PDA

View Full Version : Fiend of Possession Cohort

Snowbluff
2013-07-10, 09:06 AM
Let's face it, weapons are expensive. So how about a solution. How about getting a Fiend of Possession to be your weapon? With only a few LA, you can make a Cohort able to enter the PrC. This should work, right?

It's either this or going back to wielding morphed clubs that are actually shuriken.

AWiz_Abroad
2013-07-10, 09:09 AM
Instead, what about a Warlock/FoP that infested an armor suit named Garvis.

When combined with artificer Sony Tark, things could get crazy.

Snowbluff
2013-07-10, 09:15 AM
Instead, what about a Warlock/FoP that infested an armor suit named Garvis.

When combined with artificer Sony Tark, things could get crazy.

You would need the ruling that EB is capable of being progressed via Practiced Spellcaster. Bonus Points if it is construct armor.

You could do Dvati FoP's for an Armor + Weapon pairing.

I have a 3.X character who is a Synthesist wearing construct armor named Antonio Estarko. :smalltongue:

AWiz_Abroad
2013-07-10, 09:20 AM
Re: Practiced Spellcaster. . . I think the creator of Warlock thought PS applying would be equitable. . . however I can't find the reference.

Back to the OP though, FoP is a fun class to have a cohort with, but kinda hard to get a cohort that qualifies unless you get to build your cohort (as a DM, I listen to what the players want from a cohort, but I don't let them build, instead I do so, and give them 4 to select from. After the cohort is recruited, the player can make the level up/gear decisions.)

Humble Master
2013-07-10, 09:21 AM
I don't know what would keep you from having a Fiend of Possession as a cohort.

Also, what is FoP?

galan
2013-07-10, 09:25 AM
I don't know what would keep you from having a Fiend of Possession as a cohort.

Also, what is FoP?

Fiend of Possession :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2013-07-10, 09:38 AM
Re: Practiced Spellcaster. . . I think the creator of Warlock thought PS applying would be equitable. . . however I can't find the reference.

Check my sig.

Also, what is FoP?

Requires 5 base will, Outsider (evil), and some easy skill ranks, and at level 2 it can possess items and give them enhancement properties based on its class level. It's 6 levels long, but you can bump that up with uncanny trickster. :smallwink:

nedz
2013-07-10, 09:51 AM
Dial a Bane TM is the obvious trick.
"What are we fighting ? OK — Bane of X coming up."
Others:
"You're about to charge — Valoureous it is then"
"You need AC — Defender I am"
It is just a standard action to change this, IIRC.

To get around your cohort issues: Make the PC the FoP and have the Cohort as the wielder.

Mindbender is the obvious dip — just so you know what's going on. But does that work from the Ethereal ?

Snowbluff
2013-07-10, 10:00 AM
To get around your cohort issues: Make the PC the FoP and have the Cohort as the wielder. This could work, but I think it would be best if the wielder is pretty strong as well.

Mindbender is the obvious dip — just so you know what's going on. But does that work from the Ethereal ?

Probably, but when you are possessing something, you are not ethereal, so it should work then.

Vaz
2013-07-10, 10:56 AM
Dvati Ardent with Fission and White Raven Tactics?