PDA

View Full Version : shadowcaster tier level?

CyberThread
2013-07-10, 05:51 PM
IF I remember right, shadow casters are considered tier 4? The fixes bring them barley to tier 3?

Darth Stabber
2013-07-10, 07:13 PM
They are tier 4 (good at a number of things, not great at anything), though I am curious as to what fixes you are referring.

Karnith
2013-07-10, 07:16 PM
They are tier 4 (good at a number of things, not great at anything), though I am curious as to what fixes you are referring.
Presumably Ari Marmell's/Mouseferatu's fixes (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?184955-Shadowcaster-fixes-by-Mouseferatu), since they are about as close to an official fix as we're likely to get. Are there other prominent fixes in the community?

Piggy Knowles
2013-07-10, 07:19 PM
Super simple fix: change mysteries per day to mysteries per encounter. Surprise! It's suddenly possible to play a low-level shadowcaster.

Big Fau
2013-07-10, 08:04 PM
Super simple fix: change mysteries per day to mysteries per encounter. Surprise! It's suddenly possible to play a low-level shadowcaster.

Only for apprentice mysteries (or whatever they called the low-level ones). Some of the high-level ones are game-breakers (like Shadow Time pre-errata, or that one in the Cityscape expansion that screws with the spacial continuum).