PDA

View Full Version : Possible Settlement on Gate Theory: Shojo vs. Blackwing

Lophotrochozoan
2013-07-10, 09:54 AM
Hi all, forgive me if this has been suggested before as I am relatively new to these forums. I noticed there was some discussion on whether Shojo's version of how the world was created as a means to prevent a god-killing monstrosity was consistent with Blackwing witnessing a world being formed(or already formed) in the rift.

It seems that some individuals think this may be the result of Shojo being lied to by the God's/Soon or Shojo deceiving the party.

I am not entirely sure that is the case and feel it would be inconsistent with the nature of a goodly person/god(for a number of reasons and I don't want this to be an alignment discussion) or the story but that is not the point.

Spoiler/Theory Below
First, let us assume that all parties told their side of the Snarl story as honestly could(Whomever Soon got the info about the beginning of the world and the Snarl did not lie. Then Soon told the real events of his life to the next commander and then Shojo relayed them to the Order. The secret lore of the Sapphire Guard was thought, as far as all parties knew, to be true).

If this is true, we need to resolve the issue of how a god-killing monstrosity turned itself into a planet. This is honestly not that hard to do as the Snarl is literally a snarl of threads of creation. We need some force to parse out the Snarl, or provide guidance to the Snarl, that will allow it to resolve itself into a world.

Luckily, we already have a possible mentor to the Snarl that could provide guidance to allow it to resolve itself. Kragnor was supposedly killed when the Gate was sealed by the Soon's group. It is possible that when Kragnor fell into the rift, and the gate was sealed, he managed to survive for whatever reason(Maybe the Snarl only attacked the fringes of the prison and not what was inside of the prison, Kragnor was a Chaotic Barbarian who somehow empathized with the Chaotic Snarl and formed some mechanism for communication, Kragnor slowly but surely manipulated the Snarl's strings to form a world and the Snarl did not notice etc.) All of those reasons are a little weak but hey, maybe.

Perhaps there was another mentor that could have guided the Snarl into a natural form of Creation that got into the rifts before Soon's group sealed the rifts. Regardless, I feel like the Snarl existing in the past, and the world existing now, are not irreconcilable.

Frankly, I feel like we have not seen the last of Kragnor. It would be interesting to see him as an architect for the new world.