PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] Seaside

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shadowcaller
2013-07-10, 12:55 PM
Seaside

What is this place? Seaside is exactly what it sounds like, a sea.

Isn't there already a sea in Outside? There is an archipelago outside the cost of outside but Seaside is the ocean outside that coast.

So how can I get here? Seaside is actually more connected to the rest of the nexus than one might think. From the ocean you could reach HALO, Inside, Outside, Riverside, Random Places, The Hunting Grounds and other locations you can justify being near the sea. There are boats going to every major island in the ocean so a PC can easily get to Seaside from any of those locations as well.

But what can I do here exactly? Seaside is made for sea-based plots take take place under or on the sea. Riding pirates and vikings, giant sea monsters, sunken cities, great reefs, eldritch monsters, underwater exploration, volcano islands with cannibalistic tribes and epic battles both under, on and/or above water.

Seaside is a vast ocean which links many of the major cities within the Nexus as nearly all rivers eventually end up here somehow. You can probably find a lot of the garbage and filth from the cities washed out here near the coast. But the majority of the ocean is clean, far from the city centers of inside and riverside.

Seaside have it's own cities instead both above and underneath water populated by all manners of underwater creatures who can't live above land or too far away from the water. Here you also find sailors, pirates, submarine crews, vikings and other air breathers that are associated with the sea.
The environment these people live in can be from tropical coral reefs and sharks to frozen seas and ice bears. Anyone can feel free to make up what exactly exist in Seaside as long it's primarly connected to the sea, for more land bound adventurers there is Outside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289592) and if it doesn't fit there either Random Locations (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268687) might be what you're looking for.

Locations in Seaside

Isle of Crab
This floating island have recently risen from the very depths of Seaside and is completely inhabited by various species of crabs, some of them perhaps related to the crabs in Outside?

Shallowwater
On the coast of a more arctic region, a small village lies near the water. It is little more than a collection of small igloos. They all face toward an area where water has collected on top of the ice, creating a shallow pool.

The inhabitants of this village are a number of selkies; people with mostly human-like upper bodies wile the rest of them resemble sea lions. They live here in a simple hunter-gatherer society.

If you want a location added to Seaside, just PM me and it will be added to the list. More locations will be added as more characters end up here.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-10, 03:03 PM
Isle of Crab

A new island have recently risen in the middle of the sea of Seaside.

Having only been on the surface for a few days this island is still filled with with great pools of water and sea life which still somehow thrives despite the recent change of longitude. The ones that haven't managed to adapt makes food for those who have plus an army of seagulls who decided to make the new island their personal toilet, as if the stinking cadavers weren't bad enough.

But all that isn't really interesting, why would a bunch of stinking corpses want anyone to come here? No, what's interesting is the rusty submarine stuck in the middle of the island as from here a nexus-wide radio transmission is sent:

Help!
We are under attack and have nowhere else to escape. Please people of the above, we have heard there are great heroes among you and we need them right now or we will all be turned to slaves!

Our coordinates are [Isle of Crab's coordinates]. Please come as soon as possible, we will try to repay you by whatever means possible.
-The Crillians

Morty
2013-07-11, 08:48 AM
[Shore, Away from Isle of Crab]

Thariza the Charr soldier from HALO is waiting there for one more HALO member, sitting on the sand by a boat.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 08:55 AM
Shore

The air shimmers for a moment, and then with a sharp crack! Lexington appears nearby. He looks about for a moment.
"There you are. Hiya, Thariza. I'm not late, am I?"

Morty
2013-07-11, 09:01 AM
[Shore]

"No," Thariza says. For the record, she's a tall, cat-like humanoid (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr) with dark grey fur, short snout and curved, black horns. She's wearing heavy mail and has a shield strapped to her back as well as a heavy mace and a wooden rod at her belt.

"But I think it's some distance to that island, so we better get going. Can you operate a boat?"

The vessel appears to be a rather simple boat with a single sail and a pair of oars as back-up.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 09:06 AM
Shore

Lex is a seven-plus-foot-tall allosaurus-like reptile. He's currently just wearing a wrist computer, because not even Nexus logic can make a dinosaur look good in pants.
"Uh, I'm sort of from a desert planet and that's definitely not made for non-humanoids. I can 'port is there if you don't mind not having a backup escape route, else I'll just have to squeeze in."

Morty
2013-07-11, 09:15 AM
[Shore]

"We can both fit on the boat," Thariza says. "I'd rather have a way out if they somehow block your magic."

With that, she hops into the boat and takes a seat by the rudder.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 09:26 AM
Shore

"Understood. I should be able to take the oars if things get bad."
And with that he finds a place to sit in the boat and does so. He isn't bothered by the boat's rocking.

Morty
2013-07-11, 09:39 AM
[Shore ==> Island of Crab]

Thariza pushes the boat off the shore and directs it towards the island. The wind is favourable and the vessel heads straight to its destination.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-11, 11:07 AM
Open Seas==>Isle of Crab

With a good wind it shouldn't take too long until the can see the Isle of Crab in the distance, looking very much like a coral reef that have been forced to the surface.

But as the boat is closing in the tiny crew might note three shadowy figures tailing it, swimming just underneath it. It's hard to make out what they are, but they are easily as large as grey reef sharks. They make no move to come up to the boat or stop them. If the two doesn't notice, or care about them, they will eventually descend, disappearing into the depth.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 11:26 AM
Open Sea - Isle of Crab

Lex didn't notice the shapes during the trip, having been focusing his attention ahead of them when not doing his own thing.

Morty
2013-07-11, 11:31 AM
[Island of Crab]

Thariza does notice the shapes, but there's little they can do about them until they reach the island. Still, since Lex doesn't seem to have noticed, it's best if she warns him.

"Watch out. Something underwater is following us," she tells her companion.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 11:42 AM
Island of Crab

Lex shakes himself out of his meditation.
"Noted."
He pauses for a moment, then looks over the side at the shapes.
"You're not being very stealthy, you know. Can I help you?" he says mockingly in Speech.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-11, 01:47 PM
[Island of Crab]

As Lex talk to the shapes they suddenly stop, it almost looks like they look at each other before one of them swims closer, trying to keep up with the boat. The surface breaks and the head of a finned humanoid appears. He is covered in green scales with two prominent yellow eyes and blue lips.

"What are you doing here?" He asks as the gills at the side of his head seems to be trying to adapt to their new surroundings. "It's... dangerous. You should go away, go home."

Morty
2013-07-11, 01:54 PM
[Island of Crab]

"We've been called here to help," Thariza says dryly. "And we're no strangers to danger."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 01:58 PM
Island of Crab

"Essentially. Unless the distress call was suddenly a lie we're not going to back away now."
He shakes his head to emphasize the point.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-11, 03:36 PM
[Isle of Crab]

The merperson looks between the two. "There were no distress calls from here and if they were, it's probably just a trap. This island is dangerous, it's no place for you abovers."

Morty
2013-07-11, 03:39 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"Look, we know what we received and we can handle ourselves. Don't worry about us," Thariza says.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 03:44 PM
Island of Crab

Lex nods. "Trust me, I've walked out alive from traps laid by entities much more cunning and powerful likely to be here."
True, he had more backup at the time than one soldier, but he needn't say that.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-11, 04:02 PM
[Isle of Crab]

The merman turns to look at Lex with concern. "Really." Is all he says before he submerges again, quickly disappearing entirely out of sight.

By now they seem to have managed to reach the shore of this strange island. From what they can see it's not too different from your everyday island. It's just that it lacks sand, ground and anything you associate with land. Besides rocks of course, there is a lot of rocks and coral large as trees in a myriad of colors.

There are also pools of water everywhere with all sort of sea life living in them, they should really be careful to not on step on something poisonous. It looks like half of the ground might actually be alive and moving. But this island is really dominated by one thing, crabs. There are little critters of all colors and sizes scuttering around in and out of holes and down into one of the water pools again.

Most of the crabs however are busy fighting over the sea life that didn't manage the transition from the depths such as a large flat fish of some kind. Their opponents are mainly other crabs and a swarm of seagulls whose excrement litters the strange landscape.

As the boat reaches land some of these winged marauders take flight but others are simply too invested in their meals to care. The crabs don't seem to mind after all.

Morty
2013-07-11, 04:05 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"What a charming locale," Thariza says sarcastically as she gets off the boat. She takes her shield off her back and straps it to her left arm. "Well, I suppose we need to find the people who sent the distress signal."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 04:15 PM
Isle of Crab

"Yep. Best be careful. They could be right, after all."
Lex's Temporal Claudication appears in the air, from which he removes a blocky sub-machine gun. He'll take the lead moving out if Thariza doesn't move to.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-11, 04:39 PM
Isle of Crab

They might need some good foot protection if they want to tread upon this ground without walking upon something spiky and poisonous. Otherwise they probably have to walk really slowly across the island. Probably need some hand protection as well as they need to get up a steep cliff first.

Some of the seagulls don't take kindly on the two intruders and fly over, screeching warningly at Lex and Thariza.

Morty
2013-07-11, 04:50 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"Bloody birds..." Thariza gripes. She has armour on her hands and feet, so spikes and steep cliffs won't be a problem.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 05:17 PM
Isle of Crabs

With a sigh Lex reaches into his Claudication again and pulls out his Ground-Based-Hazard tools, which is just a pair if metal sandals fitted for him.
"You think I should get a full set of armor? I've never had one before, but I'm starting to feel like I should."
He has a spell for walking up vertical surfaces, so that won't be a problem.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-11, 05:36 PM
Isle of Crabs

If they manage to get up the steep cliff they can a ancient submarine in the distance, sitting roughly in the middle of this strange island which they now can see is fairly large. It's just nearly perfectly flat so they can see a great distance. There aren't any real hills anywhere, just large corrals and huge piles of rotting seaweed which blocks their sight radius.

Morty
2013-07-11, 05:41 PM
[Isle of Crabs]

"I can't see why not. Of course, I've been wearing armour ever since I stopped growing," Thariza says as they climb. When they reach the top and see the submarine, she puts her hand over her eyes to see better.

"Hmm. A submarine. It might be the source of the distress signal. We need to go examine it. This island is weird... it's like someone just suddenly lifted a piece of the seabed."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-11, 05:45 PM
Isle of Crab

Lex peers out at the sub.
"Hm. Maybe the whole island is a giant sea critter that's randomly surfaced for the purpose of feeding. " he sounds serious about that.
"we'd best get over there I suppose."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-11, 06:16 PM
Isle of Crab

There is always the risk of wading through piles of foul-smelling seaweed on their way there but otherwise there really isn't anything stopping them. As they get closer it appears like the island isn't as flat as they might have originally thought. Right behind the submarine is actually a hill made of stone with small caverns in it who are too close to each other to be neutral.

And there are movements around the submarine, but not of anything even resembling humans. It appears to be a whole colony of hermit-crabs the size of humans moving about around the submarine. It appears like they're trying to build a small wall out of stone around the submarine. The two might also note a giant white sign reading "HEROES WELCOME" in the middle of the village.

Morty
2013-07-12, 06:56 AM
[Isle of Crabs]

"Looks like were were called here by a tribe of crabs," Thariza says. "The wonders never cease. Let's see what they need from us." With that, she resumes walking towards the submarine.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 07:09 AM
Isle of Crab

Lex nods and sets forth beside Thariza. When they get close enough he waves to the crabs, so they don't freak out about the armed folks walking towards them.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 09:11 AM
Isle of Crab

The crabs don't seem freaked out at all, once Lex and Thariza reveal themselves they start to gather around them, all klicking their pincers happily at their arrival. There are crabs of all sizes here, presumably adults and children. But there are also some truly old-looking crabs which actually have white beards.

One of these crabs approach them as the rest forms a ring around them, all looking curiously at the newly arrived heroes with their black eyes.

The bearded crab motions towards the old submarine, it appears as if it likes them to enter it.

[Turtle Transport]

Demon queen, the crab and their shelled transport moves with surprising speed towards the crabs home when a group of figures suddenly raises from the water in front of them. They appear to be finned humanoids with green scales covering their entire body and yellow eyes. They are all carrying sharp-looking spears made of some sort of white bone and nets which they brandishes at the turtle who have to stop.

Meanwhile another merman have swum to the side and throws a spear aimed at the crab carrying the reins of the turtle. This all just takes a few seconds.

Morty
2013-07-12, 09:13 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"Hello, uh, crabs," Thariza says. "We followed a distress signal here. Did you send it?"

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 09:25 AM
Isle of Crab

Lex, despite being able to use True-Speech (and still does since no one ever told him that the Nexus translates anyway) can't understand everything he hears, so the clicks are lost to him. He can only hope the crabs understand Thariza and can at least nod.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 09:30 AM
Isle of Crab

The crabs doesn't reply in any way Lex or Thariza understands, they just klicks their pincers some more and seem to dance happily on their many legs at the arrival of the heroes. Two smaller crabs even approach them with two rings made entirely of dead seaweed which they attempt to hang around the two's necks.

The elder crab still motions them to follow it inside the submarine with it's larger claw though. It appears like it wants to show them something.

Morty
2013-07-12, 09:32 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"This is going to be difficult," Thariza says. "Oh, well. Let's head inside and see what they want from us." She'll try to gently turn down the ring.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 09:57 AM
Isle of Crab

Lex does his best to pantomime "I have allergies" to the kid-crabs. What? It's what he thought of. Anyway, he'll try to get past the crowd with Thariza to the sub.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 10:37 AM
[Isle of Crab]

The two avoid the crabs and follow the elder into the submarine that is surprisingly intact for such a rusty exterior. The entrance is wide but not very tall so they might have to lower their heads a bit to enter. The elder leads them through a corridor that eventually ends up in a bunker where presumably the crew slept judging by the empty hammocks.

The interior is not nearly as rusted as the exterior, looking completely untouched by the sea strangely enough. Adding more to that impression is that the next room they enter appears to have an old but workable computer in it. The screen is black but there is green text, some sort of communication software.

Inside the room more elders are waiting, a pair of them using old diver helmets (http://www.robinsdocksideshop.com/DiversHelmet_8in_co5256.jpg) as hats. They greet the two by waving their claws. The elder who lead them there then turns to the keyboard of the computer and starts typing.

GREETINGS HEROES! They can read from the screen. WE KNEW SOMEONE WOULD COME TO HELP US! WE'RE SO GRATEFUL THAT YOU'RE HERE!

Morty
2013-07-12, 10:45 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"Just doing our job," Thariza says. "What is it that you need our help with?"

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 10:47 AM
Isle of Crab

We were confronted by a few fellows on the way here. Anything to do with them?

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 12:26 PM
[Isle of Crab]

LET ME EXPLAIN. The elder starts typing.

A FEW MONTHS AGO OUR TRIBE WERE ATTACKED BY A GROUP OF GALLS. THEY WERE PROBABLY THE ONES THAT CONFRONTED YOU EARLIER. THEY KILLED OUR WARRIORS AND TRIED TO STEAL OUR EGGS. THINGS GOT SO BAD WE WERE FORCED TO SUBMERGE OUR HOME TO THE SURFACE IN HOPES OF ESCAPING THEM. WE THOUGHT WE DID UNTIL RECENTLY WERE THERE HAVE BEEN MORE SIGHTINGS OF THEM SO IT APPEARS AS THEY HAVE FOLLOWED US UP HERE AND NOW WE'RE OUT OF OPTIONS.

WE CAN'T ESCAPE LONGER WE MUST SPREAD OURSELVES THIN TO DEFEND ALL OUR EGG CLUTCHES. SO WE SUSPECT THE NEXT NIGHT MIGHT BE OUR LAST, WE SIMPLY CAN'T DEFEND AGAINST THEIR ONSLAUGHT. The elder explains.

Morty
2013-07-12, 12:37 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"That would explain why they were trying to dissuade us from coming here," Thariza says. "I had my suspicions about them when they appeared. We'll do what we can to keep them away from your eggs."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 12:43 PM
Isle of Crab

"How far apart are your clutches? If they're close enough to your settlement I could probably set up a thin minefield around it while you continue fortification."
Oh, how convenient that Lex is a martial wizard.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 12:49 PM
Isle of Crab

The elder looks a bit confounded at Lex's question. WHAT IS A MINEFIELD? It slowly types with it's claw.

Morty
2013-07-12, 12:50 PM
[Isle of Crab]

Thariza stays silent, letting Lex explain.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 12:55 PM
Isle of Crab

Right. Crabs.
"It's what you get when you place a large number of traps over an area which explode when something steps in close proximity to them.
Mine are magic, so I could make them ignore your people."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 01:16 PM
Isle of Crab

The crabs look at each other and seem to communicate with each other mostly through some sort of body language. After a brief discussion the elder starts typing again. WE DON'T LIKE EXPLOSIVES NEAR THE EGGS OR ON THE ISLAND. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY?

Morty
2013-07-12, 01:46 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"I think they're right. Even if the mines do ignore the crabs, the explosions caused by the enemy when they walk onto them might still damage the eggs," Thariza says.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 01:49 PM
Isle of Crab

"Well, they wouldn't be real explosives. I have a spell that focuses the photonic and thermal energy from its surroundings. Basically it would just be a beam of heat and concentrated sunlight straight up. It wouldn't hit any eggs up there."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 02:14 PM
[Isle of Crab]

The crabs looks questioningly at each other and another brief exchange is made. MAYBE WE SHOULD SHOW YOU THE EGG CLUTCHES FIRST. WE ADMIT WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR MAGIC MUCH. It explains.

Morty
2013-07-12, 02:15 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"That's a good idea," Thariza says. "Show us the egg clutches and we'll think about how to protect them."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 02:51 PM
Isle of Crab

Lex nods; it's a good idea.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 03:27 PM
[Isle of Crab]

The elder nods and turns to the others who after a moment hands the elder a small blackboard with an chalk marker and an eraser. It then heads out, motioning them to follow it again.

If they do they will find that the colony have been waited for them and klicks their pincers once again in what could be a cheer. The elder motions to the rest of the village and eventually they return to their work, the elder guiding them away from the village.

The crab will show them a number of spots, small lakes where the crab eggs lay hidden. But the two see other things as well, some of the lakes and puddles on the island aren't lakes at all but dive holes, leading directly into the sea. They are all over the island and the elder will explain to them that they once were caves but once the island were transported here they now function as dive holes for the colony.

There are three crabs protecting each egg clutch but they are trained to chase away scavenging animals, not trained warriors.

Morty
2013-07-12, 03:31 PM
[Isle of Crab]

Thariza examines the terrain, rubbing her chin. There's no time to train or arm the crabs... this won't be easy.

"How often do the invaders come? When do you expect them to attack next?"

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 03:36 PM
Isle of Crab

Lex also has things he needs to know.
"Can you also tell us what their number are? Their armaments? Where they come from?"

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 04:37 PM
Isle of Crab

The crab elder can only write short sentences on the little blackboard but it's doing it's best to answer their questions one at the time. WE HAVE ONLY SEEN THEM CIRCLING THE ISLAND SO FAR.

THEY ONLY ATTACK DURING THE NIGHT. WE THINK THE NEXT NIGHT MIGHT BE IT.

THEIR NUMBERS ARE GREAT, WE HAVE KILLED A FEW BUT MORE ALWAYS RETURN. WE DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE FROM BUT THEY ARE.

WELL-ORGANIZED. NETS, SPEARS, MAGIC, ALL MANNER OF BEASTS SERVING THEIR WILL. ABOMINATIONS LIKE THE MANTARA.

BUT THEY KEEP THEMSELVES TO THE SEA, IT'S SAFER ON LAND NOW.

Morty
2013-07-12, 04:50 PM
[Isle of Crab]

Thariza's tail flicks. This isn't looking good.

"I see. And what weapons do you use to fend them off?"

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 04:52 PM
Isle of Crab

"It's still a decent enough walk from the shore to your sub. They will have to get upon land to reach, yes?"

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 05:29 PM
[Isle of Crab]

WE HAVE MAGIC OF OUR OWN THAT WE USE TO FEND THEM AWAY WITH. The elder explains. AND WE HAVE THE GREAT BOAT AS WELL WHICH WE CAN DEFEND IN.

OUR WARRIORS CAN FEND ON THEIR OWN. BUT OTHERWISE NOT MUCH ELSE.

THEY COULD COME THROUGH THE DIVE HOLES AND LAKES I THINK AND THEY ARE ALL OVER OUR HOME.

Morty
2013-07-12, 05:34 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"Right. That means we need to block out the lakes and dive holes, at least those near your eggs and ship. Then, we need to fill their possible routes of attack with traps," Thariza declares. "Magical, normal, whatever we can come up with. We have time to prepare and lots of ground, so we can make sure they take heavy casualties while approaching."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-12, 05:38 PM
Isle of Crab

"I can move the stone around the holes to cover them up. Maybe a few walls around the lakes, but I can't block big stuff like those."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-12, 07:57 PM
[Isle of Crab]

WE MIGHT NOT HAVE MUCH TIME. WALLS AND TRAPS TAKE TIME TO MAKE. DO YOU THINK WE CAN MAKE IT? The elder asks.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-12, 10:10 PM
[Turtle Transport]

Demon queen, the crab and their shelled transport moves with surprising speed towards the crabs home when a group of figures suddenly raises from the water in front of them. They appear to be finned humanoids with green scales covering their entire body and yellow eyes. They are all carrying sharp-looking spears made of some sort of white bone and nets which they brandishes at the turtle who have to stop.

Meanwhile another merman have swum to the side and throws a spear aimed at the crab carrying the reins of the turtle. This all just takes a few seconds.

The net flying at the crab may find itself suddenly caught hovering in midair. Demon Queen is extending an arm towards it, trying to use her telekinetic powers to hold it. Her red eyes scan the mermen around them.

So...these the people attacking your home?

Morty
2013-07-13, 08:48 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"If we work quickly and efficiently, we have a chance," Thariza says. "I doubt we have a chance at pushing them back without preparation, so we need to try."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-13, 02:08 PM
Isle of Crab

Lex scoffs a bit, and takes a few steps toward the nearest dive hole. He barks a syllable and flicks his tail as his foot stamps the ground, and a small slab of stone shifts from the ground to cover it in seconds.
"When your whole world's a desert people appreciate when you can move stone. I'm fast. And I can move it back later if you need me to."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-13, 02:44 PM
[Turtle Transport]

It's a spear actually and the crab nods without taking it's black eyes of it, hovering in the air not too far away from it's intended target. The mermen looks increasingly cautious at this development, the thrower of the spear instantly diving back into the sea as quickly as she appeared.

The rest of them aren't as quick to retreat however so if Demon Queen wants anything with them, she probably have to do something right now.

[Isle of Crab]

WE PUT ALL OUR TRUST INTO YOUR ABILITIES HEROES. WE CAN'T FIGHT THIS WAR ON OUR OWN. The crab elder replies.

Morty
2013-07-13, 02:47 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"And we'll do our best to protect you from those raiders. Now let's get to work," Thariza says with a nod.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-13, 03:22 PM
Turtle Transport

Not knowing the specifics of the situation yet, she doesn't want to try to intimidate the merfolk just yet. Even if the demon in her does.

However, before the rest of them leave, Demon Queen will make a slight motion with her hand, trying to snap the spear in half with her powers. Whether it snaps or not, she'll float over to herself so she can hang on to it.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-13, 04:26 PM
Isle of Crab

Lex nods and starts sealing off more holes. He also lays a few mines, which just requires about ten seconds of wizard-chanting and claw/tail wiggling and then peeling off the jumble of letters that appear on his wrist-computer's screen. The little pink-purple rectangle is then dropped on the ground, and will slowly fade to a less noticeable color. As promised, they're programmed to exclude crabs, Charr, and Caelusaur. They shouldn't be set off by any normal animals, either.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-14, 03:33 AM
[Isle of Crab]

Most of the crabs try to avoid Lex and Thariza as they work, showing little sign of understanding what they do at all, instead they continue to build the wall around their submarine, leaving the defense of the egg clutches to the two heroes. The only ones that even dare to stand near as the mines start to deploy are the egg defenders who still avoid going anywhere near the mines despite Lex's promises.

Turtle Transport

The spear snaps in half, not being of any extremely sturdy material and Demon Queen can easily float over to it. The other mermen aren't retreating so easily however.

One of them lowers his spear and speaks up. "We don't wish any conflict with the land-born. Our business is with the crab. Why are you here?" He asks as his companions eyes Demon Queen nervously.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-14, 07:14 AM
Turtle Transport

Demon Queen gestures towards her crabby host.

He had a sign saying his people were under attack, and I said I'd help.

So, why are you attacking the crabs?

Morty
2013-07-14, 10:39 AM
[Isle of Crab]

Thariza will try to enlist the crabs' aid in building some simple traps. First, all routes to the submarine and the egg clutches will be laid out with jagged pieces of coral hidden under seaweed. She figures that they'll be particularly effective against creatures that slither around on an entire half of their body.

Furthermore, she'll try to get the crabs to help her compliment the walls with barricades from piled-up driftwood. If they can funnel the attackers into choke-points, so much the better.

After the barricades are finished, she'll try to select big pieces of rock and wood that look like they might tumble well, and place them on top of the walls and barricades to be pushed onto the attacking merfolk.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-14, 02:23 PM
Turtle Transport

"We need their eggs and they wouldn't sell them." The merman replies. "It's not like we're going to take all of them, just need a couple of dozen eggs but they really can't see reason. Can you?" He asks her.

[Orca Island]

Michicora stands by the cliffs looking down at the sea below. It felt like she had been watching it for hours and judging how differently the sun was standing since she started, she might just have.

But patience was a virtue for a hunter and she knew it would be the only way to get the pelt of the rainbow lion seal she knew visited these shores from time to time.

Halae
2013-07-14, 02:39 PM
[Orca Island]

If she's willing to wait another twenty minutes, her patience bears fruit, as the lion seal comes up out of the water onto the shore, going to find a place to sun itself and rest. It'll find a nice large rock and lay down there for a rest, the sun beating down from above to warm it.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-14, 02:53 PM
[Orca Island]

Finally.

The moon elf have had an arrow ready for the beast for a long time, her eyes transfixed upon it she slowly raises the crossbow. Usually bows were preferable to crossbows when it came to hunting but according to the stories she had heard the rainbow lion seal skin was like plate armor so she needed to pierce it. But crossbows took much longer time to reload so she only had one shoot here.

Aiming carefully, letting all the worry and stress fade away, she finally takes the shoot, aiming at the creature's throat.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-14, 02:55 PM
Isle if Crab

Lex will go off to do his own thing, blocking holes and rising slabs around the lakes. The angles should make them hard to climb and easy targets if they get over.
As promised, he makes a minefield, although it's somewhat thin due to how many spots he needs to protect.
He will however, draw the crabs a map since he can tell they feel insecure about them.

Halae
2013-07-14, 03:13 PM
[Orca Island]

At the sound of the crossbow firing, the Seal's body tenses visibly, as it disturbs the peace of the day and the sound of ocean waves, but it has no way to get out of the way before the bolt strikes it, digging deeply into its throat blubber, before a large stream of blood begins spraying forth.

It seems Michicora managed to catch an artery. It's begun panicked throes, but with the amount of blood it's losing, it'll be dead in a minute, two at most.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-14, 03:35 PM
[Isle of Crab]

The crabs appreciate the maps very much (or so the elder will write to you) even if their claws aren't very good at holding them. They are willing to work very hard with the walls and whatever other tasks the two assign to them. It turns out the crabs have a number of smaller claws which are much better at detail work than their primary claws are, those are mostly for combat and communication apparently.

At first a great deal of crabs of all sizes help along with the defenses, but as the day passes the little ones eventually have to be taken back to the village, leaving only you and the adult crabs to finish with the projects.

Then finally the sun starts to set and darkness quickly creeps over the island, causing even the older crabs to get anxious. The elder crab approaches you again. WHAT NOW? It writes. THE ENEMY WILL SOON BE UPON US. DO YOU HAVE ANY STRATEGY? WE HAVE A FEW WARRIORS. He points at a couple of larger crabs which followed him from the village.

[Orca Island]

The hunter takes a deep breath. She managed to do it.

Putting back the crossbow on her back she get's her knife and slowly approaches the beast. Now she had to perform a quick ritual to honor the prey's soul and guide it to the afterlife. She had to make sure not even bit of it's body was wasted, doing so would be a great dishonor to it and she really wanted to avoid that. Such a beast surely had a mighty spirit that would require appeasement.

Once the lion seal finally dies she will kneel before it's body and take up her knife, making a small cut in her finger to sacrifice a small portion of her own blood to the lion seals spirit. "Selasnya Sarotk (I honor thee)." She states while looking the beast into it's dead eyes.

Gullara
2013-07-14, 04:15 PM
[Orca Island]

While Michicora works, there are a few shapes moving under the water's surface. While they're far out at first, they steadily move closer. Before she has a chance to figure out what they might be, a voice comes from behind her.

"Do you understand what you've just done?" A large selkie stands there, propped up tall by his long spear. He's broad shouldered and muscular, though he's starting to show his age. The silver in his dark hair contrasts sharply with his brown skin. His hair is tied back in a complex braid with an interesting array of shells and beads tied artfully into it.

And he doesn't sound happy.

Morty
2013-07-14, 04:17 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"Position the warriors near the chokepoints in our defences," Thariza says. "Have them drop the rocks and coral pieces on the enemy as they approach. They'll fall back to the eggs if they're pushed back. There's no point in going on the offensive; we must simply hold our ground. We will reinforce you where it's needed."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-14, 04:19 PM
Isle of Crab

"If you have anyone capable of ranged attacks, try to hit them as they're climbing their ways out of the lakes or when they're near the mines so they step on them trying to dodge. If not, just sit tight."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-14, 04:19 PM
Turtle Transport

Demon Queen raises an eyebrow. I kinda see their side of it better than yours. I mean, put yourself in their position. You lay eggs that could become your children. Would you just sell them off?

Why do you need the eggs?

Shadowcaller
2013-07-14, 04:39 PM
Turtle Transport

"We don't claim to have the moral high ground here but orders are orders and we're far stronger than them. If they can't defend their eggs, they belong to us." He says with a shrug. "If you stand with them that makes you our enemy. Do you really want to be our enemy? Your allies are weak." He gestures at the crab who shakes it's claw at the merman.

The merman didn't even answer her question!

Isle of Crab

WE CAN THROW ROCKS. The elder suggests to Lex. BUT WE ARE BEST UP CLOSE. THE GALLS ARE AT DISADVANTAGE ABOVE WATER TOO.

ANYTHING ELSE? I FEAR THEY WILL COME SOON. OTHERWISE I WILL ORDER OUR WARRIORS TO DO AS YOU SAY.

[Orca Island]

The moon elves clothes (which pretty much only consist of a binding around her chest and a pair of breeches) are quite bloody by this point, as is her skin. She's standing in a fighting position though, wary of the approaching creatures.

The hunter lowers her sword as the Selkie talks to her however, they had a numerical advantage and were willing to talk so it would be unwise to initiate a fight with them. She seem unconcerned with his warning though. "I have hunted. It is my purpose. Will I be punished for it?" She asks calmly.

Morty
2013-07-14, 04:43 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"I have no more suggestions," Thariza says. "Fight ferociously and don't give them an inch."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-14, 05:11 PM
Turtle Transport

Demon Queen narrows her eyes at the merman. Buddy, you really don't wanna threaten me.

Now, again, why do you need the eggs?

Deathkeeper
2013-07-14, 05:20 PM
Isle of Crab

"Nothing on my end either."
Lex pulls what looks like a hunk of dried meat from his Claudication and pops it into his mouth. Making magic traps is hard work!

Gullara
2013-07-14, 08:03 PM
[Orca Island]

"That beast was sacred. The day the spirits decided it should die would be a great day for the hunter that felled it. But you struck it from afar with that contraption." He jabs his spear int he direction of her crossbow. "A coward's kill, and so a coward's punishment."

The selkies that were below the water emerge to cut her off from behind while another pair come from where the leader came from. They are all smaller and less impressive than the leader. Presumably they're a hunting party. Perhaps they were pursuing the same seal she killed.

Whether Michicora tries to flee or readies to fight might be of little consequence. The leader gestures toward her with his spear and shouts a few words in a language she doesn't recognize. Th next moment she might feel something strange happening to her.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-15, 07:28 AM
Turtle Transport

The merman shrugs again. "I do not know why the masters want them, nor do I care and neither should you. But it sounds like you already made up your mind about this. Keep in mind though, we can stay here forever, you can't." And with those words he dives into the sea, shortly followed by the others.

Isle of Crab

((Gonna wait with this scene for a while for Demon Queen.))

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-15, 08:09 AM
Turtle Transport

Demon Queen shakes her head a little as the mermen dive back under. There goes the quick solution. If they had just told her why the eggs were needed, she might've tried getting the crabs to compromise.

Oh well.

Demon Queen nods to her shelled guide. Guess we should keep going to your home, then.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-15, 11:19 AM
Turtle Transport==>Isle of Crab

The crab nods and the turtle starts to swim again, soon reaching the island.
Taking a route around it, Demon Queen can see a ship docked near the cliffs, looks like she isn't the only one that have arrived here.

Eventually as they round the island she can see a submarine at the middle of it with a number of figures working around it. The turtle reaches land and then reaches around with it's long neck to pluck the crab off it's shell and put it down on the ground.

The island seem to have been submerged for a long time, dead seaweed and sea creatures are mixed with sharp rocks and scavengers who eat the cadavers.

[Isle of Crab]

In the distance Lex and Thariza can see a turtle approaching. But the crabs are watching something else. Namely a strange phenomena in the skies.

[Isle of Crab - Everyone]

The clouds part and a beam of light can be seen coming through even though the sun now have completely set. It shines at what appears to be a platform floating just outside the coast of the island. Lex and Thariza can't recall ever seeing it before, it must be completely new.

Standing on the platform is a merman dressed in various golden ornaments.

"Land dwellers, you who have come to defend the inhabitants of this island. I, captain of the jagged shield wish to parley with you." His voice booms over the island.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-15, 03:40 PM
Isle Of Crab

Demon Queen levitates off of the turtle and, with some short hand motions, lowers herself onto the ground. Her red eyes take in the scene around her, and eventually lock on to the merman who wasn't there a moment ago.

After his message, Demon Queen shakes her head a little. Oh, sure, now they wanna talk.

Morty
2013-07-15, 03:59 PM
[Isle of Crab - Everyone]

"Oh yeah?!" Thariza shouts back. "If you want to surrender, sure, we accept! Take your cronies and get the hell out!"

Deathkeeper
2013-07-15, 04:02 PM
Isle of Crab

Lex gives Thariza a serious look.
"It's a wizard's duty to minimize bloodshed. And HALO's mission may be to defeat evil, but unnecessary slaughter is not the same.
Louder,
And how would you propose to conduct a parlay?"

Shadowcaller
2013-07-16, 09:11 PM
Isle of Crab

The merman is actually quite some distance away so he probably won't hear them unless they come over to the platform. Demon Queen is even further away, but she can still hear the merman speak, his voice probably enchanted somehow.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-16, 09:13 PM
Isle of Crab

Demon Queen will indeed walk over to the others, her hands in the pockets of her jeans as she goes. Might as well see who else got roped into this.

Morty
2013-07-17, 01:41 PM
[Isle of Crab]

In that case, Thariza will approach the platform, smelling a trap all the while.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-17, 01:51 PM
Isle of Crab

The same can be said of Lex.

Above the Ocean

Jace and Randii, still riding on Zebes (currently a large metallic dragon the size of a very large horse), fly lazily above the ocean waves, looking for anything that might catch their eye as something interesting.

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 11:24 AM
Luxury Beach

Reinholdt brings Civvy to the pristine sands of Luxury Beach! It's luxury because it's clean and I say so, that's why.

Mee
2013-07-18, 04:38 PM
Luxury Beach

Reinholdt brings Civvy to the pristine sands of Luxury Beach! It's luxury because it's clean and I say so, that's why.

Luxury Beach

"Wow! It's so clean and pristine and luxurious!" Civvy informs Rein, because he didn't already know. Nope nope.

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 04:45 PM
Luxury Beach

"Not all beaches are. But this one's not bad. Never worry about stepping on jellyfish here." Rein says as he takes a seat on the sand.

Mee
2013-07-18, 04:48 PM
Luxury Beach

"Not all beaches are. But this one's not bad. Never worry about stepping on jellyfish here." Rein says as he takes a seat on the sand.
Luxury Beach

"That's good." Civvy says, sitting down somewhere nearby.

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 04:56 PM
Luxury Beach

Reinholdt... waits! Possibly getting sleepy just listening to the ocean.

Mee
2013-07-18, 05:05 PM
Luxury Beach

Reinholdt... waits! Possibly getting sleepy just listening to the ocean.

Luxury Beach

Well, Civvy goes swimming. In full clothing again. Because why not.

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 05:09 PM
Luxury Beach

Because the clothes just got dry? =x

Reinholdt will call her back before the main event, provided there's no shark attacks in the meanwhile.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-18, 05:15 PM
Isle of Crab

The merman will greet all three of them with a bow. He is adorned with shells and skeletons from various dead sea creatures, his face painted with small black spots which you haven't seen among the other mermen. Raising both hands he shows that he's unarmed before he begins speaking. "Greetings topsiders. I understand you are defending these crabs which is against our interest. Perhaps we can make a deal that is beneficial for all of us however to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. What we want is their eggs and we are not going away until we get them. But you are all strong which means we would lose many soldiers while you are here. The question is, how long are you willing to stay with these crabs? Some days? Weeks? Months? Unlike you we can stay here as long as we want, the sea is our home after all. You have duties inland I'm sure however, duties more important than protecting a few crabs. So why don't we work something out, hm?"

Morty
2013-07-18, 05:18 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"We'll stay as long as it takes," Thariza says firmly. "Our duty is to protect the people who need it. And you can't stay here forever either. Only as long as you have enough soldiers willing to die for you. You're not going to get those crabs' eggs. If you have another proposal, we might consider it."

Mee
2013-07-18, 05:25 PM
Luxury Beach

Because the clothes just got dry? =x

Reinholdt will call her back before the main event, provided there's no shark attacks in the meanwhile.

Luxury Beach

Bah!

And she comes back quickly enough. But even just a small dip had been fun.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 05:25 PM
Isle of Crab

"Maybe you'd be able to pull off sounding reasonable if you actually explained why you need to steal unborn children." says Lex irritably.

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 05:36 PM
Luxury Beach

"I've been told you're not supposed to look directly into the sun." Reinholdt says as the sun starts to set over the water. "But if you don't, how will you see the heart of passion?"
Nothing's more passionate than the sun.

Mee
2013-07-18, 05:38 PM
Luxury Beach

"I've been told you're not supposed to look directly into the sun." Reinholdt says as the sun starts to set over the water. "But if you don't, how will you see the heart of passion?"
Nothing's more passionate than the sun.

Luxury Beach

"Go to New York?" Civvy offers, before fixing it to, "Wait, that's the heart of Rock and Roll.

Though this . . . this is pretty." She says, looking at the sun. Who needs working eyes?

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 05:46 PM
Luxury Beach

Reinholdt's actually immune to the ill effects of looking at the sun for REASONS. Sekrit reasons that go wayyyyyyy back and have yet to be discovered.

Not that Rein knows this himself.

"That it is. I have to pity people like Magtok, stuck inside on their computer all day, not sitting at beaches and enjoying sunsets. Glad I could show it to you." Or enjoying sunrises, depending on which way you're pointed.

Mee
2013-07-18, 05:47 PM
Luxury Beach

Reinholdt's actually immune to the ill effects of looking at the sun for REASONS. Sekrit reasons that go wayyyyyyy back and have yet to be discovered.

Not that Rein knows this himself.

"That it is. I have to pity people like Magtok, stuck inside on their computer all day, not sitting at beaches and enjoying sunsets. Glad I could show it to you." Or enjoying sunrises, depending on which way you're pointed.

Dat Beach

Ooooh. Sekrits.

"Mmmmhmm. Thank you very much. This is really nice." Civvy's still fairly awestruck by the shiny colors. And by fairly, I mean very.

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 05:49 PM
Dat Beach

"You're welcome." Rein will fall quiet and enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Maybe the sun is the red dot Rein can't catch?

Mee
2013-07-18, 05:56 PM
Dat Beach

"You're welcome." Rein will fall quiet and enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Maybe the sun is the red dot Rein can't catch?

The Pretty Beach

Civvy also falls quiet, just enjoying the companionship, being out of HALO, and the serene beauty of the scene.

Until she shatters it by asking "Does this count as a date?"

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 06:02 PM
The Pretty Beach

Reinholdt blinks a few times, trying to understand what just happened as the moment disappears.

"What?"

No. No, I think he failed his comprehension roll.

Mee
2013-07-18, 06:22 PM
The Pretty Beach

Reinholdt blinks a few times, trying to understand what just happened as the moment disappears.

"What?"

No. No, I think he failed his comprehension roll.

The Beach of Luxness

"Well, considering what just went on. I think it might be considered one, right?"

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 06:33 PM
The Beach of Luxness

"I don't... I mean.. I guess... but... uhhh..."
Reinholdt's more flustered than usual because he was just getting used to considering her... younger than that.
"Ummm... do you want it to be?"

Mee
2013-07-18, 06:56 PM
The Beach of Luxness

"I don't... I mean.. I guess... but... uhhh..."
Reinholdt's more flustered than usual because he was just getting used to considering her... younger than that.
"Ummm... do you want it to be?"

Snare + Hyperbeam?

"Sure! Might as well go on a date while I'm out and about anyway, right?"

Reinholdt
2013-07-18, 07:06 PM
There is no Snare

"Then I guess it's a date..." Reinholdt says, pulling his knees in.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-18, 08:48 PM
Above the Ocean

Jace and Randii, still riding on Zebes (currently a large metallic dragon the size of a very large horse), fly lazily above the ocean waves, looking for anything that might catch their eye as something interesting.

Above the Ocean

((I have a group of characters I haven't used in a while that I am kinda considering bringing back into the fold. Mind if I toss one of them into this thing we got going?))

Since Randii said it was their turn to pick, she offers no suggestions on what to do, and instead simply gazes out at their surroundings.

Isle of Crab

The merman will greet all three of them with a bow. He is adorned with shells and skeletons from various dead sea creatures, his face painted with small black spots which you haven't seen among the other mermen. Raising both hands he shows that he's unarmed before he begins speaking. "Greetings topsiders. I understand you are defending these crabs which is against our interest. Perhaps we can make a deal that is beneficial for all of us however to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. What we want is their eggs and we are not going away until we get them. But you are all strong which means we would lose many soldiers while you are here. The question is, how long are you willing to stay with these crabs? Some days? Weeks? Months? Unlike you we can stay here as long as we want, the sea is our home after all. You have duties inland I'm sure however, duties more important than protecting a few crabs. So why don't we work something out, hm?"

Isle of Crab

Demon Queen is still in a fairly relaxed pose, with her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

In all honesty, I don't have any duties on the mainland. No job, no family, no membership to one of them crazy groups. Nothing. Which means I have nothing better to do than stay here.

But, the important question is what he said, She nods towards Lex. Why do you need the eggs?

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 09:04 PM
Above the Ocean

(Sure, do that).
Jace stares out for the moment.
"I grew up in the middle of the continent. Seeing this much water at once was a really big deal when I came here the first time. And you know? It still is, sort of. Some things don't change much."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-18, 09:35 PM
Above the Ocean

Randii turns her head to look back at him as he speaks.

So, you from the Nexus, then? Or the middle of a continent in your reality?

((You know, I can't remember if they went over this subject or not already.))

Jace or Zebes may notice a figure down below. One that seems to be standing on the water. Depending on how well they can see, they might notice that he is over six feet tall, with longer dark hair, wearing a blue-gray shirt and pants.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 09:42 PM
Above the Ocean

Turned back? Isn't she behind him?
"Our homeworld. Thankfully we got grabbed here after we prevented an international war. So we can say we left it in better shape than we found it."
"Damn right. Kicked that demon's rear to the abyss and back. We had help, sure, but it still happened."
Zebes flies lower and waves at the water-walking fellow. Because if a shiny gold-copper dragon waving at you doesn't get your attention, what will?

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-18, 09:45 PM
Above the Ocean

Well, relatively speaking. She was looking at him when they started, then looked elsewhere, then turned back to him when he spoke.

Randii nods a little. Then she sees Zebes waving, looks down, and points to the figure. Hey, who's that guy?

The figure will look up and watch Zebes for a moment before returning the wave. He doesn't smile or anything. He just waves.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 09:50 PM
Above the Ocean

"Well, we're gonna find out, aren't we?"
Zebes circles lower until making splashdown enough distance away from the man that he won't get splashed. Zebes can't hover well with two riders' weight, you see. He swims over, tail waving through the water like a snake's.
"Afternoon. What're you doing in the middle of the ocean, if I may ask?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-18, 09:58 PM
Above On the Ocean

The man calmly waits for them to approach. A detailed-oriented person might note that, although he's walking on the ocean, not a single part of him seems to be wet. His face seems a little sunken.

Just talking a walk, I guess. You? His voice is a little low, and he talks a little slowly.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 10:04 PM
On the Ocean

"Just having a flight, which is sometimes a swim, with my familiar, who's working off four years of being carried on my shoulder." he leans forward to rub the dragon's neck affectionately, who reaches back to nudge Jace's shoulder with his nose in response. Their brotherly vibe has a tendency to show whenever they start making fun of eachother.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-18, 10:10 PM
On the Ocean

And I'm just kinda along for the ride.

The man nods a little. Was he stuck small for that time?

Deathkeeper
2013-07-18, 10:19 PM
On the Ocean

Jace tilts his head. "Well, yes and no-"
"I was born pretty small, but now I'm a full dragon and can be this size, so I was stuck small, but it was natural for me."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-18, 10:24 PM
On the Ocean

The man nods again. So you were just growing up, then. I understand.

Hey, uh...why aren't you wet at all?

He turns to Randii. Excuse me?

You're walking on water. We're a ways out from land. And you're dry. What gives?

Ah. He nods a little. That would because I control water, so I just decide that I won't get wet.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-19, 05:56 AM
On the Ocean

"Actually, no. I hit my maximum size at year one. I wasn't getting any bigger, but a while back I had my species changed. So now I'm a full dragon capable of growing.
But water control is cool! Where did you learn that? Or is it hereditary?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-19, 08:54 AM
On the Ocean

Species change? That is unusual.

The man shakes his head a little. Neither, actually. I have always had this power, and I do not have any genetics. I am a sort of elemental spirit. My name is Kelnon.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-19, 09:12 AM
On the Ocean

"Well, I was already a dragon. Maybe sub-species change? Oh, well. I'm Zebes. It's nice to meet you."
"Jace. Likewise."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-19, 11:42 AM
"We'll stay as long as it takes," Thariza says firmly. "Our duty is to protect the people who need it. And you can't stay here forever either. Only as long as you have enough soldiers willing to die for you. You're not going to get those crabs' eggs. If you have another proposal, we might consider it."

Isle of Crab

"Maybe you'd be able to pull off sounding reasonable if you [I]actually explained why you need to steal unborn children." says Lex irritably.

Isle of Crab

Demon Queen is still in a fairly relaxed pose, with her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

In all honesty, I don't have any duties on the mainland. No job, no family, no membership to one of them crazy groups. Nothing. Which means I have nothing better to do than stay here.

But, the important question is what he said, She nods towards Lex. Why do you need the eggs?

Isle of Crab

The merman frowns. "Let me be clear then. We need the eggs for breeding, nothing else. The deal I will give you is to convince the crabs to hand over a few of their eggs, we don't need that many. In exchange we will leave them alone and never return to this place. However if you don't there will be a conflict see? Much bloodshed on both sides, terrible, terrible business." He shakes his head. "So what will it be?"

Mee
2013-07-19, 04:42 PM
There is no Snare

"Then I guess it's a date..." Reinholdt says, pulling his knees in.

Unless You're a Drummer

"WOO!" Civvy explains, standing and cheering, before sitting back down.

Morty
2013-07-19, 04:45 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"The crabs told you they don't want to give you their eggs, didn't they? The proper response is to either offer them more in exchange or leave. Not attack. Right now it looks like you're suddenly open to negotiations because it looks like your victims might actually put up a fight," Thariza says. "Couldn't you use the eggs of some non-sapient beings, anyway?"

Reinholdt
2013-07-19, 04:47 PM
He's Missing

"Uhhh..." Reinholdt stares at Civvy with wide eyes for a bit. "So... I guess you've been really wanting a date for a while? Do they not let you date back at HALO?"

More than likely she just enjoys jumping up and going WHOO!

Mee
2013-07-19, 05:31 PM
He's Missing

"Uhhh..." Reinholdt stares at Civvy with wide eyes for a bit. "So... I guess you've been really wanting a date for a while? Do they not let you date back at HALO?"

More than likely she just enjoys jumping up and going WHOO!

Awwwww

Well, it's true. She does rather enjoy jumping up and going WHOO!

"Well, no one there to date, and, really, for an actual date you have to go out and do stuff." Civvy points out, sighing slightly.

Reinholdt
2013-07-19, 06:48 PM
Awwwww

"Hmm... yes, what few guys there are already married, huh?" Lesbian or bust.

"But going out and doing things is generally important, yes."

Mee
2013-07-19, 07:08 PM
Awwwww

"Hmm... yes, what few guys there are already married, huh?" Lesbian or bust.

"But going out and doing things is generally important, yes."

Beach

Take out the or, and it's still true?

"Mmmmmhmm." then Civvy goes back to just watching the colors of the sunset. It's so prettyyy~

Reinholdt
2013-07-19, 07:14 PM
Beach

Of course.

Reinholdt goes back to watching the sunset, though more curled up than before. He had considered turning into a kitty and letting Civvy pet him while the sun set, but things were more awkward now.

Eventually, the sun fully sets and it gets dark.
"I guess it's time to head back."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-19, 07:27 PM
Isle of Crab

"One other thing. You said that we might not be able to afford to stay here because of our other duties. Well, the thing is that we don't have many duties besides some light patrols right now, and the same goes for most of our organization. Which means that if you decide that you're going to threaten us I can easily bring HALO's full force on your fins. I should probably tell you that our current count of goddesses on the premises is two and a half. Give or take a few at any time."

Mee
2013-07-19, 07:57 PM
Beach

Of course.

Reinholdt goes back to watching the sunset, though more curled up than before. He had considered turning into a kitty and letting Civvy pet him while the sun set, but things were more awkward now.

Eventually, the sun fully sets and it gets dark.
"I guess it's time to head back."

Beach

"Probably, yeah. Thanks for bringing me out here, though." Civvy says, sighing slightly and standing.

Reinholdt
2013-07-19, 08:04 PM
Beach

"Of course." Reinholdt stands. "There will be other opportunities you know. To wander about and such. You could probably do it anytime you wanted really." Reinholdt adds as he brushes the sand off him.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-19, 09:40 PM
On the Ocean

And my name's Randii.

Kelnon nods to all three of them in turn.

It is a pleasure meeting all of you as well.

Do the three of you hold any positions of power in the main city?

Isle of Crab

At the merman's mention of more bloodshed, the pattern on the stone in Demon Queen's chest moves a little. The demon trapped inside would very much like more bloodshed. As Thariza gives her reply, Demon Queen closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath, making sure she's still in control.

At Lex's comment, Demon Queen rolls her eyes a little. Bringing in third parties as a threat was usually a bad way to go. Why should he take your threats seriously if you're just gonna call for backup? He will, too. She doesn't say any of this, though. Bad timing. She'll probably mention it later.

What she said. Demon Queen tilts her head toward Thariza a little. Offer something in trade, or leave.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-20, 08:19 AM
On the Ocean

"I run the Elemental department of a currently small mage's organization...why do you ask?" asks Jace.

Mee
2013-07-20, 04:58 PM
Beach

"Of course." Reinholdt stands. "There will be other opportunities you know. To wander about and such. You could probably do it anytime you wanted really." Reinholdt adds as he brushes the sand off him.

Beach

"Probably. I just really, really shouldn't on my own." Civvy still seems stuck on that.
"One reason, as I just found out, is I have no idea how to get back."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-20, 07:01 PM
Isle of Crab

"Trade with the crabs or trade with you? Since if it's the last one, we've tried. We have nothing they desire and they aren't giving us any openings. Don't think you can scare us off though, we have our orders which you as organization members must understand are important. If I show weakness here my ass will be handed to me. So it looks like we are in direct conflict with each other still. Unless you choose to barter I can't guarantee this will end peacefully. People will die." His voice becomes sharper as he utters the last words, staring coldly at the gathered three. "I won't be intimidated by your claims so if you got nothing else I won't trade anymore words."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-20, 07:49 PM
Above the Ocean

Randii chuckles. Me? With responsibilities? Hah! Ain't happenin'.

Kelnon shrugs a little to Jace. I have learned that humans enjoy chatting about subjects that don't seem to matter much at the moment. I thought I would try it.

Isle of Crab

Trade with the crabs, duh. It ain't our eggs you're tryin' to steal. Demon Queen sighs a little, idly placing a hand on the stone in her chest.

So that's it, huh? No alternatives? Can't use other eggs?

The demon inside of the stone wants her to quit trying to drag out this conversation and get on with the fighting already.

Reinholdt
2013-07-21, 10:57 AM
Beach

"Probably. I just really, really shouldn't on my own." Civvy still seems stuck on that.
"One reason, as I just found out, is I have no idea how to get back."

Beach

"Hmm... only way to learn that is to leave more often. Still, this way." Reinholdt says, turning to lead the way back to HALO.

Morty
2013-07-21, 11:40 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"What she said." Thariza doesn't know who Demon Queen is, but she assumes she's someone else who answered the crabs' call for help. "You haven't answered our question. Can't you use the eggs of non-sapient beings?"

Mee
2013-07-21, 07:45 PM
Beach

"Hmm... only way to learn that is to leave more often. Still, this way." Reinholdt says, turning to lead the way back to HALO.

Beach

"Hmmm. Kay." Civvy agrees, following along happily.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-22, 05:56 AM
Isle of Crab

Lex nods. "I haven't heard of very many species that explicitly need sentient beings to breed, and fewer still that need eggs."

On the Ocean

Jace relaxes.
"Alright then. In that case, tell me, how do you feel when crossing such a body of water? I have had elementals tell me the presence of their parent element feels like an extension of themselves while others say they differentiate between the two very clearly."

Reinholdt
2013-07-22, 11:05 AM
Beach

Then off they go. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15669283#post15669283)

Halae
2013-07-23, 11:47 AM
[Orca Island]

"That beast was sacred. The day the spirits decided it should die would be a great day for the hunter that felled it. But you struck it from afar with that contraption." He jabs his spear int he direction of her crossbow. "A coward's kill, and so a coward's punishment."

The selkies that were below the water emerge to cut her off from behind while another pair come from where the leader came from. They are all smaller and less impressive than the leader. Presumably they're a hunting party. Perhaps they were pursuing the same seal she killed.

Whether Michicora tries to flee or readies to fight might be of little consequence. The leader gestures toward her with his spear and shouts a few words in a language she doesn't recognize. Th next moment she might feel something strange happening to her.[Orca Island]

Michicora, if she gets touched by the effect, will feel her body shifting. A coward's form for the user of a coward's weapon.

This transformation is not a swift or painless one, though it isn't necessarily worse than very uncomfortable. Michicora's skin will begin to itch as hair starts growing all over her body, and her eyes will blur as they begin to change. Her ears change shape, and a long tail sprouts from her tailbone.

Michicora will have become a catgirl! Apperance specifcs are up to Shadowcaller, of course, as well as other details, but it is both an instinctual change (and thus includes a great dislike of water, a thought that's cowardly to the ocean dwelling selkies) as well as physical, though her mind will remain, for the most part, intact.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-23, 08:25 PM
On the Ocean

Jace relaxes.
"Alright then. In that case, tell me, how do you feel when crossing such a body of water? I have had elementals tell me the presence of their parent element feels like an extension of themselves while others say they differentiate between the two very clearly."

Kelnon thinks on that for a moment.

I guess I would have to say that both of those apply to me. I can choose to feel the water as if I were feeling my own feet, or I can choose to treat it as a foreign object.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-23, 10:41 PM
On the Ocean

Jace nods, as if taking notes.
"Very interesting. Thank you. My friend and we are just trying to pass some time. You're free to follow if you wish, although my familiar can't carry you, too in all likelihood. Or do you have any suggestions for a direction to head?"

Shadowcaller
2013-07-24, 06:33 PM
Isle of Crab

"No alternatives." The merman confirms. "The master were very specific, it have to be these eggs and there is no room to argue with them. But I guess there is no room for arguments here either." He shifts backwards indicating that this diplomacy attempt probably is over.

[Orca Island]

((Gonna wait with this scene a bit...))

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-24, 09:10 PM
On the Ocean

Kelnon thinks for a moment, then shakes his head slightly.

Thank you for the offer, but I will decline. I would rather just continue my walk out here.

As for directions, personally, I wouldn't go into the city.

Isle of Crab

Demon Queen lets out a slight sigh as the merman leaves. She makes no attempt to stop him.

Guess I'm gonna be here a while, then.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-25, 10:06 AM
On the Ocean

Jace furrows his brow.
"City? You mean Inside? I sort of live there, so..."

Morty
2013-07-25, 10:11 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"Hmph. I figured they were on someone's leash," Thariza says to the others when the mer-man is gone. "Those negotiations went about as well as could be expected. We need to get back to the crabs. Looks like we might need to call for backup from HALO if things get bad."

Deathkeeper
2013-07-25, 05:10 PM
Isle of Crab

"No alternatives." The merman confirms. "The master were very specific, it have to be these eggs and there is no room to argue with them. But I guess there is no room for arguments here either." He shifts backwards indicating that this diplomacy attempt probably is over.

Isle of Crab
"Hmm, and can we know who the masters are?"
((I'll change it otherwise, but I'm going to assume that he's as unhelpful as every other question posed to him))
"No? That's disappointing. I always hate it what happens after negotiations break down."
Lex stomps the ground, hoping to make a pair of spikes rise from the ground, either hampering the merman's escape by getting in the way or impaling him, depending on if he's good at moving with that tail of his.
"Unfortunately, I'm very good at it."
The merman commander may suddenly find his head has been surgically removed by the shotgun Lex has been carrying this whole time without being commented on much.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-25, 05:25 PM
On the Ocean

Kelnon nods a little. And that is fine. But, some of my companions have run into some bad events there in the past, and I'd rather not run the risk.

Randii tilts her head a little. Bad events? Oh, sounds juicy.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-25, 05:38 PM
On the Ocean

"Care to share? Helping elementals is essentially in my job description." says Jace, with a mixture of curiosity and worry.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-25, 06:17 PM
On the Ocean

Kelnon pauses a moment, looking over the group in front of him. Finally, he gives a short nod, as if coming to a decision.

My brethren and I originate from a different realm. We have lived for thousands of years. There are ten of us total. People had found a way to bind us to a physical object and use our power. When we came here, we thought we could get away from all of that. However, it seems that we were wrong.

Right now, four of us are bound to items. I am afraid I do not know they're current location.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-26, 06:12 AM
On the Ocean

"I will look out for them, although if you know what they look like it would help. Magic items can be very diverse," says Jace, Zebes occasionally nodding in unison.

Shadowcaller
2013-07-26, 02:40 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"We are under obligation to not reveal such information." The merman replies with a shake of his head, "So farewell."

Now as he is about to leap into the ocean again several things happen. Lex attempt to hinder his escape by sealing it off with spikes. The platform the merman is standing isn't made of earth however but the ground underneath it is.

Spikes shoot up, but not as far as Lex might have liked, it's enough to get off a shot though but instead of hitting the head he hits the lower part of the merman's tail in his leap over the spikes and into the water. With a scream he falls into the ocean. The shoot is likely lethal anyway unless he get some quick medical attention.

The three can see things starting to move underneath the water now however and suddenly the light that lit up the platform goes out, turning the waters pitch black. Unless they have another source of light they likely won't see anything down there this moonless evening.

[Orca Island]

The hunter have no idea what the Selfie leader is even talking about but the word coward makes her show her teeth in a rather feral way. Were these people honestly asking her to have a duel with her prey? Maybe try to wrestle it with her bare arms? That spear in her hand gave her an unfair advantage as well considering the range it gave and the ability to turn a charge against itself.

She did her sacred duty and now these beings were going to curse her for it?

But such deliberations are quickly interrupted as the pain sets in. Death? A faint thought suggests as she sinks to her knees. But the pain was passing unlike death.

So what had happened? She felt... different. Looking down she could see her arms now spurted black fur, only the palms of her hands and inner surface of her fingers had been spared from the light layer. So she was some sort of monster now? This was their idea of a curse?

But she couldn't spare too much time looking at what had changed, her now cat-like eyes shifts to look at the Selkies and what they were doing.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-26, 09:42 PM
On the Ocean

The only one whose item I know would be the Life spirit, Palta. She is bound to a dagger. This symbol is carved into its blade.

Kelnon gives a casual flick of his wrist, and water sprout from the surface near him, shooting up straight with four arcs coming from it, two on the left and right. Then the water instantly freezes in place.

When we are bound, the symbol of out Base becomes inscribed into the item. This is the symbol for Life on our home world.

He waves his hand again, and the ice melts instantly.

I do not know where she is exactly. Last I had heard, she was in an area known as the Red Zone. If you find her, she can help you find the others, as she can sense our presence very easily.

Isle of Crab

When Lex makes his move, Demon Queen is taken by surprise. She really didn't think any of them here would do that. Well, the demon bound to her would, if it got a chance.

Anyways, because of her surprise, she isn't able to move in time to stop any of it. After it happens, though, she turns to give Lex a very angry look.

What the hell did you do that for!? Now there's no chance that the leaders will try to make a deal!

Yep. She's upset.

Morty
2013-07-27, 07:53 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"They weren't going to anyway," Thariza says. "Their idea of parley was to ask us to kindly roll over and give them what they want without actually fighting them. Now let's get back to the crabs and prepare the defences."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-27, 01:45 PM
Isle of Crab

Nothing seems to happen except that the merman disappears completely out of sight. They might be able to see the crabs in the distance, looking at them expectingly.

Gullara
2013-07-27, 02:01 PM
[Orca Island]

The selkies merely stand around her, keeping their distance. "You take the form of a skittish beast that flees from even the water. A suitable form." The selkie leader says coldly. It appears that they probably don't know a lot about cats.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-27, 03:38 PM
On the Sea

Zebes pipes in, "There are a few places designated as Red Zones. Can you be more specific?"

Isle of Crab

"The commander wouldn't give us even a half-assed explanation, let alone an actual negotiation. There wasn't a chance of talking to the 'masters' before he gave the order to attack, and that's assuming they're more reasonable, which I doubt. Now that order will not go out or will go out later and possibly disorganized, so either way I just saved lives. Now take my hand and let me attune the minefield so it doesn't blow you up, kay? We should get back to the crabs."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-27, 03:49 PM
[Orca Island]

Michicora says nothing, just eyeing the Selkies carefully. They were apparently not going to kill her for some reason, but she didn't like idea of leaving a potential enemy unwatched.

In her mind though, she cursed them, but she wouldn't let them get the satisfaction of hearing it.

Gullara
2013-07-27, 07:00 PM
[Orca Island]

"Go now. That is your punishment. There may be an opportunity for you to make amends, but you will have to humble yourself to do so." The other selkies start to leave into the water, but the leader lingers for a bit longer. "Come back to this place if you want to be free of your curse."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-27, 07:08 PM
[Orca Island]

Michicora finally shakes her head. "I have done nothing wrong." She declares. "I won't leave this place until I have taken care of every part of this animal. Unless you are planning to do that. I won't leave it to rot."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-27, 10:09 PM
On the Ocean

Kelnon shakes his head. I am sorry, I cannot.

However, if any of you can sense energies, you may be able to pick up on her presence. She gives off a stronger aura than the rest of us.

Randii shakes her head a little. Well, I know I can't. Never could get the hang of that.

Isle of Crab

Demon Queen shakes her head a little, sighing. Yes, I know that guy wouldn't have, but his superiors might have. But, there's no chance of that now.

She gives Lex a slightly suspicious look. Minefield? What, is it energy driven or something? If it's a matter of physical contact, I'll just float over them.

Gullara
2013-07-28, 10:20 AM
[Orca Island]

"Do as you will. It's you're kill, not ours." With that, the leader leaves as well; slipping into the water and disappearing.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-28, 04:49 PM
Isle of Crabs

"Anyone who makes their lackeys gather babies to eat doesn't strike me as the negotiable type. And the spells all sense proximity, so you'd need to be at least a few feet above them."

On the Ocean

Jace nods. "Zebes can smell magic, and I can sense it easily. If I pick up anything I will try to aid her. But I suppose I'll let you get back to the walk, then."
And unless Randii or the elemental have anything to add, Jace will help Zebes take off with a push of water.

Morty
2013-07-28, 04:52 PM
[Isle of Crabs]

"Any further 'negotiation' would have consisted of more demands and threats," Thariza says. "From what he told us, they hadn't even changed their tune from what they'd initially told the crabs."

Shadowcaller
2013-07-28, 06:56 PM
[Orca Island]

Fools, turning their back to her even? She should kill the leader when she had the chance. Those beings knew nothing, cursing an enemy and then just leave them alive? It's like they wanted to die.

She wasn't going to try anything though, not until she knew exactly what they had done with her. This fur was useless for instance, everything was just going to get stuck in it. The blood, the water... she get's off her knees and carefully approaches the sealine, feeling a tail move as she walks. That was odd.

Her reflection wasn't much more normal either, the eyes she noticed first and then the floppy ears. They had turned her into a cat... person? Her facial features were the same even if they now were surrounded by black fur. Soft black fur she added in her mind as she felt up her arms and touches her ears. Sensitive, just like a cats.

Urk, she hadn't been wrong about those beings being a bunch of idiots, how the void was this a curse?

She turned back to look at the dead lion seal. But it didn't matter what she were, she had to do this creature one final duty...

The Bushranger
2013-07-28, 08:25 PM
[Beachside?]

HALO's Ground Bridge portal opens here, and deposits the bikini-clad Erin, who looks around and awaits the arrival of her companions as she smiles at the sight of the secluded, perfect beach!

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-28, 09:02 PM
Over the Ocean

Kelnon nods a little. Thank you, and good luck.

Once their in the air again, Randii speaks up.

Ya know, it's kinda weird that he didn't seem too concerned about the spirits being lost.

Isle of Crab

I still would've rather we at least tried to talk to them first. Mostly to prolong the bloodshed as much as she can.

Demon Queen looks to Lex and makes a slight motion with her hand. She raises four feet in the air and hovers.

Staying in the air's easy for me. Doesn't take much more concentration than breathing, really.

But... She lowers herself again. I guess having you "clear me" will make things easier. She'll step towards him and hold out a pale hand.

((If there's anything that Lex can and/or will sense through the hand grasping, let me know, 'kay?))

Felandria
2013-07-28, 09:27 PM
[Beachside?]

HALO's Ground Bridge portal opens here, and deposits the bikini-clad Erin, who looks around and awaits the arrival of her companions as she smiles at the sight of the secluded, perfect beach!

Felandria and (possibly) Ariel appear behind her.

Wow, this is beautiful.

The water is so gorgeous.

The Bushranger
2013-07-28, 10:57 PM
[Beachside]

"I just found out about it recently. There aren't even any crowds yet," Erin says with a grin as she stretches, picking out a spot to spread her beach towel.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-29, 05:58 AM
Above the Sea

"Yes, I did notice that. But then, he didn't seem to show much emotion at all, so I was thinking it might just be that. Not sure, though." says Jace thoughtfully

Isle of Crab

Lex can't sense things through touch; he's essentially just sending her imprint to his spell weaves so she's added to the approved list. He might be able to sense something off if she actually has a strong demon aura about her, but that's pretty much it. The process takes about...7 seconds.
"All done. We should head back then, I suppose."

Felandria
2013-07-29, 02:25 PM
[Beachside]

"I just found out about it recently. There aren't even any crowds yet," Erin says with a grin as she stretches, picking out a spot to spread her beach towel.

Felandria reaches into her Haversack and pulls out an appropriately sized beach towel, laying it next to Erin.

It's a shame there's nobody around to stare at us.

Morty
2013-07-29, 02:30 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"Yeah, those scaly bastards will be back any minute," Thariza says. "We must see to the defences."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-29, 09:40 PM
Above the Ocean

Randii thinks on that for a moment, then shrugs. Could be. I was thinkin' it was cause he's so old that this has happened a few times, and he's just used to it by now.

Isle of Crab

Lex may pick up on the presence of the demon, then.

Demon Queen nods a little, shoves her hand back into her jacket, and turns to head back.

So what can you two do? Combat wise.

The Bushranger
2013-07-29, 11:08 PM
[Beachside]

Felandria reaches into her Haversack and pulls out an appropriately sized beach towel, laying it next to Erin.

It's a shame there's nobody around to stare at us.

Erin giggles and nods in agreement. "Oh, you know it. I love being admired out here," she confesses, stretching and doing a little admiring of her own.

Felandria
2013-07-29, 11:18 PM
[Beachside]

Erin giggles and nods in agreement. "Oh, you know it. I love being admired out here," she confesses, stretching and doing a little admiring of her own.

Felandria lays on her towel.

So, tell me about yourself.

The Bushranger
2013-07-29, 11:21 PM
[Beachside]

"Well, there's not much to tell really. I'm kinda a freelance adventurer, I like blowing stuff up, and I have a daughter from the future who hangs out with everyone at the base," Erin says.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-30, 07:15 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"Yeah, those scaly bastards will be back any minute," Thariza says. "We must see to the defences."

Above the Ocean

Randii thinks on that for a moment, then shrugs. Could be. I was thinkin' it was cause he's so old that this has happened a few times, and he's just used to it by now.

Isle of Crab

Lex may pick up on the presence of the demon, then.

Demon Queen nods a little, shoves her hand back into her jacket, and turns to head back.

So what can you two do? Combat wise.

Above the Sea Again

Jace shrugs.
"Either way I don't think there's anything too worrisome about it. By the way, it's been a while since we left. Did you want to try somewhere else, or would you like us to take you home?"

Isle of Crab

Lex starts walking back to the crabs. "Oh. Energy manipulation, bending earth and stone to my will, general demolitions, short to medium range shooting. Nothing too fancy."
As if all that was pretty normal.

Morty
2013-07-30, 07:26 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"I hit things with my mace and use protective and healing combat magic," Thariza says as she follows the other two, tail swishing behind her.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-07-30, 09:52 AM
Above the Ocean

Randii blinks a few times. Dude, I thought we were gonna go get these spirits.

Isle of Crab

Demon Queen nods a few times. Okay then. I'm telekinetic, and I have a demonic form I can turn into.

My name's Demon Queen, by the way.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-30, 03:09 PM
Above the Seas

Jace blinks. Zebes snickers. "Sorry, I guess I'm just not used to people actually wanting to help us nowadays. Sure, let's do that."
And so a turn is made towards Inside.

Lady Serpentine
2013-07-31, 04:00 PM
[Beachside]

Ariel is here, I suppose, since nothing further was said OOC, probably sitting on a rock by a tidepool with her back to the others, as she doesn't have any swimwear.

Felandria
2013-07-31, 11:29 PM
[Beachside]

"Well, there's not much to tell really. I'm kinda a freelance adventurer, I like blowing stuff up, and I have a daughter from the future who hangs out with everyone at the base," Erin says.

Felandria raises an eyebrow.

A daughter, that must be interesting, is your future daughter older than you somehow, because things happen like that sometimes.

Fel turns towards Ariel.

Come on over, Ariel, we won't bite.

I have an extra towel if you need it.

ThirdEmperor
2013-08-01, 11:58 PM
Deep Sea

Twelve hundred miles underneath the calm blue-green tides, something ancient and collosal sleeps. It has slept for millena. It has slept through through the ocean around it freezing solid, drying to sand and rising again. Great atlantean civilizations have risen unknowing on it's back.

And all that time has been, perhaps, twenty minutes to it's mind.

So, when it's eyes slowly open, when it begins to stir within the crust of dirt and algae and volcanic stone that's built up upon it's hide, the beast thinks of it no more than you would of waking from a short nap.

But the fates think otherwise. To those sensitive to magic, dire portents ring across the weave of the Nexus. Nor does the awakening go unnoticed among the islands and the beaches, it's very presence bringing chaos, making the sea churn violently and hurl itself against the shore in great waves.

Something very dangerous is on it's way, and there's only a day or so before it arrives.

Morty
2013-08-03, 12:49 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"I'm Thariza Ebonhorn and this is Lex," the Charr says. "We're both here from HALO. If things get too hot for the three of us to handle, we might call for backup from there."

The Bushranger
2013-08-04, 03:13 AM
[Beachside]

"About the same age. Wibbley-wobbley, timey-wimey, and all that. She's High Priestess of Angela." Erin sounds quite proud, and waves for Ariel to come and join them.

happyturtle
2013-08-04, 03:45 PM
Beachside 2

This isn't the secluded beach where Erin and company are sunbathing, but a beach that the npcs know about. A nice, hot day in August is a great day to take the kids to the beach to run and swim off their energy before school starts again.

And the perfect chance for a couple of devils to do some EEEEEEEVIL. :smallamused:

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2655/2hg.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/53999522)

Deathkeeper
2013-08-04, 04:11 PM
Isle of Crab

(Sorry, was confused about turn order)

Lex just nods, thinking to himself. Presumably they'll be at the village again soon.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-04, 06:14 PM
Isle of Crab

Demon Queen nods a little. Right. I still don't think that's such a good idea, though, cause you run the risk of those mermen wanting to start a war against HALO. But, if we have to, we have to.

Shadowcaller
2013-08-05, 08:48 AM
Isle of Crab

The crabs come to greet them as they approach the village, the elder already prepared a question for them. WHAT HAPPENED? I HEARD A GREAT BANG, MANY ARE AFRAIDī.

Morty
2013-08-05, 09:10 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"The negotiations went poorly," Thariza says. "The mer-people weren't willing to leave without your eggs."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-05, 09:22 AM
Isle of Crab

Lex still doesn't think a bunch of merpeople would survive a war on HALO. Between the deities and the super-Druids they're quite good at killing baby-eating creatures.
"Their minimum was measured in dozens, so we said no, and he refuses to try asking you. I stopped him from leaving to give the order to wipe you out, which might have bought us some time."

Ashen Lilies
2013-08-05, 02:09 PM
Beachside 2

This isn't the secluded beach where Erin and company are sunbathing, but a beach that the npcs know about. A nice, hot day in August is a great day to take the kids to the beach to run and swim off their energy before school starts again.

And the perfect chance for a couple of devils to do some EEEEEEEVIL. :smallamused:

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2655/2hg.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/53999522)

[Beachside 2]

EEEEEEEVIL.

Kal is with Decker, wearing what else but a sexy black Speedo to go with his super hot bod. It's actually slightly more conservative than what you might expect from him, because of the children around. I mean, it's not a thong, and it doesn't have mesh cutouts on the sides or anything like he wore to that beach party. But still. Kal. Speedo. Nice.

happyturtle
2013-08-05, 03:08 PM
Beachside 2

Decker makes her way around the beach, "accidentally" kicking sand onto towels, swapping out someone's sunscreen for hair-growth serum, and worst of all, bumping into anyone she sees who is carrying ice cream.

The fiend! :smallmad:

"I feel evil. But am I evil enough?" Decker ponders aloud.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-05, 07:44 PM
Isle of Crab

Oh, hey. The crabs talk. The one that brought Demon Queen here didn't. Eh, oh well.

She picks up right from Lex's statement.

Which means we need to get to work on our defenses. Do all of your folk live in just this village?

Shadowcaller
2013-08-06, 09:51 AM
[Isle of Crab]

The elder crab (who got a long white beard) isn't actually talking, it's writing this on a small chalkboard it's carrying around. I HAD HOPED TO AVOID THIS. BUT WE FARED NO BETTER.

He erases it and starts new. WE ONLY LIVE ON THIS ISLAND NEWCOMER. IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP US AS WELL WE ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL. THE GALLS WILL PROBABLY COME SOON.

[Storm Spire]

Sporedark will suddenly find himself looking over a large coastal city with winding spires reaching up into the clouds. The surfaces of the buildings are made of some sort of metal which reflects the evening sun going down under the horizon.

The design might appear rather alien to the gloaming as the staircases are running outside the spires instead of inside them with bridges between the various buildings. Far below there are signs of more standard buildings with streets and wooden houses been build around the vast spires.

He himself is sitting on a balcony with a made table to his side. Looks like he's about to be served dinner. Suddenly a glass door slides open behind him and a bandaged energy being comes out of the spire. "Ah, you must be Sporedark. I am Sheffir of the Consortium. Your punctuality has been noted." The being sits down next to him. "You wanted a sponsorship, is that correct?" Sheffir takes up what appears to be a solid purple screen. Perhaps some kind of notebook?

Lost_Deep
2013-08-06, 10:06 AM
Storm Spire

"Yes, sir. My current situation does not lend itself to sharing my art; and I do not currently have the means to change my situation." Sporedark says. He's suddenly professional, polite, and all that kind of stuff.

Morty
2013-08-06, 10:13 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"We already put up some defences before the negotiations started. We might as well shore them up before they come back," Thariza says.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-07, 02:54 PM
Isle of Crab

Lex nods.
"That sounds good to me."

Felandria
2013-08-07, 04:05 PM
[Beachside]

"About the same age. Wibbley-wobbley, timey-wimey, and all that. She's High Priestess of Angela." Erin sounds quite proud, and waves for Ariel to come and join them.

Who's Angela?

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-07, 08:21 PM
Isle of Crab

Demon Queen nods as well.

Alright then. Let's get to it.

Ashen Lilies
2013-08-08, 09:38 AM
[B]"I think so." Says Kal. "I mean, that last ice cream you knocked over had three scoops in it. Three. Scoops. How do you get more evil than that!?" Kal's not sure if he wants to know. :smalleek:

Shadowcaller
2013-08-08, 07:43 PM
Isle of Crab

The crabs follows the three along and will attempt aid them in the last minute preparations of the defenses. But as you're working a loud horn can suddenly be heard.

THOOOTHOOO!!!!

The crabs stop and look around but you can't see anything. Then it sounds again.

THOOOTOOOO!!!

THOOOTOHOOO!!!

This time it's responded by another horn and there isn't much pause before the horns sound again, coming from all directions.

Storm Spire

"So what do you exactly need from a sponsor and what do you think you could give in turn?" Shefir asks as the purple notepad appears to be taking notes on it's own.

The Bushranger
2013-08-08, 09:34 PM
[Beachside]

Who's Angela?

Erin smiles, sitting up and wrapping her arms around her knees as she turns towards Felandria. "Angela is the Selenite Goddess of Lust," she explains. "Her portfolio revolves around helping people be confident and exploring their desires, encouraging them to enjoy pleasure in all its forms regardless of the dissapproval of others, provided everyone consents, nobody is hurt and no relationships are damaged."

Morty
2013-08-09, 11:31 AM
[Isle of Crab]

"Looks like our time's up," Thariza says, tightening straps on her armour. "Let's make those fish-folk regret ever growing lungs."

Deathkeeper
2013-08-09, 11:44 AM
Isle of Crab

Lex pumps his shotgun.
"I'll make 'em regret growing corporeal bodies."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-09, 09:21 PM
Isle of Crab

Could you two be any more cheesy?

Demon Queen gives the others a smirk as she floats her bladed ring off the back of her jacket and makes it hover next to her. Then she'll shrug out of the jacket and float it to the side.

Lost_Deep
2013-08-10, 10:01 AM
Storm Spire

"The main thing I need from a sponsor is public exposure. In my current situation, I have no exposure, and no way to get it. As for what I could supply... I have a natural curiosity, a gift at making unusual art, and I don't particularly care how much money I make on this endeavor. And I don't throw tantrums, so that's easier for public relations."

Sporedark knows that all artists are quirky. Having quirks that don't make it hard to make you look cool to the public can help a lot.

happyturtle
2013-08-10, 10:26 AM
[B]"I think so." Says Kal. "I mean, that last ice cream you knocked over had three scoops in it. Three. Scoops. How do you get more evil than that!?" Kal's not sure if he wants to know. :smalleek:

Decker twitches her tail and gives him a look over her shoulder. "Try and top it." :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2013-08-10, 11:31 AM
Isle of Crab

THOOOTTOOTH!!!

The horn sounds yet again, even louder this time, causing some of the crabs to flail wildly with their claws but it doesn't stop nor is there any visible source of it. All they can see breaking the surface are bubbles rising from the depths.

TOOTHTOOOTH!!!

Storm Spire

Shefir nods his head in understanding. "A common problem in the nexus. People appreciate violence more than art, artists such as yourself are seen as unnecessary. But I think we can find someone who's willing to help you with that problem. Now here in Storm Spire the market is pretty filled up, there is some ridiculous competition around these parts. You'd likely drown in the overfilled marked." He pauses and looks up from his notepad at Sporedark. "Now Inside and Riverside are new untested ground however and I believe there is a future for aspiring artists such as yourself there. Most big-time artists around here simply don't care about those markets and the other way around. I sense an opportunity, don't you?"

Lost_Deep
2013-08-10, 12:42 PM
Storm Spire

Sporedark nods in agreement. "Yeah. And if it doesn't work, I at least know I can recover fairly fast. For me, at least, it's worth the venture."

Morty
2013-08-10, 04:33 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"Stand fast, everyone," Thariza says. "They'll be on us soon." She has strapped her shield to her left arm and is gripping a large, flanged mace in her right hand.

Felandria
2013-08-10, 08:21 PM
[Beachside]

Erin smiles, sitting up and wrapping her arms around her knees as she turns towards Felandria. "Angela is the Selenite Goddess of Lust," she explains. "Her portfolio revolves around helping people be confident and exploring their desires, encouraging them to enjoy pleasure in all its forms regardless of the dissapproval of others, provided everyone consents, nobody is hurt and no relationships are damaged."

Fel sighs contentedly.

That sounds wonderful.

I hope to ascend one day.

The Bushranger
2013-08-10, 08:42 PM
[Beachside]

"Oh, it is." Erin actually blushes a little - green, it might be noted - and giggles, before turning more serious once more. "You do? What would your portfolio be?" she asks, genuinely curious.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-10, 10:14 PM
Isle of Crab

"Sorry, it's just how my brain works.

Minimum loss of life, minimum loss of life. Suppress desire for a rocket launcher."
Lex mutters to himself that last part.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-11, 08:58 PM
Isle of Crab

Demon Queen keeps her eyes and ears open, waiting for the impending attack. She takes this time to stretch out her arms and legs a little. Couldn't hurt any.

Shadowcaller
2013-08-12, 06:21 AM
[Isle of Crab]

The three stand ready, prepared for anything. But are they prepared for nothing? Since there aren't any visible mermen invading the beaches of the island. Instead all they can see are more bubbles rising to the surface as the horns continue their infernal song.

The group can hear the horns coming from the inland as well, if they go to look they can see bubbles rising from the dive pools. Sounds like they are coming from all over the place.

Storm Spire

"Good, then we're in an understanding." Shefir nods before turning back to his notepad. "Now I took the liberty of doing some research and you have been associated with a woman known under the penname "Psycho"?" Not really much of a penname. :smalltongue:

"My files tell me her real name is Vrivecka, a known freelance transformation artist who don't work for anyone but herself. There were an investor interested in purchasing her work without much success." The agent looks up at Sporedark. "How much do you know about this woman? Is your art anything like hers?"

Morty
2013-08-12, 02:34 PM
[Isle of Crab]

"Blast it. Sounds like there's even more of them than we expected," Thariza says. "And they're moving in to surround us. Be ready for anything."

Lost_Deep
2013-08-12, 05:08 PM
Storm Spire

Oh... snap. Welp...

"I have been a long-time friend with her, one of her closest friends if not the closest one. I have been on the receiving end of her art frequently. While I have, on occasion, done some things like what she does, what I consider to be my art is less morally questionable. I often use, twist, and combine more traditional methods."

Felandria
2013-08-13, 02:10 AM
[Beachside]

"Oh, it is." Erin actually blushes a little - green, it might be noted - and giggles, before turning more serious once more. "You do? What would your portfolio be?" she asks, genuinely curious.

Honestly, I don't know.

I think it's one of those things you find out for yourself once you ascend, like the thing with the cartoon horses.

Deathkeeper
2013-08-13, 05:53 AM
Isle of Crab

Lex can't check the pools, having covered most of the ones nearby. Still, he takes the opportunity to move to the edge of the village opposite Thariza to cover multiple sides.

Shadowcaller
2013-08-13, 08:31 AM
Storm Spire

"So do you work with people or just with objects? Living art doesn't have to mean moral questionability and it is rather popular these days. Flesh is a trend among my people right now, an nostalgic trip." Shefir explains.

Lost_Deep
2013-08-13, 08:54 AM
Storm Spire

"Not generally-hmm."

He's quiet for a moment.

"A 'body paint' pattern... many different colors... the trick would be the pattern, but I know I could do that. Huh. That's a good idea. Er, I don't generally work with flesh, but it is within my capabilities."

Shadowcaller
2013-08-13, 09:01 AM
Storm Spire

The agent nods, more text appearing on his notepad. "That's good to know but we should keep in mind we're focusing on the Inside and the Riverside audience whom I believe prefer public art. In any case there are in fact a number of sponsors who I think are willing to contribute to your art in both cities. So the question is where you want to work. Eventually if you're going for publicity you might get know in both cities but it's good to start somewhere."

Lost_Deep
2013-08-13, 11:01 AM
Storm Spire

Sporedark shrugs. "Eh, I move around a lot right now. My main thought is that Riverside is currently in the middle of everyone being cranky at everyone, politically-speaking. I think we might want to avoid that until it simmers down. I don't want to have to take sides."

The Bushranger
2013-08-13, 06:40 PM
[Beachside]

Honestly, I don't know.

I think it's one of those things you find out for yourself once you ascend, like the thing with the cartoon horses.

"Huh?" Erin looks confused for a moment, then shrugs. "I guess that makes sense. I'd never really thought about it too much though. Most of what I know is 'kill a god, get their portfolio', sometimes for varying definitions of 'kill'..."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-08-13, 09:45 PM
Isle of Crab

Demon Queen will move away as well, to cover a larger area. She really wishes these mermen would just hurry up and attack. The suspense was starting to annoy her.

Felandria
2013-08-14, 10:59 PM
[Beachside]

"Huh?" Erin looks confused for a moment, then shrugs. "I guess that makes sense. I'd never really thought about it too much though. Most of what I know is 'kill a god, get their portfolio', sometimes for varying definitions of 'kill'..."

Thats not entirely accurate, after all, Magtok killed my father and he didn't gain his power.

Then again, you know how Zeus and the Olympians are, dead isn't always dead.

NatsuGaki
2013-08-15, 09:10 PM
A massive flying object becomes visible to anyone who cares, from the direction of Inside. As it comes closer, it becomes a massive fox/wolf, ghost fires fluttering around it, ridden by a woman in a traditional oriental-style dress. Her hair, partly up in a style matching her dress, is extremely long and silver. Outwardly, she seems to be human, but her transportation and hair throw that idea a little off kilter.

The Bushranger
2013-08-15, 10:27 PM
[Beachside]

Thats not entirely accurate, after all, Magtok killed my father and he didn't gain his power.

Then again, you know how Zeus and the Olympians are, dead isn't always dead.

"It depends on the pantheon, I think. And true...I heard something about that." Erin smirks. "If you want to get back at the Tin Man about it, drop veiled comments about goats."

Felandria
2013-08-15, 11:07 PM
[Beachside]

"It depends on the pantheon, I think. And true...I heard something about that." Erin smirks. "If you want to get back at the Tin Man about it, drop veiled comments about goats."

Oh, Magtok will be dealt with, one way or another.

I'm a little worried about Ariel over there, I think she's shy.

Lady Serpentine
2013-08-16, 03:17 AM
[Side of the Beach]

"Not exactly... I just don't have anything else to wear. So not much point in going over there with you two, y'know?"

Ariel sighs softly and stays at the tidepool, still staring into it.

The Bushranger
2013-08-19, 06:38 PM
[Beachside]

"Oh...well, I can do something about that for you," Erin offers with a smile, as she stands and walks over to Ariel.

Swaying her hips for Felandria's benefit, of course.

NatsuGaki
2013-08-21, 06:29 AM
[The Beach]

The wolf-thingy lands with a thud, nearly sending the girl flying. Instead, she tumbles off with little dignity, and turns to glare at her transportation.

"Merciful gryffons, ZiZi, can't you be more graceful?"

The wolf-thingy grins unmistakeably and shakes his massive head. The girl frowns, and then giggles. She turns around to view her surroundings.

Anyone paying attention could see that she was merely pretty. A nice form, fair skin, and brown eyes. If her hair had been black instead of gray, 'merely pretty' would be a gross understatement. But her hair was gray, thank you very much, and she wasn't planning on changing that any time soon.

Shadowcaller
2013-08-21, 06:45 AM
Storm Spire

Sporedark shrugs. "Eh, I move around a lot right now. My main thought is that Riverside is currently in the middle of everyone being cranky at everyone, politically-speaking. I think we might want to avoid that until it simmers down. I don't want to have to take sides."

Isle of Crab

Demon Queen might be disappointed then because when he said he believed they had all the time in the world, he must really have meant it. But something else happens however, a thick mist starts to raise from the murky depths and float in over the island, soon covering it entirely unless one of the three have a way of stopping it.

Storm Spire

"Inside it is then, excellent." More notes appear on his tab. "Now there are a few established galleries in Inside where you could showcase your art. It wouldn't be too hard for me to fix you into one but first I need to know what you're planning to showcase. I have a few number of samples of your art right here but are you going to show that or a new set?"

Felandria
2013-08-21, 06:48 AM
[Beachside]

"Oh...well, I can do something about that for you," Erin offers with a smile, as she stands and walks over to Ariel.

Swaying her hips for Felandria's benefit, of course.

Fel follows behind and consoles Ariel.

Yeah, you're with us, we'll make you look good.