PDA

View Full Version : Good Paladin Spells to Persist

Yogibear41
2013-07-10, 03:41 PM
What are some good paladin spells to persist using Divine Metamagic?
Any official book is available.

1-4 wizard spells may or may not be persistable if using the sword of the arcane order feat feel free to toss any of these that may be worthwhile in too.

TheMooch
2013-07-10, 06:03 PM
lets see

favor of the martyr (Paladin 4 - SC 89)
holy sword (Paladin 4 - SRD)
divine favor (Paladin 1 - SRD)

come to mind

Slipperychicken
2013-07-10, 06:16 PM
There's the old standby of Bull's Strength.

Discern Lies could be nice for RP purposes.

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-10, 06:39 PM
Find the Gap from Draconomicon. It effectively allows you one touch attack per round.

Glimbur
2013-07-10, 07:45 PM
Silverbeard! Yes, the +2 to AC is probably not worth persisting unless you can persist as many spells as you want, but on the other hand you grow a silver beard. And it's level 1, so...

Slipperychicken
2013-07-10, 09:37 PM
Silverbeard! Yes, the +2 to AC is probably not worth persisting unless you can persist as many spells as you want, but on the other hand you grow a silver beard. And it's level 1, so...

I wonder if you could then break off your beard, melt it down into magic silver bars, then exchange it for money.

Metahuman1
2013-07-10, 09:40 PM
Rhino's Rush from the Spell Compendium doubles all damage on a charge. Can you say Yes strongly enough?

Particularly when you pair it off with Lion's Charge, also form spell compendium. You now have pounce, all day, and if combine with Rhion's rush, every time you hit it's double damage, more if your using a valorous weapon and/or mounted and/or using a Lance and/or spirited charge.

And I think the spell compendium version of find the gap just makes all your attacks effectively touch attacks.

BowStreetRunner
2013-07-10, 10:09 PM
And I think the spell compendium version of find the gap just makes all your attacks effectively touch attacks.

I didn't notice that it was reprinted in SC, good catch. However, it just says the 'first attack' each round. So still just one a round. But that is still pretty good.

Slipperychicken
2013-07-10, 10:22 PM
Rhino's Rush from the Spell Compendium doubles all damage on a charge. Can you say Yes strongly enough?

I was considering mentioning that one, but it only doubles the damage of the next charge you do. Kind of like True Strike; persisting it doesn't help because it only applies once.

Sugashane
2013-07-10, 10:28 PM
I was considering mentioning that one, but it only doubles the damage of the next charge you do. Kind of like True Strike; persisting it doesn't help because it only applies once.

Exactly right. Better just cast it as a swift action and get the Valorous enchantment added to your weapon.

I didn't notice that it was reprinted in SC, good catch. However, it just says the 'first attack' each round. So still just one a round. But that is still pretty good.

Even better if combined with the method used above. Charge with a +2 and deal triple damage with a Rhino's Rush and Valorous weapon combination, at a touch attack. It is a potent combo. Getting an item enchanted with Wraithstrike would make all melee attacks touch as well, for 12,000-18,000gp (depending if the DM uses the body slot based enchantments).