM
OMG!!
Thanks!!
I love you (not literally) for this godlike idea *q*

Gotta apply it :P

Edit: I got so excited that I forgot to ask if it is possible to manifest while a cat D:

Absolutely, psionic's lack of verbal and somatic components means no problem with altered forms what so ever.

123456789blaaa
2013-07-10, 05:20 AM
Tibbit Psychic Rogue wielding a dagger in it's tail.

You'll need the prehensile tail feat for that.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-10, 05:33 AM
Tibbit psionic rogue works quite well.

And for low levels/E6 we have this creative build:

Building on that, CE Tibbit Soulborn 2/Hit and run Fighter 1/Swordsage 1/Warblade 2/Bloodclaw Master 5/Warshaper 5/<something> 4

Pick up Weapon Finesse, Underfoot Combat, Confound the Big Folk, and Shadow Blade. You enter your enemies' squares, making them flatfooted. You then get twice your Dexterity bonus to damage in addition to your Strength, which not only doesn't get the penalty but also gets a +4-6 bonus. You can grow more claws than you have limbs and are just generally a fuzzy little ball of hate and fury.

Wings of Peace
2013-07-10, 05:36 AM
You'll need the prehensile tail feat for that.

You can qualify for it via the feat Shape Soulmeld (Dragon Tail).

Teacup
2013-07-10, 08:03 AM
Don't forget that Tibbits qualify for Feline feats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c).

Pick up Flop, Improved Flop, Interspecies Grace, and Writhe. Calmly wade into the middle of combat, cutely plop down onto the ground, and smile as enemies stand mesmerized, or even try to come and pet you.

Another fun one: take Don't Mind Me and Twining Trip for easy tripping with dex vs dex. Great synergy with improved trip, underfoot combatant, etc. That has a nice visual for those who have seen someone trip over a cat. Only this one is deadly with it.

SamsDisciple
2013-07-10, 08:18 AM
Step 2: Find (Korg the Magical)
Step 3: Convince (Korg the Magical) that he is a sorcerer.
Step 4: Manifest a power each time (Korg the Magical) waves his hands and screams gobbledygook.
Step 5: Lead (Korg the Magical) to fight your greatest foe.
Step 6: Should (Korg the Magical) die in the attempt, run away and go back to step 2.

I wish I had a link to the thread where they come up with Korg the magical but a psion tibbit would be an amazing "familiar" for Korg. For those who dont know of Korg it is a full Barbarian who is fully convinced that he is a full wizard and they created a full spellbook for him and what he does for it.

Teacup
2013-07-10, 08:55 AM
I wish I had a link to the thread where they come up with Korg the magical but a psion tibbit would be an amazing "familiar" for Korg. For those who dont know of Korg it is a full Barbarian who is fully convinced that he is a full wizard and they created a full spellbook for him and what he does for it.

Here you go. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195049)

CyberThread
2013-07-10, 02:23 PM
,_< psionics are evil...